Alliance Laundry Systems LLC

Alliance Laundry Systems LLC Employee Reviews in United States

the company itself is a nice place to work but the managment does not know who is doing what for whom
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 20, 2016
the company is a good place to work. The management needs to figure out where the problems are and take care of them before they spiral out of control. Communication needs to be worked on and EVERYONE needs to do there part.
Pros
good company
Cons
Teamwork nonexistent, leads and some utilities don't want to do there jobs so they have everyone else do it for them.
Provides ice machines, contest to win things for safety.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIMarch 25, 2016
Started sometimes at 5 a.m. so we could be done by 2 p.m., summer hours. Management always had good listening ear for new ideas. For the most part the co-workers were exsultant as team players. Truly do miss the team members this was the hardest part, having to leave.
Pros
Free donuts when no safety isuses for each quarter.
Cons
10 minute breaks to short to go to bathroom, eat, and get water.
Easy and challenging
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIFebruary 16, 2016
The atmosphere is very laid back and the co-workers are very helpful for newcomers. Very interesting group of people who have stories to tell you everyday. The only challenging thing is the 80+ Ibs items that need to be packaged, although it will get easier as you get used to it.
Pros
Very Laid back
Cons
Heavy items mean more serious injuries
Production
Severed as a Kaizen event member (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJanuary 13, 2016
My typical day at work would be a reputation work environment. I would go to my work area and do the same thing each day. I have learned how to make commercial wash machines and learned how to use power tools. Management I think where a typical management in a factory facility. They want to make sure things are running smoothly each day as sometimes there are issues. I don't feel there was really anything hard about my job except when I was first learning it, but of course all jobs are like that until you learn it and do it each day. My most enjoyable part of my job was the product went out the door and the customer enjoyed their product. Oh and my co-workers.
Pros
Learning to work and a assembly line
Cons
short breaks and having layoff
Awesome atmosphere with room for growth
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2016
My typical day at work is unloading/loading trucks all day.We ride to different hospitals to pick up dirty linen, while dropping off clean linen. Management would help us get est part of the job done.The hardest part of the job is finding more work to do after your job is complete.
Pros
benefits, flexibility, great management
Cons
no overtime was available
Worst Job Ever
Picker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIDecember 14, 2015
Got trained for one day, and was told by non management that I was doing everything wrong but my boss said I was doing a great job, then suddenly out of the blue I was pulled into his office the next week to be told how bad of a job I was doing. By the time I was told of my mistakes they didn't think extra training would help me cause I had been there so long. Was never shown how to fix my mistakes either, or when I made them, or what I was even doing wrong.
Pros
coworkers are super friendly
Cons
even if you were done 1 minute early you had to wait that extra minute to clock out
great for advancement
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WINovember 6, 2015
If willing to work smart and hard there is unlimited room for advancement. Alliance also has great management that pushes individuals to excel and help grow there business. Treating their employees fairly helps create better moral which ensures better production.
Good company
CAD Tech II (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIOctober 7, 2015
Good company to work for. Good insurance and workplace, great working environment and people. Growing company with advancement opportunities.
not a employer i would suggest
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WISeptember 26, 2015
I liked what I did (my responsibilities) but as far as the company goes I would not recommend this employer to anyone, what I learned was to keep my mouth closed at all time, Would not let me type what I wanted to say about the management. so I erased it. says it contained inappropriate language but it didn't.
Pros
overtime
Cons
see above comments
Diverse equipment that commanded good troubleshooting
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WISeptember 16, 2015
The range of equipment was like old school to new school. One time your working in a control box that has all relays, the next job your on the computer breaking down the ladder logic to find the problem. I enjoy the communication with my colleagues and gaining knowledge from them.
miss managed
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJuly 14, 2015
Since day one I tried to make the best out of the situations that I was handed or put into. Sounds crazy but why does a person have to go back to being in kindergarten to work in the manufacturing setting? To many politics not enough support or praise for jobs well done.
it was a decent job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 2, 2015
i enjoyed going to work and working along side my coworkers they made the day go by fast and we no problems with each others
Pros
it was decent
Cons
the brakes was too shorts
easy to get hired
LINE UTILITY (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIApril 25, 2015
this place is a real drag on your life. you will work 60 hours a week. will tell you have to stay late all the time. work thru breaks. low pay also
Great workplace; very educational for motivated workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIMarch 17, 2015
When i started at Alliance Laundry Systems i knew next to nothing about machines or anything else to do with factory work. Within 3 months of starting i was given a raise of $5/hr because i wanted to learn everything i could about every machine that i touched. I learned to read blueprints, set up, program, run and adjust cnc machines. I was asked to help the leads out by troubleshooting, adjusting, and fixing other workers machines when they went down if they leads were bust at the time. The lead men in the Machine Shop of Alliance taught me a lot and i will be forever in their debt.
I was indefinitely suspended for missing too many days in a row, this was not the companies fault. I let my personal life affect my work life and it is a mistake i will never let happen again
Pros
Great Lead men willing to teach
Productive and pleasant place to work with fun people.
Paint Department Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Theres never a shortage of work to be done or layoffs. Overtime almost always available. Learned how washers and dryers were painted at Alliance using a powder coat and heat process.
Management were very patient and helpful and always ready to answer any questions or help you out if you were struggling to keep up with the pace of the line. Co-workers also always willing to answer questions and help you out if need be. It's a nice place to work all around. Hardest part of the job was sometimes things were heave to lift and move around but never something that was unreasonable to be done without proper accommodations. The most enjoyable part of the job was they allowed radios to be on during the work day to keep your motivation and spirit level high.
Pros
union. good benefits. annual garanteed raises
Cons
dirty manufacturing environment which is expected of most manufacturing environments
My employment with Alliance Laundry Systems start out great.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIDecember 26, 2014
As time went on there seemed to be less enthusiasm. I do believe work relations and attitudes would improve with an improved incentives program.
However, I appreciate all that I learned and my employment with Alliance.
I would recommend the company to anyone and would gladly continue working there.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks
Assist customers in computer or phone problems
Desktop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WISeptember 19, 2014
Answer customer calls for computer and phone service. Diagnose and repair hardware and or software problems in a timely courteous manner. On occasions some problems would have to be researched and/or discussed with other co-workers to decide on the best course of action. I most enjoy working and helping the customer.
Pros
worked with nice people
Cons
no time for advanced training
dont do it
former line employee (Former Employee) –  riponJuly 19, 2014
If you want to wast your time this is the place for you I worked 2 months no problems and i was .then put on a job where the pace was at times non consistent increased to a point where you can't keep up increased in the name of production and the with quality 84 days in and let go I guess they need not pay benefits on this part of there rotating work force management if you want to call i
t that
Pros
worked with some real back stabers
Cons
the place is a pig pen possible bio hazard
Good overall company - Would recommend
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 16, 2014
Enjoyed working at Alliance. Generally treated well and recognized for achievements.
Pros
great people
Cons
can be up and down business. can get layed off in downturn.
Small manufacturing facility with big ideas
Core Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Ripon, WIApril 30, 2014
The business is successful for many reasons - Management decision making, good planning, strategic initiatives and good honest hard work from the American factory worker. Alliance is a good place to get started if you are looking for diversity in manufacturing. It has all the processes one could want to start a well rounded career. The hardest part of the job is making things work with no budget. The most enjoyable part is watching the business grow.
Pros
secure work - stability
Cons
not enough staff to execute goals and objectives