ALLIED COMMUNITY RESOURCES Employee Reviews

Excellent experience
Private Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 23, 2017
Very great learning experience, great to learn more positive ways to help people. I've had learned many different ways to be apart of a awesome team of leaders and gain nothing but Positive feedback!
great temporary experience
Personal Care Aid (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 13, 2017
The PCA position is a great opportunity for those looking to gain experience within the field, but not great for long-term employment.

It is worth mentioning that allied has a terrible payroll system and there have times where my paychecks have been weeks late
Flexible hours and great relationships with care-receivers
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTMay 11, 2017
Learned basic PCA skills including using the hoyer lift, bathing, grooming (shaving, brushing teeth, clip nails, etc), transportation, feeding and cooking, and housekeeping. Have a great relationship with my boss and continue to learn things on a daily basis
Excellent work place
Companion/Homemaker (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTMay 9, 2017
Allied is a super great company to work with. You meet so many new people and learn so many new things. I love the edlery people i have worked with. You build a great connection when working in that feild.
Benefits
I like the flexible schedule
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 28, 2017
Being able to work with all people not just the elderly,and that I can make my own schedules and always looking for ways to expand different levels of care
Productive Team who keeps everything in Check
Acuired Brain Injury, Care Providor and CNA. (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTApril 18, 2017
Never had a Fail with the Company. I enjoy Taking care of People.
fixing People's Homes is enjoyable, as I generally like to be organized.

I learned Time Management of my own through this work. I am able to apply these same concepts towards my own life. These same concepts taught me to be well rounded even better than I thought I was already....Towards my own family.

Working with Allied Community Resources, Taking care of people is a very humbling experience.
Pros
Jobs always there.
Cons
Steady Schedule with a possible Flexible.
Fun and fullfilling place to work
PCA (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 12, 2017
Great company to work for especially when working with a nice family. It can be stressful at times. Paid training including CPR is offered which is a nice benefit.
convinient easy paced work stlye
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 6, 2017
convenient with work hours, flexible and resourceful agency. Provide great services for its clients and make them selves readily available . Job provides a great work and personal life balance
Very independent company
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 27, 2017
This company has you meet with their clients to be hired. Upon hiring its only you and the client and very little to no interaction with the agency. Its bittersweet. However i had no problem with them. Only reason why i had to leave was because my client couldnt offer full time hours and she shortly passed away.
Pros
Independency Client interaction
Cons
Communication
Private care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 23, 2017
At allied I did private care I took care of elderly residents at there home prep all there meals and feed the resident doing laundry and light house work.i also pass meds I am certified med tech checked blood sugar and did vitals.
okay
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTMarch 8, 2017
It is annoying to have to fax timesheet. When calling them it is hard for them to be organized. Overall, it is okay to work because you don't actually have to interact with them because I do home care.
Good average job
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 6, 2017
The work days as a personal care assistant were good. I was comfortable accomplishing my goals and staying on task. It was easy to communicate with the person I was assisting.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short hours, no healthcare
working with clients only good thing about this job
ILST (Current Employee) –  CTFebruary 24, 2017
This company has the worst customer service I have every encountered in business. Problem resolution is non-existent. They provide the employer with as little information as possible and then tell them any issues are not their problem they are just the pay source. The state should look at funding the client's and cut out this company which would allow for benefits allowing for a continuum of quality care.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
too many to list
Great job for people already in the field.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 20, 2017
The company pays a fair hourly wage in comparison to similar jobs in the Waterbury area. You can only work part time. This is a con for me as someone with three kids I really need a full time position. Also, I took on a patient who is terminal, developed a strong friendship with her and as her illness gets worse it is taking a toll on me emotionally.
Pros
Work hands on with the elderly or children whom employ you
Cons
No benefits, not even with the union, Working with terminal patients can cause an impact on you personal life
It was a good job but lacks in benefits.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 20, 2017
It was a typical day at work. It was a good experience to learn and grow as a person with good pay. Only con is it didn't provide any benefits or job growth. No raises.
Pros
Pay, and schedule was flexible for employee
Cons
No benefits or raise
Enjoyed the experience
Independent Living Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CtFebruary 2, 2017
This agency hires providers as consultants. There is really not a job culture but they put a great deal of trust and freedom to be creative
Pros
freedom to be creative
Cons
No benefits
Fun work experience
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 12, 2016
A typical day for me at work is mostly normal sometime a easy day. My co-worker are good people we communicate good with one another there nothing really hard about the just as long as you do what has to be done and the most enjoyable part about my job is getting to do what I love to do
Productive Workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTNovember 18, 2016
Helping patients bath, dress, eat, light housework, transfer etc. The pay is great, 13.5 a hour biweekly. Great opportunity getting to know & building a relationship with the client
Pros
Get to choose your case
Cons
Limited hours
I love people
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTOctober 18, 2016
I like to work with people, and this job has allowed me to be there for those that are in need. I just like being there for those that need help
Pros
i like the flexabiliy of being able to choose my hours
Great company to work for
Certified Nurse's Aide (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTOctober 3, 2016
Set hours providing comfort care to clients. Different workshops to attend. Management follows up with concerns. Work alone on assingments although their is effective communication between workers. Hospice envoirments. To see the clients pleased.
Pros
flexable schedules
Cons
no benifits for pca's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALLIED COMMUNITY RESOURCES. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2