Alliance HealthCare Services

Alliance HealthCare Services Employer Reviews

Inconsistant and no comunication
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 12, 2014
Pros: varied locations
Cons: poor management
Inconsistent management, unfair practices - favoritism runs rampant here. They expect good work and care for their clients, yet treat employees as disposable. Working with patients is something I enjoyed, but did not appreciate being treated as just another number by management.
Most techs and coordinators are great, and they are who you see every day.
very busy
Radiographer (Former Employee), Morristown N.J.July 22, 2014
Pros: good work experience
Cons: to many on call hours
Extremely busy work flow.
Cover multi modalities.
Nice coworkers.
Make them your last resort
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: too much to list
Cons: it was a paycheck
Moving from site to site. Expecting to know everyone's protocols and quirks. Being a technologist and a mechanic going under the trailer getting oil and dirty. Never getting the days off you formally requested. Having a manager who was never around or able to get a hold of.
Great Job until I got pregnant
Field Representative (Former Employee), All over the placeMay 14, 2014
Pros: field position
Cons: management, all about numbers
Basically had a great experience with this company, until I got pregnant, management said they had my back,.they did not..decided to fire me at 5 months pregnant with no evidence to back up my termination and bogus reasons as to why I was terminated..
Dead end job.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: management
It's not what you know, it's who you know, lower management to busy trying to impress upper management, trying to hard too make themselves look good,not giving enough credit to the employes who actually do the work,except for a few chosen ones.

April 24, 2014

It's about time someone told the truth, it's not what you know ,it's who you know.

TERRITORIAL STAFF
Staff (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long term receptionist was territorial, no support from district manager
Overall, a good place to work. The MD and Physicist were great people. Some staff were friendly, some were not and would barely speak to you. In particular, the office manager/receptionist was very territorial and instead of letting me try to do what I was hired for, kept making me do things related to her job. I couldn't focus on what I was supposed – more... to be doing and let me learn MY job. Tried talking to the district manager about this but was poorly received. She took my comments in the wrong context and got an attitude with me so I felt it was best to move on after only a few months. I really thought I had found a good job, and was sad to leave. Joplin is not a great town for medical professionals and it is hard to find a decent position with realistic pay, as the Joplin market in general is VERY low paying. – less
No commute , keep truck at home
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: never getting 2 days off in a row unless you use vaca time .
This is a great job for a person with common sense and a motivated self starter . You get your full weeks schedule in advance and determine when you should leave each day without being told to do so . There is no one calling you or looking over your shoulder as long as you complete your job each day . Co- workers are always helpful and the hardest part – more... of the job is not getting weekends off anymore and working a split schedule ( 1 day off during the week and 1 day off on the weekend 52 weeks out of the year . It makes it hard to enjoy even 1 weekend off per year . the most enjoyable part is the freedom to plan your own practical routes and practical start times , and being able to punch in to work in your own driveway . – less
Excellent company with amazing drive
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Based out of Tulsa OklahomaFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: autonomy and excellent pay
Cons: the driving...(shudder)
Traveling to rural areas in order to perform MRI's on people doesn't leave much in the way to allow a day to be "typical". It is however extremely rewarding to help people who genuinely need it. I managed a medical route that covered 3 states in the US and all the rural hospitals in between. I would often spend 4-8 hours a day driving in order to perform – more... as many scans as I could in an 8 hour time slot. The inspirational management and support crew would go out of their way to help, which of course encouraged me to do the same. – less
Productive work place
Radiologic Technician/MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Rhode IslandFebruary 1, 2014
MRI and patient care is my life. I assist the doctors in diagnosis, interpretation, etc.
Alliance A Mobile medical Provider
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: excellent team to work with as far as my team
Cons: management did not care for team members other than the bottom line
Company was a great company to work with . Until they went Public then it became all about the bottom line and percentages and not about the customer or the team members.
To all ye who enter...
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Owosso, MIDecember 28, 2013
Pros: fabulous teammates.
Cons: absentee management and difficult working conditions.
For Technologists and Patient Coordinators this company ought only to be a company of last resort. This may be different if one is seeking a management position considering Alliance's bloated and self serving management structure.

If you enjoy traveling hours to and from work, with scant travel compensation, as management often reneges on travel boundaries – more... (GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING), working very long hours without breaks, freezing in winter and sweating in the summer, attending biannual "team" meetings filled with platitudes and unfulfilled promises, eating on board the unit while dealing with patients at the same time because there are no breaks, management changing one's schedule or dropping one's shifts completely with very little notice, having ever more responsibility often with greater time constraints and little or no help, being unable to schedule days off or vacation time without major difficulty and months of notice, working most or all weekends, working alone with several patients in an unsafe patient care environment, mountains of paperwork, zero upward mobility, nepotism, favoritism, having your achievements and efforts disrespected and under appreciated often times by less educated superiors, and management that would throw you under the bus in a New York Minute, then this is the job for you.

Believe it or not, because of the quality and integrity of the fellow technologists, all of this would be tolerable if not for the utter indifference (bordering on maliciousness) shown by many of the area managers. Technologists are referred to as "moving pieces" and are treated commensurately. A culture of negativity is amok and one is continuously on the defensive and coerced into fearing for his/her job.

Use this job for training experience only, if you must, as there are many highly qualified and versatile technologists that are trapped at Alliance due to it's many acquisitions. – less
Overall, it was a good learning experience and I like the environment that I was in working with a mobile company.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 20, 2013
I work at several different sites, so I drive between an hour to two hours typically to get to whichever site I am working at for the day. I typically work about a 10 hour day, and rarely get breaks - but that seems to be what happens at most MRI jobs. The hardest part of the job sometimes is going from site to site and trying to adapt to the different – more... protocols and machines that you have to work with. However, that is also a great way to learn. It is also difficult when contracts are up in the air, and you are unsure of your hours, or if you'll even have a job in the next few months. I like the freedom and flexibility of a mobile environment, however I do not like the instability. – less
Alliance is a company with very high standards and very experienced technologist.
PET/CT Technologist (Current Employee), Durham, NCNovember 5, 2013
A day with Alliance is sometimes tough. Hours and driving play a role in this. The sites we visit are in different locations and protocols vary.Co-workers and management are pleasant to work with.
Good employer with job security
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), San Francisco CA and Tunkhannock, Wilkes-Barre PAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed my job. A typical day would be working on a mobile MRI Trailer so I would get to be outside a lot and I always got to meet new people. I enjoyed my co-workers and I always get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job is seeing people in poor health and the most enjoyable part is helping people. Management was easy to work with. I learned – more... just to take the job day by day and enjoy getting to be outdoors a portion of the day. – less
Forced employees to work outratious hours, and forced drives to sights hours away with no compensation.
Sr. PET-CT Technologist (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: poor work conditions.
This is a company who only focused on the bottom line, with no regard for the employees.
Fun and secure place.
Front Desk Receptionist/scheduler (Former Employee), Canton, OHSeptember 12, 2013
This was an enjoyable place to work for. It was fun meeting the patients you spoke with on the phone and then face to face at their appointment. Loved verifying insurances. Got along with the MRI techs too.
great company
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: pay and great company
Cons: not a site closer or i would have stayed
solid company only left because shields took over mobile site i was at
Mobile Medical Company
Logistics Management (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: team work from my position down
Cons: upper management
Excellent team working for me. typical day went from 6 am to ???.
full of changes and eval of units and customers.
Co workers were great.
upper management not so great.
Most enjoyable was interaction with my co workers and my team.
Great place to work and learn
Account Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: great territory including ga & fl
Cons: operations immersed in sales process to often
Surrounded on daily basis by professionals who both cared about the continued success of the company and patient care.
Great People
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 25, 2013
I worked here as a temp and had a great experience in my short time there. Everyone was very cordial and it was a pleasure to work for this company.

1 2 3

About Alliance HealthCare Services

Alliance HealthCare Services is a leading national provider of diagnostic imaging and radiation oncology services. With nearly – Read more

Alliance HealthCare Services Photos