Allianz Global Assistance

Allianz Global Assistance Employer Reviews

do not wish too
Team Leader (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 14, 2014
Pros: associates are great
Cons: work
typical day at work. You come in greet your associates /co workers. Review your emails. Prioritize your day. Attend meetings. Conduct Focus Sessions. Monitor calls. Always on floor to ensure associate support. Pay roll. Attendance. Monitor SLA's, AHT, ACW,ATT. Stay in contact with Command Center and IT. Take escalated calls. Email updates to department – more... and leadership.
EOD report for sales and retail. – less
Caring Company
Mastercard Service Specialist (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJune 11, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Friendly and caring work environment. Would highly recommend this company for anyone seeking employment.
Productive and fun place to work with cafe and gym
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great location and work atmosphere
Cons: difficult internal promotions
Great place to work, hard work but satisfying. Never a dull moment from your co-workers to you customers. Extremely faced paced.
Good company to work for
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VaNovember 14, 2013
Pros: benefits, tuition reimbursement, experience
Cons: schedule adherence, short breaks, and constantly harrassed to do overtime
I am a claims examiner, have been with the company just around 2 years. A typical day is very busy and high stress; you have to juggle phone calls and claims. Definitely have to be good at multi-tasking and switching between tasks frequently! Management has changed quite a bit since starting with the company, but for the better. They are pretty supportive – more... but sometimes seems like they're babysitters. You're constantly monitored as to how well you "adhere" to your schedule and that affects raises and promotions. Overall it's a good company to get experience in insurance, but there's not a lot of chance for promotion. They offer great benefits and tuition reimbursement. – less
Fun
Office Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2013
Great Company makes coming to work fun. Only cons is pay, vacation and advancement seems to be base on how long you have been with the company and not how hard you are working.
Productive workplace with overall good teammates to work with
Claim Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2013
Looking for more growth where I can work more independtly. I love my teammates they are great to work with.
Fast-paced growth oriented company.
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES US (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 1, 2013
Pros: good pay, great facilities
Cons: too internally focused.
Good company. US division too focused on internal management for the sake of internal management. Used to be innovative but became too cautious and lost innovative spirit.
Great co-workers and team work
Travel Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 8, 2013
Pros: beautiful new building
Cons: 2 ten minute breaks scheduled into your day
Allianz Global Assistance is a multi faceted company. We provide an array of services to our customers.

I have learned a lot from this company and enjoy being a claims examiner. We are a call center environment with a balance of phone time as well as claim time off of the phone.
Productive work enviroment
Travel Customer Service (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 4, 2013
Pros: free gym, great management, great company
Cons: short breaks
Allianz Global Assistance is a great company! There are endless opportunities and career options. The management team in the travel customer service department are fabulous.
Best culture ever. My department was so flexible.
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2013
Great company to work for. They try to be fair. Some jobs are based on a contract with a client, though. The security of the job is based on whether the client renews the contract. Not all departments are like this, though. I gained a lot of experience and had great co-workers. We all got laid off in our area, though. I will always remember this company. – more... Management really seemed to care about its employees. – less
Loved my job
Accounting Associate/Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: i loved my job.
Cons: started with a flexible schedule and management discontinued it.
A typical day at work was timed job duties. I had three timed duties to complete by noon.
I learned a lot about credit cards and credit card adjustments.
My co-workers were nice people to work with. We worked as a team.
I have no comment on the management team.
My job was not hard. It was just extremely challenging.
The most enjoyable part of my job – more... was helping other people or customers. – less
Good coworkers, job security not so good
Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VADecember 22, 2012
It is a call center environment. We take inbound calls assisting Blue Crss Blueshield members who are traveling internationally. We process emails from hospitals overseas and from customers who are needing assistance as well. We also provide concierge services for AAA, Visa, Jet Blue, and AGA Travel Insurance. I have learned how to multitask and transition – more... to different topics quickly and seamlessly to provide assistance in a timely manner for different types of clients.

My management teams has been great to work with. They are easily approachable and try to provide assistance to us with enthusiasm. – less
Fast-paced, high energy, fun environment
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 21, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work here. I love seeing their smiling faces each and every day. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with disgruntled customers and having to follow/adhere to your schedule closely. A typical day involves coming in and taking calls from cardholders.
Productive and fun place to work
International Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 13, 2012
Pros: flexibility; culture
Cons: layoff
AGA is an awesome Global company. You will find all kinds of great people from all over the world. Very exciting workplace with a nice sense of style.
Productive fast paced work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2012
Pros: cafe, personable skills, career opportunities.
Cons: short breaks
Shift starts at 10 A.M. and ends at 6 P.M. It is a 7.5 hour shift with two ten minute breaks and one thirty minute breaks. Not long enough for someone who has been sitting for hours at a time.

I have learned to be more personable, and how to explain things more clearly in multiple ways , improved in multitasking. Learned how to delight customers and – more... be professional on the phones.

Management lets their employees know the bare minimum. Some managers will greet one employee by name and not even look the employee right next to them.

Co-workers are the only reason I am currently still at Allianz. Co-workers really know how to work as a team and coach each other.

The hardest part of the job is being given different information by supervisors and management. So much different information is given that not everyone is trained the same.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to delight a customer and make their day a little brighter and knowing that I helped one more person in the world. – less
I worked there for 4 yrs
Claims Examiner Level 2 (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: great co workers, benefits and money
Cons: ridiculous expectations, and management leaves alot to be desired
I really liked the pay rate and the benefits. The customers that call in are allowed however to use profanity and be derogatory and you are not allowed to disconnect. This sat wrong with me. The verbal abuse daily is a huge downer. The people you work with are super nice though and i loved the building. It was a very nice office.
Interesting people and a fun work environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 7, 2012
Complex work in IT mostly based in a PeopleSoft application is balanced with a diverse and multi-talented workforce.
Supportive Managment with great co-workers! MODERN DAY CORPORATE AMERICA!
Travel Service Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: nice point system & able to work from home
Cons: short breaks, weekend hours & grumpy customers
What a great company to work for! Great day hours, able to work from home most of the time, supportive management, friendly & diverse co-workers, pleasant atmospehere & an overall enjoyment of coming to work.

Concerns are always addressed by management in a timely, professional manor with a true care to grow & coach you as an employee.

It is truly – more... a pleasure to help & assist customers who understand and appreciate the insurance we offer. It can be very challenging & stressful when you are dealing with someone who are closed minded about the insurance and expect it to cover for any reason they desire. – less
This is a productive and enjoyable environment
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: the rewards we receive for an outstanding performance and cardholder compliments
Cons: short lunches, constant monitoring of time and location, small or no bonuses
A typical day at work entails taking inbound calls from credit cardholders who either wish to inquire about their benefits, need to begin a claim, or have questions about their existing claims. We are required to be experts on a number of benefits and to provide a high quality of customer service. It is a constant learning experience because benefits – more... are consistantly added and each cardholder and her/his circumstance is unique. As such, being 'present' on each call and genuinely concerned about each individual is not only a necessity, but a wonderful exercise in listening, composure, and effeciency. We have an excellent support system with our management staff who make themselves readily available to associates. Not only are they invaluable resources, but they constantly affirm associates and encourage their teams to continue to exceed our clients' expectations.

The most difficult part of being a benefits speciaist is sometimes interacting with extremely disappointed cardholders who are unhappy with the terms and conditions of their benefits. It is difficult to provide unpleasant news becuase we are not always able to truly delight cardholders when they hear news about their benefits that they did not anticipate. The objective is to continually hone one's skill set to calm cardholders down and provide excellent service in the midst of disappointment. The most enjoyable part of being a benefits specialist, in addition to interacting with other associates, is being able to truly help others who call because they need assistance. – less
Great innovative quicky growing company
Specialty Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 22, 2012
customer facing departments seem to be a bit disorganized and promotion seems to be more political than ability based, However overall the company has a great culture and a friendly environment