Alliance Laundry Systems LLC Employee Reviews

Great place to work ( for the most part)
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIJuly 4, 2016
I love my job and co-workers even though the turn around is somewhat higher than would be expected. If you need a job with alot of flexibility in the schedule this is not for you! If you are going to come to work everyday and you don't have a problem with overtime if required then this can be a great place to work! The pay and benefits are very good. The workplace atmosphere is fairly laid back. The people that I work with are very friendly and willing to help out their co-workers. I have heard so many people complain about unfairness, bad management etc....... the bottom line is if you are going to call in alot or not work hard when you are there then your co-workers and your management are not going to be very happy with you but if you are willing to get to work everyday and do your best then I am sure you will have no problem and you can go far with the company!
Pros
Stability, ability to learn many positions and move up
Cons
The bad employees and unfair management that has given the good majority a bad name
Great coworkers
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIAugust 30, 2016
Alliance is a competitive employer and the money/benefits are amazing. It's fast paced but they work with you in finding a job that is right for you so that you can succeed as an employee there.
Cons
short breaks, no air conditioning
Awesome atmosphere with room for growth
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2016
My typical day at work is unloading/loading trucks all day.We ride to different hospitals to pick up dirty linen, while dropping off clean linen. Management would help us get est part of the job done.The hardest part of the job is finding more work to do after your job is complete.
Pros
benefits, flexibility, great management
Cons
no overtime was available
not a bad place to work, but not the best place for moving forward within.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIAugust 30, 2016
the pay isn't bad for the work, honestly the best thing about the entire place is the fact that the people you work with are understanding and are interesting to talk to, excluding management and such from this category.
Pros
pay and the people
Cons
everything is about seniority.
the company itself is a nice place to work but the managment does not know who is doing what for whom
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 20, 2016
the company is a good place to work. The management needs to figure out where the problems are and take care of them before they spiral out of control. Communication needs to be worked on and EVERYONE needs to do there part.
Pros
good company
Cons
Teamwork nonexistent, leads and some utilities don't want to do there jobs so they have everyone else do it for them.
alright work environment
Utility (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WINovember 20, 2016
My Typical work day consisted of having to run around and grab parts for people on the line. The people i worked with was the only part that made my job enjoyable. Going above and beyond for this company really doesn't get you anywhere, there really is not a lot of room for growth. The pay was better than most places. Overall i would say it was a alright work environment.
Pros
breaks are paid
Cons
short breaks
Great job
5 man crew (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLJuly 6, 2016
Really enjoyed this job learned alot to building a washing machine and how to install the coin part and timer. The money wasnt't that great but at my age it was pretty good money. The management was really awesome and wanted to teach you all of the operation not just building the washing machine.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Money, and they moved
Great workplace; very educational for motivated workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIMarch 17, 2015
When i started at Alliance Laundry Systems i knew next to nothing about machines or anything else to do with factory work. Within 3 months of starting i was given a raise of $5/hr because i wanted to learn everything i could about every machine that i touched. I learned to read blueprints, set up, program, run and adjust cnc machines. I was asked to help the leads out by troubleshooting, adjusting, and fixing other workers machines when they went down if they leads were bust at the time. The lead men in the Machine Shop of Alliance taught me a lot and i will be forever in their debt.
I was indefinitely suspended for missing too many days in a row, this was not the companies fault. I let my personal life affect my work life and it is a mistake i will never let happen again
Pros
Great Lead men willing to teach
Productive and fun environment
Door Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJuly 6, 2016
A great place to work with a great staff and friendly team management. A great challenging position with lots of opportunity for growth and development.
Productive and pleasant place to work with fun people.
Paint Department Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Theres never a shortage of work to be done or layoffs. Overtime almost always available. Learned how washers and dryers were painted at Alliance using a powder coat and heat process.
Management were very patient and helpful and always ready to answer any questions or help you out if you were struggling to keep up with the pace of the line. Co-workers also always willing to answer questions and help you out if need be. It's a nice place to work all around. Hardest part of the job was sometimes things were heave to lift and move around but never something that was unreasonable to be done without proper accommodations. The most enjoyable part of the job was they allowed radios to be on during the work day to keep your motivation and spirit level high.
Pros
Union. Good benefits. Annual garanteed raises
Cons
Dirty manufacturing environment which is expected of most manufacturing environments
great pay
Line Assembly Worker/utility (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIAugust 16, 2016
I would help assemble washers and dryers and help others when needed. I would gather supplies, clean and stock when line was down. They had great break periods as they were every 2 hours to keep us focused and upbeat.
Provides ice machines, contest to win things for safety.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIMarch 25, 2016
Started sometimes at 5 a.m. so we could be done by 2 p.m., summer hours. Management always had good listening ear for new ideas. For the most part the co-workers were exsultant as team players. Truly do miss the team members this was the hardest part, having to leave.
Pros
Free donuts when no safety isuses for each quarter.
Cons
10 minute breaks to short to go to bathroom, eat, and get water.
Production
Severed as a Kaizen event member (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJanuary 13, 2016
My typical day at work would be a reputation work environment. I would go to my work area and do the same thing each day. I have learned how to make commercial wash machines and learned how to use power tools. Management I think where a typical management in a factory facility. They want to make sure things are running smoothly each day as sometimes there are issues. I don't feel there was really anything hard about my job except when I was first learning it, but of course all jobs are like that until you learn it and do it each day. My most enjoyable part of my job was the product went out the door and the customer enjoyed their product. Oh and my co-workers.
Pros
Learning to work and a assembly line
Cons
short breaks and having layoff
My areas of employment were good
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed working in HR. For me there wasn't any difficult part of the job, I loved it all. Also enjoyed being an assistant to the director of Manufacturing.
miss managed
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJuly 14, 2015
Since day one I tried to make the best out of the situations that I was handed or put into. Sounds crazy but why does a person have to go back to being in kindergarten to work in the manufacturing setting? To many politics not enough support or praise for jobs well done.
Awesome
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WISeptember 1, 2016
I loved working there. And also good staff.

Solid job, pleasant atmosphere
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIMay 8, 2013
I was hesitant to try out factory line work thinking that it would be unbearably monotonous, but the pace is fast enough and the tasks vary enough that it really isn't bad. Typically co-workers help each other out and you'll have opportunities to find a position that suits you. Company is growing so you don't have to worry about lay-offs. Unfortunately there is not a lot of schedule flexibility for new employees. Nearly every day I talk and laugh with the people around me while I work.
Pros
Job stability, 401k, can listen to music
Cons
Some union perks take long-term commitment
Unless you are working in an office environment - steer clear!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIMarch 12, 2014
Employee morale is horrible because employees are treated like a number. Union environment is worse than high school with the maturity level of many employees. Management is snakes and will throw anyone under the bus if they think it will help advance themselves. Make sure to get the compensation you are looking for from the start because you get a measly 2% yearly raise.
dont do it
former line employee (Former Employee) –  riponJuly 19, 2014
If you want to wast your time this is the place for you I worked 2 months no problems and i was .then put on a job where the pace was at times non consistent increased to a point where you can't keep up increased in the name of production and the with quality 84 days in and let go I guess they need not pay benefits on this part of there rotating work force management if you want to call i
t that
Pros
worked with some real back stabers
Cons
the place is a pig pen possible bio hazard
Worst Job Ever
Picker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIDecember 14, 2015
Got trained for one day, and was told by non management that I was doing everything wrong but my boss said I was doing a great job, then suddenly out of the blue I was pulled into his office the next week to be told how bad of a job I was doing. By the time I was told of my mistakes they didn't think extra training would help me cause I had been there so long. Was never shown how to fix my mistakes either, or when I made them, or what I was even doing wrong.
Pros
coworkers are super friendly
Cons
even if you were done 1 minute early you had to wait that extra minute to clock out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Laundry Systems LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Alliance Laundry Systems LLC Reviews by Location