ALLIED COMMUNITY RESOURCES Employee Reviews in United States

Position tests patience
In Home Caretaker (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTJune 6, 2016
A typical work day consists of feeding and changing the patient according to his/her schedule. Also consists of entertaining patient with outdoor and indoor activities.
still employed
Pca (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 17, 2016
i love the fact we have the ability to work with vast cultures and directly with the clients.

great hands on experience

one on one direct care
Calm place to work
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 21, 2016
I love that they are available to me when i am at a site. It is a good work environment and i enjoy every day that i am there. The company is very productive.
depends on client needs
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 17, 2016
Good place to work hard company to get into have to find own client but flexible schedule perfect company for beginners easy job. Other clients can find you on the registry list. Love being part of some else life in helping. Only con want more hours need more clients. But very great company to grow with.
Pros
excellent pay fexabile job
Cons
not much hours.
okay company
Companion/PCA (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTFebruary 17, 2016
looking for more hours, and need to find a client that is close to new haven. overall nice company and the clients are great
Pros
nice clients
Cons
need more hours
home heath aid
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTJanuary 24, 2016
dealing with patients, feeding them, changing them if needed catheter placement or changing, assisting with taking meds
Pros
good pay
love this place!
Check all bed and chair alarm on unit arrival (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 9, 2015
The people you care for are really humble and appicative, i feel thus far this is the best home care agency that ive worked for and ive been with them snice 2010
Pros
they have a unioun
Cons
overall summary of the job
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 16, 2015
great easy job, were you are in the human service field everyday to help clients who are in need, for example mine was a physically handicap man who i help everyday
Pros
easy job
Cons
nothing
very emotional
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  wallingford, ctMay 13, 2015
I took care of cancer patience's , which is very sad and emotional. I give nurses alot of credit for what they do. you get attached to your clients and then to go to a better place. But you have to have alot of love you clients
Great job to work at if you enjoy helping others
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 8, 2015
I love working as a Personal Care Assistant, I get to help people. Thats the most enjoyable part about the job, I learned/gained alot of social skills.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTApril 2, 2015
I loved working for this agency and I had to work in the area that I lived in since I did not have a car or my drivers license. I was doing home care and I worked as a PCA and only had one client.
easy and loved working there
In-Home Aide (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTDecember 19, 2014
This job was a placement with a blind disabled woman in her home. It required me to wash her, make sure she took her medication on time, run errands for her, cook, clean, do her hair, and anything that she required. i enjoyed the job because i love working with people and making them happy. My real joy is for children, i did my internship for medical assistant at Chapel Pediatrics in New Haven, CT for two months and that was a the best. I really wish i didn't have to stop but they were not hiring at the time.
Pros
i was able to work, with someone that i knew, i also am a neat freak, i love to cook, all the errands i had to run was accessible to get to, because she lived close by everything walking distance.
Cons
i really didnt have much problems, she had to go in to the hospital, i enrolled in college, which was far away, so to stop working with her was my only down fall.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTOctober 20, 2014
The assistance with a wheelchair bound gentlemen. I would do all ADL's with an mechanical lift system used. ROM and recreation was done on his schedule per physical therapy orders. The hardest part of was watching his struggle with the progression of his disease and the most enjoyable was the pleasure of seeing his smile everyday even with his disabilities he made the most of his life.
Pros
being part of his day
Cons
dealing with his hardship in his daily living
cool job; good way to gain knowledge/experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTJuly 10, 2014
not always on my feet, boring.
I learned how to care for a client and tend to their needs.
manger was nice and considerate.
co-workers were nice and respectful.
hardest part was mobility assistance.
most enjoyable part was doing my work and feeling like I was getting things done.
Pros
food, good pay, you learn a lot
Cons
a lot of downtime, boring
Perfect for a busy school schedule
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTMarch 4, 2014
I work by myself to take care of my employer. She is a wonderful woman who is a sweetheart, but she can be stubborn at times and want to do things herself, which is the most difficult part of my job when I'm supposed to be helping her in the time I am not at school. My job is to do any errands or chores she needs assistance with, and occasional grooming help. This job has taught me patience and how to accommodate people who have mild physical disabilities. My typical day involves running to the grocery store, tidying up her apartment, and talking to her about what she needs help with that day. I love listening to her talk about her life and I feel like I make her day a little better, which is the best part of the job.
Pros
fairly simple, flexible hours, good part time work.
Cons
not many hours, not helpful in advancing my legal skills, not mentally stimulating
Health Care , average pay, family atmosphere
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 27, 2013
Flexible schedule , no medical benifits, no pay raise 12.38/ hr base pay.
Cons
you must find your own clients, theere is a registry.
Great Company
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hebron, CTOctober 18, 2013
Great company to work for. My supervisor is the best! Wish there was more advancement but its not bad.
Excellent
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTAugust 31, 2013
They have opened my eyes to something that's melts my heart!!!!
My Passion.... Direct support
Typical day as a Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTJuly 31, 2013
I arrive at 2:00 pm. I ask the patient how was your day, and week, once we stop speaking; I start doing my chores such as making her bed and changing her clothes, and then I do light house-keeping. After finishing I prepare her meal, I set the table and have her eat her meal. While she is eating, she continues to speak about this and that. When she finishes her meal I remove the utensils and hand washed them. Afterwards, I put them away. While I am washing the dishes, she takes a bath and get ready for bed.
Pros
working with patients
Cons
need longer hours of work
Convenient
Private CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 9, 2013
Utilized skills learned during CNA course. Pay was frozen, so no increase.

4.4