Alliance Data Employee Reviews

Fast paced Call Center
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 30, 2014
Provided customers with information concerning previous transactions and payment agreements. Resolved customer complaints to 100% satisfaction resulting in customer retention. Kept record of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken. Determine customer’s ability to make current and future payments. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to the problem.
Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as action taken.
Pros
nice business work environment, cafeteria on site
Cons
benefits ok, could be better
It is relatively a good company to work for.
Security Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 13, 2012
A typical day at Alliance Data was truely professional. As long as you are on time expect to have a good day at work. I learned that there were no limits to my development in working for Alliance Data. Management for the most part were excellent, however there are some draw backs on joining the team until folks get to know you. Co-workers were grand but we all were well aware of competition. Hardest part of the job was with not knowing what the manager thought of me. There was a communication breakdown which I just tried hard to connect with. The most enjoyable part of the job was with working with end users with fixing their computers. I loved and still do like working with computers.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
team building dynamics
Not a stressful atmosphere at all.
Research Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2013
When I get to work I check for any pending payments due in the morning so these can make it to the daily deposit, then I start balancing all the accounts that I handle, review any pending special assignments and work on these.
The rest of the day is basically looking up checks to be able to find an account for customers that had sent without any information or account, which make these very hard to find, as we handle thousands of checks/accounts in a daily basis.
I enjoy working very much with my supervisor, she is very knowledgeable and fun to work with.
Pros
we get 15 minutes slips each week, if we have perfect attendance, we accumulate these to take time off.
Cons
there's no room for advancement.
productive supportive community outreach
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 18, 2013
For the most part, it was enjoyable, working with some supervisors and employees, developing verbal relationships with customer's who are pleased with the services provided and offered. Talking to hundres and maybe even thousands of individuals over time assistanting them with payments, questions they have in regards to their credit card accounts. Also helping them resolve issue to better the credit statuts. The cafeteria was very good with alot of edible choices, that were pretty tasty. Phones for us to use and computers for us to utilize on our breaks. Convenient location to get to and from work and ample oppurtunities to earn extra hours and cash and gifts
Pros
bonus, hours, location
Cons
quotas
Not your typical call-center!!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 25, 2012
Alliance is a very "professional" call-center with a higher caliber employee (as they refer to it, Associate) working there. Very friendly people and work well overall to strive towards the same mission and values.

Great on giving back to their community and the associates go above and beyond in this regard. Many managers and supervisors are either in roles beyond their scope/ability or vastly under-rated within those some roles.

Tenure is an extreme mixture of well tenured (30 yrs+ folks) and newbies (1 yr or less). Overall people come from all backgrounds.
Pros
community outreach, benefits, enivronment, location
Cons
advancement opportunity, office politics, favortism, turnover
Great culture with a multitude of resources
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2014
The responsibilities of a customer care advocate are not very different from those of a customer care associate. The main difference comes from the fact that advocates take on a greater leadership role on their respective teams and with the development of new associates.
In this position the different governmental regulations pertaining to the issuance of credit are reiterated.
The direct supervisor is very encouraging and will attempt to connect the advocate with other opportunities within the company.
The biggest challenge is the same as that faced by the customer care associate: balancing the need to satisfy customer desires and business needs
The best part about the promotion is the increased stake in the team and the development of new personnel.
Pros
greater responsibility and ability to produce results.
Cons
there are many recent high school graduates doing the same job
Best Place To Work
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work consists of:
Identifying reasons for referrals and authorize/decline purchases while interpreting customer financial profile.
On a daily basis I learned what kind of aptitude it took to balance customer and business needs while producing a positive definable moment.
Management was always helpful and willing to assist when called upon.
Most co-workers were always respectful and helpful as well
The hardest part of the job is trying to express and explain the reasons behind denials for specific credit line increases
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work as much as I wanted in an environment that was truly relaxing and comfortable
Pros
Learn Something New Everyday
Cons
NA
Job Details
Data Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 11, 2013
I take about 110 calls on a average day, increasing calls by double on hoildays and special sells. I learned that patience will take you a long way and helps build character. It has taught me better commucation skills and how to show loyalty to customer. How to give unwanted information in a positvie matter. Co-workers are happy upbeat people of course there is always a few sour apples laying around. The hardest part of the job to not take customers bad mood which is only towards the company and not make it personal. The most enjoyable part of my job is being regonzied for being great at what we do .
Absurd rating policy hurts good employees.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2013
As a manager, I am forced to assign 10% of my staff to the bottom level where they are assigned no merit increases and no bonus, even when I feel that those employees are doing a good job. This has really hurt the culture of the company as employees have told me that they are less likely to be team-players, out of the goal of avoiding being ranked in the bottom. I have a lot of difficulty telling an employee that I have given positive feedback all year that they are now in the bottom 10%, because "someone has to be".

If an employee is not performing, that's one thing. But being forced to assign good employees to the bottom is another. I am losing good people!
Pros
until the new rating policy was a fun place to work
Cons
ridiculous rating system

Comment – June 4, 2013

Thank you for your honesty. I have submitted an application for employment but after reading your review, I will be very reticent to accept a position, if offered.

Alliance data systems
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 29, 2012
Alliance Data systems is a professional call center environment. As a customer care representative a typical day at work is a 8 hour shift that consist of taking inbound calls on credit card accounts for major companies. my job consist of bringing accounts current and removing late fees.The enjoyable part of my job is exceeding costumer expectations and making them satisfied with there service. I have learned that the customer satisfaction is my number one priority. My co-workers are great people to be around. Everyone is positive to be around and willing to help one another when needed. The management i am under is professional, encouraging, and understanding to the employees needs. Alliance Data systems is a great company.
Pros
free gift cards, and free lunch
Cons
short breaks
To make sure every customer is satisfied
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 15, 2015
Taking on calls (customer) one at a time, active listening and acknowledging customer's needs, and when closing the call make sure I have taken care of their needs, enjoy conversation (engaging with customer. removing fees, Late fees, returned checks.
Management, always being there for employees. Finding out correct answers, either for you or the customer calling in.
Hardest part of job. Balancing customers needs and following procedure.
Getting along with coworkers, working together as a team. Lots of team builders. Monthly bonus.
Pros
Bonus/Had our own desk/cafateria/great benifits
Cons
working 3 saturdays in a row 1weekend off amounth
Work fast, and stay awake
Payment System Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2014
First, check the schedule of work assignment. Talk to your co-workers and just operate your machine as you process the payments. The supervisor would give out candies, if we met our quota for the day.

I worked at night, so it was difficult to stay awake at times with out proper rest. How ever with free coffee and drinks allowed at work stations was nice help.

For over twenty years at work I never was late or missed a day of work. All my appointments, doctor visits, or shopping I was free during day time.
Pros
always free coffee, had monthly pot luck meal
Cons
i better get my rest, or be dozing off.
Competative and friendly atmosphere
Co-Brand Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2012
A typical day at work would consist of logging onto my phone and my accounts to contact customers to find a reasonable solution to the situation in which they were facing. Taking the time to listen and problem solving created a bond between the customer and the bank. The hardest part of my job was to get a customer to understand that we all have been in some sort of situation and that there is always a solution to the problem. Once the customer understands and works things out, it made me feel good knowing that I helped a person and helped clear their mind.
Pros
flexible scheduling, healthcare, stability, bonuses
Cons
hard to transfer to a different department
Corperate owned credit card company
Team/Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHFebruary 19, 2014
I went in to do all vault balance and spoilage reports for credit cards. Had to maintain accuracy at any one time for over 5 million credit cards as well as lead a crew with a 3 day turn around.

I learned management at a very early age.

My co-workers were amazing with a very diverse cultures and back-rounds.

The hardest part was have my employees at 23, was having faith in me as I was only there for 9 months.

The enjoyable, was our team environment with cookouts and awards. We never let anyone or any good deed go unrecognized.
Pros
montly cookouts and awards
Cons
the job was outsourced.
Loyal programs to assist loyal customers.
Account Control Investigator (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 22, 2013
I've learned from management discipline and patience.

Typical day at work would involve opening necessary systems and start performing trend analysis on my workload. Making pro-active phone calls, sending letters to victims of potential fraud and following up on all fraud leads.

Co-workers were always happy and willing to assist at any given time.

Hardest part of the job was tracking and finding the location the fraud originated.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is doing my job and giving customer hope that they can live their life's before someone steal their personal information.
Pros
flexable work schedule
Cons
indecisive management
one of the best fortune 500 hundred companies
Customer Care Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  lenexa kansasOctober 6, 2015
a typical day included pulling up several different emails and getting caught up to speed with new system changes daily. ive learn how to become a fast learning and how to multi task on several different cpu screens. My coworkers were such a pleasure to work with , when i didnt know or was unsure they guided me in the right direction. the hardest part of the job for me was ultimately leaving the company. the enjoyable part was the staff the managers the supervisors the whole management team wanted everyone to be the best so they gave us the tools to do so.
It is a high stress job field, calling people at 8am and telling them to pay their bill.
Payment Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2015
Collecting on behind credit card payments for clothing stores believe it or not isnt peoples first priorities. Expect to get yelled at and cussed out 90% of the time. Management is very hard on you if you dont met quotas then your worthless to them. Oh yeah try convincing customers to pay over the phone with 15$ pay by phone fee. But if your good at your job they will let you advance no problem. Work hours are crazy, split shifts are mandatory.
Laid back, flexible.
Payment Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2014
Very flexible far as work schedule... management can be biased, only focused on top collectors. Hardest part of the job was dealing w/ management, if you were outspoken or truthful you were considered a problem. Co workers were like family. Your average work day consistent of making calls, & educating customer/debtor on benefits of bringing account current. Most enjoyable part of the work day was meeting or exceeding your goals, on your own, no co-worker, or managers assistance. From my experience in ANY type of collections... You can't put a lot of trust in anyone! Its a competitive job, everyone is gunning to be the best.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management
Love my dual monitors
CCA (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 21, 2013
I take a wide range of inbound calls to resolve inquiries and to educate the customer about their credit account.
Update and document account information and records.
Follow established guidelines for quality and productivity.
Authorize/decline purchases based on the customer’s financial profile.
Open new credit card accounts for eligible customers.
Create loyal customer relationships by conveying enthusiasm and dedication to each call while meeting customers’ needs in a timely manner.
I am also responsible for selling a range of valued/added products to eligible customers.
Give Web based technical assistance on setting up online accounts.
I must maintain adherence to Federal Banking Guidelines.
Do not work here!!!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioSeptember 21, 2012
A typical day is so stressful-you deal with for the most part angry and idiots on the phone plus the pressure from company to sale lousy products and services-you will lose your job if you cannot sell enough. This has happened to tons of employees. This place is like a revolving door for hiring and firing-NO JOB SECURITY!!! Management is terrible-training is terrible-equipment you work with is ancient-computer software applications constantly do not work correctly. I can honestly say working at Alliance was the most miserable job I have ever had.
Pros
co-workers great
Cons
selling