Alliance Shippers Employee Reviews in United States

Productive working environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 7, 2015
Processed over 100 plus deliveries for the different distributors and companies I was assigned to daily. I learned a lot about the accounting side of shipping businesses, and the type of paper work and computer programs that are used to process shipping deliveries and payments. Management was professional, and very understanding. The hardest part of the job was communicating with the different companies regarding needed paperwork in order to release shipments. Sometimes management needed to step in to help receive what was needed.
Pros
Flexible hours, free lunch on occasion
Cons
Working with companies with no effort or communication
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  salinas, caMarch 1, 2014
but it was very informative and nice learning experience. bosses are cool, very understanding of schedules and lives, flexible schedule.
Friendly
Inter-modal Customer Support supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSMay 10, 2013
very friendly relation were between coworkers.
I have managed to computerized the dispatched process.
Holidays with the carriers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 13, 2013
Learned to be a team player. Helped others when needed. Hardest part was trying to set up empty trailers with customers.
Pros
holidays with carriers
Worst Company Ever!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJJune 1, 2012
I do not recommend anyone seek employment with this company. I'm sure if the health inspector came into the building it would be condemned immediately, aside from filth, everything is falling apart and management couldn't provide sufficient paper towels and toilet paper to get through the day. The morale of the company is rock bottom, every employee is miserable, the management treats the employees like children. Rather than finding out ways to improve morale, management just says "you know where the door is". I was let go for taking my sick child to the doctor.
Pros
our department had bagels on fridays
Cons
management, environment
Quiet Office Enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJMay 31, 2012
Small family oriented company, Very quiet. Not much opportunity to have a career.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no medical insurance
Ok
Dispatch Operations-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 31, 2012
Shipping company. Large, offices throughout US. A lot of management. Nice, modern office. Co-workers are nice. Fast paced.
Pros
decent pay, benefits.
Cons
crowded office.