Allergan Employee Reviews

Fortune 500
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MidwestSeptember 9, 2016
selling devices, aesthetics and pharmaceuticals for a top notch fortune 500 leader. innovative and growth pharma on the frontier. Selling to physicians, hospitals and group purchasing organizations and having the ability to negotiate contracts is a must. you need to be driven and a leader. Management qualities
Pros
health insurance
Cons
low starting salary for new hires
Strong and Professional
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 8, 2016
Allergan has been one of the most professional companies I have worked for. The core values that management along with it's peers has made coming to work a delight.
Excellent Company
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 29, 2016
Allergan is a forward thinking company that considers its employees as an asset to its success. Great management teams and benefits. A global technology leader and is on the cutting edge of science and technology. They have great benefits and a strong team environment.
Pros
Considers its employees as a key to their success
Cons
Merger and acquistions in the industry
Anda managers promised a lot, but way underdelivered.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 28, 2016
I took a pay cut since I heard how great Anda was. Their bonus structure is horrible. Barely make any money, and can't even keep up with bills. DON'T LIE TO PEOPLE JUST TO GET THEM TO ACCEPT A POSITION.
wasn't good.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 27, 2016
I was a former temporary associate working with the company and they only hire but kissers. I worked for them for two years and never got hired on. I was repeatively passed up by people who were there for three days ind i wad there way longer than them...
Pros
Cons
favoritism
Working solo or working with a partner was always a plus.
Filling Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 24, 2016
I was given opportunities to learn different trades. I worked with different people. I enjoyed getting to know about different departments. My supervisor was always there if I had any questions and gave positive feedback and constructive criticism.
Pros
Company parties, rewards etc. for being valued employees. Great Benefits and pay. Having every other weekend off.
Cons
Short breaks
overview
Senior Specialty Representative, Eye Care (Former Employee) –  Southeast regionalAugust 23, 2016
the territories are quite large and the training was excellent. the expectations for new employees is vast given the geography of the territory. good management and coworker. the hardes part of the job is the size of the territories.
Productive and fast paced atmosphere
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
Allergan is an awesome company to work for. You get surprise rewards and days off. Our Sr. Site Director has an open door policy. She listens and is really great. The company is understanding to life events and changes. We have a Monday thru Friday schedule only and get all respected holidays off with pay. You couldn't ask for more than that.
Pros
Great benefits and many vacation hours
Cons
lunches and breaks rotate daily
good
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 18, 2016
we apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of health care products. Our global portfolio includes medicines and vaccines as well as many of the world's best-known consumer health care products. Every day
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Illinois/WisconsinAugust 15, 2016
Good culture with good leadership. Work life balance is not as good. Hard working people with a good compensation package. The opportunity for advancement is good since there are many divisions.
Dedicated to advancing treatment of Eye Disease
Executive Specialty Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Memphis TN AreaAugust 13, 2016
Dedicated to advancing treatment of Eye Disease.
Extremely Pofessionalatmosphere, Loyal, Great company culture.
Tremendous pipeline, with true advancements/first in class/first ever treatments.
Specialty Sales- where Pharma reps are truly consultants.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Managed Care acces
A good start
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 4, 2016
I am grateful for the years at KMGL for teaching me how to be a hungry salesperson working for 100% commission. My co-workers were fantastic and helped me to further grow in sales. However, it is difficult to endorse a company that gives so little support and compensation to their sales staff.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
poor healthcare. 100% commision.
Great company with lots of diversification
Clinical Research Project Lead, Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 26, 2016
I wealth of information and outstanding Sponsor for clinical trials. All levels of clinical research professionals working in collaboration was a unique experience.
Was better when it was Forest Labs
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2016
Allergan is the result of mergers and acquisitions and as such comes changes and job uncertainty. As with all changes come some good management and some arrogant management, with the latter a reason for good people not to stay. When you hear the peers of the bad manager even criticizes them it make you wonder why they are kept on in the first place.
Pros
Work/life balance good, good salary and benefits, great co-workers, career growth (if you survive the layoffs)
Cons
Job security, some really bad managers, constant mergers puts demands on current employees, too many after hours emails
Great company to work for
Medical Science Liaison, Infectious Diseases (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2016
Very happy to work here as it is a profitable company who values its employee's opinions and welcomes new talent on a regular basis. Excellent products to work with as well!
Growth Pharma enviroment
Executive Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 18, 2016
It is a growth driven culture from a marketing and sales perspective. I worked there for over 21 years and had a terrific opportunity to grow and learn
great teamwork environment.
Medical Science Liaison (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2016
Great teamwork environment. manageable travel requirements. Supervisors encourage autonomy.
Excellent training for me as a new position in the role of MSL in a new division.
Excellent small immediate team with great extensions.
Hardest part of the job was back to back conferences is multiple cities.
Best part of the job fostered independence with weekly conferences with supervisor.
Pros
travel, car, computer, cell phone, pad, great benefits
Cons
some long term back to back conferences
Very productive company with a high level of GMP and GLP requirment
Scientist IV, Allergan (Forest Laboratories, Inc.) (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 13, 2016
This is review for the Allergan/Actavis (former Forest Laboratory, Inc.):
Really fancy, high research culture, very productive and very good managed company. Very good team worked lab with very good relationship between workers and management.
Direct following all FDA guidelines (cGMP, GLP).
Pros
High level of automation and equipment set.
Cons
Too far from home
compitative
service now developer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 12, 2016
i have a good knowledge in information technology and software development with a strong focus on creativity and problem solving. To find a position that is challenging , rewarding and provides an opportunity to expand my knowledge. i am good to getting things very fast done with perfection.Also, i believe that i need one good opportunity. If given one i would prove to be efficient and beneficial to my organization.
over all ok but expected more
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 28, 2016
work was stressful long hours with no appreciation for employees hostile management rude and not caring of employees feelings coworkers were pleasant but also alot of drama and favoritism. the hardest part of the job was the lack of respect
Cons
management discourtecy