Alliance Data Employee Reviews

Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXApril 28, 2017
My very first job at a collection office was the best experience.I enjoyed talking on the phone and helping customers out as much as possible. A great place to start a long term career
Pros
Hours
Cons
Healthcare
Fun work place
Complaints management - compliance (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 27, 2017
Wonderful place, takes great care of their employees. Easy to work with management. The company works with your home life very well. Advancement is available.
All Around the GREATEST environment to be in!
Customer Retention Associate (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 27, 2017
Great supervisor encouragement. Everyone is always helpful and I mean everyone. The company is always presenting opportunities to their employees to get more money WHILE GETTING MONEY! It's primarily about how hard you are willing to work to be the best. Yes, the job is competitive but we don't just compete against each other but we encourage each other as well. We provide tips and different collection methods to one another so that we all can be in the race against each other. Lol cool right? Not only do the people you work with care but the company as well. With soo many Outside of work support programs to help with stress management, child care, or even money management. It's simply all around, a great company to work for. Period.
Pros
There's a breakroom with a discount food market
Cons
Some days are harder then others
over-all great place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 26, 2017
Great company! You are in a fast- paced environment, stationary at desk, on a team and are monitored for quality, adherence, government regulations for all inbound calls.Good salary and benefits.
Pros
relationships with co- workers and bonus for peak performers
Cons
call volume is very high. 80-150 calls per day
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2017
As I get my day started, I greet my co-workers and managers. I get my desk organized as I prepare to answer phone calls. I learn new skills every day by listen to the customers as well as our team gatherings. Alliance Data was a multi culture company. The hardest part of my job was to get alone with the customers needs and wants. When our team will have fun time, coming up with new ideas, and when we decorated for our goals.
I guess
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2017
I honestly don't want to discuss that information on here. I really have nothing bad to say. It was a job. Until I found a better one. So I just dealt.
Fun company with exceptional work life balance.
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  4590 E Broad St Columbus Ohio 43213April 18, 2017
I was a work at home associate. I worked as a Payment Solution Specialist. I now have experience delivering exceptional Customer Service and I have excellent negotiation skills. The Management team are diligent and hard working. The culture is uplifting and they focus on Community Involvement The hardest part of my job was having to leave it. I enjoyed working for Alliance Data.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Constantly changing Policy and call violations
Good money if you are willing to work hard
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 11, 2017
Fast paced calls, 42-52 calls per hour with 12 resolutions expected on customers past due accounts. A typical day included a 30 min. lunch and two 15 min. breaks. I learned to be even more patient with customs who seemed to be extremely stressed financially, and who found it difficult to communicate pleasantly with a debt collector. The Rio Rancho office had a friendly, nurturing atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was sitting all dang day in my chair. I would have preferred to stand at my computer. Most enjoyable part was the compensation for a days' hard work.
Pros
discounted lunches but that was discontinued
Cons
short breaks, no exercise room
Grow
Payment Solution Advocate(WAH) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43213April 10, 2017
Ive worked for Alliance Data for over 10 years and Ive been through the good, the bad and the ugly, now its time to grow! Its a very faced paced environment and if you have children with a strong support system this is an excellent Job for you!
Csr
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2017
Customer Service Specialist- Handled incoming calls promptly and professionally for retail credit card holders in a fast paste environment, ensuring quality services to all my customers and striving for a one call resolution. Personalizing each call and building a relationship with all my customers striving for stellar services.
Joke
Card Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 4, 2017
This company has a trainer that will pick one girl from each class to sleep with. I brought this to the attention of management and nothing was done. The training at this company was a joke. It was two weeks of them telling you random stuff they did not really teaching you anything important. I also was fortunate enough to get a supervisor who didn't give a care about her employees. I got very little coaching. for the first two months I saw her like three times. This company does not care about you as an employee.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
management
Fairly Good
Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2017
Good overall company. Management can be a bit stuck in their ways, and there is favoritism for people who've never left the company. Overall, they treat people fairly well. Kudos for actually training people.
Fun place to work
Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMarch 29, 2017
Great place to work and people are awesome. Highly recommended if you are looking for a collections job. Not a place where your only worth is how much you collected today.
Difficult
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 27, 2017
The job is okay, but the supervisors are terrible. All I have to say is don't be fooled at first since they are very nice and tell you all the good things the company does, yet once you are in it is totally different. They pressure you so much to donate money for charities and even bother you so much to take ten dollars off your paycheck every month for a year. Being charitable is great, but their is no need to have so many charities if the contributions come from the employees, who cannot donate for every single charity. Also never ask your supervisor for help because they probably don't know the answer and dislike being asked anyway. Very shady company.
Pros
Other Employees
Cons
Supervisors, Management
great company, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2017
You will love this job very welcoming and friendly, great pay and the benefits are endless.. if you like being around family and having a family atmosphere you'll love this job
Productive and exciting workplace
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHMarch 20, 2017
Alliance Data is a great place to work. They have many opportunities to advance and make incentive. Very lenient attendance policy which allows 29 extra minutes to make it to work without penalty.
Difficult position and office atmosphere
Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 19, 2017
I felt Alliance Data was very prejudiced against some persons. I worked hard and tried to follow all the rules, however, there were those who did not and were not reprimanded. Noise in the office was unbearable. I managed to attain home work status. The job was not too difficult, but management was never happy with anyone's performance. We were under a microscope all the time and a lot of pressure.

The company did have good perks and activities to keep the day from becoming boring. I was more happy working from home as I could concentrate and try to do my best.
Pros
Good pay/commissions
Cons
Poor management and office atmosphere
Fast paced, fun, friendly enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 16, 2017
A typical work day includes assisting customers with general customer service like lottery, check cashing, coupons, returns, refunds, faxing, dry cleaning and wic. I learned various skills like trainee, communication, ordering, money management, preparing deposits and much much more. It is very hard to advance in the company.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Room for advancement (promotions)
An excellent environment.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d Alene, IDMarch 16, 2017
The work was fast paced and challenging, with an environment of positivity and encouragement if things did get rough. Management was open and welcoming.
Pros
Flexibility
so so
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 15, 2017
Job had high promises when I interviewed, when I started the training really had nothing to do with what the job entailed. Also the lack of manager support is really upsetting. Good place to work if you like to be confined to a small desk all day with only an hours worth of a break all day.
Pros
relaxed dress code
Cons
arguing with adults about charges they make

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Data. Our community is ready to answer.