Allen Health Care Services Employee Reviews

Best place I have worked
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be there for your family.

The staff was always kind to there clients and employees
It is rewarding to help and make someone comfortable in their condition
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2016
The hardest part of the job is getting used to a client and getting to know what they need and like and then being removed and transferred to another client. However, it is rewarding when you put a smile on ones face and make them feel comfortable.
Pros
Bonding and helping someone
Cons
No breaks, must stay alert at all times.
Take your own judgement
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYMay 20, 2016
First of all most of coordinators are unorganized and unprofessional. They don't responded efficiently. Everyone is always trying to get the next person either fired or in trouble. Management is petty , it's all a rivalry amongst each other. The attendance staff gets treated poorly especially after a new department took over them and think they know how to run the attendance team when they dont. They stress you out and makes you not want to come to work . Also any little thing you do you will get penalized for . You have to be able to move at a fast pace if not this job isn't for you. If they change a policy they don't train you properly before having to do act upon it. Also the drama amongst everyone is unprofessional and unnecessary.
Pros
One hour lunches, your own desk can decorate as you please.
Cons
Stressful environment, too much micro managing. Poor managment communication.
Stay Away!!!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Do yourself a favor stay away from this place!!!!!!! Nothing but low class trash working here. If you seek a professional environment this is not it!!!!!
love helping others
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I love the fact I work alone in the field and I love the fact that at the end of the day the patient is always satisfied. I learned that older people have their ways.
Be careful with this agency!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYDecember 10, 2015
Very unprofessional coordinators, low pay, and disregard for your safety on the job. I've spent years in healthcare admin. support roles in hospitals, was compensated nicely for answering phones, filing etc.Decided to try this area of healthcare to see if a nursing career would be for me. Not happy with the organization of home care, too high risk for such low pay and treatment! We deserve better. #15 @ least.
Pros
NONE!
Cons
Not happy with pay/benefits. Discrepancy between 24 hr and live in cases, some say they are one in the same...they're not.
The management always with together with the aids to get the job done
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the in-service meetings. It was a way to meet the other home health aides and to hear about their work experiences.
Pros
The agency always found me work and showed compassion towards me when my mother became ill.
Cons
I could lose a case if the client moved or became ill and went into the hospital.
love it
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 2, 2015
Great pay , don't have to worry about Nothing, lots of benefits, patients are great, communication is good. If i had to recommend this job to someone i would with no problem.
no communication with supervisors did not get paid on or for what i worked
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  forest hills, Ny 11375August 4, 2015
Best part of this job was the training and meeting other people who were willing to help others! Also being able to make someone happy and knowing that they appreciated me being there to help!
Pros
Free $130 every 3 months for metrocards to travel to and from work
Cons
lack of communication
okay job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 15, 2015
took care of my patients did light housing keeping took them to appointments mangament was okay the hardest part was working 12 hrs shifts
Disorganized, Favoritism, Supervisors are for themselves
Coordinating Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJune 7, 2015
This company can be very productive if there was not so much favoritism for certain employees. Lots of late nights, no help from supervisors or directors.
Do not recommend this job to no one.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
late nights
productive enviroment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 2, 2015
job included taking clients to doctors appointments,reminding clients to take medication, preparing meals and bathing and dressing client as needed
Pros
good schedule
Cons
no healthcare low wages
Health care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 24, 2015
Took care of elderly people help with medication. Also had household dutie such as cleaning , laundry and sorting medication. I also cooked and prepared meals
variety of different places to work, all boroughs, different people to be around building a comfortable relationship with your patients
home attendant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 6, 2015
A typical day at work is very easy going depending on my patients mood, which is fine by me because i understand them..What i can say ive learned by working here is different ethnicities what people likes are and what they do not like, Their beliefs etc.I work alone with the patients so i dont have any co-workers.The hardest part of the day for me would be seeing my patient in a bad mood noit feeling too well.I defiantly would say the best part of my day is going home knowing how much ive helped somone who really needed it
Pros
create your own hours
Cons
lack of communication with the coordinators
Disorganized
Accounts Receivable/ Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 14, 2014
I love the people I work with. Sneaky under handed Directors. Nepotism is the way of their business.
Pros
learning
Cons
favortism
A place where i can shine.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2014
I am very impressed with everything! It keeps me busy and I like that very much. I have the chance to express myself on a regular basis.
Pros
helping sick people.
Cons
not enough hours.
Poor manangment ,unprofessional ,incompetent staff.
Admin (Former Employee) –  Forest hillsOctober 17, 2014
It is not a good company to work ,If you are looking for professionalism and high expectation is not the right place ,they don't threat employees with respect the human resources supervisor is rude .I worked in the paraprofessional record the supervisor from that department doesn't threat everybody equal and wants to explode employees by giving them extra work and poor salary.
Terrible
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills QueensSeptember 24, 2014
This place is very unprofessional... Im warning you DO NOT APPLY
Productive and educating
Recruiter - BX, NY (Current Employee) –  Bronx NYAugust 4, 2014
I have learned a lot when it comes to the home care field. i would appreciate the opportunity to advance my skills.
Pros
helping our patients recieve amazing care from our home health aides
Awful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  NYC, NassauMay 31, 2014
I resigned within 3 months. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to work here.
Cons
everything

2.9