Allen Health Care Services

Allen Health Care Services Employee Reviews

productive enviroment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 2, 2015
Pros: good schedule
Cons: no healthcare low wages
job included taking clients to doctors appointments,reminding clients to take medication, preparing meals and bathing and dressing client as needed
Health care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 24, 2015
Took care of elderly people help with medication. Also had household dutie such as cleaning , laundry and sorting medication. I also cooked and prepared meals
variety of different places to work, all boroughs, different people to be around building a comfortable relationship with your patients
home attendant (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: create your own hours
Cons: lack of communication with the coordinators
A typical day at work is very easy going depending on my patients mood, which is fine by me because i understand them..What i can say ive learned by working here is different ethnicities what people likes are and what they do not like, Their beliefs etc.I work alone with the patients so i dont have any co-workers.The hardest part of the day for me would be seeing my patient in a bad mood noit feeling too well.I defiantly would say the best part of my day is going home knowing how much ive helped somone who really needed it
Disorganized
Accounts Receivable/ Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Forest Hills, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: favortism
I love the people I work with. Sneaky under handed Directors. Nepotism is the way of their business.
A place where i can shine.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2014
Pros: helping sick people.
Cons: not enough hours.
I am very impressed with everything! It keeps me busy and I like that very much. I have the chance to express myself on a regular basis.
Poor manangment ,unprofessional ,incompetent staff.
Admin (Former Employee), Forest hillsOctober 17, 2014
It is not a good company to work ,If you are looking for professionalism and high expectation is not the right place ,they don't threat employees with respect the human resources supervisor is rude .I worked in the paraprofessional record the supervisor from that department doesn't threat everybody equal and wants to explode employees by giving them extra work and poor salary.
Terrible
Administrative assistant (Current Employee), Forest Hills QueensSeptember 24, 2014
This place is very unprofessional... Im warning you DO NOT APPLY
Productive and educating
Recruiter - BX, NY (Current Employee), Bronx NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: helping our patients recieve amazing care from our home health aides
I have learned a lot when it comes to the home care field. i would appreciate the opportunity to advance my skills.
Awful
Nurse (Former Employee), NYC, NassauMay 31, 2014
Cons: everything
I resigned within 3 months. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to work here.
Wrong Fit For Me
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 28, 2014
Cons: everything
Most of the coordinators are extremely rude. Just about everyone in the company lacks respect. Management was/is completely useless. Having issues with family? Look forward to being taken off of your case and eventually laid off. The people employed by this company are completely childish. If you aren't a favorite be prepared to have a miserable experience. Having issues with a patient? Look forward to being told you have to stay on the case no matter what. That is until they find a replacement, which they never do. I was being sexually harassed and had to stay on the case for months waiting for a replacement. When I was tired of dealing with it they decided I only needed about 10-15 hours a week. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Very caring facility
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no cons
Great work environment. It actually made me go back to school and become certified as an Medical Assistant.
working with the
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Queens, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: lack of work
working with patients and making sure that they are safe and cared for
i would not recommend them too anyone
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Queens N.Y.January 29, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: working conditions
I think the get all the worst cases available. their coordinators must learn a little more public relations.
productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYDecember 25, 2013
Pros: housr
Cons: no breaks
when you work as a aide you never know who you are going to meet, many people i've taken care of were very nice, then you get thoes that are still dependent and would like for you to leave.
nice place for work
Home health Aide (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 9, 2013
is a safe environment for work, we helped each other, everyone do they duty, the time past faster, i enjoyed work in this kind of job.
hostile environment, inappropriate conduct, favoritism,
n/a (Former Employee), n/aJuly 18, 2013
Cons: everything
Allen is one of the most hostile, unorganized, unprofessional environments to place in. The co workers are rude, and unprofessional . They treat the home health aides awful. Favoritism plays a key role when it comes to how thing's are run. The atmosphere is completely childish and inappropriate.
Payroll Clerk/ Staff monitor (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 21, 2013
Pros: ability to make your own food right at work.
Cons: short breaks and in between breaks.
My typical day was very enjoyable. I learned to be more professional. The management team was hands on and professional. My co-workers were fun and interesting and hard working. Thhardest part was adjusting in this new career choice i had made but at the same time fun and rewarding.
A good place to work part time especially if your in college
Home Health aide (HHA) (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYFebruary 27, 2013
the pay isnt that great . but you can pick the day, time and boro thats conveint for you

June 10, 2013

I work for Allen and they care nothing about my health or my college courses...to each his own, I guess.

Review
Supervising Coordinator (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, NYAugust 10, 2012
Working at Allen was a lot of fun, it was a place you wanted to be, was the #1 office. I learned that when you worked in a team you have a lot of work done. The hardest part is when we had cases open and we didn't have no aides to send to cover those cases. The most enjoyable of the job was that every body stay until the last case was cover.
Every man for themselves
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 25, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everythin
They dont care about you nor your family and dont communicate with the patients or the worker either

About Allen Health Care Services

Allen Health Care has provided quality home healthcare services to hundreds of thousands of families in the New York area over – Read more

Allen Health Care Services Salaries