Alliant Insurance Services Employee Reviews

No Room For Growth and Below Market Wages
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTAugust 10, 2017
PROS:
The employees and management are friendly and staff is about 90% female. The office is clean and workspace is comfortable.

CONS:
The office in Cheshire, CT has no room for growth as 75% or more of the employees have been here for over 15 years with no change or incentive for retirement (pension). There is no formal training you have to learn the job as you go and hope you can grasp the full scope having made several errors that become your responsibility to correct, hence doing the same job twice. The pay is under market for the cost of living in Connecticut and there is no option to work overtime. You will need to have either a second job or a second source of income from someone other than yourself in order to make a 'living'. Overall, it's a dead end opportunity and the company depends on keeping their outsourced contracts in order to keep the business going. Lay-offs are inevitable and unforeseen as payroll is the companies biggest expense. Down-sizing on staff is the first option and throwing the undone tasks on the remaining staff becomes normal practice. Lastly, the job is also very tedious and stressful for the amount you take home.
Good people very friendly atmosphere
Commercial Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
All three companies were great to work for. The people were very nice to work with. Everyone was helpful if you didn't understand something. All three companies assisted in continuing education.
Pros
Just a nice place to work
Cons
None really
Happy, well-adjusted workplace
Technical Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 9, 2017
Alliant at Newport Beach is staffed by confident, happy people. The culture is friendly and open, yet serious. There is work to be done, and everybody seems to understand that things will go smoothly if you behave professionally. Really, there is nothing exciting or special about Alliant, but it is stable, reasonable work in a calm office environment.
Pros
Frequent employee appreciation (free food happenings), Stability, Proximity to airport
Cons
Proximity to airport, Dullness
Great company to work for
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2017
Great company to work for, smaller in size but opportunities are available. provide great traing for employees, and also wishes to partner with them in their development.
Employment with Alliant
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
Fast pace environment
Claims and Kidnapping and Ransom Policies
Fair and helpful
different
Working from home
Being around the Brokers and Producers, having the ability to work with a small work group
Awesome People
accounting (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 8, 2017
Awesome people and work environment with a great work/life Balance. Management is very friendly and accommodating. The alternative work week schedule allows for great balance.
Pros
Holiday Hours
Cons
advancement oppurtunity
Great Company
Regional Claims Director (Former Employee) –  Boston MassOctober 27, 2015
Enjoyed my time with them. Was beneficial to my growth as an insurance professional. Work was always challenging and productive.
hires slow, fires fast
Associate Producer, Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 21, 2015
This company does not provide training or resources to it's SEAL program employees. They give a lot of false promises then do not deliver. Beware.
Ggreat place to work!!!
Parttime Data entry/ clerical/mailroom assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJuly 31, 2015
This office is a great place to work and allows me to use my computer and office skills. I feel challenged and stimulated every day
Pros
Friendly associates
Warning!! Don't ever work at the Houston location
P&C (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2015
Beware! This location is ran by an incompetent operations manager. What does that mean? She is an air head that doesn't know anything...when she opens her mouth it is straight BS. Furthermore, it is her job to ensure that the accounts are balanced equally among all the teams, however she has failed miserably and doesn't care. She is hardly at work and when she is, its only for a couple of hours so she could NEVER be effective as a "leader." In addition, the operations manager allows the tenured producers to run the office...not good because they are a clique and anyone outside their clique is beneath them. They hire all their friends with no insurance experience, and offer them more money than the existing employees with experience. Lastly, this location has the most disrespectful and unprofessional people that I have ever worked with in my entire life. They are condescending, belittling, and rude, but when reported to HR, the standard reply is "I'm sure he/she was just having a bad day." In actually, they have been reported NUMEROUS times for creating a hostile working environment, but they are still allowed to remain employed with the company. Anyone who is considering working at the Houston location, RUN very far away...their turnover rate is astronomical!!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, Rude, Underpaid, Cliques
Never a dull day
Assistant Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 15, 2015
A typical day at work includes wearing many hats, switching from one thing to another at the drop of a hat. The most enjoyable part of the job is the summer events that the company provides the employees. I have learned a lot about myself and my work habits and I have become more organized by working at Alliant Insurance.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
healthcare is poor high deductibles $2, 000.00 single person
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Small office of a few underwriters. I assisted the underwriters in simple clerical duties. It was quiet and very organized.
Good company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
California based company with a lot of great people. With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services.
Company with NO morals
New Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2014
Really, my opinion is based on the actions of a few ...but it these few that I must continue to work with on a daily basis. I was called fat by my manager and told to lose weight. I was also told that I looked like a "nerd" and that people will judge me. I also know of RAMPANT dishonest activities among management in the office. Oh and to top it off..they cant figure out our pay AND the benefits are TERRIBLE.
Pros
Base, money money money
Cons
culture, management, morals
Alliant Insurance Services has been a great employer.
Commercial Lines Manager/Marketing/Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2014
I would not be looking for another job except the producer of our agency resigned and left on 1/2/14. He was the only producer.
Pros
Great Benefits
Company where you can advance, nice not to be micro managed, easy to talk with managers.
Assistant Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 10, 2013
Great company if you work in another divison
Marketing/PR (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 8, 2013
Alliant is a great company to work for and the opportunities for advancement are there, however, the marketing communications and PR group is poorly managed. There are some good points, but this is a job that you take at your own professional peril.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Marketing and PR team is poorly managed
Professional and enjoyable workplace
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 1, 2013
Working for Alliant Insurance Services was a great experience. Management and clients were always professional and they truly took care of their employees with corporate team building events and holiday parties. The understanding was that if we worked hard, it would always pay off.
Productive Workplace
Administrative/Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 17, 2013
At Alliant Insurance Services, I am responsible for frequently conducting webinars, surveys & email blasts. As well, I work very closely with the Communications Team to deliver revised print/web materials to clients with expediency. Additionally, I am simultaneously managing excel spreadsheets & PowerPoint presentations for various client teams.

One aspect of my job that I especially like, is researching and learning new ways to evaluate methods to improve our current systems. My experience at Alliant Insurance Services has allowed me to further my skills in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office. I have sought out opportunities to deepen my knowledge on SEO best practices, as well as begin to learn basic HTML.
Good company to work for.
Computer Support - Life Department (Former Employee) –  Life DepartmentMarch 2, 2012
Alliant was one of five names that I worked for. Kachler Corp. was the company I first worked for; then the owner sold it and it became HCC Employment Benefits. Sold again, name changed to Capital Risk. Capital Risk was part of Jardine, Lloyd, Thompson and the name was changed to JLT. Alliant is the current company name. Good salary and benefits.
Pros
working for alliant was a great experience.