Alliance Data Employee Reviews in United States

Its a great job if you can get past how fake a lot of management is.
Co-Brand Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, OHAugust 18, 2015
Great pay
Great benefits
Good opportunity to advance if management likes you
The amount of work required is ridiculous sometimes
Pros
Great pay and bonuses
Cons
Popularity contests for promotions
Productive and fun work envirnment.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 10, 2016
Alliance Data is a great company to work for. I recommend this job to my family and friends. They help pay for colleges. I have learned a lot. This place has the potential to be great. The time that I have been with the company I have seen full team leave. They also have good incentives and benefits. They work with or around your schedule. The co-workers are not only people you work with but they become family. My boss was very understanding and helpful.
Good Treatment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO 80234June 4, 2016
Alliance data is a great company to work for. They offer good pay and benefits. There campus is a nice place to work. The people there are very nice to work for.
To do well in collections, you have to be like a good salesperson. Unfortunately I am not a good salesperson. If you are good at bill collecting, you have the potential to earn some really good bonus money with alliance data.
Pros
Good bennefits, pay, treatment and work enviorment.
Cons
Bill collecting.
A progressive company with a diverse culture
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Alliance Data enjoys a strong set of integrated HR systems that provide a neat array of tools to assist the needs of staff and management in their day-to-day functions. These were the best I've seen, including salary & raise capability to online training classes, job evaluation, payroll and benefits, etc.
Additionally, Alliance Data employs a diverse workforce that include members of Chinese, African, English, Indian, and Eurasian cultures. This adds a terrific blend of perspectives and thought to daily challenges, not to mention keeping me on my toes as to dialect.
Finally, Alliance Data expressed a light but diligent nature to work, adding fun activities and roadshows from the executives with constant reminders of managing a work/life balance.
Pros
great benefits, culture, growth
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2015
I think if it wasn't for the personal issues within my personal life, I think this would've been a job to have made a career from. The hours may have been a little uncomfortable but if the year mark was reached, it would've given me an opportunity to change shifts.
Pros
Higher pay. Opportunity to change positions. Benefits.
Cons
Hours, Supervision
A great work environment
Customer Care Advocate with Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2015
A great growing major company that a lot of people don't know about. They really compensate their employees and lots of benefits that come in handy without a lot of hassle. Flexibility with schedules and time off.
Pros
Great pay, fast paced, geat benefits, great CEO
Cons
short breaks, job descripition changes regularly
Customer Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 9, 2016
I worked Monday through Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 to 6 pm. My job duties were managing customer accounts for their private label credit cards. I also was required to help assist store associates with setting up new accounts and authorizing store transactions. I provided excellent customer service via phone and received multiple awards for the service I gave to customers as well as many kudos throughout the week. I developed skills to allow customers to feel appreciated and recognized as well how to follow company guidelines.
Geart, great place to work for
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 5, 2015
Bonuses
Heath Care
Time-off
They CARE ABOUT THERE EMPLOYEES
Pros
OUTSTANDING COMPANY!!
Cons
Every Company in Collections has there "chosen ones", and IF you go up against them as I did .. YOU WILL LOOSE! (fired)
one of the best fortune 500 hundred companies
Customer Care Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  lenexa kansasOctober 6, 2015
a typical day included pulling up several different emails and getting caught up to speed with new system changes daily. ive learn how to become a fast learning and how to multi task on several different cpu screens. My coworkers were such a pleasure to work with , when i didnt know or was unsure they guided me in the right direction. the hardest part of the job for me was ultimately leaving the company. the enjoyable part was the staff the managers the supervisors the whole management team wanted everyone to be the best so they gave us the tools to do so.
Productive and fun work environment
Incoming Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Rathdrum, IDDecember 15, 2015
It is a great company to work for and they provide excellent benefits and perks. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Alliance Data
Detection Associate (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 22, 2016
Current management in Account Protection is awful but the company itself is wonderful! The culture is awesome, the company really cares about it's workers. There are so many positives to this place I don't even know where to start. I would advise you to check them out though!
Pros
Affordable Benefits
Cons
Management, ability to get time off.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2016
This company was a great place to work as well , working here taught me how to manage my credit as well as how to be a online shopper I never really have been a online shopper but the customer service reps here were very helpful. This overall is a great place to work.
Pros
Something diffrent everyday
Cons
Not enough hours
great work life balance
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 20, 2016
my daily job at alliance data is providing customers with credit card balance, credit limits, assisting with credit disputes as well as helping customers establish credit. I am also required to hit a certain goal each month to receive a incentive, I have to maintain time management
Pros
incentives
Good job to have
Customer Care Rep (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 21, 2016
Good job to have. Amazing benefits and starting rate of pay is decent and they also give bonuses based on performance. Co-workers and managers are super nice and always willing to help. The only down fall is the customers are really mean.
Pros
Bonuses, benefits, work/life balance, and management.
friendly place to work
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2015
great coworkers, amazing benefits as far as paid time and health, supervisors always available to assist with calls, plenty of positions to move around to but very hard to do so
benefits
Cons
late night schedule
Fast paced, multi-tasked position
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 24, 2015
I loved working for this company. Every day was a new adventure. I spent part of my time helping customers and part of my time helping store associates open accounts for new customers. Excellent location, very professional, cares about their employees, room for growth. I enjoyed creating rapport with customers; many of them touched my heart through our conversations.
Pros
excellent facility, excellent culture
It was financially great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work was very challenging due to experiencing my first pregnancy. I learned how to overcome my personal issues by being committed to my employer. The management was very supportive and encouraging. My co-workers were loving and caring.
They try to be a great company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 13, 2016
The corporation is not very caring if you are trying to further your education, unless your degree has correlation to the job you perform with their company.
Pros
Encouragement to be a positive workplace
Cons
Terrible communication between dpts
Productive and Fun place with very nice people.
System Administrator and Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company and the people I worked with were so nice and professional. Management was understanding and they made sure you had all the tools you need to accomplished your work.
Motivating
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHJune 28, 2016
A typical day would be providing customer service threw an automated dialer, some days contest would go on, there was always some sort of motivation to help get threw the work day.
Pros
Big bonuses, Friendly management
Cons
Split shifts every week