Alliance Data Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2016
I oved this job and all of the opportunities there were to advance. The pay rate and benefit's were great. Also the training and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great place to work and grow
Cons
Scoring system made it hard to focus
It wasn't what they made it out to be
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 15, 2016
Loved the job itself, and co-workers, Just need to touch up on their mgmt team. The job was made out to be more than it was, I have owned my own business for over 10 yr's also worked for many call- centers and unfortunately this wasn't for me.
Pros
customers, co-workers
Cons
mgmt
Good Job
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 15, 2016
Great company to work for works with your schedule and your daily life and care about the employees. Boss is very nice they are willing to work with you through day to day initiatives to grow and build you into a better and stronger employee.
Alliance Data
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2016
I loved working at alliance data, There was some things that needed to change in order for the culture to be better. There is a metric that is used to evaluate your performance which is called Voice. Voice is the way the customer see the interaction with you. this is not a far metric because you can be outstanding on the phone but if the customer waited on the line to long that could affect your score.
Nice working area and wonderful managers I met.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2016
I was doing the coding; testing and migration for the credit cards related projects.

Happy to work there and met a lot co-worker and had wonderful time over there.

I learned a lot of project management skill; like SDM.

Management person are nice.
Customer Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 9, 2016
I worked Monday through Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 to 6 pm. My job duties were managing customer accounts for their private label credit cards. I also was required to help assist store associates with setting up new accounts and authorizing store transactions. I provided excellent customer service via phone and received multiple awards for the service I gave to customers as well as many kudos throughout the week. I developed skills to allow customers to feel appreciated and recognized as well how to follow company guidelines.
Great work/life balance
Collector (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHFebruary 2, 2016
This company really believes in taking care of their employees first. They play games, have contests, and really appreciate your time as an employee. It makes it a great atmosphere to work.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
High turnover
I liked the atmosphere created by fellow co-workers
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Since this was my first experience in a call center I learned that it is busy. The co-workers were friendly and helpful to one another.
Cons
short lunch period
Fun place to work out
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 26, 2016
I worked there for over a year. The people there were great working with and wonderful helping me out when I needed it. I would help customers with there banking financials over the phone. Great job in all
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 23, 2016
It was a great place to work overall. The experience in the trade I can take for the rest of my life. My boss was easy going and let me make my own schedule most of the time
Pros
Easy going and made my own hours
Cons
sometime we didnt have work
Best Place To Work
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work consists of:
Identifying reasons for referrals and authorize/decline purchases while interpreting customer financial profile.
On a daily basis I learned what kind of aptitude it took to balance customer and business needs while producing a positive definable moment.
Management was always helpful and willing to assist when called upon.
Most co-workers were always respectful and helpful as well
The hardest part of the job is trying to express and explain the reasons behind denials for specific credit line increases
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work as much as I wanted in an environment that was truly relaxing and comfortable
Pros
Learn Something New Everyday
Cons
NA
Call Center
Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 27, 2015
It was a call center environment. The hardest thing about this job was being attached to the phone. I like to be on the phone but also have the ability to change projects. My co-workers were one of the best part of the job. I learned how to collect on soft-line goods. Typical day was to come in log onto the phone and start working in ques then also be on the dialer system when I was suppose to be.
Pros
Was able to make own schedule.
Cons
Call center environment.
friendly place to work
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2015
great coworkers, amazing benefits as far as paid time and health, supervisors always available to assist with calls, plenty of positions to move around to but very hard to do so
benefits
Cons
late night schedule
Great Internship Experience
CLIENT SALES INTERN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2015
Although the role wasn't didn't fit for me personally, the experience was great. I was able to learn a lot about retail and loyalty programs, and also learn what the corporate life was like.
Productive and fun work environment
Incoming Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Rathdrum, IDDecember 15, 2015
It is a great company to work for and they provide excellent benefits and perks. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Okay
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 15, 2015
This job was very strict and was very time based. I didn't agree with a lot of the credit card policy's that weren't very understanding to the elderly.
stressful, long hours, good job regardless
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2015
Sort ail from Incoming to Outgoing, go around office and pass out mail Then moved Collections located clients and arrange a pay plan..

Years later checked network pinter and made sure that all network systems were up and running.
Pros
good job and great co-workers
Cons
lay off
Provides Great Benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 3, 2015
Enjoyed the great benefits of Health Care. Advancement opportunities for Part Time associates are not offered. Supervisors and Managers are helpful and pleasant.
Pros
Part Time offered
Cons
No advancement opportunites for Part Time associates
Good
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 29, 2015
Working with alliance data was fun there was a nice atmosphere and the managers were approachable and I feel took value in every one
Fun turns to lies
Customer Service - Private Label Credit Cards (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 23, 2015
Their expectations for their employees is too high. Not enough breaks, expectation to be in your seat is at 95% of an 8 hour day. If you take a break for too long than it eats at your goal percentages and you could loose your bonus even if you showed up to work. No fault policy: they don't care if someone dies or is sick they will just fire you.
Pros
Holiday Bonus usually $700, but because of taxes you see a little more than half.
Cons
Read above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Data. Our community is ready to answer.