Alliance Credit Union Employee Reviews

some company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jennings, MOAugust 18, 2016
well first the only thing great about this company is being able to go home and get a tiny check. the management is horrible but the workers are great...some are at least. the higher management changed rules so much that they forget the rules their self. The Jennings location is the step child in the company. If something is going wrong and its only happening at that location then its not a problem. They are really cheap and never want to hold any events in North County. The higher management will bs their way around the problems within the company. The teller turn over rate is so horrible there. They hire any and everybody just to hurry and fill the positions. They made a new teller that has no experience open a teller drawer within 2 weeks of her starting with no one watching her. They make you work in the dark if the electricity is out. The Jennings location has a guard on duty but most of the guards never really pay attention to anything. Just hit the back space button and find better
Pros
a check and benefits
Cons
management
Excellent Work Environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 13, 2016
There are many companies who brag about their ability to promote from within, but I've seen first-hand just how true it is at Alliance. At each location, there is at least one (and typically more than one) example of an employee who is in their current role as a result of an internal transfer or promotion. The job can be stressful at times, but it's rewarding at the end of the day.

Credit unions are a not-for-profit financial cooperative. We offer a great starting pay for entry level positions and are constantly reviewing salary surveys to keep us competitive with our peers. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan to qualified employees, including a generous match on our 401K for all employees!

Alliance will ask a lot of their employees, and numerous staff within the credit union wear multiple hats. But if you enjoy working for a company where the work you do truly matters, Alliance is the place for you!
Pros
Great benefits, promotional opportunities, paid holidays, generous PTO
I enjoyed working with the staff at my branch.
Teller/FSR (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 29, 2016
I learned a lot about banking but the employer was not flexible with scheduling for school and didn't seem to be interested in employees improvement.I really enjoyed my years here and wouldn't trade it for any other employment experience but I personally wouldn't return to this company for work.
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 23, 2016
Alliance Credit Union (St. Louis) is a great place to work, it is a small tight knit community and you are treated as family. From the CEO down all management staff are ingrained in the culture of "People helping people", members come first and employees a very close second. As a customer service based business we stand by our mission statement "Delivering Value and Enriching Lives" and you can see that when your walk in to our branches.
Pros
Top notch benefits and Great work life balance
Great Place to Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2016
Culture has Changed! Family Friendly Organization! Training is Outstanding! The employees are great to work with; Management are approachable and willing to see how they can resolve any issues
Pros
Employees
Worse place to work
MRM (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 4, 2015
Managers just care about themselves and sell you out the first chance they get. Pay is very very low. Benefits are ok, but literally everyone is leaving. At one point the entire mortgage department quit.
Pros
Not working there anymore
Cons
Everything they will exploit you.
Good Company to work for
Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 4, 2015
I learned a lot there. Benefits were very good. Work load was too heavy. Now they have 3 people to do all the work I did. I still think it is a great company to work for.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Workload
Worst credit union to work at
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jennings, MOJuly 26, 2015
Don't work at the north county branches if you do decide to work for alliance. They will FORCE you to work if the power is off. The doors will stay unlocked and you will be working with no light in the middle of ferguson! And if you refuse, they will threaten to fire you! 1 manager is lazy and will hide in his office when the branch starts to get busy. The other manager has been there over a year and still knows nothing. He force balances and is quick to throw you under the bus to corporate. Corporate will come and re-train him time and time again and continue to give him chances. But as soon as a teller makes the smallest mistake, they are looked down upon. There are little to no advancement opportunities and they'd rather hire someone brand new than to promote from within. The turnover rate is extremely high! Alliance only has 6 branches and everyday is unorganized and crazy. The branch manager will ask you for help because he knows nothing and then pretend to corporate that he know what he's doing. The managers and corporate not caring about your wellbeing will be the reason why most employees walk out or get fired.
Pros
1 hour lunches, benefits, clocking out, quitting
Cons
Clueless, lazy managers. Corporate as a whole.
Horrible place to work. Favortism exist in this place.
Financial Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 16, 2014
Horrible pay and there is not growth for new graduate students in this company. I would not recommend you to work here.
Cons
horribel pay and favortism from managers
Teller / Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJuly 29, 2014
Many great employees and great members. I always enjoy all the people who come into the Credit Union.

Want to know more about Alliance Credit Union?

Ask a question
BOOKKEEPER AND AP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Great place to work and great benefit as well. Co-worker and management are friendly
Great Co-Workers!
Financial Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 3, 2013
Good place to work to support your family. The Co-Workers are amazing; their like family.
Pros
the commission and health benefits.
Cons
long hours.
Member benefits were primary focus.
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 25, 2013
Alliance Credit Union was a wonderful company to work for. Unfortunately they closed several branch locations to cut expenses. I truly the enjoyed the member contact and utilizing marketing skills through community involvement to encourage growth. I thoroughly enjoyed working with area car dealers to build a successful indirect lending program.
Pros
constant contact with the public.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Allis , WIJuly 21, 2013
Opened office and prepared to serve members. I learned sales.
Helping members with all possible financial needs.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Jennings, MOFebruary 11, 2013
Delivering value thru products and service that helps to enrich the lives of members; process routine teller transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, credit card payments, loan payments; referring and opening new products that meets member’s needs; multi-tasking as needed; balance cash drawer and checks daily; problem solving; cash handling and customer service; close attention to detail; Administrative tasks such as faxing, making and receiving phone calls, filing and mailing as needed; MS office, outlook, excel, and more are used on daily basis; 10-Key; Portico operating system.
Wonderful Job LOVE IT
Call Center Representative/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 15, 2013
Great place to work. Loved management and staff. Great job overall.
Stable
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 25, 2012
This is a stable place to work. The best part about working here is the education that you receive and the ongoing training. They really invest in their employees.
Very interesting place.
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Jennings, MoFebruary 25, 2012
Not very competitive wages. Managers make up as rules as they go. Most of them are not written in the rulebook.
Pros
very nice members
Cons
moody managers

Alliance Credit Union Reviews by Location