Allen & Allen is currently recruiting for an Intake Specialist to join our team in our Richmond office location!
The Intake Specialist is a full time, non-exempt level position reporting to the Intake Manager. The Intake Specialist primary function is to provide outstanding client service while handling calls from prospective clients efficiently and effectively. We rely on our Intake team for their flexibility and patience, ability to connect with prospective clients, and their diverse experience and skills.
Key Responsibilities for the Intake Specialist include the following:
- Promptly answers incoming calls and/or emails regarding potential new cases for all branches.
- Utilizes the Firm’s case management system and other technology resources to document new case and client information appropriately. Performs data entry of caller information, call outcome, referrals, scheduled appointments, and other transactions.
- Follows established guidelines regarding client service, responsiveness, appointment setting, and other call handling processes.
- Provides excellent client service by establishing a rapport with callers, using appropriate voice tone, clear enunciation, respectful words, as well as empathy for their situation and needs.
- Manages each call effectively, balancing the need to listen and obtain details from the caller with the need to minimize excessive call time.
- Evaluates the information obtained from each caller to determine whether an appointment should be set for the prospective client, a referral to another attorney or firm should be made, or some alternative information should be provided.
- Consults with the Intake Manager on elevated calls or to determine the best solution for a caller.
- Meets or exceeds established targets related to call intake, call handling, average call time, and other metrics.
- Completes other tasks and projects, as assigned.
Required Education & Experience for Intake Specialists:
- High School Diploma or GED is required for this position, along with a minimum of 3 years related experience, including client service, administrative tasking, and call handling is required.
- A bachelors degree is strongly preferred. Knowledge or experience with claims of personal injury, medical malpractice, products liability or similar areas is strongly preferred. A nursing degree is a plus.
- Experience working in a call center environment or significant phone call handling experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required. Bilingual candidates (Spanish) are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to communicate by phone and type on a PC simultaneously is required.
- Familiarity with technologies in use at the Firm, including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Worldox.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume here: http://allenandallen.submittable.com/submit/22200.