Alliance Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Preferred Staffing (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYApril 13, 2016
A work day is for me Is I go in and get to work I have leaned how to do a lot of stuff I never been in management I always get along with people I work with the hardest part of my job was walking a lot but it was okay . I enjoyed everything I have a thing wrong with I like to find out answers because my brain think different then other I get stuff backwards I also can sleep that good but I always love fixing problems.
Pros
free lucnh
Cons
short breaks
Very productive and busy
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 23, 2016
Great company that is 100% stands along side of their employees, no matter what the outcome of a situation may be! Wonderful Staff and eager to always help.
Professional and fun fast paced company with great employees
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 7, 2016
A typical work day required showing up on time ready to begin. The day began with a flow chart and the basics tasks we were required to complete. Trash, floors, etc. After those were completed we were given the additional request to complete given to us by the company. Management was excellent. Communication was open and direct and i never experienced any payroll or scheduling issues. Co workers worked diligently and were professional and helpful.
Pros
bonuses and free training
Cons
very few holidays
Temp Service
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 9, 2016
Typical temporary service they will get you work if they have it and the companies they go through are average. The staff is very friendly and helpful and will work with you if you're not happy.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJanuary 1, 2016
If running a machine that day I would have to set up the machine for the job for the day we made sand cores. Some days I would load trucks or get material to all the machine.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
Got laid off
Left for my health. Too much stress for not enough pay. Unsafe work conditions. No improvement forseable in the near future.
Rehabilitation Program (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 22, 2015
Under paid, under appreciated, unsafe, employee retention is terrible, unqualified staff put into very risky positions.
Pros
clients are great and you are helping people
Cons
everything
I loved my job!!!
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILNovember 24, 2015
Very awesome, clean & well organized work place. There was a wonderful chemistry amongst the employees which caused for an awesome workplace experience.
Sales and Service Business
Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJOctober 26, 2015
The company sells and maintains shuttles, school buses, limousines,
trolleys, coach buses, handicap accessible vehicles, and mobility. They have a large parts and service business.They have been in business for over thirty eight years. The original owner had a school bus fleet and had contracts with local schools and different municipalities.
Over the years and generations it evolved into a bus dealership, parts and service.
Management is always constant there was a little turn over with office help.
The company was sold a few years ago and it has become a corporation with numerous locations thru out the United States.
The hardest part of the job was getting a raise.
The best part of the job was when you finished and accomplished
what the day had set out for you.
Pros
Cake on your birthday. Made some life time friends.
Cons
When it became a corporation many people were let go.
fun workplace
Customer service rep/ service writer (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CASeptember 24, 2015
I learned a lot there. I enjoyed talking about cars. I learned a lot about cars.The hardest part was explaining, that with cars there not an quick and easy fix.
Great Job!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIJuly 6, 2015
Probably the best job (including volunteer work) Ive ever had! Love my clients and Love my bosses. Everyone is wonderful and so caring! The only downer is the hours. I don't personally think I get enough to make ends meet. Because I have only hammy license for a year I don't get paid gas milage (I am unable to bring clients anywhere). Only down fall. The pay is fair, I do think it could be a little higher but because of how many hours they give you it makes sense.
Pros
Gas milage (for 2 years plus license), Great work place
Cons
hours (short 2hours each)
long time ago
Tractor Trailer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2015
I am not sure if it is still like it was. Typical team driving CDL A job , easy as appointments were kept at major airports and air fraight is usually loaded and unloaded swiftly
Pros
just driving, no hassle
Cons
no regular home time
I would recommend Alliance to new externs looking for experience
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2015
Alliance is a great place to get experience. It gave me the opportunity to utilize the tools I learned in school and apply them in real life situations.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln Park, NJFebruary 26, 2015
It's a great place to work with friendly faces and a small business atmosphere with a large business impact. Management is endearing and supportive.
Great employer
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 7, 2015
Great place to work. I have been here about 5 years and have no complaints. I am just looking for supplementary income at this time.
Pros
awesome job
Good place to work and very flexible.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 30, 2014
In my time of being with Gateway/Alliance, they are a company that is willing to help in any way they can. They realize that you have family and things happen. I love the fact that they have been so flexible and always makes sure that your kids come first. I have some amazing co-workers and we all look out for each other. There is great management and they show they care about their employees. Hardest part of the job is having to watch our foster kids go from home to home because their parents couldn't be responsible.
Pros
1 hour lunches and vacation time
Cons
n/a
purpose filled job
Licenced Foster Parent for Special needs children (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 12, 2014
very good teamwork and excellent managment team.looking out for the best interest of children
good work experience
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALOctober 14, 2014
I enjoyed working for Alliance at Smart Alabama LLC. It was 12 hours a day and sometimes 7 days a week. I liked my boss which worked for Guyoung Tech. We worked great together and it was a fast paced work area so the 12 hours mostly went by fast. The hardest part of the job was it was working in the heat. There was no air and was terribly hot. My co-workers were amazing. There was some drama filled days but most days were like you was with your family. I made some life long friends because of this job.
Pros
the checks were good
Cons
it was hot, i needed some insurance but never got it. my "assignment" ended 2 weeks after my 90 days.
pretty good work enviornment and people
Waiter (Former Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 8, 2014
the best part of this job is that even though it is fast paced it is a pretty relaxed place to work.
Pros
half off of any thing you buy in the bistro
Cons
some events youll need a car
Challenging along with a lesson,,
Assistant Facilities Director (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 24, 2014
A great place to work with some of the best carpenters in the area.....
Fun work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 13, 2014
A typical day at work started with me cleaning windows and taking out trash. Followed by maintaining the cleanliness of common areas and watering plants. I learned how to maintain a good pace and get work done at the same time. All my co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the move-ins that happened every few months. The most enjoyable part of the job was making things look nice and presentable.