Allied Building Products Employee Reviews

Last 9 months
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 22, 2015
For the past 9 consecutive months we have been without a Branch Manager to save some money at work, However this is taking a toll on myself and everyone here, From outside sales to operations and deliveries. This is NOT a way to run a business. Now I do not mind learning and moving up, but with out any form of compensation is unacceptable.
Was a learning experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJJuly 15, 2015
For the first 6 years enjoyed working there very much. With new management came many changes that took away the family atmosphere.
Recommend it
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 27, 2015
I love working for Allied Building. It's an interesting industry to work for. I would recommend anyone to work for this company. The staff is dedicated and team oriented. It's a great environment and culture of people to work with.
Good place to start off at as a case manager
Laborer (Former Employee), Capital Heights, MarylandJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and great people to work around and gain diversity awareness
Cons: no healthcare no benefits
* Developed and implemented an individualized 6 month program plan

* Served as an aid to homeless individuals through transitional housing programs

* Developed interviewing techniques and job search objectives for clients to achieve

* Developed a comprehensive training program for new employees

* Planned and directed staff training and performance evaluations.

* Reached out to homeless individuals if availability opened up

* Promptly resolved all clients questions or concerns
Productive and fun
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), East Rutherford, NJJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Hourly pay
Administrative work,Team environment, Hourly pay,Free BBQ's,
PK sessions (Product Knowledge), New Operational system, Outside sales experience, Warehouse experience, communication experience.
Co-workers made you feel like family....
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers.
Cons: Working in tough weather...
Overall, Allied Building is a good place to work. I hated leaving my co-workers but it was a decision that was made for me, not by me. Good benefits, good environment.
load and unload
Forklift Operator, Loader (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: seasonal
helping satisfied customers daily with the full trust and understanding we can do the job and do the job once. keep up with set up trips in yard and maintain full cycle goes smooth so our trucks get and and out.
Overall a great place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), east rutherford, njApril 13, 2015
Pros: paid time off, benefits, culture
Cons: lack of communication from management
The only challenge is that there is often a lack of communication between management and employees. But for the most part this is a great place to work as far as paid time off and the benefits are excellent. It is a fairly casual and friendly place to work.
Work Hard
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: no
Contact customer who had accounts with the store.informing them of products that we offer sales and discounts that we had. Ask about any concerns or request they may have. I learned that in order to be the best that i could be as a Inside /Outside Sales Rep. that appearance , attitude, mannerism, knowledge of material I was selling were vital to my success. In management one must be dependable, reliance, assertive, creative, leader. Co-workers you learn to deal with individuals based on their personality treat that person as I want to be treated with respect. Hardest part of my job was dealing with upper ;management that wasn't fair due to interpersonal relationship which often times created disadvantages that challenge my sale goals.The most enjoyable part of my job was being all to assist my customers, and providing quality products to complete their goals. which lead to valuable relationships.
Good people, but bad systems and poor training.
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDJanuary 26, 2015
Work off your weekly plan, make your top 10 contacts and try to make 3 new contacts.
Instead of one sales manager we had 3 so very confusing. Pricing was all over the place. Bad phone system at the branch. And an out dated point of sales program that made very hard to read quotes.
Good people to work with but short handed at operations level, drivers and warehouse workers.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
warehousman (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILDecember 26, 2014
Pros: ////////////////////////////////////////////
Cons: ////////////////////////////////////////////////
A typical day at work is very hectic. Always multitasking because you have to know all areas of operation.loading unloading trucks,helping customers, and putting together orders. Its very heavy work.....
Watch your back
whse foreman, inside sales, inventory control (Former Employee), west allis ,wiSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: manangement, owners, regional managers
ok company in the 90's and 00's... But depending on who is the regional manager you may get laid off with literally no warning as in seeing a severance on your paycheck... I was there 11 years..... Just watch your back
great company to work for but moving to rapid city sd
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDAugust 19, 2014
hard to keep employees and getting tired of training new people in and allied is not willing to raise pay scale to keep drivers
Good company to work for just didn't have enough work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 3, 2014
I also did a lot of sitting around with this company. The company was in Colorado and was a weather based job. If we had bad weather we had no work. I only worked here for a short amount of time and don't remember a lot about this job because it was a few years ago.
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 24, 2014
Great corporate structure. safety minded. well managed. highly organized
Great place, fun people to work with, great memories
Branch Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, golf tournament, excellent benefits, made great friends
Cons: typing quotes for sales reps, my job being eliminated
I was the Admin manager, I ran invoicing, file maintenance, ordering supplies, cash handling, closing of the store, running the deposit, inventory control, typed quotes for sales reps, coordinated a yearly golf tournament and customer appreciation night. Helped customers with complaints and or concerns, gave credits, ran errands.
Good place to work with good employees
Material Handler (Current Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 31, 2014
A typical day would consist of pulling orders for customers for delivery. Co-workers are really nice and good to work with.
Great company to work for.
SOTP Trainee (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 10, 2013
Pros: loved the building materials
Cons: housing market was crashing
- Sales & Operations Training Program
- Inventory Management
- Over-the-Phone Sales
- Loading Delivery Trucks
- Vendor Relations
Good Work Environment
Driver (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good equipment
Cons: lots of loose ends (not honest with employees)
The fellow employees at this company are good people and make the day go by a lot faster.
Hard physical work. You better have a strong back for this job.
Managing Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good pay, on time
Cons: we're here to just work type attitude
Loading and unloading countless tractor-trailors with heavy merchandise. I.E., Roofing Shingles, Siding, Decorative Stone, Vents etc. I learned to keep myself in tip-top shape for this. Management didn't really care too much, we worked until everything was done. No camaraderie here.
Hardest Part: Your aching back.
Enjoyable Part: The Paycheck. The job paid well.
I guess one has to sacrifice something.