AllianceOne Employee Reviews

Sweeper Operator
Sweeper (Current Employee) –  Farmville, VAAugust 18, 2017
A typical night is layed back. Machine running good, and everyone shows up on time. The hardest part is when the machines break down , and you have to gather the tobacco out of the machine.
Stay Away
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 13, 2017
The employees are either high or drunk at work. Management does not care about you what so ever. The company appears to be going under. There are way more empty seat then in the office then full ones. Even when you hit your goals you get very little commission. The micro management there is unheard of. There has been a number of office people leaving there jobs. I am not sure if they know something we don't or not.
Pros
flexiable work hours
Cons
See Above
Fun to work
Customer Service/Reservation agent (Former Employee) –  Freeport Montego bayAugust 13, 2017
It was great working at alliance one its just that the pay was no good at all the staff was treated grate the managers was respectful and kind and work related ethics was on point
Alliance One is a great place to help develop good work practices.
QC PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Farmville, NCAugust 13, 2017
Alliance One offers opportnity for gainfull employement that helps develop positive, lasting work ethics required for future and advances employment. I like the fact that the company offers opportunity to people who have made mistakes in life to reenter to the workforce and advance to better opportunities.
Pros
Vacation check, promotion within company first
Cons
seasonal
Its an alright job
Collector (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 2, 2017
take inbound and make outbound calls
work over the phone with people to resolve accounts
Negotiate with people
type and closely listen to people
work with a deadline on goals

i have switched supervisors a few different times because of the work environment and there are constant changes in the type of work but i have gotten along with all of them. i go to work and do my job.
Pros
breaks
Cons
misleading
Picker (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCJuly 31, 2017
sit down and pick out the trash, stick and bad tobacco it can get bored and makes you tired and sleepy I enjoy the fact that you can sit down and work
Recognized for strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines. Outgoing, articulate individua
clerical staff (Former Employee) –  Farmville, NCJuly 28, 2017
Alliance one was a company that treated everyone like family I loved my the plant manager he was awesome. I would tell another person to apply for the position and tell them Tracy Thigpen you.
Pros
Company was for family first .
Cons
Worked a lot of over/time
picking tobacco
Picking (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 27, 2017
picking and sorting tobacco
how to pick tobacco
management was good as long as work was done
hard labor
standing up all day
enjoyed the management
Pros
the hours/wage
Cons
short breaks, breathing in tobacco
commision based job ,very fun to work at
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 18, 2017
I learned customer service.hardest part of the job was hitting a quota for the month.Typical day at work was fun,everyone helped one another and management was very nice
Pros
you could eat at your desk
Cons
Job went out of business
Great place to work and learn
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 17, 2017
Atypical day at work is collecting payments for durable medical equipment, Learned how to navigate systems take payments, resolve issues, de escalate payment issues, great management, great people to work with, hardest part of job was getting cussed out every day, the most enjoyable part was learning.
Pros
payed to teach you.
Cons
getting cussed out

Want to know more about AllianceOne?

Ask a question
it's not flipping burgers...
Collector (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJuly 15, 2017
You'll learn a lot of useful skills like how to work in a high volume call center, how to take notes and answer calls, how to use a DOS centered program, how to deescalate, and how to work within strict bounds of a call script.

But the base pay is minimum wage and you only get commission if you make your numbers which depend on what clients you are collecting for and what type of debt is on your desk.

The Compliance list for what can and can't be said or given over the phone gets stricter by the day and depending on the offense you could be out after one or two major things.

The benefits aren't that great either--and expensive.
There's also no room for advancement except for lateral movement.
great place
Picker (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 8, 2017
it is a good place to work and you get good hours.. other than that its the perfect job..i just wish that it was year round instead of seasonal because you will be laid off when the season ends or drawing unemployment in which thats not enough to pay bills with if u have a household
Pros
na
Cons
short breakds
job review
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 4, 2017
this is a good place to work just don't be late ever even if u been there for 40 yrs they will fire you. I've seen it happen to a lot of people so be on time.
Good working environment
SAP ECC 6.0 FI/CO -Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 4, 2017
Great people and feels like family. The vision of IT dept was very good from management perspective. Involved quite a bit of travel but worth it as you get to meet people from various cultures .
Pros
Great people and good work life balance
Cons
a bit old schooled
Terrible and Stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 22, 2017
No job security and is very stressful. They will fire you when you less expected and would blink a eye about it. The supervisors there are always on your back and you cannot relax and do your job.
Pros
paid vac after 6months
Cons
no job security and terrible management
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 21, 2017
I enjoy working there. The work is fast paced. They have alot of changes for advancement. The supervisors aren't just telling ypu what to do. They actually take the time to help if work is backed up or if someone just need a little help.
Allaince One For One
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 9, 2017
When I worked at alliance one I was never assure my position as agent I never felt comfortable everything was always changing for the worse with every change that was made in the two years I spent with the company from the way the employee was treated the befits and rewards to the lack of work company started loosing clients and couldn't afford the staff and had to let go of employees no one ever felt secure or relax. Everyday was a hustle you had to do your 100% everyday to make it through each month
Fun employees horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 8, 2017
I worked there for a while and was one of the most knowledgeable agents on my team. After the company lost a bigger client they had to get rid of people from all departments and move some people around. They had put people in a ranking system to decide who to keep and let go based on performance, attendance etc. I ended up being let go because I went on medical leave a few months prior and they counted that against me when they did the ranking system which put me towards the bottom and kept people who did not do their job, still could not work the system or note accounts correctly and had very little knowledge on basic everyday tasks after being there for quite some time. Management definitely played favoritism with a lot of people and the gossip about the employees coming from management was constant and extremely unprofessional.
Pros
I liked alot of people i worked with
Cons
Management, no job security no matter how good of a worker you are
It can be fun at times
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 7, 2017
It can be fun at times but I wish upper management would treat us with more respect talk to us with more respect and give us the raises we are owed and listen and be there every time we need help
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Health care benefits are too expensive no raises crazy hours
Productive work environment, good team, great experience
Cs Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montegobay st jamesJune 5, 2017
Alliance one is a great BPO sector. We are all about team work, everyone had a fair chance at showing their skills and potential, great environment with great hard-working men and women
Pros
Okay salarly, good benefits
Cons
Limited space

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AllianceOne. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9