Allied Building Services Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 26, 2017
Allied is a smaller family owned company that has grown exponentially over the past several years due to the hard work and dedication of the great people who own and manage it. I have worked here for over 6 years and have found that if you are willing to be a hard worker who cares about your job then you will not only be very fairly compensated but you also become a part of the Allied family. Due to the fact that we are in the building maintenance and construction industry there are times when it can get extremely busy and pretty stressful. One of the many great things about this company is that when those situations arise you have a team of people behind you supporting each other to get thru it when it gets rough. On the other hand when the industry is a little on the slow side, Allied will do everything it can to keep the work flowing and keep it's families supported. There is a reason this company is still in business after almost 70 years and that those who think the grass is greener on the other side often come back to a company that truly cares.
Pros
Positive and supportive team atmosphere, unlimited growth potential
Productive Place to Work
LABORER (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 14, 2017
This is an excellent place to work. Owners treat everyone like family. Pay is good. I have worked for this company for many years and they have taken good care of their employees.
High Paced/Challanging Office Environment
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 18, 2017
As a dispatcher/customer service rep., there are many challenges you face daily to meet customer needs and keep techs working full schedules, at times, this can get very stressful, however, working through these rough patches leaves you with a very rewarding feeling of individual and team accomplishment. This is a fast/high paced environment that is never dull and never the same as a previous day, which keeps most people from becoming bored/complacent. There is a bit of a love/hate relationship with this job due to the amount of stress involved. As I get older, the appeal of these stressful/crazy days is wearing off, and I find it does for most people, which is why I am currently in the process of looking for another job.
Pros
occasionally catered, after work events, not micro-managed where it doesn't need to be, staff that care about their employees.
Cons
Stressful at times, large amount of job responsibilities compared to pay offered (which are ever growing)
I got to meet some interesting people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 2, 2016
I did the same thing everyday. I cleaned and mopped restrooms and kitchen. I pulled and dumped trash. I vacuum and dusted daily. Some of the people I met was exciting.
Pros
Meeting the famous people I met
Cons
working on Sunday
Terrible place to work
hvac technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 13, 2015
They don't know how to treat you in this company. Management sucks . Everyone is on your back and never give you space to do your work . Turnover rate is very high also
Great wokplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 15, 2015
Great place to work at it is a calm environment. Typically all contact is through Emails and some phone calls. Mainly getting in touch with maintenance crew to make sure they are doing the proper job each day.
Overall Good
Supervisor Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2015
Make sure all accounts covered and all employees of road crew were on as schesuled. Learned how to operate all machines required to do job. Learned to improve communication skills and leadership qualities. Most all employees performed job duties well needing very little guidance. Manager displayed good leadership skills and demonstrated complete confidence in my abilities to do my job. Enjoyed doing my job and found nothing at all hard to do.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
No health insurance
This was a contract job and in the building that i worked in was a friendly enviroment they made me feel like i belong there.
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 16, 2014
A typical day at work would being with stocking my cart and immediately began to clean the main entrance by cleaning the public restrooms pulling trash vacuuming dusting and cleaning the windows. I have learned that communication is everything and it is ok to ask for help. The hardest part of my job was cleaning areas that i was not responsible for so that i would not get any bad reports and i also did it because i was my own supervision I just wanted to do a good job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the events they always had to bring the staff and community together.
Pros
Free launch
Cons
No benefits
They are enjoyable place to work.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 8, 2013
It is not really a bad place to work for. They do not like giving raises at all. I worked at two different job sites for them. The mentally ill sight. was a very enjoyable place to work in. It was just like a emergency room you never knew what you would walk into.
It was a job
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MIDecember 4, 2012
Wasn't there long enough to have an opinion about the job, I worked with 2 other people it took us 4 hours to clean it.

Want to know more about Allied Building Services?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.