A family owned business for more than 40 years, Allied National is a progressive insurance administrator that markets and administers innovative medical benefit plans for small employers. We operate in a team atmosphere to deliver high touch, high value service to our clients. Our offices are conveniently located at I-435 and Roe Blvd., OP, KS.
We are looking to add a talented and ambitious developer to learn and grow in the position and become a contributing member of a progressive development team. We will teach you our business and our life cycle development methodology. Analysis and design will occur after one attains an understanding of our business. This entry-level position provides a unique opportunity for someone with a strong interest in application software development and who wants to work in a relatively small team environment. We don’t have hard separations between DBA, business analyst, designer, and developer. This will allow the Junior Software Developer more freedom to use and master their skills and to work with a broad scope of application systems.
· Work with internal business staff across multiple business functions to participate in the design and development of new application systems.
· Support of existing systems
· Analyze, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, document and implement new technical solutions.
· Oracle Developer Suite
· Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
Education & Experience
· Professional experience or post high school educational exposure to Computer Science
· Experience with tools/languages listed above is a plus
· Work and present well with Officers, Managers, staff and other peers in the organization.
· Perform on-line research and acquire new skills.
· Learn and understand insurance product coverage benefits and rating requirements.
· Work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
· Enjoys a highly collaborative environment
· Has a positive attitude towards the work of others
· Passionate about technology and business
· Handle stress with varying workloads that sometimes requires off-hours work.
· Relay technical information and to translate technical language into user-friendly terminology.
· Provide professional and courteous service.
· Speak, read, comprehend and follow written and verbal English instructions.
· Have excellent oral, written, analytical, and technical skills.
· Adhere to department and company-required standards.
· Meet company attendance requirements.
· Stay seated for prolonged periods of time.
· Understand departmental philosophy and schedules
· Solid testing and debugging skills
· Strong logic and analytical skills
Benefit package includes:
· Competitive salary
· Medical insurance
· Flexible work schedules
· Casual dress code.
For a complete Position Description and to learn more about our company, go to www.alliednational.com