Alliant Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits
Sr. Member Payment Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2016
Alliant offer their employees great benefits which includes four weeks or more paid time off, 401K match, college tuition reimbursement, and health & wellness benefits. it is a casual work environment and most employees are friendly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and Fast Paced Work Day
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2014
A typical day at work involves processing the online application channels while managing incoming call volume. Processing loan applications via phone, email, internet and fax. Closing loans while selling products and offering other services and benefits to clients. The best part of the job is laid back friendly environment as well as the casual relationship with management and team members. The hardest part of the job is managing over 150 applications a day between 10 people while in addition to this trying to increase membership and business, opening new accounts, verifying income, clearing identity fraud and doing the job of 4 people in a role for only one person.
Pros
great benefits, 5 weeks of vacation
Cons
long distance from home, work life balance
Great Employees , Small Company
Member Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJune 1, 2015
Co-Workers, Staff, Management at the Credit Union is very friendly, responsive, and focused.
The Credit Union business as a whole is a bit lagging compared to today's standards.
Horrible place to work
aaabbbccc (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 19, 2013
Management allows the same people to be late everyday. When the late employees finally arrive, they don't immediately start working. They sign in, get coffee, and chit chat with other co-workers for over an hour (Not exaggerating sometimes for 3hrs). Management passes their duties onto their employees so that they can walk around all day and talk to their "Friends at work." When talking with other employees of the company at lunch/in the break room/passing by in the halls, they all feel the same way and feel stuck at the company. No one is happy to work there. Some of the go to departments are the lowest paid in the company. Without them, the company would no survive. They're not appreciated! No room for advancement! The CFO is so stuck up that she will not acknowledge you even if you make eye contact with her and say "Hi, how are you?" Given special projects to work on throughout the year to enhance the systems for employees and members. The project will be delayed all year and then management will tell you it has to be completed by the end of the year to meet your goals with only 1-3months left to work on it. Most projects that get started don't even get completed in a year if you have all year to work on it. Some have been going on for over 5yrs.
Cons
everything
Alliant has a great Respect principal value
Mortgage Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2012
Alliant has a good work/life balance program, getting promotions is very low, management needs improvement.
Poor Management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
Management has no clue as to what tasks are that need to be done and only "manage" a ew peopel in their group all others are buddies and time cards are fixed etc.
Cons
Bad / non-coverage and expensive Healthcare Plan
A decent conservative place to work
Sr. Residential Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2013
Management is not too kin to listen to your suggestions. Otherwise, a decent place to work.
benefits
Cons
too archaic
Only a contract employee
Correspondent Coordinator (Former Employee) –  rosemontJuly 27, 2014
The company seemed great but I was only a contract employee.
Pros
excellent work life balance
Cons
too many contract employees with no chance of being permanant
Great place to work!
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2014
The people are really nice and great place to learn more about your field. The management team is amazing, they really care about you being a part of the team and developing your skills.
Enjoyed working in my department with interal and external members
Transaction Processing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILJanuary 4, 2012
I would recommend this company their are alot of nice people and the benefits are good
Pros
hour lunches and good benefits
Cons
signing in and out when arriving and leaving work
Company tries
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 24, 2014
The company as a whole tries to make it a good work place. Good benefits.
Made new friends not just co-workers...it was crazy in a good way
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago-O'HareApril 30, 2013
Work with Online applications (open for a savings account sometimes with checking), also review the one that where denied reason why & letter was sent.
Review w/chexsystems & Equifax. Respond with calls/emails from co-workers & members/customers.
We also worked with:
Beneficiaries
Account Owner Changes
Accoun number changes
Balance end of the day
Check Orders
Create procedures
Traning
Verify work (verify other co-workers work & sign out)
Work with incoming mail, we had 24 hours to finish our work. It use to 2-3 days limit then it was changed to 24 hours. Which it was hard at time when its only a department of 8 people. If we had training , meeting id does take away of our daily duties there was not brake. I couldn’t complain we had a good team we all had our strengths and we had our favorite subject to do. It may sound silly & we don’t admit it. I have provided the list we use to do which I think it was a lot but keep us on our toes.
Pros
i have been there for 12 years & felt like friends
Cons
nothing is forever...was let go department was changing
Good Company
ATM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2014
Good Company. Just too long of a drive. Good management. great co-workers.
Busniess, Member focused
Branch Relationship Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 7, 2013
Responsible for delivering excellence as a member advocate and upholding the CARES model in all aspects of serving Alliant’s members. Consistently Utilizing the “needs based” approach to build and expand member relationships, whereby product solutions and services are recommended to the member
based on and identified need.
Productive Work Enviroment
Call Center Representive (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 24, 2014
Worked in Busy call center within pressured setting to answer questions and resolve banking issues.
fun place to work at had driffenet activty
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2013
full time job answering phone all day helping customer with ther account or transfering fun from one to other account. got well co work had good friends .the hard job partime was daycare center.
Pros
walks in the park
Cons
health
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was the challenges and working with great colleagues
its work friendly and work life balance.
Mortgage Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2012
Its a nice to work, there's some really good people there. Its work friendly.