ALLIED AIR Employee Reviews

busy and steady pace
OC2 (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 1, 2017
busy and a lot of walking.To make tops for air conditioners and equip it with a motor.management I say very good.the hardest part would be making sure you get the right motor.
Fun high school-like atmosphere
LEAK BOOTH OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  2811 millenuim dr Orageburg SC 29115October 25, 2017
The hardest part of my job was actually just getting to work and getting going. After I got to work everything was great, I think because I work with so really great people.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough salary increases
cool
Packer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 20, 2017
Fun place to work . THE job has wonderful employees and a wonderful HR department. was a very consistent work environment. with fun people that will make the day go fast
Pros
easy work
Cons
short breaks
The environment is calm.
Expander operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 18, 2017
Going too work wasn't always easy. Some days we would get off late and then have too come in earlier the next day. We only had two breaks, which barely gave us enough time too eat lunch.
productive and a fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 15, 2017
i really enjoyed working at this job, the people was very nice, i enjoyed my job and working as a team on a daily basis, if i worked was finished we could leave or go to another department to work, it was a great learning experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks health care
allierd
Forklift Operator / Machine Handler (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 14, 2017
pay didn't match the work felt like I was working as a slave didn't wanna give a raise felt like there was no growth with in the company I would never work for them again
fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackville, SCJuly 19, 2017
Work day was always fun and interesting I learned to make ac units The management department was very sincere and made sure we were good Work was fun
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
healthcare
great hours and pay
allied air (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 16, 2017
Pros
candy machine
Cons
parking
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 11, 2017
I hated this place. Why because in orientation they tell you one thing but when you get to your first day on the job they change up and switch a lot of things around that wasn't told to you before you start.
Pros
Cons
breaks, and pay
Fun work place
Assembly line (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg scMarch 21, 2017
Nice place to work at and everyone is friendly . I also enjoy getting up and going to work everyday. An I prefer you to bring lots of food or use vending machines.
productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 16, 2017
It was a good place to work at and my co-workers was very respectful and my Supervisor was very nice and if I could to it all over again i will. The work environment was always nice!
Pros
working there
Cons
no benefits
Environment was nice.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 8, 2016
Job was great , employees and employers was great to work with.I enjoy the hours the compensation I would have love to grow with this company but because of my new location I had to resign.
Great work environment
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 28, 2016
Enjoyed working here both close work associates and supervisors were easy to get along with which made it a comfortable work environment
good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 24, 2016
I am happy. This is a great company to work for. I will retire from Allied in about 30 years. I like my job. I love to come to work. My work is not hard. The training is awesome.
Pros
lunch
Awesome enviornment
Water Spider/ Wirer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 17, 2016
Started off to a great start and ended that way. Co workers were great and so was management. Temps were offered benefits as well as vacation through the temp agency the company hired through. The only company I have ever worked for that did that. Never let anyone feel left out. Always felt apart of the team.
Pros
Fed us great on any given day and holiday and pay was reasonable at the time
Decent Place To Work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 14, 2016
A typical day at Allied Air starts off with a short morning meeting to review the previous work day and to speak on the goals of the current work day to meet. Due to second and third shift not having the proper amount of workers/staff to handle all job duties, each day starts off by cleaning up alot of their left over trash/mess from the nights before! I learn everyday that without the proper guidance from management or the proper amount of workers for the teams in the warehouse for each individual shift.... chaos and unorganizanized activity is inevidable! Which also creates a very unsafe work environment. I also learn how much better our work day goes when everyone decides to show up for work, for some people for what ever reasons just decide not to show up for work - which makes it even harder than it should be to not only keep up with the work load, but to catch up to production numbers. But with an above average hard work ethic, patience & determination.....it does get done after exhasting oneself. Management in some areas are helpful, in other areas not so much. In my opinion, management needs some help in a major way in alot of areas throughout there operation. My coworkers, as most coworkers on any job......are good workers. Some put forth their best initiative to do more than their part to get the job done and be the best team player that they can be for the team and the company....and then you have those that have the worst attitudes, are lazy, and don't have a care in the world - and barely do just enough to get by, if that. The hardest part of my job is  more... lack of organization with inventory. As a foklift operator/material handler at Allied Air it is very critical on your timing to keep up with the fast pace production of over 100 AC Units in 10 hour period equalling well over $400,000 in daily productivity for just our line on OM1. Due to lack of warehouse storage space, over 95% of the materials recieved are stored in a very unorganized, super tight, clustered area called "op3" that they even call the jungle which is a constant struggle everyday to deal with when rushed to get the part numbers for the line. But with prayer/patience, strong determination, persistance, and a go-getter drive....I make it through. The most enjoyable part of my job I would have to say is helping others. I love to do my best and keep a strong positive attitude with a smile and help others to keep pushing when stress levels and the job seem to become unbearable!  less
Pros
Short driving distance to and from work.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay/over worked, no health benefits for temp.
It was a very fast paced job wheather on the floor or in office
Assembler/Production/ data entry (Former Employee) –  Blackville, SCNovember 3, 2015
I started out working on the floor assembling coils for AC. it was a very dirty and stress full job. I done this from usually March to August, that was our peak AC time. From August to march I would be more or less a floater from working on a press to putting parts on heaters.
In 2003 I had to have carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and elbows I applied for a job doing data entry working with the engineering dept. and helping maintenance dept. with putting work orders in their system.
I worked in that department until 2007 when things started to get slow then I went back on the floor, assembling coils again.
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. and management was mostly good to work with till the last year when they knew the plant was getting ready to close.
The worse part of working at this plant was there was no heating or Ac in the plant, you couldn't stand the heat in the summer. We had a lot of people pass out from the heat.
I worked till I as laid off in 2009.
Pros
The pay and benefits were good.
Cons
The heat in the summer was terrible some days we were sent home when it got to hot.
Great experience
Stuffer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work, I had to stock up parts for the pre brazed rings then wait until pattern comes up and stuff the air coil accordingly. management always kept us up to date about work related topics. co workers were awesome and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to experience the job description
assembly
Assembly Line Employee (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 7, 2015
It is a seasonal job that dose not last all year. I enjoy working with my coworkers. I enjoyed the work, and the hours, that I did work.
Pros
air condition work place
Cons
being laid off several times a year
Team Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 17, 2015
A good company. Didn't learn much at this company at that time, but I remember the overtime was great and very convenient . Some of the people were very friendly. Not a bad experience though.
Pros
convenient spot
Cons
short breaks