Allied High Tech Products, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and global distributor of equipment for failure analysis, materials characterization and materials research (Sectioning, Grinding, Polishing and Milling equipment for laboratory applications. We are located in the Long Beach, CA area, and are known around the world for outstanding design, excellent product quality and superior customer service.
The Equipment Electronics Specialist will work with customers to resolve equipment issues, and with a team of mechanical and electrical engineers, and assembly technicians, to service and support our products. The work is "hands on", fast paced, challenging and enjoyable.
Candidates should possess the following skills:
- A thorough knowledge of mechanical and electrical assembly techniques and procedures.
- Electrical / electronic knowledge and diagnostic skills are necessary, along with the ability to use and understand electrical test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, Current Clamps and soldering equipment
- An understanding of 1 & 3 Phase power.
- Ability to repair circuit boards at the component level.
- Ability to identify wiring and PCB faults, and have a working knowledge of PCB circuit and wiring diagrams.
- Understanding of stepper motors, proximity sensors, AC & DC motors and motor drive controls, and familiarity with industrial controls, contactors and relays.
- Experience in small machine assembly, start-up, and testing, including bearings, bushings, motors, drive systems, and fasteners.
- Electronic, mechanical and electromechanical troubleshooting experience.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree is a plus, however not required with the right experience.
- Micro-Controller, PLC programming and HMI experience is a plus.
- Background in machining and machine shop procedures is a plus.
- Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Field service experience is a plus.
- You are a problem-solver, self-starter, fast, goal oriented, highly organized, and team oriented. You are friendly and good with customers, and you have a track record of on-time, high quality machine building.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Some travel will be required.
We offer a competitive salary based upon credentials/experience, outstanding benefits including full employee health coverage, Flexible Spending Account, vacation, 401k plan and others, as well as a great work environment and plenty of opportunity to learn and grow.
Allied High Tech Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.
Email resume; no phone calls or walk-ins please.
Check us out online at www.alliedhightech.com