Alliance Security Employee Reviews

Travel a lot.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIApril 17, 2017
Traveled all over the state. But the office was located in another state. I was the only tech in the state that I lived in. The company went through a lot of supervisors and don't bother to tell you that you have a new supervisor. Inventory will ship you the parts and most of the time the inventory the sent was incorrect in return would make your inventory look bad and they won't take the blame. Customer's will be upset with me that I didn't have all of the parts to complete the job. Then the customer would review you as the bad tech on their survey. And then the company would scold you.
Pros
The travel
Cons
Bad management.
productive and fun
LIFESTYLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2017
It was a call center and the typical day was a motivation speech before work and then it as of to the phones for 8 hours calling leads and selling alarm system
Great company but some things are missing
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIApril 6, 2017
Great culture and the company means well but there are too many unqualified individuals that are empowered to make decisions. The company is still growing and I'm sure they will resolve many of these issues with time. Lack of structure and accountability causes a serious amount of ambiguity at the employee level which leads to uncertainty and low job satisfaction. I love the CEO and a lot of the people I work with but there are a select few individuals who need to be removed in order for this company to truly succeed
Validation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at Alliance is maintaining a low queue hold time, answering emails, skypes, running credit, checking deeds making sure customers qualify for our promotions. We also make sure our technicians run maps and fits protocol and fit the state licensing requirements.
Good environmen/ Excepting
National Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoy working for such a diverse environment, that still has the cooperate feel to it. I like the culture that the company also brings to its employees. Its a family feel- workplace
Pros
401K PTO
Cons
only Annual Reviews
Service billing (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 18, 2016
Alliance Security is a great company, very big on growth and is like a big family. Helps alot of people to make sure there homes are secured.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  nationwideNovember 16, 2016
Good company and dynamic. Compensation is fair. Some very long days, sometimes 16 hours plus. Have to use own vehicle and averaging 1000 miles a week driving to and from jobs. Hourly pay with very low commission opportunities.
Pros
Organized, dynamic
Cons
Long hours, use own vehicle and tools
Alliance
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandOctober 21, 2016
Great place to work, amazing people, coaches are great and super helpful. But simetimes they push too much sometimes.for example when on the phone with custumers they oush you to say something that makes you lose the sell and then they blame you.
Pros
Positive atmostphere
Cons
Cheaters
Providing security for Families
Field Service Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 8, 2016
Providing products and service to helo families and customers to feel more secure in there homes and workplaces.
Company is driven to provide the services, products and technology as the business is always changing.
its a full time job..
Funding Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of downloading customers contracts, processing their account along with the payment and credit report. Repeating this process at least 80-90 times a day. I also mailed and emailed customers copies of their contract with Alliance Security. As well as mailing pre-filled contracts to customers home to sign and mail back to us.

What I learned most was how to be self independent, How to work alone. I feel before this job sometimes I leaned on others more then necessary. I learned at Alliance Security I could do anything on my own as long as I gave it 110%

Management was ok. I had a couple issues.

The hardest part of my job was working the long shifts. 9-10 hours a day on the computer can really exhaust you.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely my co-workers. I made a lot of friends in the year that I was there. Some life long friends that I will always keep in touch with. For that I am grateful!
Pros
Co - workers flexible work schedule
Cons
pay, benefits, no holiday pay, treatment
Very Hostile work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RIAugust 16, 2016
not able to move up in company, no deserved raises, poor recantation. loved working here at first but then you start to feel unappreciated, and then once you do ask for a raise they want to see MORE DATA - once you show them the deals you save, the people you sell equipment too.. still no raise, nor money for clearing and saving account...
Its a Job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2016
Get your work orders the night before
drive to the first job
continue till your done
what i learned is how to install alarm equipment such as simon xt/xti, 2 gig, 5100/5200 lynx touch

learned how to be outgoing on the job, it taught me how to relate to people more. made me a peoples person to be unafraid to just talk to people.

this was a solo job more or less and had very little communication with co-workers.

the hardest part of the job was dealing with the amount of kicks or no homes this company has/had.

i did enjoy the job for the mere fact that i was doing something new and moving around and not staying at 1 place for too long
Pros
gas was paid
Cons
allot of driving and using your own car over 1k a week is not unheard of
Great management
Onboarding Agent (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 27, 2016
Been working here for about a year and a half and it is pretty good, there are so many departments to work for. There is a spot for anyone and everyone.
Fun and Productive workplace
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2016
Great People Great Leaders I was there for 7 years and they wanted me to relocate. Thats the only reason for leaving. Normal work day would be from 11-8pm,
Pros
Fun
Cons
relocating
Ok work environment
Telecommunication Manager/ Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 24, 2016
Alot of politics
grossly under paid
Management made it difficult to do our jobs
great co workers
Smoke area
No real benefit to working there.
Only Good as a Temporary Job Only
Billing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 3, 2016
If you are looking for a quick job until you find another job then this is a good fit. The pay is not good and they do not value the employees who actually do work. They promote the wrong people and management says they are working on fixing the company and that it will take time however they show that they are still stuck in their own ways and continue to reward the people who do not pull their weight. The hours are good depending on what department you are in. The people are great however we are there to work and it should be a work environment not a fraternity social event. They also have a terrible turn around time in regards to HR and explaining your benefits. I was there for months before I knew they offered benefits such as health insurance and 401k, and I had exceeded the enrollment time because I found out about these benefits were available when the enrollment time was over.
Pros
Hours, people, and location
Cons
Pay, management
Energetic and hectic work enviorment
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at this employer was having a meeting each morning before starting our day to get everyone into good spirits. This was the most enjoyable part of the day to me. Then I would make outbound calls to potential clients regarding alarm systems for their homes. Overall it was a fast past environment.
Great place to weork
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 17, 2015
Great place to work. Management takes care of their employees. Various shifts and sites to work. Great company to try and advance a security career with.
Pros
Company cars and flexible schedules
Cons
Low Pay
Productive & very reliable fun team environment
Security Alarm (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIDecember 6, 2015
Fun work place with excellent supportive management. Strong supportive team, always willing to help explain. You learn how to put yourself in someone else's shoes, for instance; angry customer calls, you're able to remain calm & discuss the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to schedule same-day services & satisfy the customer.
A lot of alone time to focus on my priorities.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 30, 2015
Not enough money or hours. The hours spent were cold and their was no facilities. I took the job because I needed to do something to try and make my ends meet. I found that I was only paying for gas and not getting ahead. That alone time made me realize I need a real Job.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9