Alliance Data - Retail Employee Reviews

Cut Throat Dog eat Dog environment
Client Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2017
Pay is great but due to the fact someone has to be a bottom 10% everyone is out to get ahead and will take you out to get there. HR always sides with the Manager even if they are wrong. Fires an employee by putting them on a PIP. Eventually the manager will be let go too.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, peers are cruel and out for themselves
Not worth your time
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2017
I was there for three weeks and was the primary associate to help solve over $175,000 in consumer fraud. Then out of no where, told to leave (as I was a temp). The next day, my initial supervisor claimed I never worked there as well as my rep from the temp agency claimed I never worked there as well. What a waste of time.
Pros
Cons
Not worth your time
Good technical people. Horrible management
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2017
Very good technical people. Management is very bad, who encourage harassment, retaliation and discrimination. People that harass others are being promoted.
Cons
harassment, retaliation, discrimination
Fun workplace to grow and thrive
Sr. Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2017
Working with Alliance Data taught many skills for your personal growth and development. It allows flexibility and a work culture to thrive the talent
Employees say good pay for the area but not worth the stress and anxiety
Collector (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 5, 2017
I've worked there for a year and a half I've had seven different supervisors the organization is based on getting more money from their customers Supervisors constantly push associates to collect more and threaten employees with termination the company says it stands for opportunity and growth I have found that the organization truly stands for age discrimination gender bias and nepotism not sure at this point how much longer I can take the negative work environment getting yelled at by customers and pressured by leadership
Pros
Insurance but is it worth it
Cons
stress stress and more stress
"best places to work"
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 3, 2016
Alliance is a stressful place to work. I honestly only stayed because of my co workers and you get 18 days paid time off per year.
Pros
paid time off 18 days a year
Cons
no flexibility in scheduling, have at least one late day
Doesn't stand behind their own policies
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 22, 2016
Requires you to take classes on their so-called ethics and zero tolerance policies, but then continues to employ unethical, unprofessional supervisors and management. Known drug users who create a hostile work environment and hire all their friends are never drug tested and never reprimanded, regardless of reports to the ethics hotline. Their business is based on getting people into more credit card debt. That's nothing to be proud of....
Pros
Karma
Cons
Hypocrisy
Good but not the best
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 1, 2016
Great place to work but the team leaders and management definitely have favorites. I was working from home and when trying to get help on a question no one at the monitor station would respond even though they say they will be there for you when needed.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Leaders and management
Associate Centric Cultire
TX (Current Employee) –  TXJuly 14, 2016
As a former member of management I can say the company definitely gets behind the associates, which means there is no support for supervisors. The managers do not want to deal with the associates and if there is a complaint about you from the associates it is taken as gospel.. You can be written up and terminated with out notice or coaching. Be very aware that the company all though well intended is not developing a responsible work force, they are are providing an unrealistic environment of games and fun which negates accountability and responsibility.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor leadership that retaliate
Favoritism and stressful
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 29, 2016
You'll meet great peers with in the company however the management is awful. There is Major favoritism from department management and little room to grown with in the company unless you are the one who is favored. There is also very little communication between leaders and half the time they don't know what they're doing. I lasted a year before I had enough. They're collections department has great bonuses but if you don't collect enough money for 3 months you're fired. It's a very stressful work place.
Confusing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 29, 2016
There is no communication on what's going on the leadership is very lacking in knowledgable and they are pretty clueless. Don't work here
Pros
Lunch
Cons
I loved the people i worked with thats all
CSR2 (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 6, 2016
I worked here for 2 years and decided too quit recently management do a poor job at managing really don't know a lot about the positions that they are in it could be a better place overall all departments pay are different I wouldn't go back of I didn't have a job
resigned
National field team Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioAugust 18, 2015
Good company overall.
Poor leadership within field team.
Five leader changes in less than 1 year
2 reorganizations
No strong department leadership after 1st 7 months
Customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
Working with customers and clients throughout each day can often lead to surprises such as angry customers or those who are entirely confused about the products and services you are representing.
Pros
free lunches
Great Culture and best place i've worked at so far in career
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2014
Alliance Data's culture is noticeable the minute you walk through the doors. After working at a major bank for 7 years i've switched to Alliance Data; the difference in culture and growth opportunities is so different I honestly should have switched a long time ago.
Pros
No bureaucracy, Great Salary