Allen ISD Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed teaching and learning with high school students. The teachers lounges are comfortable for lunch and free periods.
Substitue Teacher (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 1, 2014
As a substitute teacher you can have as many assignment as possible. I enjoyed every grade I substituted. The students were mostly respectful. Six graders and middle school were the only areas I experience some challenges with student, however, non of them resulted the involvement of another authority.
Pros
the retirement program extended to substitute teachers is a great idea, and the teachers appreciate lunches provided by parents were awesome.
Cons
salary per assignment not sufficient, and no health insurance for substitute teachers then.
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 12, 2012
A day at work involves coming and preparing food for the kids in school, cleaning up, serving food, and then cleaning dishes. I learned patience from how the food cooked to the kids in line. Management was ok, but you could tell they were not happy to be there. My co-workers were the same, but you met some great people working in the schools. The hardest part of my job was learning all the food safety drills, but once learned easily remembered. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the kids in line with smiles on their faces.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very short breaks
Great people to work with in a fast paced environment
Student Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 4, 2014
Everything was organized, clean and labeled for an easy productive day. I've learned how to enjoy the company around me and still multitask. Management was wonderful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was servicing high school students' needs, but the most satisfying part of the job was knowing I got the job done.
Good job if you never have a parent complain about you.
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 1, 2014
I had no problems at this district for two years, then had a parent complain, and administration harassed me until I left. This happened to another teacher the year before. It could be a great place to work, as long as long as you never step a toe out of line and never make it too hard for kids to pass. I should also mention that you can step a toe out of line all you want as long as it's not parents complaining (as a teacher who was repeatedly reported for sexist comments but is still there after 12 years could tell you). I know teachers who've been there for years and are quite happy, but know just as many who've gone through what I did. Administrators will ALWAYS back the parents. I had to do so many things that I swore I'd never do to keep them off my back that I found myself miserable and burnt out. I felt I was doing more of a disservice to the kids than anything, but it was the only way for me to stay sane.
Pros
great coworkers, good resources for teachers and students
Cons
draining, stressful, can make you miserable
I was a temp and worked in all the schools
Food Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Management made work fun to come to every day. This job is keeps you working all day long at the high school. Co-workers were very helpful when you had a question.
Pros
able to be off work when kids out of school
Allen ISD
Lead District IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 20, 2015
Great school district with great employees and educational ratings. Great place to work.
Quality environment with clean schools and leading edge mentality.
Fun place to be
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 9, 2014
Working with special needs students taught me a lot. Patience is definitely needed. Otherwise you are in a world of trouble. Aside from all that working with the kids was a great experience and not just those kids seeing all the other kids in different grade levels you start to develop a relationship with them all. Overall i would give it a 7 out of 10
Awesome school district to work for!
1st grade teacher (Former Employee) –  AllenJuly 12, 2012
The best part of the job was that I was teaching a school that my sister went to. Allen ISD is a great district. I graduated from there and knew I wanted to teach there.
A wonderful place to work. Students come first!
Budget Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allen, TexasJune 23, 2014
A wonderful place to work. Students are first priority as it should be.
Educational
Assisting teachers (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 22, 2013
Assisting special needs children in a classroom. The hardest part was getting attached to the children.

4.3