Allianz Group Employee Reviews

Current employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2017
I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of working here. Management is not breathing down your neck micromanaging. I cannot think of a job where the atmosphere was so lax.
Allianz Global was a good place to work
Eastern Division Director/Acting NSM (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
I joined AGI 4 years ago and built a great sales team. I enjoyed the culture and the people both in NYC and the other US offices. I wish AGI all the best !
Diverse Workforce
Global Training Coordinator/Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2017
A good place to work if you are looking for a fast paced call center type environment. Offers great travel insurance and travel related services to the general public.
Productive Days
Claims Examiner / Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2017
I loved working for Allianz. It was a great company with great management. I was a contractual employee for them and my contract had ended. What i did not like was they trained me to process claims and never gave me claim time. I was also promised a raise that i never received either.
Great culture.
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Management favors the employees rather than upper management.

Culture, compensation & benefits are good, likely because it's a German company.

Company promotes from within and encouraged succession planning for all employees who want to advance their careers.
Pros
Culture is professional but humanitarian.
Cons
Technology could be better.
Terrible job, horrible pay and unfair management.
Travel Insurance Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2017
Do NOT work here unless you have literally nowhere else to go. There is almost zero room for growth, miniscule raises (if you're lucky enough to even get one it's about 0.2 percent of what you make, pennies on the dollar). There is no leniency in doctors visits, running slightly late due to an emergency or anything of that nature. You will get fired at the drop of a dime.
Cons
Assistants are treated knowing they are replaceable any day.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Coworkers are great. Management needs training on how to treat there staff. No company growth for administrative staff. HR is not on there for administrative staff.. No training. No job safety. Not worth the great salary.
Pros
salary
Cons
egos, micromanaging, etc.
Great company to work for!
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2016
No such thing as a typical day which was the challenge. The company is very generous with benefits, 401K package, compensation and training. The most enjoyable part is the co-workers that I've developed relationships with.
good company to work
Senior .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2016
My job duties involve day to day operations work along with project management. My job encourages lot of out of box thinking, developing strategies, process improvement, change, and project management. I work with a very strong team that also likes to challenge the process/thinking. Management has open door policy and encourages creative thinking, develop technical and behavioral skills to resolve the problems.
Good culture + work balance
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 11, 2016
People are friendly but requires lot of input. Typically in the beginning this job may demands for more than normal hours but then eventually once you get upto track it's all set
Excellent Teamwork
Account Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 29, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working here, we have a wonderful staff of people on my team and great management in our office. We are not micro managed, yet we all are able to get our work done timely and efficiently. It makes it a great place to go to every day!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great group of creative people
Marketing Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2016
Great people with a wonderful culture. The product offerings are interesting, and the environment is one of integrity and respect. It's a pleasure to go to work every day.
Daily activity
Service Now Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2016
In general, my day either begins with a meeting or some person asking for some clarifications in ServiceNow. But, the environment at Allianz is very friendly and cooperative. Never was in a situation where I couldn't balance my personal life and work life. Every moment was enjoyable and there would these random discussions that pop out of the blue.

Overall, I was enjoying my work at Allianz.
Was a great place to work until new management was brought in
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2016
This was a great place to work, until new management was hired. With the new management expectations would change every day, very hard to be successful.

The employees are great to work with and are like family.
Pros
Discounted lunch, good employees
Cons
New management that does follow the culture
A recommended multinational company with high reputation
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  ElpitiyaJuly 14, 2016
As this is my 1st job I have gathered lot of knowledge about team work, customer handing, also about the using of technology and being familiar with new systems which are implementing time to time. And adhering company rules, regulations & procedures as well.

Overall company has two basic divisions & sub departments under them.
On my very first day of the job I'm very confused as I haven't no early experience in working environment. But with the time I have learnt each & every step & procedures of my job role.
It was the happiest day of my career, I have been selected the the best underwriter of the 1st quarter 2016.
Very compliant Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 5, 2016
Excellent for independent advisors who wish to have insurance count as GDC. The company is hands off and has various products that help to diversify the client. Back office is awesome.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to meet with other advisors
Cons
Meeting are on your dime.
Two Faced Company
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2016
YOu have to understand that Allianz is a company that is really split into 2 companies

1. Allianz global assistance which is a company that services travel claims for customers.

2. Bankcard which is a company that is FOR HIRE by banks to service benefits for credit cards.

you DO NOT want to work for Bankcard. the management for this part of the business is a bunch of immature robots who do not know how to manage people. they only manage bankcard policy.

they are unyeilding, dogmatic, drachonian and every negative part of business and work life you can think of.

if you work in bankcard benefits you will be reading scripts VERBATIM with no deviation.

If you work in Bankcard Claims you will be working under an ever shifting policy of how to do your job and subject to the whimsy of management who as a goal do everything they can to keep you from hitting your goals.

This is part of the company does not have any career paths.

Choose wisely.
Pros
The pay is ok
Cons
Bankcard side is a horrible section of the company
Great Culture
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 23, 2016
The company was going through transition at the time. Company culture, sr. management and people were great. Not sure what has changed since then.
Pros
Collaborative and positive work environment
Allianz North America - Possibilities
Senior Commercial MidCorporate Lines (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 17, 2016
Huge Potential. Possibilities -- sizable challenges to get there. International platform, trying to figure out what that identity is for its existing platform, or if they are creating a new platform all-together.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Work/Life balance
Cons
Instability with leadership & vision
Worst job experience ever.
Travel Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAJune 10, 2016
This was my first "real" job out of college, and the experience could not have been worse. Training did not prepare you for half of what you would deal with on the floor, and what they do train you for didn't matter because there were constant changes to protocol. The only breaks you are allowed to take are already determined for you, and if you go off of that schedule you will be reprimanded for it and treated like a child. It almost feels like being back in kindergarten when you had to ask to go to the bathroom. The management is a joke. I don't think I have been at any other job where the management team did so little. They aren't there to help the agents, so why are there managers? Any escalated calls were passed on to another department. The monthly reviews are basically them telling you how much money you would've received if you didn't mess up. There is also the constant worry that you are not doing your job right, and that you are always in the edge of being fired. The only thing that you can take away from a job like this, is knowing that you do not want to do this ever again.
Pros
Non
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval