Alliance Laundry Systems LLC Employee Reviews

Management is horrible and they treat u with no respect
Lead utility (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WINovember 15, 2017
I would not recommend this place to anyone. The hours are horrible and all they care about is numbers and the top people only care about their bonuses.
Pros
Vacation days
Depends on department
Office (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WINovember 12, 2017
Some areas managed well. Others not. Success depends on where you are there. Location is mostly rural. Most people live somewhere else. Drives can be long. Company doesn't seem well organized.
Stress filled and full of Higher ups who only demand more.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WINovember 10, 2017
Management seems to think its okay to treat their workers as if they came there to live there. Expecting people to work the work of 3+ people and berating them if they don't. Only enjoyable part of the job was joking around with some of the people lower down due to shared experience. The job can be considered worth it only if you get a good mesh with a lead man on a pay step 4 or higher. The pay step 2s are not worth it anywhere but sadly that makes up most of the entry level jobs. the pay step 3s are sometimes okay depending on areas and shifts but its hit or miss at best.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Higher ups are don't use common sense and treat you like a robot
Good company to work for
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WINovember 7, 2017
Fast paced environment - management is fair. Pay is good, workplace is friendly. I enjoyed daily challenges as they arose. Overall a good company to work for.
What it's like to work there
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WI 54971October 25, 2017
It started out a good place to work, but the management changed the atmosphere there and it became very stressful. It's fast paced. It's a place where the workers that are hired don't stick around, they find out what work is like and it's too much. Some jobs are easy and others are hard, not equally divided. When you have been there for years and you are getting the higher pay they are making the environment difficult for those people so that they will quit to go somewhere else or retire. They want the lower tier workers so that it doesn't cost as much to make the products.
Productive, fun place to work
Line assembly/tester/Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIOctober 4, 2017
I loved working for Alliance Laundry Systems. There is always room for advancement and the people there are GREAT! I think they offer good benefits, and great wages.
Pros
all kinds of programs
Cons
nothing I can think of
Real secure job.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WISeptember 29, 2017
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. They had no problem with helping out. The work hours are manageable. There was a lot of overtime. The benefits are good.
Good place to work but management sucks
Production Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WISeptember 14, 2017
I did not mind my job at all, it was the management that was horrible. The majority of them would just stand around talking the whole time. They never listened to what you had to say and could care less. They are very cliquey there and treat the employees like dirt. The supervisor didn't even know how to do half of the jobs. They would talk down to you and make you feel worthless. I know multiple people that have cried due to the way management was talking to them.
Pros
Decent pay, Paid holidays
Cons
poor management, short breaks, long hours, no sympathy
Factory life
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WISeptember 4, 2017
If you can handle fatory work your ok. Depending on what shift or department your put it too. If you struggle they will help find you an easier position for you to do.
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fast paced and tons of over time
Utility (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIAugust 27, 2017
Long hours and fast paced work. Things always breaking down. Forcing more and more over time leaving no time to have a family life and very little time for rest so you could have a clear focused mind in the work place
Alliance
General Manager - U.S. Retail (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIAugust 22, 2017
Great company that will be around a long time. The leadership is very strategic and invests in the future to ensure success continues. Very stable company with hard-working people.
Pros
Great stock, 6% 401k Match
Fast paced stressful
Spot welder (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIAugust 16, 2017
When i worked there i didn't like the new contract they had come up with. Was laid off or transfered to different jobs during slow times which resulted in lower temporary wages.
Als
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIAugust 10, 2017
Best job I ever had. My coordinator was excellent at being a leader, you definitely wanted to work for him. He was very pro active when it came to any issues. They were always willing to work with me if something arose as well. ALS is continuing to grow at large pace and under different circumstances, I would have stayed.
Pros
No layoffs. Very steady, lots of overtime.
Cons
Honestly, they have corrected a lot of issues
Good
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIAugust 3, 2017
Good place to work, friendly coworkers, friendly management, clean work conditions and good benefits. Room to advance or move in a department, always willing to listen to what you have to say.
Als
Operation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Union, WIJuly 12, 2017
Very fast paced but very competitive.
Business is booming so lots of hours to be worked

Union shop and for the most part people are good to work with and are willing to do a good job for you
Work
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIJuly 6, 2017
Growing company. Great company to work for and can be stressful at times. Great benefits. Competitive wage. Great location and supportive in the community.
Overall good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 20, 2017
The people are nice and management puts safety 1st. They do their best to work with you on family affairs, they encourage applying for advanced positions and willingly train promising individuals. The communication between management staff can be improved because not everyone is usually on the same page but it eventually gets sorted out. Overall a good place to work. Day to day responsibilities didn't change to much, 1st shift usually has to pick up the slack of 2nd shift because they are understaffed which results in a lot of overtime.
Pros
affordable insurance policies, lots of hours, good working consitions
Cons
short breaks, hard to get into a new position with higher pay
Have to be a chosen one
Senior Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 6, 2017
A decent place to work if you want to punch in and out and go home. Unless you are part of an inner circle in management, your advancement is limited.
Pros
Decent people as a whole
Cons
Limited advancement
Don't do it
Assembly Line Operator and Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 2, 2017
Management is terrible and corrupt, they will find ways to bend the rules just to spite you if you are a threat to their job or getting them in any sort of trouble for not doing their job. They fired me for using FMLA. In which they had previously tried to get me in trouble for even though my doctor signed for it. Tried to say I called in sick and "couldn't find the voicemail" when I had asked to hear it from that day.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, no air conditioning, poor and dirty work conditions, lack of care for employees health
A waste of many years
Assembly (Former Employee) –  RiponMay 26, 2017
In the many years I worked here I seen many bad things. I was told that if I did not like it, I could leave, there was 15 people waiting to walk in and take my job. They do have a very bad turn over. Many summers working 10 hours and Sats. When my body couldn't handle it anymore, they made my life a living heck until they found a backdoor way to let me go. I would not send anyone here if they want a life that is not controlled by them.
Pros
pay
Cons
no air so heat is bad in summer, no respect, you use your vacation when they say, too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Laundry Systems LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9