Allianz Group Employee Reviews in United States

A recommended multinational company with high reputation
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  ElpitiyaJuly 14, 2016
As this is my 1st job I have gathered lot of knowledge about team work, customer handing, also about the using of technology and being familiar with new systems which are implementing time to time. And adhering company rules, regulations & procedures as well.

Overall company has two basic divisions & sub departments under them.
On my very first day of the job I'm very confused as I haven't no early experience in working environment. But with the time I have learnt each & every step & procedures of my job role.
It was the happiest day of my career, I have been selected the the best underwriter of the 1st quarter 2016.
Very compliant Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 5, 2016
Excellent for independent advisors who wish to have insurance count as GDC. The company is hands off and has various products that help to diversify the client. Back office is awesome.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to meet with other advisors
Cons
Meeting are on your dime.
Two Faced Company
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2016
YOu have to understand that Allianz is a company that is really split into 2 companies

1. Allianz global assistance which is a company that services travel claims for customers.

2. Bankcard which is a company that is FOR HIRE by banks to service benefits for credit cards.

you DO NOT want to work for Bankcard. the management for this part of the business is a bunch of immature robots who do not know how to manage people. they only manage bankcard policy.

they are unyeilding, dogmatic, drachonian and every negative part of business and work life you can think of.

if you work in bankcard benefits you will be reading scripts VERBATIM with no deviation.

If you work in Bankcard Claims you will be working under an ever shifting policy of how to do your job and subject to the whimsy of management who as a goal do everything they can to keep you from hitting your goals.

This is part of the company does not have any career paths.

Choose wisely.
Pros
The pay is ok
Cons
Bankcard side is a horrible section of the company
Great Culture
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 23, 2016
The company was going through transition at the time. Company culture, sr. management and people were great. Not sure what has changed since then.
Pros
Collaborative and positive work environment
Allianz North America - Possibilities
Senior Commercial MidCorporate Lines (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 17, 2016
Huge Potential. Possibilities -- sizable challenges to get there. International platform, trying to figure out what that identity is for its existing platform, or if they are creating a new platform all-together.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Work/Life balance
Cons
Instability with leadership & vision
Worst job experience ever.
Travel Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAJune 10, 2016
This was my first "real" job out of college, and the experience could not have been worse. Training did not prepare you for half of what you would deal with on the floor, and what they do train you for didn't matter because there were constant changes to protocol. The only breaks you are allowed to take are already determined for you, and if you go off of that schedule you will be reprimanded for it and treated like a child. It almost feels like being back in kindergarten when you had to ask to go to the bathroom. The management is a joke. I don't think I have been at any other job where the management team did so little. They aren't there to help the agents, so why are there managers? Any escalated calls were passed on to another department. The monthly reviews are basically them telling you how much money you would've received if you didn't mess up. There is also the constant worry that you are not doing your job right, and that you are always in the edge of being fired. The only thing that you can take away from a job like this, is knowing that you do not want to do this ever again.
Pros
Non
Senior Internal Sales (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Great benefits and an incredible culture. Big company with lots of politics but overall a wonderful place to work at.
Coworkers were great,management lacked.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2016
Hands down, the best people I have worked with. This was a very busy call center for a travel insurance company. Phones rang all day, non stop. Great place to learn and use customer service skills.
stable place
Corporate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 1, 2016
large corporation with stability.
great benefits.
good job/life balance
great colleagues.
management cares and are pretty open
benefits
Management out for themselves
Manager-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2016
Management thinks only about themselves
State they will help you grow, learn and advance and then do not keep commitments
I would not recommend this company nor its products to anyone
good place
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Good work culture. Nice client. Got to learn a lot on insurance domain. However there is no work life balance at all!! Don't expect to have a life or a family here . They work you to death.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
too much politics and work pressure.
Great Company, Great Pay, Good Culture
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2016
Love the work, great culture. Portfolio managers are very friendly to associates, and the dialogue is generally open across all levels of seniority.
Cons
No water bottles, but endless cokes in the fridge provided free
Don't Get on the Supervisor's Bad Side
Customer Service - Bankcard (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2016
Allianz is a great company to work for. They offer decent benefits and I really enjoyed my teammates. The job sucks. You're given a script and if you don't repeat everything on it verbatim they will fail your call. Enough fails and they send Mongo after you to take you downstairs and unceremoniously fire you.

I was there every day on time and even worked for them when they had snow days. I helped other departments with their work and became self sufficient doing two jobs. I helped the poor associates that sat around me who received poor training with questions because available supervisors were hard to find.

A lot of calls will come from confused customers who receive difficult to understand credit card benefits and the scripting provided never really provided answers because the card companies were not about to be held liable for literally anything. Do not go in expecting to be a help to the customers, on a good call you will just make them less confused.

This is a good job if you're in college and you could care less about the work. The supervisors did nothing but threaten me even though I became more familiar with the products than them and I spent a good amount of time explaining the material to my team leader.

If you want something for a few years, try to get over on the travel team. Bankcard is a joke and so are the clowns running that department.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, good work home balance
Cons
Supervisors were all grade A students from clown college
Allianz Global Investors Internal Investment Consultant
Internal Investment Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
-Provide product information and sales support to financial advisors
-Work closely with External Investment Consultant to set up sales meetings; offering support and follow up
-Partner with External Investment Consultant to develop sales ideas and strategies
-Promote AGID investment products to the brokerage community
-Manage and build financial advisor relationships
-Proactively follow up with clients and prospective clients in a timely manner
-Maintain and manage CRM system
I loved my job but I hated the environment!
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 29, 2016
I worked for this company for 3 years and I loved what I did and my coworkers, However the management team is the worst I have ever experienced! there is no work life balance at all!! Don't expect to have a life or a family here . They work you to death and there is no benefit for it ! They offer OT because they never hirer enough people to do the job and when you don't conform to their rules they fire you..
It is typical corporate slavery at it's finest. People are afraid to complain for fear they may lose their jobs..
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Being overworked, Management sucks!
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2016
Good work culture. Nice client\vendor relationship.

Good place learn the Life insurance domain.

Easy going Clients and Project Managers.
Pros
Approachable Client
Cons
Work pressure
Nice place to work
Fixed Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2016
Really enjoy my co-workers, we all work together as a team. Typical work day would consist of taking phone calls, research and explaining processes and procedures.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Allianz Life is one of the world's largest integrated financial services organizations, which offers products like universal life insurance and long term care insurance for individuals. The Customer Insurance CatLog is an intranet application developed for employees within the company. The employees can access Customer information and update the customer information on various types of insurance policies provided by the company. The employees can also process claims and authorize payments for the customers. This application also provides various functionalities such as generating different types of quotes based on medical history of customers.
Responsibilities:
• Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Used Rational Rose for the Use Case Diagrams, Object Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams to represent the detailed design phase.
• Enhance the user interface using HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript Libraries like JQuery, AngularJS. Involved in developing the CSS sheets for the UI Components.
• Used Spring MVC at presentation layer.
Good benefits
Associate Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 14, 2016
Good benefits. Majority of Managers fit the same profile- lack of management diversity and background. This stifled creativity and innovation.
Overall - Good place to work.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 19, 2015
For the most part, is a good place to work. If you are a career oriented, mid to senior level professional who is looking to continuing to grow your career and skills, this place is not going to be for you. To be very honest, it is easier to work there just for the paycheck than challenging the status quo. Some of the management is so pathetic that you could get away with the bare minimum, if a job is all you want.
Pros
more nice people than not, decent life/work balance, good benefits, good facilities, decent compensation
Cons
frequent reorgs, too much politics, nepotism and favoritism in management resulting in poor leadership in some areas.