Alliance Security Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and Productive workplace
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2016
Great People Great Leaders I was there for 7 years and they wanted me to relocate. Thats the only reason for leaving. Normal work day would be from 11-8pm,
Pros
Fun
Cons
relocating
Only Good as a Temporary Job Only
Billing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 3, 2016
If you are looking for a quick job until you find another job then this is a good fit. The pay is not good and they do not value the employees who actually do work. They promote the wrong people and management says they are working on fixing the company and that it will take time however they show that they are still stuck in their own ways and continue to reward the people who do not pull their weight. The hours are good depending on what department you are in. The people are great however we are there to work and it should be a work environment not a fraternity social event. They also have a terrible turn around time in regards to HR and explaining your benefits. I was there for months before I knew they offered benefits such as health insurance and 401k, and I had exceeded the enrollment time because I found out about these benefits were available when the enrollment time was over.
Pros
Hours, people, and location
Cons
Pay, management
Energetic and hectic work enviorment
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at this employer was having a meeting each morning before starting our day to get everyone into good spirits. This was the most enjoyable part of the day to me. Then I would make outbound calls to potential clients regarding alarm systems for their homes. Overall it was a fast past environment.
Great place to weork
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 17, 2015
Great place to work. Management takes care of their employees. Various shifts and sites to work. Great company to try and advance a security career with.
Pros
Company cars and flexible schedules
Cons
Low Pay
Productive & very reliable fun team environment
Security Alarm (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIDecember 6, 2015
Fun work place with excellent supportive management. Strong supportive team, always willing to help explain. You learn how to put yourself in someone else's shoes, for instance; angry customer calls, you're able to remain calm & discuss the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to schedule same-day services & satisfy the customer.
A lot of alone time to focus on my priorities.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 30, 2015
Not enough money or hours. The hours spent were cold and their was no facilities. I took the job because I needed to do something to try and make my ends meet. I found that I was only paying for gas and not getting ahead. That alone time made me realize I need a real Job.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours
Installation Tech
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2015
The pay was great if you work hard. However, be prepared to work late hours and not have much family time. The company is changing, but I feel they are moving to fast for their own good. It felt they didn't care much for the techs out in the fields that are working hard and spending time away from family.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Late hours, a lot of driving
Low paying company
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 10, 2015
The company pays their employees dirt money some of my colleagues starts at $9/hr while the bosses are driving expensive luxury cars with big houses. They say that they care for their employees but after over a year, there is no sick time, which means if your sick and don't come in you're not paid. They promise you the world but when you're in, you're on your own. There is no proper training, you sit on your desk and try to figure things on your own and if you make a mistake you get reprimanded. The pros though is you get free lunch occasionally instead of getting bonuses. So if you want to work in a company and be stuck in your position for the longest time, you can work for Alliance. You will meet good friends though.
Pros
Free occasional lunch
Cons
No personal days, no sick time, no bonuses, no promotions
Fun place to work
Life Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TXOctober 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working for alliance with it being my first sales job. I was top in sales 4 weeks in a row and was promoted only 5 months after starting.
Pros
environment, coworkers
Cons
Job security
exciting, fun, cheerful, great team work, great managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 22, 2015
My job here at Alliance Security was too provide my over the phone customers with the best information to help them decide if their home is safe and protected.
Pros
Team work was a must, everyone was happy and motivated
Cons
Small Facility
good environment
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Its a nice place to work, and up - beat staff. managers are friendly and so are the co workers. the best thing is that they give you motivation to get more sell by their commission system
Flexible hours easy to manage
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAJuly 14, 2015
If you want a job with flexible hours this would work for you. Be advised though the payment isn't good it varies by location but honestly for my particular duties taking care of 4 buildings risking being shot at night for only $10 bucks an hour isn't worth it even on a fulltime position your not making anything to really pay off bills im more in debt because I can hardly afford anything
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
Pay isnt enough for the risk your taking
Poor job
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2015
A typical day was driving all over to install alarm systems. I would have to drive a 100 mile radius from my house to complete a job. I learned how to wire systems, drill holes into walls, and explain how to use the system to customers. Management was horrible, they lied to me about almost everything. I didn't have co-works, I worked on my own and could only call into the office to talk to someone if I needed help. The hardest part of the job was sitting and waiting for a customer after driving hours to get to their home. Even still they may not even want the system and you wasted gas to get there. I really didn't have an enjoyable part at this job.
Co workers and Customers made this environment worth working in.
Closer/Customer Service/ Quality Control Assurance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2015
The thing I liked the most about this job is the ability to control my money and the peers that surround you. At times the customers were on edge but it made the job more challenging and once I got over that there was no stopping me.
Pros
free pizza on occassion
Cons
short breaks and if you work overtime you get the same pay rate.
A lot of driving to customers homes who did not want the product.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Company would have the sales team send you to homes of people who did not order the product. The drive time could be 1 to 2 hours. Field techs were not allowed to call ahead.
Pros
sales staff was great.
Cons
company policies all about the bottom dollar.
not very professionnal
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 17, 2015
very immature people that worked in the sales department. Took advantage of elderly people. Rap music was played everyday. In the Customer Care department, management was good. The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Great Customer service department.
Tech Solutions Specialist/Customer Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 26, 2014
Small company with a larger customer base. Very good work culture through out the company.
Pros
great employees
Cons
frequent changes and small work force to client ratio
Stable company with a wonderful outlook and endless opportunites
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 4, 2014
Alliance provides the skills and the resources to become not just an installer, but an alarm technician. Aside from the pure joy of protecting families, being a technician guarantees opportunities to advance and get paid doing so. With the help the managers and scheduling coordinators, a balance between job and personal life becomes very reasonable.
Pros
benefits, compensation, work environment
decent pay
Regional Technician (Current Employee) –  NY, NY, CT, PASeptember 24, 2014
this company needs to better take care of their employess, as far as reimbursements and paying for mileage
Work/Family Life No Balance
field service tech (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 8, 2014
Working 6 days a week sometimes 7. Leaving the house around 6-7 and getting home after midnight. One job being 4-5 hours away from the other. The scheduling is not consistant. Some of your day you are doing service calls driving 3 hours away from home and only getting compensated a $50 added to your check. You do not get a company car or gas card. One month I totaled over 4000 miles on my truck. Gas would range between $150-250 a week with you have to come out of pocket for. Great secuirty system just wish it was more balanced and managed a little better. If your not in need of money and stable already you could work here. But if your living paycheck to paycheck then probably not.
Pros
reimbursements
Cons
lots of miles, long hours.