Allen Health Care Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
They are the most unorganized company I have every worked for in my intire life . The workers are very rude.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 17, 2017
I have nothing to say about this comapany I worked for for 2 years the money is pretty good but when they had hours for me being on that I'm a guy made it a little harder
Great job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Always make sure your consistent, shoes to work on time..
They are great when it comes to dealing with people. Just always keep a positive attitude. Thank you
Hard job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 29, 2017
Working as an hha has its own pros and con's depending on the patient if your doing home care its very hard dealing with some patients due to there needs and living situations but as the aide you must find it in your heart to understand what challenges they face on the day to day basis
Pros
Metro cards
Cons
Traveling
Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 8, 2017
Almost a year with the company, decent hours if you ask your coordinator. Receive benefits such as health insurance including vision and dental , transportation , uniform allowance, 401K , paid sick days and vacation .
Pros
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Transportation Card
Cons
Takes long to get new cases
Great people
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2017
Love working here and helping the elderly. Just by doing the simple things in life that we often take for granted, they really appreciate you. Sometimes they tend to be rude. The only problem I had was with the coordinators they are not very organized. Some of them need to go back in training.
Pros
dont have to pay for training upfront
Cons
coordinators
Working there as a HHA
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with and caring for clients with different religious, ethnic and national backgrounds. Each person was unique with different needs but with patience, compassion and respect (and asking many questions so that I would learn to daily improve my skills) I was able to perform my duties. Allen Health Care Services, as a healthcare agency always make sure that the client and their families have HHA's who will do whatever to the best of their abilities to see to all the needs of the clients.
Pros
101K plans, rooms for advancement, monthly In-House servce training
Low pay and disrespectful to workers
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 21, 2017
I would suggest another agency to anyone. Every agency has bad coordinators. Especially because the job doesn't require a college degree but we make the company (the HHA's). They need to learn to speak to people or the company will fail.
love traveling to meet new people
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smile on my patients face after helping them out. I also take love the reward of knowing that I made a difference in their lives.
Lies and understaffed
Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 12, 2017
Responsibilities change on a daily basis, pressure and understaffed. Management only worries about how many hours are brought in, they don't care about their HHA's, employees or patients. It is very sad that it has been brought to managements attention and they do not care about patients well being or employees. They put a good presentation for the insurance so that they can continue to receive new cases but cannot retain them.
Cons
Understaffed
False advertisement of benefits to get people to sign up
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2017
If you are not working a live in job the benefits will never be awarded to you. You must work over 200 or 600 hours in 3months to get the uniforms benefit, about 50 hours every 3months to get the metrocard benefit, 200-300 hours for eyeglass benefit. 401k, medical has ridiculous prices you can not afford it if you do not do live in job more than 4 days and the company does not like to pay overtime. In order to keep the benefits you basically have to work Like slave for the agency and keep up the hours in a 3 months period or you will lose the benefit . The union is useless also, they have nothing for the home health aides so we are paying dues for nothing. They take taxes plus dues which makes our checks short at the end of the week. If you can not work live in this agency is not for you. There is no room for advancement and the union want you to pay for the same classes that the agency give you at in service. They are robbing people with this union dc1707. They send you to places when you tell them you can not work with smokers or pets. They do not tell you that you are going to a place where people have viruses that can be spread through touching. They have no consideration for the patient when they request an aide they are comfortable with to stay working with them. The agency is very biased and only look out for their own kind. Multiple times my pay has been cut short to avoid over time pay or to keep my hours at 20 or below
Pros
Cons
Late pay, rediculous amount of hours needed to get benefits, pto paid out every 3 months, no vacation pay, no paid time off, inconsiderate coordinators
hha is not for everyone but if you can do it then this is not a bad company to join
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 26, 2017
if this is what you like to do than this is for you the company itself was good they have benefits not the best but they do try to offer you something. the schedule is basically whatever they have but you do have the opportunity to deny an offer. they try to work with you and if you are a good worker they will try to give you something that works for you.
Positive place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJune 3, 2017
Christian employer. Competitive wages. Benefits for full-time employees. Flexible hours and lots of support from the management regarding clients and work environment.
Good
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 30, 2017
Good company! They are kind , you always gonna have jobs with them. A nice place to work also is one of the big agencies in New York City. I really recommend to the aides.
bad communication
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
You have to have too many clients to consider it a full time job. It makes it a little hard to give care to a new stranger every week. In order to properly care for someone you should be able to get to know them.
Horrible work environment
Booking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 26, 2017
The company has wonderful emplyees but management isn't the best a lot can be improved in the company although it has been said changes are being made so far it's not for the better
No Advancement
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 25, 2017
This job is okay but there is no room for growth. Then when you call to try to speak to someone of course they are very rude. They can also be very inconsiderate.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no overtime and the pay is horrible
Home Health Care Agency
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 12, 2017
Great Hours, Staff are very kindly and work well with the home health aides to provide service to the elderly, sick, disabled including children. Great pay.
Pros
long hours, good pay
Cons
short breaks, weekends a must
Ok
HHA (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
Some case managers are very rude and don't like to answer your call when they notice who you are... they avoid you when they know you having issues with your case
Place when you meet new people
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Meeting new people I like to do and assisting elder people is good but the staff there are not nice there is lack of communication and they don't know how to talk to the staff we are the people that are out there working with the senior not you
Interesting workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYDecember 27, 2016
-flexible hours
-dealing with different types of people
-learned to be very patient
-most enjoyable part of the job is completing my tasks in a timely fashion
-hardest part of the job is getting through to coordinator via telephone
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allen Health Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7