alliantgroup Employee Reviews

Great work and learning environment
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
Tremendous place to work, with a great group of employees. Learned a great amount of how the business atmosphere works and the requirements it demands.
Productive company with amazing growth
Jr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
I loved working here. Co-workers and mangers are amazing. The company will continue to grow. Free lunches and insurance.
Wacky World
Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 12, 2016
With the exception to the decent pay, everything about this environment is bizarre and occasionally borders on abusive.

You may take pleasure in knowing that if you can last one year here, you are guaranteed a spot in heaven.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No such thing as a free lunch
Former Staffing Sales Rep Never Going Back!
Associate Director Business Development (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
I came from staffing industry sales so everything here is a Pro compared to that. They invest so much into us here; the sales training is actual training and it's comprehensive, you learn about the company, our services, the industries we work with, how to qualify business opportunities and close deals. You work directly with the most tenured and successful sales directors here and they teach and mentor you so you develop highly effective sales skills compared to staffing where they give you a marketing brochure to read on your first day and then tell you to get on the phones and sell something. The environment is so much more professional, we work with C-level client contacts so you learn how to have business conversations with CEOs. The Houston office is amazing, the benefits and perks are over the top but the best thing is the compensation plan. I had to work like a dog in staffing to get 100 contractors billing and my commission check was a joke on top of a low base salary and awful benefits. I put the same energy into selling here at alliantgroup where my base salary is higher than my base + commission in staffing and last year I made double that in commission AND I got a bonus at the end of the year that knocked me over, I didn't expect it and it was extremely generous. With what I earned last year, I was able to pay off my credit cards and buy a new car (BMW) and a house inside the loop. I'm on track this year to double what I did last year!
Pros
Compensation, Training, Advancement, 100% Employer Paid Med/Dental, On-site Gym
IT Careers are steady
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2016
Unlike all of the bad reviews you see on Glassdoor, the IT jobs are fairly decent in comparison to the other positions. You'll workat least 50 hours a week and 60 during tax season, but they pay well and offer a ton of extras.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table and on site gym.
Energy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2016
Great workplace for someone recently out of college with no family or kids to dedicate time to. Free alcohol provided at work frequently. Co workers go out together for happy hours and events outside of work pretty often. The company is growing very quickly so there is a lot of room for growth if you do not mind the hours. If you do mind the hours you will not last long. Most companies do not mind people leaving work on time if they get their work done. At Alliantgroup there will be judgement of anyone who always leave on time.
Pros
Free lunches work parties, good workplace environment.
Cons
Tax season means 65 or more hours a week without extra compensation.
Not even worth it
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
GOD AWFUL place to work. In the three weeks I was there. Our manger fired three employees,one in which she hired one week then fired the next week. Including myself she let go of four NEW employees in a three week span. I have never been a part of a company so unprofessional as this one.
Pros
Free lunches & casual dress code
Cons
Everything else
This place is a joke. COMICAL.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
Promotions are based on the following criteria:
1. How late you clock out
2. How well you brown-nose
3. Number of peers you throw under the bus
Pros
Run.
Cons
Just go.
Cookie Cutter Career
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Not for someone who is creative or a thinker. They want to train you like a monkey to say the same thing over and over again (and then expect you to be PASSIONATE about it lol). If you have never had a real career before, you can probably be successful here and may even enjoy it because you don't know any better... and pay can be decent if you demand so during interview process. Management doesn't know what it means to think strategically. They think putting their people on the spot and embarrassing them is a great training tool... I could go on... but why bother?
The pay is good if you negotiate early...that's all
Senior Associate, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
I would not recommend this place for seasoned professionals, but rather for recent graduates who are willing to endure the headaches and suck up for the experience and the decent pay. People with previous work experience in positive environments do not last long in this draining atmosphere. The turnover is extremely high for a reason. The management preaches things such as work/life balance but does not provide the support or resources to feel accomplished enough to go home after many 12 hour days. In addition to the unrealistic workload, it is expected to become best friends with management (read teachers pet) and spend much of your free time at the office, rather than at home. They force company happy hours, office parties and extracurricular activities on you and question your loyalty to the company if you opt out. The workforce is extremely young and therefore immature. There is rampant gossip, inappropriate relationships and daily unprofessional obnoxiousness. Management favorites are obvious and the meritocracy is a joke. Superior work product aside, if you don't schmooze you lose. 2nd tier management just happens to be the young kids that stuck it out the longest, and they have absolutely no management experience and are quite unprofessional. If you are there 2 years and drink the kool-aid you are promoted. If you question any existing practices/processes in you will be viewed as a rebel and promptly reprimanded. If you leave the company (willingly or not) management will most likely tell people you were not on board with the culture. Oh, but they do have a ping  more... pong table, provide semi-decent lunch everyday (in hopes you don't leave the office for an hour), and often bring in beer, wine, smoothies and ice cream yay! *sarcasm*.  less
Pros
decent pay, free lunch, casual dress
Cons
everything else
I love coming to work each day
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
alliantgroup is truly a great place to work! We have a hard working, fast paced, exciting environment that I LOVE coming in to each morning. You get what you put in! If you are willing to work hard to further your career, this place is for you.
Pros
Upper management that cares about your future
Cons
Long hours, but this is across the industry
Productive/fun company with many benefits.
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with at alliantgroup. Employees are productive and have explosive personalities. There is room for improvement with how employees are treated by management.
Worst job I've ever had
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2015
I would highly recommend not working here. Managers are bullies, long hours, and the work is degrading. You know those "corporate tax loop holes" politicians talk about? alliantgroup's business is finding them for companies. The good side is they'll hire anyone because their turn over rate is so high. If it's between here and an eviction notice, I would work here as a place holder but actively continue my job search. Managers are incompetent and not constructive.

Most former employees agree alliantgroup is the worst job of their careers.
Pros
Easy to get hired, decent pay
Cons
Degrading work, terrible management
Be aware of fake reviews about this place. Long hours and a lot if internal issues.
Senior Associate Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
I would only work here if you are desperate to make some money, because other than the pay not many other Pros.

Organizational structure and Management ideals deeply flawed. Clear problems and issues are ignored or not addressed, while money is spent on frivolous items and events.

Employees are seen as numbers and figures, no work life balance. They tell you they believe in work life balance, but what they mean is you will have to work so many hours the only people you see are you co workers which is fine with them because they want to your work and your life merge into one.
Pros
Pay isnt bad, they cater lunch.
Cons
Literally everything else. horrible hours, high school like environment, unprofessional work environment, no transparency even though it is constantly "preached" by upper managment.
Opportunity for recent college graduates
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 17, 2015
I can only speak on my situation. I've learned plenty during my brief tenure at Alliantgroup. My communication and software skills along with many other intangibles were enhanced while employed here. My co-workers, I do miss. The toughest part would have to be the lack of transparency and efficiency. The most enjoyable aspect is easily the relationships that I've established with my peers.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Growth
Terrible company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2015
No training what so ever. They throw you to the wolves and say figure it out. No mass operating systems just strictly excel. Not a good place to work. Long hours with zero overtime.
Alliantgroup
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Very great opportunity to earn money but not to have a career in. very new company with little software. Everything is ran out of excel and lot of room for errors.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Work on weekends without pay
Worst Place I have Ever Worked
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
I worked for alliantgroup just under a year and it was the most stressful time of my life. I have never been so embarrassed and treated so bad at a job. If you have a family forget seeing them or you will be punished for not being able to work 12-15 hours a day. If you don't wear skirts that just barely cover your butt or are not 25 or under you will get treated badly. The guys that run the company are all egomaniacs that want only brownnosers or pretty young girls to fawn over them. If you make a mistake they will call you out in front everyone to humiliate you. You will be cussed at and disrespected constantly. If you complain then you're a wimp who doesn't believe in the Blue A culture! It is the worst environment ever! I hated pulling up there everyday! I felt like I was working in the movie Mean Girls! I was so happy to get out and have a normal job again.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, Horrible Salary, Mental Abuse....
Run Run Run
Project Manager - Energy Incentives (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
While the company will say metric's are what matters, many managers will tell you they don't and it is all about perception.
Pros
Lots of work to do. If you work less then 60-hrs a week you're not in good shape.
Cons
No work life balance, benefits are below industry standard.
Not a place to build a career, with few exceptions.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
I'll start with the benefits of working here. One of them is there have been some very intelligent people at alliantgroup (though these individuals have high turnover) Another is that the work itself is quite interesting and the approach taken by the firm is a strong one. If you are a woman, especially an attractive one, you will find that doors open quickly for you. If you are a man, doors may open for you too if your personality matches that of "management".

Besides this, the work environment is depressing, you do not feel like a valuable asset to the company, employees are highly disposable, work hours are extraordinarily burdensome for anyone who has a social life outside the office. Management pushes the line on what is appropriate in so many ways in managing staff. Workload is unbelievable during tax seasons. It is not at all uncommon to have a 20 or more cases at the same time. You are there to serve a purpose and are valued so long as that purpose is your priority, make a mistake prioritizing and you rapidly fall from grace. There seems to be an inordinate amount of intra-office conflict between departments and teams. Employees resent each other for superficial reasons. Some employees are incredibly inept and it is infuriating. Corporate culture is highly competitive and critical. To liken the culture to a post-college Fraternity is not too off-base.

Expect to work long hours, consider work your number 1 priority, be micromanaged (including ALL your personal time), and to find yourself wondering when if ever you will get a raise/promotion.
Pros
Build some important career skills
Cons
No long-term career potential, work you way too hard, little recognition, challenging office politics, unpleasant culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at alliantgroup. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6