MANUFACTURING ENGINEER MANAGER
ABOUT ALLIED MECHANICAL:
Allied Mechanical (www.alliedmech.com) is a world class aerospace and commercial manufacturer and is dedicated to achieve continuous improvement in customer satisfaction through a commitment of excellence in the development, production and support of world class, high quality, cost effective, precision products, and assemblies, for use in commercial, government and aerospace markets.
Allied Mechanical offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees.
This position is responsible for a variety of day-to-day technical manufacturing engineering tasks (i.e. process & cell design, tooling selection, etc.). This position provides a link between customer design engineering and the production floor by providing manufacturing expertise during RFQ, scheduling, and manufacturing processes.
Supports the Production Department with respect to the manufacturing of products by solving manufacturing issues and reducing the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures while ensuring the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved.
Leads and manages an engineering department including planning and CNC programing. Establishs new policies, procedures, standardization and compliance of programs. Works with other members of management to improve the overall operation, quality, and service levels provided to customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement new/ improved manufacturing technologies that lead to process improvements resulting in improved cycle times and capacity
- Develop cycle time improvements in metal-removal applications (milling/ drilling/ grinding)
- Evaluate and use math-based analysis tools to improve output/ cycle times/ quality on machining processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve production process, machine, and quality issues
- Establish routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, and quality plans for revisions to current operations and new product programs
- Assist in team studies related to capacity, productivity and efficiency
- Plan overall strategies for improving manufacturing processes
- Develop process plans including routings, tooling requirements, machine tool selection, programming of machine tools, and initiating tool design work orders for manufactured parts
- Process ECNs and Deviations
- Investigate and analyze manufacturing problems, determines causes and implements corrective actions
- Recognize and implement cost savings / quality improvement opportunities for manufactured parts
- Upgrade existing manufacturing techniques and utilizes the latest in tooling, equipment and technology
- Resolve quality problems in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Department
- Project management and process development of new parts or design changes
- Investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control
- Analyzes production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confers with management, engineering, and other Departments regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Development of work instructions and set-up standards
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILL SETS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Four year college degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field and/or experience required
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience with machining processes and related equipment, and materials required
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience required
- Ability to lead and manage employee and department performance
- Proficient with MS Project, MS Office, AutoCAD, Pro-E, and CAD/CAM software
- Extensive CNC programming knowledge and experience in metal machining applications Mastercam Cam Software preferred
- Strong understanding of modern tooling technologies/ coating technologies used to improve cycle times and tool life
- Expertise of manufacturing system concepts and Lean concepts
- Experienced with Gages, process calculations, data analysis, interpretation
- Must be able to communicate effectively and understand technical instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret information from prints, factory orders, routings and other internal documentation in hard copy or electronic formats.
- Strong project management, problem identification, and problem solving skills are preferred.
- Lean and six sigma experience is a plus.
Allied Mechanical is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Allied Mechanical is a premier West Coast Manufacturer specializing in the fabrication and machining of tooling, ground support equipment,...