Allied Universal Employee Reviews

potential to meet new people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 20, 2017
The typical day is usually busy and very stressful during the week. I've learned that you cant trust everyone to be your friend and that's ok. Workplace culture is very busy.
Pros
discounts in some places
Cons
immature people
poor place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 20, 2017
Started off okay, then here came the forced 12hr days with small staff one day off, no family time because they make you work all time non-stop poor management
My job site was high stress and did not pay its shift supervisors enough
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30309October 20, 2017
My job site was high stress and did not pay its supervisors enough. Also there were some faulty security cameras. My coworkers generally treated me fairly. Good behavior was encouraged by our site directors. We had great site directors.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Supervisors not paid enough
no raises
Secuirty Officer (Current Employee) –  lyndhurstOctober 20, 2017
the managers dont have communication. and unless your apart of the union you dont get raises. the uniforms are not durable. some of the account mangers are never available.
Pros
they have several sites
Not a bad place to work
Safety And Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2017
Despite the fact that I have been with this company since Feb 2016, for some odd reason I have yet to accumulate any vacation days. I find this rather disturbing
Poor Account Manager
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLOctober 20, 2017
Left due to poor account management and poor workplace conditions
Promised raise, false promise, no raise
Gave two week notice , account manager stated he wanted this employee to only stay for one week
Very unorganized account manager
Unethical behaviors observed by account manager
Pros
Cons
Pay, Poor managent, No lunch, No vacation
entry-level
Class D security officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2017
The company is ok to work for but management is so great with communication. I must say experienced a few great times working for the company before it became Allied Universal it was Universal Protection
Horrible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2017
I would not recommend this company to anyone. It has no advancement options what so ever, you are not given any paid time off, ever, sometimes regardless of the emergency, you are forced to put your job over your family or you are threatened with being fired, and the pay does not change. I would elaborate a lot more, but this place is THAT bad that I would basically write a long essay.
Pros
Sort of stable job
Cons
Completely drains you as a person
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAOctober 19, 2017
No longer a company, this company has been sold. the job was a great experience, and it was also great opportunity of salary. the location was close to home.
Very slow and relaxing environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 19, 2017
Allied Universal is a very fast learning and slow paced job I enjoy working for them but the pay is very low. The most enjoyable part of the Job is that Supervisors are not always checking up on you.
Provide security services for several locations.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2017
Provide security for several different locations. Ensured residents were offered a safe and secure environment. Patrolled area and reported any incidents that needed action to resolve situation.
Pros
Management was accessable to resolve any incidents that might occur.
Cons
None to report.
For anyone who appreciates and likes to work outdoors.
secretary at the main (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 19, 2017
This position can be a fast paced to slower paced opportunity from first time employment to retirees. Work skills learned can be applied at many other positions and bonuses are added to the benefits offered.
A typical day at work can begin slow and turn into a fast paced environment, or visa versa. The weather is an additional bonus as those of us who like the ever changing seasons and conditions.
The job site is at a welcoming and inviting location with amenities such as modern 'vending' options and a great group of folks to work with and around.
The hardest part of the job is during height, when the shift starts fast paced and stays fast paced throughout.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a steady pace is accomplished all day.
Pros
Consistant schedules
Cons
Lack of paid leave.
Management is good but the staffing, not so much.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53202October 19, 2017
Overall, the management for the contract I work for with Allied is pretty decent. The main issues though are with the staffing and work flow. There is just not enough activity going on with the position I have. With always being short staffed, I work anywhere from 44 to 60 hours a week. At least they give you small benefits like paid vacation after you'v been there for at least a year and Xmas bonuses. Need some better and cheaper healthcare options though.
Pros
Decent Management, OK benefits
Cons
Staffing issues, Long hours and very little work activity.
face paced company with tons of business
Security Program Manager at Google Headquarters (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 19, 2017
There is so many customers that upper management has loss its focus. There are plenty of opportunities though.. Stay focus and work your way up if they give you a shot. Seek guidance when needed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible benefit prices and poor upper managment
bad!
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2017
really boring bad managment/ stay away from job, nothing good about this....... this place is for people who want low pay and bad mangers, this place is bad stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fun, fast pace, great hours.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19132October 19, 2017
Great company. They have some really good sites. There are some great people that works there. Some site are union sites. The union is good. But at some sites you have to have patinces.
Its ok.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INOctober 19, 2017
It's an ok place for retired old people. Not for the young . Ok for college students who are part time. Or single mothers with kids in school or young fathers starting out.
Pros
Cons
Pay and hours suck
Pays the bills at least
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenlawn, NYOctober 19, 2017
The job pays the bills, but the company itself does not take care of you. Say good bye to your life outside of work. If you tell anyone you have free time, all of it will be taken away and you'll end up working almost every day. The job is good for when you're in or out of college and need to pay your bills, but find something else as soon as you can.
advancement
Supervisor Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 19, 2017
nice company to work for but when it comes down to promotion this company do not recognized experience vs rookie when it comes down to promoting within the department or post
Pros
pay every week
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Depending on the client.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2017
I have never worked for a terrible client, how ever, before Allied Universal existed, it merged into Allied Universal the beginning of the year, our whole Denver office changed, and when the employees changed it messed up things for people in the field. No one seems to ever know any thing. But the actual work you'll do is not difficult, just need to be alert and able to make sure you're focused on your job site.
Pros
Plenty of openings
Cons
No paid vacation time, sick time, or time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Universal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8