Alliance Residential Company

Alliance Residential Company Employer Reviews

Productive work environment
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2014
a busy day consisting of work orders

i learned how to maintenance an apartment for move-in

the manager is very consistent

my co-workers are very helpful

the hardest part of the job is the doing work orders for a/c units

the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing residence happy
Fun Work Place
Senior Multi- Site Business Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta GaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: diversity
A typical day at work is an adventure to share, there are no 2 days that are similar. My team strive for success and work hard to satisfy our urgencies.
Sales and Assistant Business Manager Duties
Business Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2014
Pros: sales and people
Daily operations of communities that ranged anywhere from 152-336 units,Bookkeeping, Sales and Customer Service.
It's not a bad stepping stone
Manager (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaJune 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: drama
Strange company to work for. Don't expect to be treated like an business professional, much less an adult. There is no empowerment and they do not promote from within unless you have put in 10 years with the company
Manhattan developer with some very high profile projects
Apartment developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 24, 2014
this is a very small company where all of the decision making control is in-house. It allows for projects to move very quickly. the design aspect of their projects is an intrinsic part of their development and sales process. Great projects, working environment is pretty black and white - either they like you, or they don't.
Hard Working Leasing Consultant Looking to Sell the Dream!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: relationships built with residents, ability to be outgoing, fast paced, good benefits
Cons: hard work schedule, work all weekend. very hard to maintain life and work when working 12+ hours a day. low pay rate
My typical day at work is never typical. There is no structure to my day, I've learned quickly to roll with the punches. I help manage an apartment complex of 304 units so I am the point of contact for the residents. As well as keeping up with daily tasks such as file follow up, renewal and notice postings, I am the lead person for sales. I have successfully – more... increased the occupancy rate from 89% to 92%, industry standards are 93%. I am the first point of contact for each new prospect and it is my duty to sell the community and lease an apartment. I qualify and process my leasing files in the same manner I did my mortgage files. I am responsible for completing the application, obtaining necessary signature and documents. Constant follow through with prospect and management while adhering to all Fair Housing laws. The hardest part of my job is not being able to please and help everyone. There are circumstances beyond my control but I am disappointed when I don't "win". I've also learned some valuable lessons from mistakes made on the way. On the other hand, the high pressure and customer service required is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Knowing that I have helped someone obtain their first apartment or providing a better sense of living is very gratifying. I wouldn't be successful if it wasn't for my co-workers or management. We all work as a team which allows both to be consistent and victorious. – less
Not My Cup Of Tea
Leasing Professional (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 1, 2014
When I first started working for Alliance I was 18 years old. I was a leasing professional for an 8 million dollar property. I was getting paid very well, but also I was working 100 hour weeks and going to school on my two days off. Which I agreed to, my boss let me know that she would work with my school schedule. So I had Mondays and Wednesdays off – more... and after I finished the semester she said to me... "Good were no longer doing that" So I dropped out of school. I continued to work hard and barley had a life outside of work because my boss was constantly asking me to stay late which was weird because she was never in the office she was always having some personal melt down.

Long Long story short, I basically decided to leave the company because its a poorly managed management company. – less

18l3k4pqpb84gapf – April 9, 2014

We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations. Alliance very much values education and career growth — we work hard to provide flexible work schedules that are conducive to associates pursuing both goals. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us in our ongoing efforts to make Alliance one of the best places to work both during and after college, and wish you success in your future endeavors.

Great compensation, bonuses.
Business Manager /Assistant Business Manager (Current Employee), TampaMarch 26, 2014
Good company. Great at developing new procedures for productivity.
Hard to balance personal and business life, too much expected of individuals
Business Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: national presence, training, opportunites for moving around
Cons: overworked, unreasonable expectations, low pay, bonuses have to be fought for, no support
I'm struggling with Alliance right now. As a friend put it, I went from a name to a number in a manner of months. Staff is VERY over-worked, spread too thin and have absolutely unreasonable expectations put on them. People work off the clock constantly just to get things done and even then it's never enough. You will get a pat on the back only to be – more... kicked down at the next turn. Advancement opportunities are there if you are in the "in-crowd" if not then good luck. Applications for inter-transfers are not really considered but the interview you to humor you. They always know who they want to put where and their product has plummeted since joining the company 2 years ago. They have a habit of shorting hours, pretending they care, firing people without giving them legitimate reasons and only giving good offers when someone submits a notice. So much so that employees feel they have to threaten higher ups to even be noticed or feel valued. everything depends on if your manager has your back. They are more concerned with pleasing owners (which is great for owners!) than for their own staff. They will rather fire you and hire someone incompetent if you object to anything. They grew too quickly to provide a decent product and pretty much everyone I know is looking for a new job elsewhere. – less
Grass is greener
Assistant Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2013
I left to see if the grass was green on the other side of the fence. It was the same. Would go back.
You have to be a certain type of person to work here.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 19, 2013
Day to day fine, but no direction, bias management, turn and burn company.
A great place to work!
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Northern UtahNovember 18, 2013
Pros: upward mobility, friendly work environment, great hours!
Cons: days can get long when your on call
Recently retired Air Force and hired on as a maintenance tech. I have a pretty limited building maintenance background. My background is vehicle maintenance but I am very mechanically minded so a lot of the job seems pretty easy. Within a year I was offered a promotion to a maintenance supervisor at a smaller, older property which keeps me pretty busy! – more... My leadership stays engaged and offers support and mentorship when needed. All in all, a great transition to the civilian world and best of all I love working for this company. – less
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: market
love it great pay and great company. Great hours and if you love working with people this is the job for you. It takes strong sales background to be successful
avg work environment
Lead Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great properties, high bonuses
Cons: no advancement, low hourly wage
Leasing Consultant for high traffic houston area property
No advancement opprotunities at all. The company rules by intimidation .
Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta GaNovember 11, 2013
Cons: a bunch to many to name.
This company has a lot of people in key positions and they have no idea of what to do so, everyone is chasing their tail's, they hire maintenance supervisors that are just winging it and training new people the same thing. Leadership there is none, it's a blame game the cure for any problem is to fire you and that starts at the bottom so good luck.
Poor training and VERY high turnover
Project Superintendent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2013
I worked at Alliance for just over a year. The first six or seven months were great. But then they more than quadrupled my workload. They gave me a bit more money, but got rid one of the project managers. They were already short one, then they were short two. The remaining project manager became so over loaded that he smartly got another job. So, they – more... hired two more PM's(still short one) and started overloading them. In the meantime my productivity went down as a result. I received promises of reducing my workload, etc., but it never materialized. I went to H.R. and expressed an interest in staying with the company, but transferring to another position that better suited me. They said that was great, but that too never materialized and a few weeks later I was terminated. I was very disappointed. I had planned on making a career of this company, but, like some of the other reviews stated, only the upper level managers and directors mattered. My director, while intelligent and capable seemed to be out of touch with his lower level managers and was a bottom line guy. Too bad. – less

GretaS – November 26, 2013

We are sorry to hear your experience did not have the final outcome we both had hoped for. Alliance is experiencing substantial growth, and has a fast-paced work environment and high performance expectations as a result. We sincerely value your feedback, as it helps us in our ongoing efforts to make Alliance one of the best places to work, and wish you success in your future endeavors.

Worst company to work for and best example of corporate greed
Business Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 9, 2013
Pros: hard to see any with all the cons
Cons: i could go on and on (along with almost everyone else)
I started last year and the property I took over was the worst mess I've ever seen in a property so new and with the work load they expect you to complete every day, the constant changes, and additions to systems you have to work on, you can never stabilize and get any real progress done that is going to help you and your team on the property.

There – more... is WAY too much nepotism, if you aren't in the right clique, you won't get ahead and they will find reasons to kick you down instead of simply giving you the support you are asking for. The RM in our region is inexperienced, young, and is in way over his head, he has no emotional intelligence or even understands that you have to treat people with respect (and pay them at least up to par with the local economy and industry standards) to keep them. There has been so much turnover this year, they even admit that a bulk of their time is spent staffing their properties.

It is also unfortunate that in order for Alliance to make more money they went after employee bonuses first instead of trying to negotiate new contracts, use new vendors, streamline operations, etc. They initiated a new bonus program that "gives us the potential to make SO much more" but the goals are unattainable, unfair, and your lucky if you get them on time or accurately per the policy. This is just another example of how they try to pull the wool over your eyes while in actuality, are deceiving you. (Why would they change the bonus program right after the 2013 budgets are approved with the old bonus program if they truly thought we were going to make more bonuses that next year? They knew their people would be making less money this year than they did the year before so all of that savings in the payroll category now gets to go in their pockets.)

Me, along with SEVERAL others, are very unhappy and are chomping at the bit to get in with a better company. Does anyone know of one that exists in our industry? We need to form a union for this industry that is for sure.... – less

GretaS – November 25, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear your experience has not met your expectations. Alliance is a fast-growing company — and this exciting time has necessitated a fair amount of change to accommodate expansion. However, our goal is to implement changes in as seamless a manner as possible, and minimize the impact on our associates and communities. We strive to provide a work environment that is pleasant and productive, and offers opportunities for career growth. And, because we believe our associates are our best resource for understanding company culture and making recommendations for improvement, Alliance considers open dialogue to be a company-wide priority. I do encourage you to reach out directly to myself or your manager to discuss this further and explore possible solutions.

Long hours, no trust and favoritism just few things out of many
Community Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: alliance university
Cons: unethical upper management and favoritism
Just to name few issues: favoritism, RM's will accept expensive gifts from vendors(not allowed in company policy), long hours which include working national holidays, and an expectation that you will come in on your days off, etc. It's more about who you know, rather than job performance.
Wonderful company to work for
Leasing Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: cross train for advancement
Wonderful company to work for. Great pay and I worked at a beautiful property.
Nice property to work
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ ( The Venue Appartments )August 31, 2013
Great Coworkers with this Property Management Company.Direct Supervisor had the same work ethics as I.. Repair items correctly the first !!!

1 2 3

About Alliance Residential Company

Alliance Residential found the ultimate ally to manage its property holdings -- itself. The company owns, manages, and redevelops – Read more

Alliance Residential Company Photos