Allied Building Services Employee Reviews

I got to meet some interesting people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 2, 2016
I did the same thing everyday. I cleaned and mopped restrooms and kitchen. I pulled and dumped trash. I vacuum and dusted daily. Some of the people I met was exciting.
Pros
Meeting the famous people I met
Cons
working on Sunday
This was a contract job and in the building that i worked in was a friendly enviroment they made me feel like i belong there.
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 16, 2014
A typical day at work would being with stocking my cart and immediately began to clean the main entrance by cleaning the public restrooms pulling trash vacuuming dusting and cleaning the windows. I have learned that communication is everything and it is ok to ask for help. The hardest part of my job was cleaning areas that i was not responsible for so that i would not get any bad reports and i also did it because i was my own supervision I just wanted to do a good job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the events they always had to bring the staff and community together.
Pros
Free launch
Cons
No benefits
They are enjoyable place to work.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 8, 2013
It is not really a bad place to work for. They do not like giving raises at all. I worked at two different job sites for them. The mentally ill sight. was a very enjoyable place to work in. It was just like a emergency room you never knew what you would walk into.
Terrible place to work
hvac technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 13, 2015
They don't know how to treat you in this company. Management sucks . Everyone is on your back and never give you space to do your work . Turnover rate is very high also
Cons
Unsafe and no job security
jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Detroit miDecember 26, 2013
The job has it pros but has more cons than pros. Don't trust upper management. Even if you are asked for an opinion just agree with them. They will give you an iPad to use with no training on the programs they use. They take money out of your check for internet usage that I didn't use. Had I had the proper training this could have been avoided. I actually loved my job but upper management and company policies ruined it. Good luck lasting longer than a year... Most don't.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Management and unsafe working conditions. Travel
Overall Good
Supervisor Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2015
Make sure all accounts covered and all employees of road crew were on as schesuled. Learned how to operate all machines required to do job. Learned to improve communication skills and leadership qualities. Most all employees performed job duties well needing very little guidance. Manager displayed good leadership skills and demonstrated complete confidence in my abilities to do my job. Enjoyed doing my job and found nothing at all hard to do.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
No health insurance
Great wokplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 15, 2015
Great place to work at it is a calm environment. Typically all contact is through Emails and some phone calls. Mainly getting in touch with maintenance crew to make sure they are doing the proper job each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9