Alliance Data Employee Reviews in United States

Alliance Data has given me the experience with card services in banking.
Customer care representative credit card accounts (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 13, 2016
I work handling billing disputes and resolving account issues for customers in a banking accounting environment. I have learned the financial aspects of card services, and I am able to volunteer with the management team to support the community. My co-workers and I work in a team dynamic setting in competition with other teams in the organization. My performance ranking is at times number one out of over one hundred employees. My performance evaluations state that I am one of the top performers each month. My performance evaluations state that I do extremely well, but I always strive to over excel. I enjoy meeting new people with each encounter and I enjoy benefiting from the achieve global training program that is provided by the organization.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Limited advancement
My Day
Workflow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHApril 9, 2016
Depending on the day, various functions may apply.The associates are alert and engaging. The leadership tries to find new ways to help spread the brand while retaining productive team members.
Pros
Engaging
Cons
Limited growth, no diversity, no leadership
people
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 28, 2016
they care more about the customers than the employees. they allow the customers to speak any kind of way to the employees and there is nothing we can do but take it
Pros
money
Cons
slave to the desk
Is It Really Worth The Money?
Epsilon Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 24, 2016
The time that I have been with the company I have seen a full team leave. Management cares more about the goal than leveraging both goal and employee fairness. The hours are disturbingly long and the negative employee's morale is contagious.

This place has the potential to be great but it needs to know that management cares about its employees. Most of the employees feel undervalued, unappreciated and definitely overworked. Mainly the reason why most walk before they even have another job lined up.

This place has potential to do so much more...
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Facility
Cons
Management, Employee Treatment
Fun Place to work
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 18, 2016
This is my Home away from home it is somewhat difficult to have a life outside of the job but overall is a great place to work!
productive workplace
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 17, 2016
employees are nice management was good when I worked there
good incentives and benefits/

Hardest part of the job is calling people on the weekends to collect their past due payments
Pros
location
Cons
pay
5yr old technology stack
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2016
I was working at Alliance Data as an independent consultant.

Although work is simple, the technology stack has made it more cumbersome. Using JSF 2 and trying to create custom components to mimic angularjs, is such a over kill.
Pros
Great benefits, decent salary for the type of work
Cons
No work life balance for employees, nepotism.
alliance data
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  8035 quiviraMarch 9, 2016
Alliance data is a really good company to work for also have penty of over time and have lots of help from team leads.
hardest part is making customer happy.
secure job but work life balance not a option
QA Lead Automation (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2016
I worked at Alliance for many years and it is a great company but your work life balance is not always an option and its very intense work environment that is not always enjoyable I did however gain massive knowledge for working for this company they are top of line.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Lacks work life balance
Productive and great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2016
I oved this job and all of the opportunities there were to advance. The pay rate and benefit's were great. Also the training and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great place to work and grow
Cons
Scoring system made it hard to focus
It wasn't what they made it out to be
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 15, 2016
Loved the job itself, and co-workers, Just need to touch up on their mgmt team. The job was made out to be more than it was, I have owned my own business for over 10 yr's also worked for many call- centers and unfortunately this wasn't for me.
Pros
customers, co-workers
Cons
mgmt
Good Job
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 15, 2016
Great company to work for works with your schedule and your daily life and care about the employees. Boss is very nice they are willing to work with you through day to day initiatives to grow and build you into a better and stronger employee.
Alliance Data
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2016
I loved working at alliance data, There was some things that needed to change in order for the culture to be better. There is a metric that is used to evaluate your performance which is called Voice. Voice is the way the customer see the interaction with you. this is not a far metric because you can be outstanding on the phone but if the customer waited on the line to long that could affect your score.
Nice working area and wonderful managers I met.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2016
I was doing the coding; testing and migration for the credit cards related projects.

Happy to work there and met a lot co-worker and had wonderful time over there.

I learned a lot of project management skill; like SDM.

Management person are nice.
Customer Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 9, 2016
I worked Monday through Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 to 6 pm. My job duties were managing customer accounts for their private label credit cards. I also was required to help assist store associates with setting up new accounts and authorizing store transactions. I provided excellent customer service via phone and received multiple awards for the service I gave to customers as well as many kudos throughout the week. I developed skills to allow customers to feel appreciated and recognized as well how to follow company guidelines.
Great work/life balance
Collector (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHFebruary 2, 2016
This company really believes in taking care of their employees first. They play games, have contests, and really appreciate your time as an employee. It makes it a great atmosphere to work.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
High turnover
I liked the atmosphere created by fellow co-workers
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Since this was my first experience in a call center I learned that it is busy. The co-workers were friendly and helpful to one another.
Cons
short lunch period
Fun place to work out
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 26, 2016
I worked there for over a year. The people there were great working with and wonderful helping me out when I needed it. I would help customers with there banking financials over the phone. Great job in all
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 23, 2016
It was a great place to work overall. The experience in the trade I can take for the rest of my life. My boss was easy going and let me make my own schedule most of the time
Pros
Easy going and made my own hours
Cons
sometime we didnt have work
Best Place To Work
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work consists of:
Identifying reasons for referrals and authorize/decline purchases while interpreting customer financial profile.
On a daily basis I learned what kind of aptitude it took to balance customer and business needs while producing a positive definable moment.
Management was always helpful and willing to assist when called upon.
Most co-workers were always respectful and helpful as well
The hardest part of the job is trying to express and explain the reasons behind denials for specific credit line increases
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work as much as I wanted in an environment that was truly relaxing and comfortable
Pros
Learn Something New Everyday
Cons
NA