Alliance Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Co-workers are amazing and very helpful
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJanuary 19, 2016
I worked at alliance for a short time, but for my time there here's the impression I got. All the clinical techs and the nurses were awesome and very helpful and management is great as long as you're picking up shifts, but the bad outweighs the good. When my uncle died I missed two FIM classes and when I talked to the nurse director she basically told me to get passed and make sure I'm at the next class. Then we lost one aide on the rehab unit and they wanted me to cover both days and afternoon shifts well I had a second job and that same director told me work around what they schedule me (which was more afternoons then days) because I worked there first and I'm more obligated to them (ACH), so I put in my resignation and they told the HR director to a new job that I applied for that they fired me! Like seriously? The management is definitely a piece of work but they pay great so....
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
The management.
I loved working for ACH
Patient Registration under Director Renee Thomas (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHOctober 30, 2015
I loved working for this community hospital because it gave me the opportunity to help and care for people in the area I resided in and also gave me great potential for growth.
Pros
Great people, Great Benefits
Cons
Bad economy in this area which influenced the capacity for employment.
Plane tree facility
SURGERY SCHEDULER /COORDINATOR OF BENIFITS (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHMarch 15, 2016
Schedule surgeries, organize surgeons block time, set up clearance appts, set up pre-testing appt.S. Get authorizations. I have learned to be very organized. Management is mostly the physicians that I work with and they are great. I have a great working relationship with my co-workers dong things together outside of work many times. The hardest part of my job is working with other departments in the hospital and them not understanding your work ethic and need for things to be done in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part is working closely with surgeons and the patients to get the best outcome from there procedures.
Pros
CAFATERIA ON PREMISES
Cons
HEALTHCARE SHOULD BE BETTER FOR A MEDICAL FACILITY
Fairly decent employment
Medical Records Transcriptionist/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 9, 2015
Supervisor was flexible with schedules. Decent benefits of vac/ph/sick time. Top-heavy on management. Years of dedication does not always matter.
Pros
Fairly flexible schedule
Cons
Planetree
Close knit departments!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMay 23, 2016
At this hospital, I transformed from a dishwasher into a cook. I had so many great opportunities here, and I took full advantage of them! My supervisors were amazing, they really understood how to treat the colleagues. And the colleagues themselves were amazing. When I left my career at this hospital, the ladies in my department treated me as if I were family - making sure I had everything I would need to make the trip away from home. My heart broke to leave this hospital and to leave all the relationships I acquired along my ten year tenure.
There were busy moments in my position that had high stress levels, but every job has those moments. My department did so many cool things for the other staff and all the visitors and residents and patients, I found myself excited to go to work.
The hardest part of the job was leaving. Seriously. I loved my time at this hospital as a cook, and I will always remember the ladies and the supervisors and the director of my department and consider this one of the best places I've ever worked.
Pros
Relationships with colleagues, amazing health benefits, opportunity to grow
Cons
High stress
Friendly and caring coworkers,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 28, 2015
It is like a small town where most people that you come into contact with every day know you, say "hi". Even those in other departments, but whom you may pass in the halls, smile or say "hello" The people genuinely care, for the most part. The staff of my unit get along fairly well.
Pros
Free meals at holidays
Cons
Politics
A good place
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHioDecember 30, 2012
I love my co-workers, and they have become close friends. I currently work part time and feel as though that makes it a little harder for me there.(less benefits and such) It is harder to be a part time employee now which is why I am searching for a new job. Over all the hospital is a good employer.
management and HR
rn (Current Employee) –  alliance, ohNovember 20, 2012
This hospital was once a very desirible employment, management is horrible, unrealistic, and bias. If your black, gay, or anything but white all American Christian don't bother with this company.
Cons
benefits, management, union...etc.
Hospital and employess very nice, helpful and welcoming
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 26, 2013
Hospital Employees seem to be overall happy. Upper management of outside hospital entities not so much.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hour instability and inconsistency
Management showed favoritism
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 4, 2015
Most enjoyable was working with people and coworkers. Hardest dealing with to much physical requirements in such a limited time I felt the a lot of harder jobs were put on me because I did 5 jobs compared to other cooks who only did 1 job.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
work duties overloaded
Bad management and bad communication
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alliance ohioApril 17, 2014
Alliance hospital pays good , management is horrible . Communication is horrible . Not enough on the job training .
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management and communication inconsistent hours
Productive workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Alliance,OhioDecember 14, 2012
A typical day at work consists of serving breakfast and lunch for patients, collecting and delivering trays, washing dishes, and putting dishes away. My co-workers are wonderful people. We have a great deal of teamwork in our department. The hardest part of the job would be making sure everything gets done without forgetting something. Some days we have to work short because of a call-off and then work gets divided amongst us and its hard to make sure all of the normal work is done plus someone elses job as well.
Excellent workplace, enjoyed my 20 years, good salary, new facility
Histologist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMay 14, 2012
I enjoyed my 20 years at Alliance. New facility with mostly new equipment. Very nice co-workers and management. Friendly atmosphere.
A nice place to work
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 27, 2012
I love helping people. I am looking to further my education and to have a change in my career.
productive workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHJuly 15, 2014
hard working, very intelligent coworkers
management is easy to get along with
small facility, not too busy
Schedual flexibility, coworkers
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  OHJuly 24, 2012
Alliance Community Hospital is a good place to work. I spent a number of years employed there and would probably still be there if I had not decided to pursue my degree.
Pros
higher wage then most in the area
Cons
short staffing
Great People, but a lacking business
Student Nurse Intern (Current Employee) –  FloatAugust 12, 2014
The people and co-workers are great, but the establishment is a weak business which is constantly making large changes and then changing the changes just made. Great hospital, beautiful building but bad business.
Its a good place to work at.
Material Management (Current Employee) –  Alliance,OHApril 10, 2014
I've been there for so long, everyday is a different day.
Never the same, something always new.

You meet all kinds of people that's is probably the best part about the job. I enjoy helping others and putting smiles on others faces.
A great work enviorment
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  LabMarch 19, 2014
Small hospital with a forward thinking feel, Alliance Community Hospital combines the best of patient care with a comfortable environment making the patient feel their at home rather than in a hospital.
An ever changing environment of improvements
Lab Assistant/Secretary/Pathology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMay 1, 2012
With the implementation of Planetree the atmosphere and attitude is a positive change for all.

Alliance Community Hospital Reviews by Location