ALLIED POWER GROUP Employee Reviews

Power Plant Fabrication Shop
Machinist/Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2012
There was no "typical day" at work for me. Depending on the size of the job, depended on how long I stayed working on the same task. I learned several different skills at this job such as, tig welding, mig welding, grinding, beveling, jacking vanes to correct height dimensions, jacking air seals to correct dimensions, jacking blade rings to correct dimesions, assembling/disassembling blade rings/air seals. The management was always very organized, and cared for their employees. My co-workers turned into close friends and taught me a lot of things about the job. The hardest part of the job was learning the steps of each job. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I truly loved what I did, so I looked forward to going to work each day.
It was a good atmosphere to work in.
Sandblaster (Current Employee) –  Houston,TxJuly 30, 2015
My days at work was always busy.I learned how to blast an strip turbine parts.management wasn't the best but i did what i had to do to get my job done.the people I work with was very nice.hardest part of my job was puting on a suite in this heat.I enjoyed getting more then my job done for the company.
a good place to work
welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2013
very good place to work, just really bad management. Everybody gets along and works very long hours. But they do allow you to learn different skills and not just leave you to only one.
Pros
bonuses and christmas parties
Cons
short lunch breaks and very long hours
Very demanding. Lacking the balance between work/family.
Machine Shop Supervisor/ Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Long days with hardly any days off. No management support due to lack of knowledge. Understaffed and very frustrating.
Pros
payed the bills.
Cons
lack of structure and procedures.
Learned a lot
NDT Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2013
Fresh out of high school, they hired me & started my career in NDT. I am grateful for the opportunity.