Alliant Insurance Services Employee Reviews

Great Company
Regional Claims Director (Former Employee) –  Boston MassOctober 27, 2015
Enjoyed my time with them. Was beneficial to my growth as an insurance professional. Work was always challenging and productive.
hires slow, fires fast
Associate Producer, Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 21, 2015
This company does not provide training or resources to it's SEAL program employees. They give a lot of false promises then do not deliver. Beware.
Ggreat place to work!!!
Parttime Data entry/ clerical/mailroom assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJuly 31, 2015
This office is a great place to work and allows me to use my computer and office skills. I feel challenged and stimulated every day
Pros
Friendly associates
Warning!! Don't ever work at the Houston location
P&C (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2015
Beware! This location is ran by an incompetent operations manager. What does that mean? She is an air head that doesn't know anything...when she opens her mouth it is straight BS. Furthermore, it is her job to ensure that the accounts are balanced equally among all the teams, however she has failed miserably and doesn't care. She is hardly at work and when she is, its only for a couple of hours so she could NEVER be effective as a "leader." In addition, the operations manager allows the tenured producers to run the office...not good because they are a clique and anyone outside their clique is beneath them. They hire all their friends with no insurance experience, and offer them more money than the existing employees with experience. Lastly, this location has the most disrespectful and unprofessional people that I have ever worked with in my entire life. They are condescending, belittling, and rude, but when reported to HR, the standard reply is "I'm sure he/she was just having a bad day." In actually, they have been reported NUMEROUS times for creating a hostile working environment, but they are still allowed to remain employed with the company. Anyone who is considering working at the Houston location, RUN very far away...their turnover rate is astronomical!!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, Rude, Underpaid, Cliques
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Small office of a few underwriters. I assisted the underwriters in simple clerical duties. It was quiet and very organized.
Good company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
California based company with a lot of great people. With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services.
Company with NO morals
New Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2014
Really, my opinion is based on the actions of a few ...but it these few that I must continue to work with on a daily basis. I was called fat by my manager and told to lose weight. I was also told that I looked like a "nerd" and that people will judge me. I also know of RAMPANT dishonest activities among management in the office. Oh and to top it off..they cant figure out our pay AND the benefits are TERRIBLE.
Pros
Base, money money money
Cons
culture, management, morals
Alliant Insurance Services has been a great employer.
Commercial Lines Manager/Marketing/Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2014
I would not be looking for another job except the producer of our agency resigned and left on 1/2/14. He was the only producer.
Pros
Great Benefits
Company where you can advance, nice not to be micro managed, easy to talk with managers.
Assistant Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 10, 2013
Great company if you work in another divison
Marketing/PR (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 8, 2013
Alliant is a great company to work for and the opportunities for advancement are there, however, the marketing communications and PR group is poorly managed. There are some good points, but this is a job that you take at your own professional peril.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Marketing and PR team is poorly managed
Professional and enjoyable workplace
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 1, 2013
Working for Alliant Insurance Services was a great experience. Management and clients were always professional and they truly took care of their employees with corporate team building events and holiday parties. The understanding was that if we worked hard, it would always pay off.
Productive Workplace
Administrative/Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 17, 2013
At Alliant Insurance Services, I am responsible for frequently conducting webinars, surveys & email blasts. As well, I work very closely with the Communications Team to deliver revised print/web materials to clients with expediency. Additionally, I am simultaneously managing excel spreadsheets & PowerPoint presentations for various client teams.

One aspect of my job that I especially like, is researching and learning new ways to evaluate methods to improve our current systems. My experience at Alliant Insurance Services has allowed me to further my skills in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office. I have sought out opportunities to deepen my knowledge on SEO best practices, as well as begin to learn basic HTML.
Good company to work for.
Computer Support - Life Department (Former Employee) –  Life DepartmentMarch 2, 2012
Alliant was one of five names that I worked for. Kachler Corp. was the company I first worked for; then the owner sold it and it became HCC Employment Benefits. Sold again, name changed to Capital Risk. Capital Risk was part of Jardine, Lloyd, Thompson and the name was changed to JLT. Alliant is the current company name. Good salary and benefits.
Pros
working for alliant was a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliant Insurance Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Alliant Insurance Services Reviews by Location