ALLIED AIR Employee Reviews

Awesome enviornment
Water Spider/ Wirer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 17, 2016
Started off to a great start and ended that way. Co workers were great and so was management. Temps were offered benefits as well as vacation through the temp agency the company hired through. The only company I have ever worked for that did that. Never let anyone feel left out. Always felt apart of the team.
Pros
Fed us great on any given day and holiday and pay was reasonable at the time
Environment was nice.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 8, 2016
Job was great , employees and employers was great to work with.I enjoy the hours the compensation I would have love to grow with this company but because of my new location I had to resign.
Great work environment
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 28, 2016
Enjoyed working here both close work associates and supervisors were easy to get along with which made it a comfortable work environment
It was a very fast paced job wheather on the floor or in office
Assembler/Production/ data entry (Former Employee) –  Blackville, SCNovember 3, 2015
I started out working on the floor assembling coils for AC. it was a very dirty and stress full job. I done this from usually March to August, that was our peak AC time. From August to march I would be more or less a floater from working on a press to putting parts on heaters.
In 2003 I had to have carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and elbows I applied for a job doing data entry working with the engineering dept. and helping maintenance dept. with putting work orders in their system.
I worked in that department until 2007 when things started to get slow then I went back on the floor, assembling coils again.
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. and management was mostly good to work with till the last year when they knew the plant was getting ready to close.
The worse part of working at this plant was there was no heating or Ac in the plant, you couldn't stand the heat in the summer. We had a lot of people pass out from the heat.
I worked till I as laid off in 2009.
Pros
The pay and benefits were good.
Cons
The heat in the summer was terrible some days we were sent home when it got to hot.
Decent Place To Work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 14, 2016
A typical day at Allied Air starts off with a short morning meeting to review the previous work day and to speak on the goals of the current work day to meet. Due to second and third shift not having the proper amount of workers/staff to handle all job duties, each day starts off by cleaning up alot of their left over trash/mess from the nights before! I learn everyday that without the proper guidance from management or the proper amount of workers for the teams in the warehouse for each individual shift.... chaos and unorganizanized activity is inevidable! Which also creates a very unsafe work environment. I also learn how much better our work day goes when everyone decides to show up for work, for some people for what ever reasons just decide not to show up for work - which makes it even harder than it should be to not only keep up with the work load, but to catch up to production numbers. But with an above average hard work ethic, patience & determination.....it does get done after exhasting oneself. Management in some areas are helpful, in other areas not so much. In my opinion, management needs some help in a major way in alot of areas throughout there operation. My coworkers, as most coworkers on any job......are good workers. Some put forth their best initiative to do more than their part to get the job done and be the best team player that they can be for the team and the company....and then you have those that have the worst attitudes, are lazy, and don't have a care in the world - and barely do just enough to get by, if that. The hardest part of my job is  more... lack of organization with inventory. As a foklift operator/material handler at Allied Air it is very critical on your timing to keep up with the fast pace production of over 100 AC Units in 10 hour period equalling well over $400,000 in daily productivity for just our line on OM1. Due to lack of warehouse storage space, over 95% of the materials recieved are stored in a very unorganized, super tight, clustered area called "op3" that they even call the jungle which is a constant struggle everyday to deal with when rushed to get the part numbers for the line. But with prayer/patience, strong determination, persistance, and a go-getter drive....I make it through. The most enjoyable part of my job I would have to say is helping others. I love to do my best and keep a strong positive attitude with a smile and help others to keep pushing when stress levels and the job seem to become unbearable!  less
Pros
Short driving distance to and from work.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay/over worked, no health benefits for temp.
Quality Craftmanship for HVAC
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 30, 2013
The day starts in the office at 8:45 a.m. with an overview of what the days scheduling overview consists. Materials and tools collected for specific job function and organization of on-hand tools to ensure efficiency. Complete all appointments, emergency calls and finishing touches on current projects. Arrive back at the office around 5:00 p.m. Schedule for upcoming days service, and project appointments. That is a typical day at Allied. Hours are affected by emergency calls and pending projects. Conditions range from 100+ degree attic temps, to -10 degree roof conditions and in between. Management is flexible with working schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others in delivering a quality product that they can really feel and see the results.
Pros
Flexible working schedule, good compensation, excellent managerial staffing.
Cons
Extreme outdoor conditions, hard physical labor, and seasonal high and low trends
good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 24, 2016
I am happy. This is a great company to work for. I will retire from Allied in about 30 years. I like my job. I love to come to work. My work is not hard. The training is awesome.
Pros
lunch
good place to work
Set-Up Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 20, 2012
I did a typical repetitive job operating three different machine as and operator, and anywhere else they needed me. I worked with great people with exception of 2 or 3. Supervisor would come around and do the inspection and check material, those that knew what they were doing. things were good as long as there was work to do. Not really much to complain about, except like i said the 2 or 3 people that walk around to start trouble then run to management when you let them know they were wrong with what they are doing.
Pros
good place to work, good management team, good people to work with
Cons
2 or 3 bad people to work with, maybe becoming a seasonal workplace
Great experience
Stuffer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work, I had to stock up parts for the pre brazed rings then wait until pattern comes up and stuff the air coil accordingly. management always kept us up to date about work related topics. co workers were awesome and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to experience the job description
It was a productive place with no air conditioner for summer
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Blackville, SCMay 19, 2012
working on the AC line was hard and very fast, I learn to use air guns and different machine operatings, I don't think management was fair at times, some of the co workers were hard to get along with, I always tried to make the best of my day by staying away from the ones that did not care too much for me, the hardest part was trying to keep up with the assembly line, when I ran the CNC machine , it was peaceful on certain parts the I had to run.
Pros
at certain times they gave us pizza, or ice cream for lunch free.
Cons
we had short breaks, in the summer when it got really hot.
Spot Welder (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 2, 2015
It was nice production was at least 40 sets a day. Learned how to spot weld parts. Co-workers and management was good and the hardest part of the job was spark catch my clothes on fire.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not enough break time
awesome boss to work for
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 24, 2015
An excellent place to learn, and grow. The atmosphere is great laid back and most of all professional. The management personnel's and co workers are like family.
Pros
awesome boss
Cons
no health care
Acceptable
Coil Shop, Fin Press, Expander Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 7, 2013
Being that I do many different jobs a typical day is unexplainable.
Everything that I've listed in my qualificactions is everything I've learned at this job in the year that I've been there and I'm still learning and gaining more experince. My co-workers are proably the hardest part of my job. They are content with doing only one job that they have been doing for years. Where I'm eager to learn and do every job in my department. And that makes some of my co-workers feel uncomfortable because I m a fast learner. So they dont want to train or show you how to do a certain job or do it correctly. But, ounce I see what you are doing I can pick up on it easily. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that as long as I'm at work there is no area that will be behind. If someone else is not there because I can run two machines at the same time to keep production consistent. And help the company to keep makeing money.
Love the work, peak seasons hard to adjust to.
Brake Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 18, 2013
Good place to work. Management does recognize advance workers and give them more responsibility, but no more pay.
Pros
free breakfasts
Cons
short breaks, management rude
customer service
Customer service Rep. III (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 18, 2014
This company is a great company to work for. Good benefits, great employees. Good hours good pay. The hardest part of this job is trying to please everyone. It can be stressful at times
Pros
good pay
Cons
stress
Production is a must!!
ASSMBLY LINE/ WIRING STATION (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 28, 2012
The hardest part is when production goes up we still have to do the same amount of work in a short period of tack time, which is gross. That can be difficult @ time. Whateva co-workers have to say negative about me I ignores it &continue to do my job. The hardest part of the job is when they starts the line before the work schedule hours & that cost ppl to get behind.Hates that. The most enjoyable part is the money!!
Pros
free meals for birthdays & safety day meetings.fre vouchers for steel toe shoes.
Cons
favortism, supervisor talking to co-workers about employee. so unlike supervision.
Grear
Assembly Line Worker/Tester (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 8, 2014
• Inspected parts to ensure that they meet specific engineering instructions
• Set-up and operated tools for the assembly of lawn machines.
• Assisted in installation and testing of machines after the assembly process was completed.
• Cleaned and maintained the assembly line appropriately
• Pull random machines from assembly line to perform audits.
• Wrote daily reports after completion of testing and auditing the lawn machines.
• Read schematics and blueprints to assemble finished products
• Use hand tools or machines to fasten, adjust or assemble components
Advancement
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 29, 2014
Advancement is not good at the company but nice to work at with good people
team work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 15, 2014
I enjoyed working as a team. This company has great benefits and works well as a team.
Great Team atmoshphere
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 29, 2013
The company promotes working together with teams. They work hard, over time and weekends. They do what ever it takes to get the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALLIED AIR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2