Alliance Data Employee Reviews

No room for advancing. Poor management. Great benefits and bonuses
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 8, 2017
At first I loved my job with this company. Great pay and opportunity to get off early if it was dead. But the hardest part of job became trying to make the customer happy while following the proper procedure. Procedures seem to change every few months, sometimes without you even being told about the new ones till you do something wrong and get a low score on a call from the quality team. My manager changed out of no where a year and a half after starting and we were told it was what the employees wanted. There was a revolving door of new employees starting and old ones getting fired or leaving. I was employed 2 years and only got coached maybe 4 times by my first manager. There was most definitely favoritism happening in the company and it was easy to know where you stood. You could be great at your job but it didn't mean you were gonna move up . Kiss up and maybe then you'll move up. Sucks to put it that way but its very true.
Pros
great pay, good benefits, pto
Cons
management and procedures
A lot of growth opportunitys
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 15, 2016
Typical day is coming in to work login on to your system view outlook e-mail for daily work list. Log on to phone system and make 21 calls hourly manual dial occasionally auto dial.

I have learned more how to collect money at a better rate more assertiveness also how to control call more efficiently

My co-works are grate love them all most people if you ask will help..

Hardest part of my job i would say it is to time consuming no time to really have a life outside of work. And making people pay.

The most enjoyable part is company meetings and my co-workers
Pros
Pay Rate, Personal Schedule, co workers, and resources
Cons
Job security, No communication, Management Not on the same page, no real help when needed to loud at time, and the cafe limitations and prices
Ok place if your in High School or College
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 24, 2017
The associates are not bad most not educated. The procedures that they make you follow to get a minimal monthly bonus is counter productive to what they teach you or want you to do for a great "customer experience". They make you take training on things you cant actually do for instance they say critical and flexible time off is something we offer here and here is how you use it. Then when you get on the floor or out of nesting they let you know its no longer available and you can not use it.
Pros
Culture is awesome here
Cons
system is terrible and so is the work life balance
Good as a starting point
New Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 27, 2016
As with any customer service job, those attached to ADS can be frustrating because people can be either or both uninformed and mean, both the internal customers and external clients and customers. This is a frustrating place to work for those with advanced education or skills because they do not provide a living wage in the beginning and advancement seems pegged more to loyalty to the employer than to merit. It is also difficult to believe in a place whose business model is largely dependent on selling and maintaining high-interest credit cards to customers of the clients who we partner with.

However, there is a very strong culture of caring, at least within the Westminster, CO office. They make you feel loved and like you belong. They don't ask you to do any cold calling or selling, and whether or not you agree with the business model (and as long as you aren't in collections), most of the associates really are helping people. There are also a lot of smaller things that make this a good starting point for someone's career or a GREAT second job, such as 401k matching, health benefits, and a great variety of incentives for simply being at work. This is also a good place for people whose bodies no longer allow them to do physical work or as something to supplement a retirement.
Pros
401k matching, great culture
Cons
low wages, existent but slow career progression
Productive and fun place to work.
Account Manager/Resolutions-Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2016
A typical day at work is simply being able to assist clients in the best way possible. I learned how to have patience and treat people the way I would want to be treated. Management has an open door policy and they are always willing to help you learn and grow. Alliance Data is a wonderful place to work. It is certainly a place to learn and grow. The culture of the company is awesome and growing continuously. I was happy to be a part of such an amazing place to work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customer's. The most enjoyable part of the job is opportunity for growth. I was promoted and received various raises within my first year on the job.
Benefits
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 21, 2016
GREAT benefits and advancement opportunities however you do WORK hard for each one of them. Excellent training and management environment that is conducive to success.
Terrific work environment
Training - Care Center Education & Development (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2016
Great working environment and the culture is terrific! The company provides opportunities for personal development and growth. The CEO firmly believes in the associates at all levels.
This is a special company with tremendous success!
Good company to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 22, 2017
Opportunities for advancement
Outstanding community involvement . Alliance does offer the ability to work from home. The culture is very upbeat and employees enjoy working with each other.
Pros
Flexible work schedule bonus opportunities
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks. To many changes that prevent bonus opportunities.
Great Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 28, 2016
one always looks forward to get to work, learn patience with customers.
the management team is very encouraging and gives great incentives.
hardest part of the job is unsatisfied clients over the phone
Pros
great incentives and benefits
Cons
no fixed hours
Best call center
Credit Payment Solutions (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Work life balance is encouraged. Everyone smiles there. Good salary or wages and potential bonuses. Never have had a headache working here. The executive staff are just as friendly, understanding, and just as human as the rest of us.
Great Place to work
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 31, 2017
Alliance is truly a great place to work with wonderful benefits coupled with a great culture.You always have an opportunity to grow. Alliance always focuses on how to help you grow as a leader and promote a lot within.
Another job to add on your resume
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 28, 2016
A typical day at ADS would consist of logging into your phone and starting your day by speaking to customers about a broad range of topics about their credit accounts. You could take anywhere from 60-80 calls on a typical day. I learned to just sit and be yelled at on the phone, because they teach you to satisfy the customer and if that means you being verbally attacked then so be it, from their point of view all they cared about were their customer satisfaction surveys, and if you received a bad survey, you were put on a corrective action plan, no exceptions. Management was mediocre they were not bad, but also were not that interested in helping you become successful while in your position. And they never rush to resolve issues that are important to you. The hardest part of this job, is the stress that comes with it from having to take attacks from customers and providing them what they want but still having to meet company financial and customer experience metrics. As far as the job goes I cannot say there is much of anything enjoyable about it. Co-workers are the best thing about this place. Matter of fact if it were not for my co-workers I would've left a long time ago. Overall this is just another job you can add to your resume if you are looking to add more experience onto it. Otherwise if you want stability, advancement potential, and a company that treats you as a human rather than an employee number, you may want to look elsewhere.
Pros
Compensation, co-workers, incentive, benefits
Cons
Management, company metric expectations, being on the phone
Not easy to work with, not an understanding company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTAIVE (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 13, 2016
Although there are great benefits, I feel that the training you receive is not at all what they make the job out to be. You're put on the phones all day, and when you need to you use the bathroom or anything you're penalized. In addition, schedules are changed last minute with no notice whatsoever. Almost no help from your resolution team, and other departments that are supposed to be your support system while on the floor. Definitely not a very good experience, at least in my opinion.
Pros
Benefits, subsidized lunch, PTO, some paid holidays
Cons
Management, rules & regulations, no support
My Review-Alliance Data
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 1, 2016
The company started off as great place to work, however, within the last year there have been many changes with management etc. The changes have made it a slightly stressful environment. Management does not care about the employees, only business needs. Associates should feel more valued. They offer great benefits and pay compared most call centers, but feeling valued is important to me as well.
great place to work!
CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is actually going to work and interacting with the people there. Every one is very polite and friendly. Even work meetings (which usually drag and are very boring) were informative but very fun and entertaining. They really try there best to make sure the work environment is energized and stress free. The hardest part of the job is not being drained by the constant call flow which at times can be full of unhappy customers or the occasional irate customer and just remembering that every interaction is different and the customer is expecting that you make them happy.
Pros
lunch made to order, great benefits, obtainable incentives
Voice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time but it was time to move on to further grow my career. I liked the culture but the pay was low for the market.
Fun work place lots of growth.
Incoming Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 1, 2016
Fun place to work, High call volume, GREAT benefits. Awesome advancement opportunities. They offer growth and development to learn and listen to other departments. :)
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Short breaks, High call volume
Collections (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day you will make outbound calls on collection accounts to make plans to bring the account current with a post date or same day payment.....It has the best work home balance that I have ever seen they also give you the ability to work from home.....The management is great they help you with everything that you need they are always there for you it is nothing that they would not do to help you....It is always a team first place your co-workers are great....
Pros
making your own work schdule
it was great
Customer Service Rep/Banking (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for Alliance data. The pay was excellent as well as the benefits offered by alliance really paid off. i enjoyed the culture and gained well experience working for this company.
Alliance Data
Detection Associate (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 22, 2016
Current management in Account Protection is awful but the company itself is wonderful! The culture is awesome, the company really cares about it's workers. There are so many positives to this place I don't even know where to start. I would advise you to check them out though!
Pros
Affordable Benefits
Cons
Management, ability to get time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Data. Our community is ready to answer.