Alliance HealthCare Services

Alliance HealthCare Services Employee Reviews

Nice to work with
Patient Coordinator for Mobile MRI & PET (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Bad management
I loved working at this job. They need better management, but traveling around to the different hospitals and dealing with different people and patients all the time was a lot of fun. I learned how to work at the technologist level. All of the technologists are a lot of fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is knowing that the patients are hurting in some manner.
Great company to work for
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Travel
8-10 hour days with varied locations

Very organized company with great management.

Co-workers are great working in a team environment.
High patient volume
MRI Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), Owosso, MIJune 21, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: Long shifts, no lunch breaks
Each day is different, usually shifts vary from different sites and most sites are high patient volume which consist of a busy day on your feet a lot. You are required to be well rounded on different MRI machines and able to be a team player by worker with different people daily. I am responsible for screening the patient for their safety whle in the MRI, help them get changed and make them comfortable in the MRI machine. I also set up the scanning table for each exam and prepare contrast agents for the technologist as needed.
Decent place
Technologist (Current Employee), CaliforniaJune 10, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: The compensation
Nice people, busy facility, pays a little less than industry standard although decent benefits so that does compensate.
Good company to work
Medical Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Canton, OHJune 8, 2015
Pros: bravo points, bonuses
Cons: none
Good company if you enjoy medical insurance verification, friendly staff. Great benefits. Knowing your helping a patient out and succeeding in all you do and being recognized. One of the best company's I have worked for..
Productive and Helpful atmosphere
Daily reports
Coordinate physician schedules
Run!!!!
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 4, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
This company will treat you like gum on a shoe. I have never been so mistreated by anyone like I was at this company. You are treated as a number, you have to recite a script on the phone and if you say one word wrong you will get written up, all the calls are recorded. They pay horrible and you don't get any acknowledgement or pay raises. there is plenty more wrong with this company I would just keep looking.
Productive and Great place to work.
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible time
Cons: Limited to no advancement.
A typical day at work starts at 7:30 am and it's mostly a day well organized. I have awesome co-workers, although the hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between management and staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is how things come to together once communication and common grounds have been formed.
Successful Imaging Company
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Long hours and driving distances
Alliance Imaging is a great company to work for, especially while one is preparing for a future career. The managers and staff are supportive and flexible and the job security is very good. Probably the most difficult part of the job would be the long hours and distance to many of the mobile sites. The most enjoyable portion of the work would certainly be the opportunity to meet so many of the wonderful residents of the state and be able to assist them in their pursuit of better health. Advancement is limited in my current position.
Achieves a Balance of good performance, while keeping employees well informed and educated.
Staff MRI Technician (Former Employee), Owosso, MIMarch 20, 2015
Pros: i like my co employee, and enjoyed the centers receptionist too.
Cons: travel was difficult in the winter, and quarterly meetings were in owasso or lansing.
I enjoyed working for Alliance, but felt management really was not aware of what went on outside the office they worked in. As long as your clients and patients were happy You were happy too.
Alliance Healthcare Services is unfair
Crisis Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2015
Pros: incentive pay... Illegally takes away overtime
Cons: A gradually more and more oppressive environment
A poorly run company that prides itself on terminating people. Sad...Was enjoyable at one point but ceased to be as people were examined under a hot magnifying glass until they were destroyed. I will advise anyone who asked to decline to work there.
It was a great place to work. I like the job i did
Patient Services Associate (Former Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 27, 2015
I was with this company for over 10 years plus, and with no warning whatsoever, I was let go, being told they were restructuring/downsizing the company. I was so good at my job ! It was the perfect work schedule for me, vacations, benefits, no weekends and then all the sudden it was gone, and for what? I still don't understand
No longer a good place to work.
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: management
No respect for there employes,your just a number.if you are not desperate please don't waste your time,good luck and god bless.
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), Queens, NYFebruary 9, 2015
I learn Every day how to adapt to different situations. I enjoy the relationships between coworkers and patients. A typical workday consist of interviewing patients answering questions, and checking for authorizations.
Wondeful place to work
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: decent pay, good management, advancement in most areas
Cons: some years no raises, for me no room for advancement due to my situation
Alliance Healthcare is a company with mobile units and fixed sites that perform MRIs and PET/CT scans across the United States. I've learned a vast amount of information regarding pet/ct scans and cancer. My co workers are like most some are over achievers and some are under achievers. No real complaints in this department. Management is great. Really. They are fair and strive to deal with a situation in a timely manner. They do appreciate when you do a good job and they will reprimand if you do something wrong but they do not degrade you like most jobs do. The hardest part of the job is the call volume. You have to be mentally prepared to stay focused and positive for a full eight hours, which can be difficult at times. I enjoy talking with customers and patients.
Pleasant work atmosphere overall
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 30, 2015
Wonderful co-workers and team members. Company is focused on patient care and this is evident in the management directives. I love working with the patients and other team members; most difficult part of the job would be dealing with health insurance companies and their lack of representatives available to assist us when we are trying to help our patients in negotiating the requirements needed to obtain approvals for the patients' physician ordered scans.
Productive workplace and very leneiant
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Working in a doctors' office has its times. I worked in the pharmacy and had to process all prescriptions for injections to send out to other locations for the phlebotomist. Answering the phone and checking voicemails was mandatory throughout the day. I was hands on with the clients, giving them their medication and collecting copays. I had to check the mail to process new prescriptions sent from prescribers as well as fill the medications.
Great Place to Work
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), ConnecticutJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: love my team members
Cons: healthcare not really stable
Love the people I work with and love working with patients. I have learned so much about the medical field. Management is OK. I work 3 days a week which is awesome! I work 12-14 hours a day. Many changes that mostly affect higher ups, not the techs or PC's. You need to please to the patients as well as the hospital because that's who the contract is with.
Nice place to work
Jericho Program Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2015
Its a nice place to work; you have benefits. very nice co workers. very organize place to work.. the hardest part about the job is getting client in for their appointments or looking for clients. You always have something to do throughout your day.
Beware don't even apply
Patient service associate (Former Employee), Andover, maOctober 24, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This is the worst place I have ever worked!!! You are only a number and they talk down to you. You feel like your worthless and replaceable at all times. Management is horrible! Do yourself a favor and don't apply keep looking. You will thank me later.
Headquarters