Alliant International University Employee Reviews

No Raises over Past 5 years but increased volumes of workload
Finance Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: students provide an uplifting envirorment
Cons: top management has no leadership, no raises over past 5 years to any staff, no performance evaluations so you never know what your boss thinks of your work.
University was a Non-Profit and has just changed over to a For-Profit Benefits Corporation. Terrible Leadership by Management over past 5 years. Business Strategy negligible, with no regard for Business Processes implementation.

HR has done no Performance Appraisals in past 3 years, so no accountability for anyone.

All the best people are leaving, and very little replacement hiring being done, so all the people left on-board must pick up the slack with no raises.

Management totally against Telecommuting and provide no work/life balance. Restructures, Reorganizations, and Layoffs done with no regard for employee compassion or empathy.
Educational Development
Student Affairs Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2014
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of honesty, transparency and cross-cultural competence. Focus on tuition increases rather than supporting the academic needs, development and retention of students and marginalized staff development.
AIU
Academic and Administrative/HR Support II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 19, 2014
Flexible work schedule. Need more efficient data systems. Faculty can be a pest but overall ok to work with. Working with students is the best part of my job here.
Productive and busy
Receptionist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, holiday parties, staff appreciation day, commencements
Cons: communication
Monitored incoming calls to the university, transfered calls to staff, faculty or department, greeted students, prospective students and vistors. I learned alot about higher education and enjoyed working at the university. Worked with wonderful people who also were great team-players. I always felt rewarded when I would help out a student with a problem even more so if they were an international student.
Enjoyable work environment
Field Training Director (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Enjoyable work environment. Travel required to different campuses and flexible hours.
Research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2013
I just worked on the computer and research on the internet to help with current research project manager
Poor
student services (Former Employee), Los Angeles Campus, Alhambra, CAMay 23, 2013
Pros: the students were great and deserved better
Cons: the administration was terrible.creating a very toxic environment for all but the management lackeys
This was a very toxic environment in which to work. I can't find anything positive to say about the management at the Los Angeles campus. There was a great deal of cliquishness, back-stabbing, deceitfulness, manipulation of others, etc. It negatively impacted student services. While there was a reorg last year and many staff let go, it appears to simply have intensified the "in-crowd, it's all about me" management of the campus where the students were not a priority. Those who were "liked" by the person above and willing to behave according to a managers bidding no matter how unethical, were the ones retained.
adjunct faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2013
love my students ! they make my work so much more interesting and exciting
Culturally diverse student population
COORDINATOR, DISABILITY SERVICES (Former Employee), San Diego & Irvine CampusesDecember 17, 2012
The most enjoyable aspect of working at Alliant International University was the diversity of the students with whom I worked.
Alliant was a great place to work. I
Director, Business Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 11, 2012
I was there for a total of 18 years and enjoyed every minute of it. I loved working with the students and all of my colleagues. I had been laid off in 2000 and was asked in 2004 to come back to turn the place around and did so.
love this school
Student Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2012
i was a student while employed here so i am bias but i love this school
It is good community to work
Assistant Controller (Current Employee), San DiegoJuly 28, 2012
It is a great community to work, but had may bad mangement decision that made the place not a great place to work.
There is lack of leadership in Alliant that created difficulty to continue for all the staff.
Higher education envrionment.
Director - Academic Support Center (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 15, 2012
Pros: great students, staff and faculty
Cons: our department is understaffed, but funding is always an issue around here, but i guess it is like that everywhere.
Small private non-profit university serving around 3500 students on six campuses who are mostly graduate students with four different schools: Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Business and Education. A "diverse by design" school with around a third of all students are international. Personally, I have found that this place to be fascinating!
Going through a reorganization
Temporary Records Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 23, 2012
In Alliant's attempt to reorganize and grow they are making a lot of changes right now. The current culture is one of uncertainty. There is a lot of miscommunication between departments. Hopefully all of that will change within the next year as these changes are implemented.