Alliance Data Employee Reviews

Good money if you are willing to work hard
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 11, 2017
Fast paced calls, 42-52 calls per hour with 12 resolutions expected on customers past due accounts. A typical day included a 30 min. lunch and two 15 min. breaks. I learned to be even more patient with customs who seemed to be extremely stressed financially, and who found it difficult to communicate pleasantly with a debt collector. The Rio Rancho office had a friendly, nurturing atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was sitting all dang day in my chair. I would have preferred to stand at my computer. Most enjoyable part was the compensation for a days' hard work.
Pros
discounted lunches but that was discontinued
Cons
short breaks, no exercise room
Grow
Payment Solution Advocate(WAH) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43213April 10, 2017
Ive worked for Alliance Data for over 10 years and Ive been through the good, the bad and the ugly, now its time to grow! Its a very faced paced environment and if you have children with a strong support system this is an excellent Job for you!
Csr
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2017
Customer Service Specialist- Handled incoming calls promptly and professionally for retail credit card holders in a fast paste environment, ensuring quality services to all my customers and striving for a one call resolution. Personalizing each call and building a relationship with all my customers striving for stellar services.
Joke
Card Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 4, 2017
This company has a trainer that will pick one girl from each class to sleep with. I brought this to the attention of management and nothing was done. The training at this company was a joke. It was two weeks of them telling you random stuff they did not really teaching you anything important. I also was fortunate enough to get a supervisor who didn't give a care about her employees. I got very little coaching. for the first two months I saw her like three times. This company does not care about you as an employee.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
management
Fairly Good
Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2017
Good overall company. Management can be a bit stuck in their ways, and there is favoritism for people who've never left the company. Overall, they treat people fairly well. Kudos for actually training people.
Fun place to work
Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMarch 29, 2017
Great place to work and people are awesome. Highly recommended if you are looking for a collections job. Not a place where your only worth is how much you collected today.
Difficult
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 27, 2017
The job is okay, but the supervisors are terrible. All I have to say is don't be fooled at first since they are very nice and tell you all the good things the company does, yet once you are in it is totally different. They pressure you so much to donate money for charities and even bother you so much to take ten dollars off your paycheck every month for a year. Being charitable is great, but their is no need to have so many charities if the contributions come from the employees, who cannot donate for every single charity. Also never ask your supervisor for help because they probably don't know the answer and dislike being asked anyway. Very shady company.
Pros
Other Employees
Cons
Supervisors, Management
great company, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2017
You will love this job very welcoming and friendly, great pay and the benefits are endless.. if you like being around family and having a family atmosphere you'll love this job
Productive and exciting workplace
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHMarch 20, 2017
Alliance Data is a great place to work. They have many opportunities to advance and make incentive. Very lenient attendance policy which allows 29 extra minutes to make it to work without penalty.
Difficult position and office atmosphere
Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 19, 2017
I felt Alliance Data was very prejudiced against some persons. I worked hard and tried to follow all the rules, however, there were those who did not and were not reprimanded. Noise in the office was unbearable. I managed to attain home work status. The job was not too difficult, but management was never happy with anyone's performance. We were under a microscope all the time and a lot of pressure.

The company did have good perks and activities to keep the day from becoming boring. I was more happy working from home as I could concentrate and try to do my best.
Pros
Good pay/commissions
Cons
Poor management and office atmosphere
Fast paced, fun, friendly enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 16, 2017
A typical work day includes assisting customers with general customer service like lottery, check cashing, coupons, returns, refunds, faxing, dry cleaning and wic. I learned various skills like trainee, communication, ordering, money management, preparing deposits and much much more. It is very hard to advance in the company.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Room for advancement (promotions)
An excellent environment.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d Alene, IDMarch 16, 2017
The work was fast paced and challenging, with an environment of positivity and encouragement if things did get rough. Management was open and welcoming.
Pros
Flexibility
so so
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 15, 2017
Job had high promises when I interviewed, when I started the training really had nothing to do with what the job entailed. Also the lack of manager support is really upsetting. Good place to work if you like to be confined to a small desk all day with only an hours worth of a break all day.
Pros
relaxed dress code
Cons
arguing with adults about charges they make
Love this place bitter sweet.
Customer Care, New Web Vertical, Accounts (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 14, 2017
I absolutely love this job! Between the coworkers and management, there is a teamwork environment. All the goals of the company are clearly express with meetings and team development times off the phone. The work place is like a family environment. You will definitely make some friends. The hardest part of the job is keeping the bank compliance and the call quality up to par. They instituted a voice score that you must meet or beat 87% or face getting the white box of freedom. You get eight calls per month that you are judged on so you must really focus on every call being like your last or it will potentially be your last. The most enjoyable times are the slow times of the month that are not billing days where calls are not back to back.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Change in management styles.
Contractor Position
Commercial Accounts Analyst, First Choice Power (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXMarch 14, 2017
This was the third company to buy the division I worked for at the time. Even through our uncertain times ADS helped us through the processes and changes very smoothly. I wasn't with ADS long enough to give more detail than that but I did enjoy the short time I spent with them.
Best place to work
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 13, 2017
Have enjoyed the work place but i have not been able to bonus due to strict regulations of call quality in my depart. All calls are of a escalated nature and I'm required to re verify and update accounts that had just been handle sometimes by 1-2 people before me.
Benefits
Cons
Bonus structure
loved my co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2017
phone calls were all over the place, there was very little help from managment as far as advancing, all that seemed to matter was that we met the metrics set by the company.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
being chained to my desk
A good employer to work for.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 10, 2017
Job is not too demanding - but can be at times. Employees and supervisors are good to work with. This company has many ways to advance within the banking industry.
Fun place to work
Payment Solutions Advocate (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHMarch 9, 2017
Typical day, calling account hodlers to collection on oustanding debt, helping account holders with programs or arrangements to get accounts back on track.
Management is fun, alway trying to make work day fun and enjoyable.
Hardest part of the job is feeling productive when you are not able to connect with account holders, because at the end of the day that is your main goal.
Pros
Alot of work place fun, good associates, fun environment
Political
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 24, 2017
Unless you're a favored employee do not expect company to back you. Food is overpriced and terrible. People are great but calls are hellish. Expect, if you do bonus (especially often) to have to watch your back. They will fire you the first chance they get. Same goes for raises.
Pros
Culture, people
Cons
Management, calls, breaks and lunches, incentive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Data. Our community is ready to answer.