ALLIED POWER GROUP Employee Reviews

It's not about what you know but who you know
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
Working there the company has never been able to manage the employees. The upper management was never around to help or guide employees to succeed. Chances were never given.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Healthcare, no stability
Great learning experience
CAD Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
i worked for Allied Power Group for a year and a half. i was laid off due to the slow summer months to come. Great place to work but not alot of room for advancement.
Pros
always learning
Cons
low pay
Mediocre company, excellent place to learn the trade
Tig Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 5, 2017
You can learn a lot there but there's minimal chance to advance and incentives are nonexistent. Plenty of overtime, sometimes too much but as I mentioned before, zero incentive. Raises are a joke and management is extremently unexperienced at handling every tasks as well as issues as they arise. In summary: lots of overtime providing you the opportunity to learn the trade, crummy raises and everyone fends for themselves as management has no clue as to what they're doing.
Pros
Overtime, learning experience
Cons
Raises/Incentives, management
Old school job enviroment
Technical Representative (Manufacture Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Not a bad place to work within there mind set.
Company was trying to set up income status to sell off from one of the investors.
Old school good buddy system, a lot of internal rivalry.
Turbine Machinist /Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
Nice place to work also the people there are very friendly and good to work with. Management also cared about employee's well being. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.
Great company,great employee perks
Machinist/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
Great equipment provided
Designed all the tooling needed to robotically applied coatings.
Building and machining utililizing
Engine Lathes
Bridgeport vertical mills.
TIG WELDING
Pros
Air conditioned new facility, Christmas bonus-meals, great insurance
Cons
No vision insurance, company struggling financially
An excellant company to work for.
Senior Lab Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2015
I support production and engineering in designing and producing a metal/ceramic coating for gas turbines. Samples are sprayed by production and evaluated by my lab before production can begin. This could be air plasma, HVOF or/and ceramic. I have an awesome team of co-workers. We keep tight control on documentation and quality. I review routers, analyze and write final reports. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing our customers are getting the best coating in the business. The hardest part will be leaving Houston Texas, because it is time to relocate to the home I own in Eastern Tennessee.
Pros
The respect each of us has for the other.
Cons
Needing to relocate.
It was a good atmosphere to work in.
Sandblaster (Current Employee) –  Houston,TxJuly 30, 2015
My days at work was always busy.I learned how to blast an strip turbine parts.management wasn't the best but i did what i had to do to get my job done.the people I work with was very nice.hardest part of my job was puting on a suite in this heat.I enjoyed getting more then my job done for the company.
Very demanding. Lacking the balance between work/family.
Machine Shop Supervisor/ Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Long days with hardly any days off. No management support due to lack of knowledge. Understaffed and very frustrating.
Pros
Payed the bills.
Cons
Lack of structure and procedures.
a good place to work
welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2013
very good place to work, just really bad management. Everybody gets along and works very long hours. But they do allow you to learn different skills and not just leave you to only one.
Pros
bonuses and Christmas parties
Cons
short lunch breaks and very long hours
Learned a lot
NDT Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2013
Fresh out of high school, they hired me & started my career in NDT. I am grateful for the opportunity.
Power Plant Fabrication Shop
Machinist/Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2012
There was no "typical day" at work for me. Depending on the size of the job, depended on how long I stayed working on the same task. I learned several different skills at this job such as, tig welding, mig welding, grinding, beveling, jacking vanes to correct height dimensions, jacking air seals to correct dimensions, jacking blade rings to correct dimesions, assembling/disassembling blade rings/air seals. The management was always very organized, and cared for their employees. My co-workers turned into close friends and taught me a lot of things about the job. The hardest part of the job was learning the steps of each job. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I truly loved what I did, so I looked forward to going to work each day.