Alliance Data Employee Reviews

great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 12, 2017
loved working here great pay great people fun stuff to do raises meeting growth loved this job wpould love to go back understanding staff as well fav job I worked
Good place to work and advance.
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 6, 2017
Great place to learn and grow. I enjoyed my job and advanced from hourly associate to spupervisor. The company offers many opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours cut into private life
Horrible Management
Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2017
Great people, horrible management. Micro-managing, no clear team direction, condescending, thow-you-under-the-bus. 80%+ turnover rate for one team? People taking pay cuts to leave? Yes, you’ll find that here.
pay and hours
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 2, 2017
alliance data would be a great job if the pay was fair and the hours were worked with they don't work with your hours and the pay is nt fair they want you to work but not fair with the pay . And reasons for firing you is not fair either
Unfair pay, poor management, minimal room to grow.
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 1, 2017
Alliance Data represents a corporate work culture in every negative way. Management is dismissive and apathetic about career development. Salaries are unfair and raises/bonuses hard to come by.
Pros
Fun culture
Cons
No HR, unfair pay, poor management.
Best thing is the pto
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 30, 2017
Best part of working for Alliance Data was the pto. If you told the truth to customers it would be held against you. Watch out for your voice surveys as well, if you upset someone then you will be walked out the door.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Back stabbing management
Productive and fair worplace
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2017
My experience with Alliance Data was good. I worked with a great group of peers, managers, and leaders. The work was hard but rewarding.I would recommend this company to anyone that is willing to put in the effort to get the job done.
Pros
Benifits, pay, and environment
Cons
Long hours for my position.
Call Center Environement
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2017
I was employed here several years ago. Great call center environment and opportunities for growth. A typical day for me consisted in providing great customer services for residential and commercial utility accounts.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Company relocated
maybe its better now
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 24, 2017
poor management, poor communication. the regular workers were wonderful. when a company says its about the people but its really about numbers,very sad
Pros
the workers
Cons
the pay, management
Call center
Mid Range Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 20, 2017
Did not enjoy doing collections
Did not enjoy the auto dialer- cold calls customers
Had to make a schedule every week including one late night and one weekend day
Great except for two things.
Payment Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 18, 2017
I had started working at Alliance Data as a collection associate over the summer before my senior year at college. All summer they had said they could work with my school schedule and even approved my schedule shortly after starting. Once school began, they said they were unable to comply to the requested schedule, therefore I had to put in my two weeks.
Pros
Great environment, great pay, relaxing job
Cons
Work/life balance, job security
Great place to learn and move up
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 16, 2017
if I had to work for a call center, this would be my first choice. Great people and amazing opportunities to work your way up. They also offer amazing opportunities to develop your leadership skills.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
not very accomidating if you have young children and they get sick
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2017
While the culture and environment at Alliance Data are fun and easy going, the fact is that the job is stressful. Granted there are metric that must be met at every job but some make it impossible to do your job to your fullest ability
hr
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 14, 2017
Hours worked should not have anything to do with a employee if they need time off to a death in there family . I feel they were unfair to me and I was A good employee
productive workplace
Customer Retention Advocate/ Collector (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 14, 2017
A typical work day at alliance as a customer retention advocate consisted of making calls and assisting customers manage their accounts to keep them current. I learned about the inner workings of the credit card industry from the collection stand point. Management was fairly organized. The workplace culture was comfortable. The hardest part of the job was implementing an additional fee for processing payments. The most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits and opportunity for growth.
Pros
benefits. pay.
Cons
very little
Just another call center
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 13, 2017
Greedy company but treats employees willing to conform very well. Seems great at the beginning but it's only slightly better than other call centers..
Endured lots of discrimination
Lead Agent, VIP Agent, Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 13, 2017
Micromanager Travel Manager. Somethings apply to some; some to others. HR is worthless. Admins and travelers are great. Unfortunately I can not say the same about the person that oversees travel.
Great work place..voted beat place to work
Collection Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2017
Your day would start with clocking in..(computer.}.check line of work and follow work flow. You are your own boss as far ash the hours you work and how you work.
Pros
benfits and discounts and X-mas Bonus
Cons
none at this time
Do not wish to comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 10, 2017
I do not wish to comment. The company was bought out several times within my 14 year tenure. Overall the job was great. The environment could use some cleaning up though.
Unfair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2017
Company is stricked on attendance with no flexibility in scheduling being in customer care. Team mates are great to work with and with. Although I do have many Complaints with the manager overall a good company to work for