Alliance Building Services Employee Reviews

Phony!!! The management team are bunch of fake phony people!!!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
They did the Bait and Switch on me when I was hired. Told me I was hired to do a certain job and had me do something completely different once I started. I don't recommend working for this company at all. Too much micromanaging and pettiness.

Don't do it to yourself!! Find a better work environment!!
Pros
Free Bagel Fridays
Cons
Everything else about the company...
It’s a safe environment and good people to be around
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
The work place is safe and good to be around . I learned a lot from that before business. For an example, come early to work and good things can happen to you. A typical day of work is good environment
Fun work place
First Quality Maintanece (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working there the days that I did I wish I can get this job back this job showed me some much different things and buildings cleaning commercial buildings is what I love to do
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great work environment and team!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
I recently became employed at Alliance Building Services and every day has been great! The environment is productive and keeps me motivated to perform my responsibilities. Every employee I have met has been friendly and welcoming. All have gone out of their way to assist me any way they can.

I would highly recommend working here!
Pros
Friendly productive work environment.
Cons
No Tuition Reimbursement
enjoyed every day working w/alliance
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  318 w. 39th st, new york, ny 10018June 20, 2017
enjoyed every day working w/alliance building svcs; management/staff were a pleasure to work with and it gave me the experience and opportunity to meet new people.
Brightstar messenger is the worst company
Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
I have worked for this company for 8 years I have seen the dirt this company do to its employees. This company need to be shut down low pay and ghetto environment. So not work for this company
Cons
Disgusting company
Fast Paced
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2017
If you like a fast paced work environment this job will be perfect. Yours tasks are picking up the trash, cleaning kitchen, mopping the floors and vacuuming.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Schedule
good company
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
worked independently or in a tem situation and general maintenance and repair od corporate rooms and equipment prepared cleaning solution according to specifications
Pros
traveled around new york
Not good company 4 long term if you are unioned.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2016
Worked 28yrs as a Janitor with good pay until I came to this company. Work schedule was concrete.
Management was not intouch with the workers, and wasn't aware of the work ethics from a front view only through Supervisors. Union rules are not regulated, no security for your job after years of labor with this company, This company sees it as a way to age you out, for newly hire for less wages, so working for this company along time is not worth it beause once you build a deceit pay they're going to want you out. Management pays people to answer phones but these people are unprofessional, calls go unanswered or put on long periods of hold. Overall the business is disconnected and some aren't business oriented, unprofessional and don't care about the laborers.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Unprofessionalism and not regulating Union rules.
Horrible, unorganized place to work
supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
Alliance is one of the most unorganized, mismanaged, soul draining places a person can work. Upper management (VP, account executives) are completely disconnected from what's happening in the trenches and don't seem to care to find out. Communication is sorely lacking and avoidable, yet costly mistakes are made daily. Morale is in the toilet and most people are looking for a way out.
Pros
Cons
Low morale, disconnected management, low pay, no communication
Don't believe them
Acting liaison between employees and labor unions (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 9, 2015
Low pay long hours no organization within Management...

High turn over, no 401K match. Complete division between the ranks
Pros
Free Bagels on Friday
Cons
No 401K Match Out of touch Management
Productive and Fun
Operations Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Very comfortable, Productive and Fun work place. Everyone is very helpful and a pleasure to work with. They are definitely not all about about numbers but also about grow and development for each individual.
From the frying pan into the fire
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 7, 2015
As a whole, the company is small. The president is a fantastic individual, but I believe he is so disconnected from some of the other corporate leadership.

The VP for the security group is a micro-manager, and creates an atmosphere similar to that of a snake pit. Mid-level client service management is not empowered to do anything, so essentially you're an over priced messenger, carrying complaints back to the corporate office and hoping you can get things sorted out through their over complicated bureaucracy.

There is a decent life balance as an account manager because essentially you are required to be out in the field. If you are proactive, you can get your work done while still taking an extended lunch, running to the bank etc.

Steer clear of this place, the pay is pretty good, but there is a lot of sacrifice in my opinion.
Pros
Flexibility, salary
Cons
Disconnected management, poor feedback and development.
Place has a lot of favortism
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Initially the office seems warm, and inviting. After 3-4 moths if not sooner you'll see the other side of a few managers.
some great people, unorganized
n/a (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2015
smaller company, not well managed on all levels but President is a great guy. Micromanaged by some, behind on technology
good place to work
Full time swing shift custodian (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 3, 2015
Great workers, take care of employees and compensate accordingly with labor.No complaints. I enjoy working with everyone.
very productive work place.
Receptionist / Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2015
overall this is a good place to work. Not to much stress. I like the change from retail to office work. I get to use my other skills, such as my computer skills
Pros
Very clean and quiet work environment
Cons
not enought interaction with my co workers
Great Work Environment
Administrative Assistant of Cleaning Operations (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Working with Alliance has been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. Over all it's a great company!
Pros
Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals.
Cons
Health Care
Professional environment with postitive supporting co-workers
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 13, 2014
A typical day of work involves completing any open projects or projects of high importance first. Any other work is prioritized upon completion date and organized to reach that goal. I interact and work with my immediate Director daily to ensure the quality of my work. My fellow co-workers and I are very close and help each other manage our time and complete tasks. The hardest part of the job is the workload itself, however, time management and the department work together to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my co-workers every day since we have all become very friendly and carry our work relationships out of the office.
Pros
Job security and advancement
cheap company
SU]ERVISOR (Former Employee) –  QUEENSJune 10, 2014
worked for them at a major ballpark and they are so cheap work long hours with very little pay

Comment – August 25, 2014

worked for them at citifield and you are right about how cheap the company is. The supervisor come and go there because nobody wants to work long hours for little amount of pay they give you.