Alliant International University Employee Reviews

Alliant International University
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at Alliant International University as a student assistant. The hours were flexible, supervisor was friendly, and the pay was reasonable.
Supportive environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CASeptember 2, 2017
I worked as a Student Assistant for the Financial Aid department, and had a positive experience. My boss was understanding of my school schedule and made accommodations. I mainly performed office work, and learned how to organize files and scan documents. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the office I worked in.
I taught there
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2017
It's a good school but the students often are difficult. No one wants less than an A and they all expect A's. Graduate students are more difficult to teach as they often hold too high of an opinion of their abilities.
Pros
Place to teach
Cons
only adjunct positions
Federal student worker
Federal Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2017
It is what it is. Your a student worker and you get paid for it. Staff is flexible with school work and understand when you're classes are at certain times.

You make you're own schedule, any one tell you otherwise are not there for your schooling.

School comes first is the motto.
Very good
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 18, 2017
Alliant has been a great experience. Good coworkers, good management on site. No advancement to move up, however. Upper management is not great, they are self serving.
Pros
Relaxing, good coworkers.
Cons
Pay, advancement
Student Teacher
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2017
Am not being paid for work, as this is all part of the requirement to earn a certificate. This survey does not apply to my situation as a student teacher.
Excellent Opportunities
MFT Researcher and Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 13, 2017
I was able to work under a well published researcher while gaining the knowledge to publish on my own. It was appropriately challenging with flexible hours.
No room for growth
Student & Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2017
Management needs to get it together.

I didnt feel like i had any room to grow as a professional. No sense of reward no matter how hard we work.

No room for any pay raise, extremely understaffed, unappreciated.
Interesting University in Transition
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2017
Typical day Worked with a wide range of users from all backgrounds.
Learned Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, DHCP, DNS and so much more.
Culture; many very dedicated people who want to see the company grow.
Hardest part the long hours and too many hats for one person.
Really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Fun work place
After School Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 17, 2017
I worked with middle school students after school. I learned that working with students can be difficult because they are young and at times hyper. Overall, it was a fun work space.
Pros
Students
Cons
Students acting aggressive.
great academic workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Alliant International University has great professors and is a culturally competent workplace that provides an environment that is conducive to clinical and academic learning.
Alliant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Alliant has made great strides recently and likely has a very great future ahead of it. The staff are amazing and so fun to work with. There are not many opportunities for advancement, though. Staff are also asked to do a lot of work for not much pay.
Pros
Pto, healthcare, discounts
Cons
management, communication, advancement, salary
Federal Work Study Position
assist the Administrative Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 5, 2016
Working as assistant to the Campus Coordinator with administration, clerical, IT, event planning and opening and closing Campus administration office.
Pros
20 hours for FWS
Beautiful Facility
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CASeptember 26, 2016
Pay and benefits great. Supervisor NOT. When I did work there, I heard plenty of stories, but believing is seeing. I saw and left. But in all fairness, not all supervisor/manager's were like that. This place had plenty of nice people coming and going.
Pros
Meet plenty of nice people
Cons
Not so nice supervisor to put it nicely
Time selection
ASM Graduate Student & Program Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2016
i was working as student worker, so able to work as well as in free time can do my assignments. i learned how to work with US clients and got knowledge and experience in active directory.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
not paid vacation
Don't work here
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2016
There's nothing good about this job. It's too much of a sales job without the benefits that come with a sales position.

No room for personal development of promotion. Very high turnover and no sense of leadership.
Experience progressive trainer and Director of Health Services
Director, Health Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2015
Able to be independent and lead health services department. Top management cheap and does not value employees. Loved the job but not the environment.
Pros
Part-time
Cons
No recognition from management.
Great environment
Research Assistant to Dr. Rachna Kumar (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2015
It was more about building a family work place and try to teach everybody to respect and support each other when needed. plus you will be trained with experts and high motivated people.
self directed instructors
Graduate Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2015
Typical work day adjunct faculty: prepare and lecture on class materials. develop class material. encourage hands on learning. provide student feedback in timely manner.
No Raises over Past 5 years but increased volumes of workload
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2015
University was a Non-Profit and has just changed over to a For-Profit Benefits Corporation. Terrible Leadership by Management over past 5 years. Business Strategy negligible, with no regard for Business Processes implementation.

HR has done no Performance Appraisals in past 3 years, so no accountability for anyone.

All the best people are leaving, and very little replacement hiring being done, so all the people left on-board must pick up the slack with no raises.

Management totally against Telecommuting and provide no work/life balance. Restructures, Reorganizations, and Layoffs done with no regard for employee compassion or empathy.
Pros
Students provide an uplifting envirorment
Cons
Top Management has no leadership, No Raises over past 5 years to any staff, No performance evaluations so you never know what your boss thinks of your work.