Allied Personnel Services Employee Reviews

Allied Family
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 20, 2017
Allied is a family. To be a part of that family is a great experience. They genuinely care and work to help you and others the best they can. It was a joy to walk into work everyday.
Allied Personnel Services
Network Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 21, 2017
Allied Personnel Services helped me obtain a good job within the field I was educated in. Although I am employed through Allied, I physically work at Buckeye Partners L.P.

My answers on this summary are directed towards Buckeye Partners, not Allied.
Pros
free lunches, nice work associates
Cons
lack of communication, organization, planning
Flexible Schedule
SAP Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAApril 2, 2017
Allied Personal Services allows me to manage my own time and work from home if necessary. The staff are very cooperative and helpful and promote professionalism.
Allied Personnel Services
Warehouse Associate, Forklift Operator, Micro (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 22, 2017
This is a staffing agency. Most of the work is temp-to-hire or just temp work then they let you go. The good thing is that they search for jobs for you.
Pros
Pay is weekly
Cons
Close at 5 and not open on the weekends
good work environment
Intake Analyst (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAJanuary 5, 2017
This was my first temp agency that I went through and i thought they gave me a great position. The guardian was my first desk job and i really liked the work environment setting. the employees were very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed being able to get up from my office space and walk to other desks to ask others questions.
Pros
catered lunches, outside walking/jog area
Cons
short breaks
Treat people horribly
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, PASeptember 27, 2016
Went there to interview with Connie, while I was there filling out paperwork I saw three people walk out on the Easton office because of the way Connie treats people. Vey condensending and very misleading in there job placements. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Very productive and schedule work experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 19, 2016
I worked as a temp with Allied, and they would always hire me out to local labs and warehouses. I would perform basic reporting and manual labor, dependent on the job itself.
registered with allied in july 2014
was not placed (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 24, 2016
Have been registerd for two years i have called and e-mailed resumes that i feel iwas qualified to do . They told me if my qualifacations matched someone would call . Was told that there are other factors involved ,but was not told of what ....Really
Pros
Cons
everything
decent job placement
Per Diem (Current Employee) –  LutronMay 18, 2015
So I signed up with Allied and had a job within a couple of weeks. It was not in my field but I needed the money. They put me in a nice place.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
temp work is unpredictable
Find another agency
Slave (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 17, 2015
They are completely unfair when it comes to unemployment. There handbooks says call them if conditions at work our different than what was expected. My shift was 11:30-8. I did some night shifts when someone was on vacation the shifts shouldn't go past 12. There were times they would go past 3am. I told them I can't work thay late. Two weeks later they call and tell me not to come back into work. I apply for unemployment and they say I quit. Then I go back to them to look for a job they offer me a job I am not qualified to do and they tell unemployment that I turned down qualified work. Complete nightmare, they should be helping me not causing me hardship.
Pros
Lots of job offers, decent pay
Cons
No work life balance, you are there slaves
Official response from Allied Personnel Services
May 26, 2015

Hi Megan – We appreciate hearing your thoughts and are sorry to hear you are so displeased. We completely understood why you needed to leave the position after the hours change, and we were grateful to you for working there until your replacement could be found. The two positions we offered you after you finished your assignment were jobs you would have done very well with based on the experience you’d gained with us over the past year; we are sorry you felt you weren’t qualified for them. We will continue to look for other opportunities that fit the experience you have. If you’d like to speak further, we’d be happy to continue the discussion offline.

Temporary employment
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 6, 2015
Picking and packing orders, using the cherry picker and riding pallet jack to complete the orders for the customers due to ship that month.
Waste of Time!
Warehouse Clerical (Former Employee) –  BethlehemMarch 30, 2015
I was placed in a position that was not going to be around very long at all and they new it, but Allied lied to me and placed me in this job while I was thinking down the line I would be hired on. I found out after I accepted the position that the company was relocating 50 miles away and my job would be done. I was told this information by my co-workers.
Allied and all other Temp Services just want to place as many people as possible so it benefits the Temp Service...NOT YOU. Yes there are occasions that it works in your favor, but not to often. Good Luck and just remember you're just a dollar sign to them.
Pros
Cons
No Honesty
Temp agency worked on multiple sites
Light Industrial Worker (Former Employee) –  easton paMarch 8, 2015
I enjoyed my time with allied. They put me on a plethora of assignments. Mostly light industrial work like machine operator. It challenged me in different ways not so customer based but more production and teamwork. Management were hands on. The hardest part of the job was working 10 hour shifts
Pros
Fast pace challenging
Cons
Alittle disorganized
I really enjoyed working to differents places. It helped me improve my customer service skills.
RECEPTIONIST/FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  NYC, Mount Vernon, Bronx, BrooklynJanuary 6, 2015
Welcomed and greeted clients and visitors in person and over the phone maintaining top-notch customer service using a polite, friendly, consistent and professional...

Self motivated, personable and professional with clients,able to multi task , handle multiple phone lines, make appointments, knowledge of Microsoft Office.

Maintained reception area at all times providing a neat and clean appearance for visitors.

Sometimes I had to deal with upset customers
Pros
A strong team player a good communicator, organized with a great attention for details . Met people from all backgrounds, cultures and learned a lot from them.
Cons
I had to commute for more than two hours to one assignment
If you're happy where you are that's good, but hard to move to another position if you're not
QA (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 3, 2014
I recently found out that if you want to apply for another posted position with Allied that you have to give two weeks notice to your current temp position. I understand Allied not wanting to pull someone from their current position, however it's natural to want to work your way up or there just might be another job out there that you're better suited or more qualified for. It just doesn't make sense to give two weeks notice without any guarantee of landing the new position you're applying for.
Pros
Was offered a position quickly (probably because I knew someone that works for Allied)
Cons
Training at current place of employment was minimal
Fun fast paced work environment
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 28, 2014
A typical day for me is calling in trucks, picking and packing orders, and writing up inventory. I learned that Corporate America is a competitive place.
Pros
Work Environment
Friendly, helpful and caring
Part-time Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 11, 2013
They work hard at finding jobs for employee assignments. The assignments are good. I worked for them in the past before I got my full-time position that lasted a long time but eventually ended do to a departmental closing.
Pros
Gaining more skills and work experience
Great job placing
Sales and Marketing Admin (Current Employee) –  Easton, PANovember 24, 2013
Allied did a great job finding me work. Within a week I had phone calls for prospective job positions at various locations. I had received phone calls from Allied how things were going once I took a job and they worked with me and told me what I needed to know. They answered every question I had for them. They helped me out a lot!
Excellent Work Placement
Temporary Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Easton, PASeptember 4, 2013
Each job that I was placed in was a great match for me and my work ethics and personality. I recommend this agency to anyone looking for temporary and permanent placement.
Very good for an employment agency
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 25, 2013
Everyone I dealt with at Allied was very professional. I was treated with respect, and they were able to find me several decent placements.
Pros
Decent placements
Cons
It is temp work, so when an assignment is done and there's no more work, that's it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Personnel Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7