Allergan Employee Reviews in United States

Great Learning Experience
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 10, 2016
Throughout my working experience here, I was given the opportunity to work with efficient teams and, thus, expanding my knowledge on fields related to my job.
Pros
Great Company
Great working environment.
Contract Scientist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 21, 2016
Great working environment. Really good people who act very professional. The only problem is that most of the jobs available are only contigient so the only benefits are what you get from the temp agency.
Productive place to work, enjoyed management.
Inspector` (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 13, 2016
Learned how to work productively with others. Enjoyed meeting new people and management.
The job wasn't hard, very pleasant place to work.
Good Job
Professional Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TXApril 10, 2016
Good leadership and co workers, also great benefits and time off. Also, great job to help start a career in pharmaceuticals.
Fast paced work place with job security
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 8, 2016
A tyical day at work begins with assessment of what previous shift had done and what is priority at the moment according to management business interest for the day.
Team work are highly examplify in the way the process is arranged. No one person can run the process from start to finish. You need one or two people to verify part of the work you have done.
The hardest part of the job is that some of the equipment in use is highly complex.
Whenever target is met brings moment of celebration. This is my joyous moment.
Pros
Good insurance benefits
Cons
shift differntial is good
Manager (Former Employee) –  CAApril 5, 2016
I have worked for the "old" Allergan before it got acquired by Actavis, who adopted Allergan's name.
Initiative, collaboration and focus on results were traits rewarded by the organization, which had many talented people and competitive pay.
Fun place to work with ping pong table
Maintained leadership role as a lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be standard for a customer service rep job. Logging in, tracking the previous days emails and getting on the phones. What I learned is how to lead new trainees onboarding through teaching how to streamline the call process. Management was ok but more of a playful setting than goal oriented which is fine but the accountability was still there. There weren't coachings and when there was it was mainly personal stories back and forth. The hardest part of the job was trying to move around in departments. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.
Pros
cool office, easy going management
Cons
no info going to the reps about upcoming changes. no explanations available.
Great Place to work at
EH&S Sustainability & Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ and Parsippany, NJMarch 23, 2016
Everyone at both the corporate and local site is friendly and willing to help. They are all very knowledgeable and dedicate themselves toward growing themselves and those around them to be better.
Below is a review of my experience at Allergan.
Senior Neuroscience Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2016
Allergan is a terrific company with regards to the neuroscience division. Botox is a tremendous product for their therapeutic indications, more specifically Chronic Migraine. The direction of the company has become much more focused over the last 15 years. Allergan is a wonderful company to work for, where I have developed great relations with many individuals.

Calling on key injectors in multiple cities. The expectations from Allergan management is 6.5 call per day, which I exceeded.

I learned how to evaluate situations which included; Sales data, understanding the color profiles of each office to effectively communicate with specific offices/individuals and forecasting sales results.
My co-workers have been wonderful. I have developed many lasting relationships with many individuals.
The most difficult part of the job is at times, excessive administrative work with a short turnaround.
I enjoy selling Botox because of the benefits to patients, and listening to patients who rave about life changing results based on their therapy
Pros
Solid company with great focus. Company car.
Cons
Reactive administrative reports with short turnaround (end of business), while navigating appointments that were set up in advance.
good place
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYMarch 15, 2016
great company to be a part of good corporate culture. Pod system was a bit frustrating but it worked with the right leadership like in my personal experince with the company.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
Highly dynamic environment with high quality people
Senior Manager, IT Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 14, 2016
The majority of my career was with Forest Laboratories prior to the Allergan acquisition. Forest was a family oriented environment where management and employees worked hard and cooperatively to ensure the highest quality work was achieved. I am proud to say I had a successful 16 year career with this company until the acquisition, which resulted in the elimination of my department as well as all its employees.
It's an amazing place to work
OPEX - Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fajardo Municipio, PRMarch 7, 2016
It's an amazing place to work. The environment of this place is so great, the people are so humble. As any place, the work is under pressure but the people are really helpfull and that doing the work more relax. It's an excellent company.
Good place to work if your in the right division
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 7, 2016
Great place to work if you are in the right division. Good people and managers. Lots of business development training. Learned alot
Allergan is a very effective and well-managed company.
Computer Systems Validation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJMarch 1, 2016
Allergan is a very productive and innivative company with exceptionally employee-friendly workplace environment. It offer a flexible work schedule and remote work.
allergan
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXFebruary 29, 2016
It is a good job with good benefits and other job opportunities. The Supervisors are very respectable and understanding toward co workers
Review Summary
Sales Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 28, 2016
Very good company to work for business savy co-workers with a self-motivated attitude. The department I worked in had a very diverse background and the department was very different because this department did several different tasks to support the sales force.
Wonderful experience with this company overall.
Operations (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 26, 2016
The people I work with throughout the US and even globally have been a real pleasure. People are responsive and it's been a real team effort that's really hard to find these days.

My only complaint is that the company is changing rapidly and there's really not a feeling of stability. The buying and selling of assets is constant and at the highest level everyone else is just a number. Once you get down to the director level and below it's the greatest of experiences, but the CEO only has corporate interests in mind.

You can be relocated and happy you survived the most recent merger and then let go six months later in the next deal of a lifetime.
Pros
Benefits and the working class is top notch.
Cons
CEO really doesn't care about the worker bees. It's all about the investors and board of directors.
Great employer and employee benefits.
MRF Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 23, 2016
Fast paced environment.
Learned and trained at numerous department including granulation, milling, blending, compression, encapsulation, central weighing, and Modified Release Facility.
Very supportive and solid management.
Working with knowledgeable and professional staff.
Hardest part of job, well.. being forced to work schedules that is going to disrupt the entire schedules of my family members.
Most enjoyable part of job, ... everyday.
productiv and fun work place
Clinical SAS programmer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 17, 2016
good work environment . good time to work with Allergan.
managed team of members in the company . fun place to work.
supportive place to work .
n/a
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 16, 2016
Great job. Great training and opportunity for advancement. Good products to sell with a solid pipeline. Good culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allergan. Our community is ready to answer.