Allied Health Group Employee Reviews

Work was fine.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTOctober 30, 2017
I was a home aid. I was working for a woman with a disability. Helping to keep her house in order, as well transporting her to her appointments. I had very little contact with Allied home office. The woman I was helping was my supervisor and boss.
Great opportunity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 26, 2017
Career job experience was just what I needed to advance my knowledge and work experience. I had an opportunity to work in a women's correctional facility for the first time and it was a great opportunity
Temporary Staffing Company
Medical Office Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2017
Allied Health provided temporary employment to companies that needed just temporary help due to permanent employees being on vacation, out on sick leave, etc. There isn't a typical work day because each day was different depending on where you were sent to help. I had a wonderful position recruiter, he always kept me informed of any changes, where I had to be and so on.
Pros
Flexiable, diversity, and opportunity to get more experience
Cons
no vacation pay, no sick pay
Great!
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2017
Loved it! IT's an great place to work! You will love to work there, it opens doors to many opportunities! I would recommend that they do work really hard to find you a great opportunity.
Pros
Life Balance
good company
Aid Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2017
great company especially if you are up to the challenge of taking care of those who need help in different areas in there life. Great part about the job is seeing your client smile and you know they are very grateful of your assistance.
Very Good
Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist ( Contracted) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2017
My experience with Allied has been positive. I had a very nice manager and appreciated her cooperation .

Foot doctor's . All were professional and good to work with. Co-workers were great and helpful
Pros
Nice co workers
Ma
Medical Assistant/St Agnes Hospital (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2017
working here was great. I wish i could've been hired permanently instead of working temporary assignments. Overall the company is great and they make sure employees are comfortable working on assignments
i enjoyed working for allied health group
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2017
Working for Allied Health group was a great opportunity for myself. If i didn't go to school to become a full time nursing student. I would still work there hopefully after I am done school I can go back and work for this company they are great.
review summary
Unit clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA 94612June 18, 2017
this is an employment agency, was very helpful to me to be able to obtain a job with a hospital. easy to contact and make adjust for scheduling and personal issues.
Pros
good people
Cons
no room for advancement
Great company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2017
Great company to work for job placements are always with reputable companies in the greater Milwaukee area. Company lives by its culture. Staffing takes a little longer than is expected.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
No long term contracts or acutual hirings.
easygoing workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTMay 23, 2017
- A typical day was one on one time with your client handling personal needs of the client
- I learned that a job can be more than just that a job it can even feel like home
- Management was great
- Workplace Culture was very diverse
- The hardest part of the job is learning a certain routine and always doing the same routine everyday
- The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with my client and learning how amazing someone can be no matter their age or disability or impairment
Pros
one on one with client, good pay
Cons
no cons
Great team and very friendly group of people.
Anesthesia Technician and G.I. Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 15, 2017
They are very helpful and are always there for you. They answered my questions quickly and professionally. They helped find me a great contract quickly. I was very impressed with the quickness i was given work opportunities.
Like the job, managers not as much.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDApril 28, 2017
Allied Health group writes contracts that almost make it impossible for CMAs to go from temporary to permanent employment. They make employers pay a very heavy penalty for trying to hire employees they have like on assignments and have a 6 month waiting period after an assignment has ended before a company is allowed to hire an Allied Health Group employee who has been on an assignment. They also don't provide any benefits that are advertised on their website.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
no way to lead to permanent employment.
Official response from Allied Health Group
May 1, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience at Allied Health Group. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, etc. If there was something that you were not offered based on your eligibility please speak with the branch manager. We appreciate that you took the time to provide your review.

Fast placement
Medical Assistant supplemental (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2017
Overall I had a good experience with being signed on with Allied. I had immediate assignments, all of which were long term. While working as an Allied employee I was able to fill in at my current permanent position with IU Health. Staff has always been available for me, returning calls promptly. The hardest part about the job was the pay. While it wasn't horrible, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
Official response from Allied Health Group
April 13, 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Allied Health Group. We are happy to see that you are enjoying your time here.

Hard working
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 22, 2017
The leadership and counselors at Allied Health work tirelessly to manage the unmanageable situation with the heroin issues in Portland Oregon. The volume of patients creates high stress, and yet the staff continues to work well with the patients in client care.
Pros
Freedom and autonomy in work space
Cons
high case load
Down to earth place to work at
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2017
The staff there is really friendly, however, i do get the vibe that they tell you anything to get you to take an assignment. i was placed on assignment and was told i would be doing one thing, i get tot he site and it was the complete difference of the job description that was provided.
Ok.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2016
They find you contracted work. Assignments do not come fast enough once one has ended. They do not reach out to you in regards to available opportunities. You're left wondering and must call them.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
They do not reach out to their employees
The extra mile
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 11, 2016
I have been affiliated with Allied for nearly 1 1/2 years. I have never had someone work so very hard on my behalf as my agent. There were always submissions to facilities that were just right for me, she always followed up and kept me informed. During my present assignment she has gone the extra mile every time an issue came up, whether it was payroll, insurance or work situation, and found me the answers or gave me the needed support and direction. My assignment was perfect for me and gave me the opportunity to develop a program that has already saved lives. Few nurses can boast of such an opportunity. I will always be grateful for her care and concern that always exceeded my expectations.
i loved working in the emergency room
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work would be not knowing if someone that's coming threw the door will walk out..
I learned a lot working there doing ekgs how to read them
I loved my co-wokers they taught me well for my first time working in the emergency room
the hardest part was seeing patients come in and some not going back to there family and always build a connection with your patients because you never know what it is they are going threw
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make your patients smile and they tell you thank you for everything you have done for me I really appreciate it
Nice place to work for with even better co-works and managers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2015
Nice place to work for with even better co-works and managers. A lot of companies use people that work for AHG and they seem to like the workers. The best part about working for this company is they have your back and will find you another site for you quickly if they feel like your being treated unfair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3