ABOUT ALLIED MECHANICAL:
Allied Mechanical (www.alliedmech.com) is a world class aerospace and commercial manufacturer and is dedicated to achieve continuous improvement in customer satisfaction through a commitment of excellence in the development, production and support of world class, high quality, cost effective, precision products, and assemblies, for use in commercial, government and aerospace markets.
Allied Mechanical offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees.
The CNC programmer shall be responsible for planning and programming machining sequence for precision machined components. Work will consist of programming 3, 4 & 5 axis machining centers, horizontal and vertical lathes, and Okuma 5 axis VTL and HMC.
The position is required to create efficient tool paths for complex machined parts with planning department and shop personnel to analyze and improve cycle times on new and existing part programs used on various machine tools.
- Generate and maintain part programs using Mastercam X7 all types of numerical control applications on CNC machines
- Use Solidworks to create complex and precise components, models, fixtures and tooling designs
- Work with engineers to analyze designs and determine the proper machine platforms, tool paths, fixture designs, etc.
- Fulfill specifications and requirements for all parts and tooling
- Produce high quality, finished parts for development, testing, prototypes, and production runs
- Troubleshoot and resolve production process, machine, and quality issues
- Develop process plans including routings, tooling requirements, machine tool selection, programming of machine tools, and initiating tool design work orders for manufactured parts
- Resolve quality problems in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Department
- Programming development of new parts or design changes
- Utilize drawings or CAD models to support program development
- Utilize CAM software to produce NC files
- Studies specifications, such as manufacturing operation sheets and blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerances, cutting tools required, sequence of operations, and necessary gauging required to ensure conformity to blueprint requirements.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILL SETS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Minimum 10 years experience in the Machining Field (milling and turning) or working in a machine shop
- Minimum 5 years experience with Mastercam programming software.
- Must have knowledge of set-up and CNC machine tools and operations.
- HyperMill and Solidworks software experience is a plus
- Trade school or college technical education preferred
- Experience working in an ISO environment a plus
- Willingness to work overtime regularly
- Must be able to communicate effectively and understand technical instructions
- Ability to read and interpret information from prints, factory orders, routings and other internal documentation in hard copy or electronic formats
- Strong problem identification and problem solving skills are required
- Conscientious, organized and meticulous – records must be accurate and maintained in a timely manner
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure
Allied Mechanical is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Allied Mechanical is a premier West Coast Manufacturer specializing in the fabrication and machining of tooling, ground support equipment,...