ALLIED AIR Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome enviornment
Water Spider/ Wirer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 17, 2016
Started off to a great start and ended that way. Co workers were great and so was management. Temps were offered benefits as well as vacation through the temp agency the company hired through. The only company I have ever worked for that did that. Never let anyone feel left out. Always felt apart of the team.
Pros
Fed us great on any given day and holiday and pay was reasonable at the time
Decent Place To Work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 14, 2016
A typical day at Allied Air starts off with a short morning meeting to review the previous work day and to speak on the goals of the current work day to meet. Due to second and third shift not having the proper amount of workers/staff to handle all job duties, each day starts off by cleaning up alot of their left over trash/mess from the nights before! I learn everyday that without the proper guidance from management or the proper amount of workers for the teams in the warehouse for each individual shift.... chaos and unorganizanized activity is inevidable! Which also creates a very unsafe work environment. I also learn how much better our work day goes when everyone decides to show up for work, for some people for what ever reasons just decide not to show up for work - which makes it even harder than it should be to not only keep up with the work load, but to catch up to production numbers. But with an above average hard work ethic, patience & determination.....it does get done after exhasting oneself. Management in some areas are helpful, in other areas not so much. In my opinion, management needs some help in a major way in alot of areas throughout there operation. My coworkers, as most coworkers on any job......are good workers. Some put forth their best initiative to do more than their part to get the job done and be the best team player that they can be for the team and the company....and then you have those that have the worst attitudes, are lazy, and don't have a care in the world - and barely do just enough to get by, if that. The hardest part of my job is  more... lack of organization with inventory. As a foklift operator/material handler at Allied Air it is very critical on your timing to keep up with the fast pace production of over 100 AC Units in 10 hour period equalling well over $400,000 in daily productivity for just our line on OM1. Due to lack of warehouse storage space, over 95% of the materials recieved are stored in a very unorganized, super tight, clustered area called "op3" that they even call the jungle which is a constant struggle everyday to deal with when rushed to get the part numbers for the line. But with prayer/patience, strong determination, persistance, and a go-getter drive....I make it through. The most enjoyable part of my job I would have to say is helping others. I love to do my best and keep a strong positive attitude with a smile and help others to keep pushing when stress levels and the job seem to become unbearable!  less
Pros
Short driving distance to and from work.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay/over worked, no health benefits for temp.
It was a very fast paced job wheather on the floor or in office
Assembler/Production/ data entry (Former Employee) –  Blackville, SCNovember 3, 2015
I started out working on the floor assembling coils for AC. it was a very dirty and stress full job. I done this from usually March to August, that was our peak AC time. From August to march I would be more or less a floater from working on a press to putting parts on heaters.
In 2003 I had to have carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and elbows I applied for a job doing data entry working with the engineering dept. and helping maintenance dept. with putting work orders in their system.
I worked in that department until 2007 when things started to get slow then I went back on the floor, assembling coils again.
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. and management was mostly good to work with till the last year when they knew the plant was getting ready to close.
The worse part of working at this plant was there was no heating or Ac in the plant, you couldn't stand the heat in the summer. We had a lot of people pass out from the heat.
I worked till I as laid off in 2009.
Pros
The pay and benefits were good.
Cons
The heat in the summer was terrible some days we were sent home when it got to hot.
Great experience
Stuffer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work, I had to stock up parts for the pre brazed rings then wait until pattern comes up and stuff the air coil accordingly. management always kept us up to date about work related topics. co workers were awesome and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to experience the job description
assembly
Assembly Line Employee (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 7, 2015
It is a seasonal job that dose not last all year. I enjoy working with my coworkers. I enjoyed the work, and the hours, that I did work.
Pros
air condition work place
Cons
being laid off several times a year
Team Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 17, 2015
A good company. Didn't learn much at this company at that time, but I remember the overtime was great and very convenient . Some of the people were very friendly. Not a bad experience though.
Pros
convenient spot
Cons
short breaks
Spot Welder (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 2, 2015
It was nice production was at least 40 sets a day. Learned how to spot weld parts. Co-workers and management was good and the hardest part of the job was spark catch my clothes on fire.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not enough break time
Productive and a fun work work place
Brake Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 30, 2015
a typical day at work was very productive. You worked at your own pace but at the same time make production. it wasn't nothing hard about the job if you paid attention.
It was alright but very boring.
Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 7, 2015
It was not exciting and the team leader was rude and some of the workers had very nasty attitudes. I learned about the compressors and what to do and what not to do.
awesome boss to work for
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 24, 2015
An excellent place to learn, and grow. The atmosphere is great laid back and most of all professional. The management personnel's and co workers are like family.
Pros
awesome boss
Cons
no health care
Advancement
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 29, 2014
Advancement is not good at the company but nice to work at with good people
team work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 15, 2014
I enjoyed working as a team. This company has great benefits and works well as a team.
Blower House Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 23, 2014
i enjoyed my job. i learned thing anout how to put units together.
customer service
Customer service Rep. III (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 18, 2014
This company is a great company to work for. Good benefits, great employees. Good hours good pay. The hardest part of this job is trying to please everyone. It can be stressful at times
Pros
good pay
Cons
stress
strict and restricted work place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 25, 2014
a typical day would be hard. The suporvisors were very hard on all employees it also was a very strict working enviroment.
working
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Blackville, SCApril 6, 2014
I work 8hours a days sometimes 10hours.I learned too work with other friendly are not I had too train many that came in after me. I did what I was supervised to do. The hardest thing I had to do was work with unfriendly people but that wasn't often. Being able to train others what I knew how to do on this job.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
fun place
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 17, 2014
Fun place to work. Co workers very nice.The company cares about you.
Pros
good pay
Grear
Assembly Line Worker/Tester (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 8, 2014
• Inspected parts to ensure that they meet specific engineering instructions
• Set-up and operated tools for the assembly of lawn machines.
• Assisted in installation and testing of machines after the assembly process was completed.
• Cleaned and maintained the assembly line appropriately
• Pull random machines from assembly line to perform audits.
• Wrote daily reports after completion of testing and auditing the lawn machines.
• Read schematics and blueprints to assemble finished products
• Use hand tools or machines to fasten, adjust or assemble components
This was a fast paced company with friendly employees.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 5, 2014
I learned how to make air conditioners and hook wires up to make them work properly I really enjoyed working with some of my co workers.
Pros
were rewarded when we did a great job.
Cons
only had one 15 min break
Productive and great place to work.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Blackville, SCDecember 30, 2013
Worked there for almost 10 years and it was great. it was like working with family,

4.2