Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant School
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2017
This the school that I had attend to become and Certified Medical Assistant. This school is a great place to learn about the medical field and what's it is all about.
It was a pleasure working as an emplolyee and i would do it all over again
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 27, 2017
I learned a lot I enjoyed working with others it is a great experience. I enjoyed doing everything for this company the cooking, cleaning, being there with my client watching tv, talking and laughing about things. overall it was everything for me I love working with others and learning new things.
Pros
great communication
Cons
breaks were ok
Very productive and a fun company to work for
Unit / General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2017
My recruiter was very friendly and always kept me busy with assignments and I always worked with a great group of people, I would recommend this company highly.
I love my job
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 26, 2016
I enjoy taking care of clients and helping them in anyway that I can. I have a passion for this. Allied has connected me with clients so i can utilize my skills. It is a great company to work for.
Great company to work for.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 15, 2016
Well organized. Perfect schedule. Pleasant atmosphere with good working conditions. Opportunity to work from home.
Pros
Administration always available when needed
Cons
never get to see the office staff
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stuyvesant Falls, NYApril 12, 2016
I use to work 12 hours a day, and didn't receive enough pay. Also my hours were really inconsistent at times causing me to either lose sleep or not get enough sleep at night.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long hours, not enopugh pay
Absolutely terrible
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 23, 2016
They started out seeming like they cared about their employees well-being, but after awhile they couldn't care less. They pay you the bare minimum without any raises, regardless of your performance or seniority. They took away paid holidays, and once the law was passed, only allowed employees to accrue the minimum amount of sick time per paycheck. When it came to taking sick time, they told us the max time was 24 hours per year, even if you had accrued more than that. If you worked 40 hours a week, you would accrue about 65 hours of sick time, a year...They steal your money & don't even bat an eye
Pros
occasional cookies
Cons
no PTO, minimal sick time, no paid holidays, low wages, no OT
insurance authorization
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2015
This was a temp position thru the agency. Where I worked over at Planned Parenthood where I was on the phone a lot with insurance companies. I spoke with patients also thru the day and used a computer system they have which controlled everything.
Great Place to work.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 11, 2015
Great atmosphere to work. Variety of ethnic backgorunds to work alongside which always make for great discussions. Everyone comes together to try and change each students life for the better.
The worst workplace
carer (Former Employee) –  aberdeenAugust 20, 2015
Newly started this job. They expected me to work from 7am to 10pm with only 1 hour break.The management is rude. they push you to cover shifts and even when you disagree they put it on your rota. the pay is aweful and when they make the rota they give you 5 min to get from 1 side of town to another side of town without in anyway considering the distance it takes especially those that dont drive.this causes a chain reaction of angry clients who are not informed on time that you are going to be 30min late.oh and did i mention that the pay is horrible
Pros
non
Cons
your on your own so if anything happens its your word against the customer
ok work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2015
The pay was great which good raises. Friendly staff and employees. Short work hours and days. Day at work are putting parts together with other workers
Taking care of patients in their homes
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 15, 2015
Bathing, cooking, cleaning, errands, all that applied on each sight, giving medications, and reminded those that needed to take on their own.
Rewarding job to see patients get well
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 11, 2015
Working at Allied Healthcare is a rewarding job when it comes to seeing patients and creating a connection while seeing them get healthy. I have learned a lot about business management.
Nice work environment
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 17, 2015
Busy day to day with phone calls, emails, and collecting and processing paperwork. Always hard trying to get original paperwork from students in different states. I enjoyed when the departments worked together and made sure that we assisted the students with all of our resources.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
PTO time
brilliant
Work as a health care assistant (Current Employee) –  hadleigh suffolkMarch 31, 2015
love working for them and have been busy over the ten years with them they are very supportive and positive plenty of night shifts I have done my nvqs with them
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
small pay rise
walking from one house to another
care (Former Employee) –  londonFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day at work is always busy because you have to keep up with time, also punctuality of my co workers was the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is having to learn new things everyday eg. culture, personality and get getting rewarded by the management for you hardwork.
Pros
bonus
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful Job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 29, 2015
Very rewarding employment
Teamwork
Work friendly
Challenging workday but worth the challenges
Very rewarding
Pros
The People who I helped, Management and staff worked together as on
Cons
no lunch breaks
worst company in britan
carer (Former Employee) –  britanJanuary 8, 2015
If or unemployed stay on benefits if or employed do not bother applyin with this company they will promise u great career I give a full time job up to work with this company and the only hrs they was given me per week was 4 how they expect people to pay a mortgage run a house bills and children I don't know I nearly lost my house due to this bad firm they don't pay travel expences they expect u to b at there beck and call every hour of the day phonin at midnight to do calls 3o to 40 miles away is well unacceptable the management are awe full they bully you there is no enjoyable part of the job for people who can't drive they expect u to walk 10 to 20 miles out of area for a 45 minute call ha ha ha totally unbeleave able OK for the top boss to sit in his mansion while think to put people on zero hrs contracts let's only hope the government cracks down and stops this its go in back to slave labour not to mension ruinion people s lives and putting them in dept i this was one bad experience for me and I hope people read this and don't bother with this company u will b sorry be warned
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
Out Of Hours
On Call Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Stone, ENGDecember 8, 2014
I worked here for a while and when I first started I loved it.
Things then went down hill.
One tip is if you go for this job be thick skinned as you will be run raggid and not given any sympathy for being new.
They make out it is a call centre. My issue was how can a place dealing with elderly vunerable people be a call centre??
I myself joined thinking id be a customer service advisor helping customers and taking extra care with my work. However you are not given the time as if you try and work on something you will be put back on the phones straight away and nobody asks you what your doing before hand.
Also certain management focus on silly things like where your sitting, how many times you go the loo or if your talking to your friend.
There is no trust between management and staff. Management constantly watch you and make you feel like a child.
They give all higher jobs to people who have been there 5 minutes and have no care knowledge and can't manage or advise.
I would never return to Allied On Call.

However some people love the job. The one plus is the money but the hours are shocking for full timers and give you no life out side of work.

If your a call centre person this will be the perfect job for you.
Pros
People you work with and helping clients
Cons
Constantly watched, Poor Managment, No Progression.
Decent establishment to work for
Unit coordinator (Current Employee) –  oakland officeNovember 29, 2014
Since this is a staffing agency I don't work particularly closely with the people who run Allied Health. But I can say that I enjoy my assignment at Contra Costa Hospital and absolutely love my co-workers. Unfortunately this is not a permanent position so there is little room for growth and advancement. The hardest part of my job I feel is when a patient passes.
Pros
lots of learning new procedures and after care
Cons
non permanent and no benefits.