Allergan Employee Reviews

productive fun work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTDecember 17, 2016
Really great company, everybody relax and laid back and fun environment and easy work. It's really safe, security on site. Many opportunity and plenty room for growth.
Excellent.
Chemist III (Lab. Operation) (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 11, 2016
Working with people is fun and source of learning in various field. As a pharmaceutical company Allergan is excellent place to work. Lots of opportunity to move up.
Awesome Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 29, 2016
Great company and products, loved my manager and working for allergan, comp was great and company is growing. highly recommended for sales professionals
Changing corporate culture due to mergers and acquisitions.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 3, 2016
Allergan is a strong company that has always had a great culture. The work/life balance is good. The benefits and good, but have been slipping over the last few years. Following the merger with Actavis, the company has been overly focused on mergers and acquisitions and less concerned about research and growing existing product lines.
Pros
Good benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Senior management focused on M & A.
A great Orange County company
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 31, 2016
Allergan is a nice company to work for that offers many opportunities with great benefits. The Orange County campus has amazing talent. Work hours are flexible for most positions.
Pros
Allergan is a wonderful place to work.
Cons
Allergan was acquired by Actavis in late 2014 which caused employee layoffs
Great benefits with decent shifts
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 23, 2016
As far as warehouses are concerned, this was a laid back place to work but we also took our jobs very seriously. Management was great and co-workers worked hard.

I worked there for over 5 years before the location shut down due to lack of work, combined with other reasons.

I really did enjoy the responsibility that the job required.
Benefits
Cons
Warehouse shutdown
Excellent experience
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work with Allergan varied. I held lunches most days with doctors and staff of the clinic. I learned to be patient and how to make someone's day better. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes the doctors would be extremely busy and not have time to visit with me and go over the products I was representing. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and building strong relationships.
Pros
free lunches, car, gas
Cons
hardly any breaks
Fun workplace with basktetball court, company gym and Yoga classes.
Labeling & Packaging Designer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 15, 2016
Good place to work. Positive and friendly atmosphere. Can play basketball at lunch or go to the company cafeteria. Free gym for Allergan employees and secure parking with several ports for electric cars.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, great benefits.
Cons
Too far to drive from L.A.
Good Place
Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2016
I worked in records retention and was a temp employee. My duties were limited and direction was given to permanent employees. Good paying job to have and many options to move around the company.
Restructuring Was not their Strenth.
Institutional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2016
After the Actavis merger and Allergan purchase, there was a rapid change in management ( three managers in three years) that created a very challenging and strange work enviroment.
Pros
Great Salary & Benefits
Cons
Too much management change and turnover.
Uneasy feeling, lack of leadership and absolutely no consistency
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2016
It's awful to see and hear from others how poor or non existent the culture is at this place. Management (including Jr/Sr/Executive) is so poor due to the fact the CO only wants to save a buck by putting inexperienced and bewildered people in place just to follow orders like clowns and repeat their superiors like parrots. It's a good place to stay away from!
Pros
all the pros are gone, like all the good people.
Cons
leadership (if you can call it that) and toxic culture
Specialty divisions are top rated
Professional Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 6, 2016
Womens Health Division. Central/West region is an incredible place to work. Experienced management with great opportunity. Best place to be at Allergan besides Dermatology/Facial division.
Nimble Corporation
Records Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 16, 2016
My experience as a Records Management Associate at Allergan has cultivated in me imperative skills and instilled specific knowledge sure to help me succeed in all my endeavors.
Fortune 500
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MidwestSeptember 9, 2016
selling devices, aesthetics and pharmaceuticals for a top notch fortune 500 leader. innovative and growth pharma on the frontier. Selling to physicians, hospitals and group purchasing organizations and having the ability to negotiate contracts is a must. you need to be driven and a leader. Management qualities
Pros
health insurance
Cons
low starting salary for new hires
Strong and Professional
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 8, 2016
Allergan has been one of the most professional companies I have worked for. The core values that management along with it's peers has made coming to work a delight.
Excellent Company
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 29, 2016
Allergan is a forward thinking company that considers its employees as an asset to its success. Great management teams and benefits. A global technology leader and is on the cutting edge of science and technology. They have great benefits and a strong team environment.
Pros
Considers its employees as a key to their success
Cons
Merger and acquistions in the industry
Anda managers promised a lot, but way underdelivered.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 28, 2016
I took a pay cut since I heard how great Anda was. Their bonus structure is horrible. Barely make any money, and can't even keep up with bills. DON'T LIE TO PEOPLE JUST TO GET THEM TO ACCEPT A POSITION.
wasn't good.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 27, 2016
I was a former temporary associate working with the company and they only hire but kissers. I worked for them for two years and never got hired on. I was repeatively passed up by people who were there for three days ind i wad there way longer than them...
Pros
Cons
favoritism
Working solo or working with a partner was always a plus.
Filling Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 24, 2016
I was given opportunities to learn different trades. I worked with different people. I enjoyed getting to know about different departments. My supervisor was always there if I had any questions and gave positive feedback and constructive criticism.
Pros
Company parties, rewards etc. for being valued employees. Great Benefits and pay. Having every other weekend off.
Cons
Short breaks
overview
Senior Specialty Representative, Eye Care (Former Employee) –  Southeast regionalAugust 23, 2016
the territories are quite large and the training was excellent. the expectations for new employees is vast given the geography of the territory. good management and coworker. the hardes part of the job is the size of the territories.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allergan. Our community is ready to answer.