Allied Building Products Employee Reviews

Fun
Siding Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 25, 2017
I had a great time here. Had a slight issue with management not realising we needed more help. Worked a lot of hours and rarely took lunch. Super nice people
I loved working for myself
Owner opperator carpenter (Former Employee) –  NY and Long IslandJune 14, 2017
P&R Construction was a contracting company I started with my brother . We did a wide variety of construction work fro new homes to extensions kitchen and bath work as well as light commercial work.
Pros
working for youself
Cons
Waiting for people to pay.
part of the job
Delivery Driver (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 11, 2017
There are long hours due to the seasonal work. you get out what you put in. Management is constantly changing because of the nature of the work loads. Workplace culture is friendly as well as stressful depending on the workload during the season. If you can brush it off you will be able to fit in. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the last minute changes which happen every day. Workload is constantly juggled. Working with the different crews are the best part of the jobs as well as the time off in the winter.
Pros
benefits, pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJune 8, 2017
Excellent Place to work great location, Close to home and friendly environment. Great environment and friendly people. Enjoyed working here with a well balanced team.
Pros
Excellent Place to work great location
Cons
Excellent Place to work great location
Great physical work
Roof Loader/ Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 7, 2017
Not many problems with this company overall great company to work with was great team to work around. Enjoy the labor as work wasn't too hard but was fulfilling work
Pros
Ot
Cons
Sometimes work environments would be unsafe
Its a great company to work for.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIApril 27, 2017
The workplace culture is constantly moving and working hard, at the same time enjoying a great team to do it with. Everyone works hard with each other and always try to do our best.
Productive work environment. Always make sure you acheive your goal because Sales is very competitive.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJApril 16, 2017
I have worked here for about three years the working environment is great when you begin then it gets very competitive. It is always required to meet your goals. They also have great perks such as company dinners, holiday festivities and also a bonus if you ever meet the yearly goal.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401k, Paid Vacation time.
Cons
Short Breaks, Many different branches so don't be surprise that they will treat you as an "outsider"
Thanks to this job i am in shape
Rooftop Loader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2017
3 man crew on a boom conveyor straight truck delivering rooftop material to residential and commercial houses. Operating a conveyor boom and using a fall protection system.
productive and fun
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 26, 2017
Helped me to become better at adapting to various work environments. I gained pallet experience and how to adapt to a fast pace work environment that requires one to cooperate with the customers and help them find items when and if not visible.
Good benifits, Stable job, very high stress
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Worked for Allied for over 8 years. It was a good job for the 1st 7 years but then management changed and the pressure to make more deliveries faster the hours longer (most days were 12hrs some 16) it became to much for me. At 41 I thought to myself it was time to hang this up and try something new. Over all a great place to work if your a young kid that doesn't need family time.
Small office, good friendly atmosphere
Operations Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 20, 2017
Good company to work for overall, direct management can be tough to work for. Great benefits package and national so there is a lot of room for advancement from branch to branch.
Pros
Constatnly changing and troubleshooting
Cons
The management is tough to work under
Company is great, IT dept is ok
Project Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJFebruary 4, 2017
I really like the company and work culture. The people are great. The IT department, while a great group of people, is understaffed and over-promised. Work-life balance is difficult to achieve. People are over-allocated to projects and their is no relief in sight.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Cons
People over allocated, managers not willing to change
Enjoyed everyone that I worked with
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day get my deliveries for the day. Inspect the truck before heading out. Load the truck up with the materials I need for each stop then go do the deliveries. When done with the deliveries go back to the yard unloaded the extra materials and park the truck til the next day.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Benefits were real good
Productive place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 29, 2017
Allied can be a fun place to work and a very busy place too.The bosses can be very demanding, but they compensate you very well for working hard. The staff can be small.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours can be long
good job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAJanuary 25, 2017
deliever roofing material
boom truck operations
team work
winter lay off
good job but not life time career
people are great to work with general manger need a little work
Pros
home time
Cons
medical
Solid company with great compensation and benefits
Regional Pricing Analyst - West Coast (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Large, financially solid company with many locations across the U.S. and opportunities if you are willing to relocate.
Excellent compensation and benefits.
Management does not support their entire staff...strong favortism
Territory Sales Rep - Outside Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 22, 2016
Branch Manager is biased regarding age and gender. The overall company is a good company. The Toledo branch and the district it belongs to do not communicate or support their people.
Stay busy, time goes by quick
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLNovember 28, 2016
Take orders via email, phone, fax and in person.
Write orders
Schedule deliveries
Help customers determine materials needed to complete job.
Quote metal roofing
Find material at other branches if not in stock.
Hours can change daily
High paced work setting
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJNovember 16, 2016
Great people work for Allied Building Products. Fast paced environment with room for advancement. The availability of training for safety and product knowledge is some of the best I have experienced in my career in the construction supply industry.
Allied was a great company to work for
Regional IT Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raliegh, NCOctober 9, 2016
Allied Building products was a great company to work for. I enjoyed working with my team mates and traveling around to country. Allied took care of me as an employee.