Allied Universal Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 20, 2017
Most days start with relieving a fellow officer that is on the post that is assigned to you and keeping logs of what goes on throughout your shift. Easy place to work, but can get boring at times.
You can learn alot in a short period of time.
Security Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2017
Allied Universal is a great company to work for, its just the benefits could be alot better for all that you endure.The hardest part of the job, I would say, would be standing on your feet for 7.5 hours.
Pros
pay raise every year
Cons
you dont accumulate sick leave or vacation time you are given a set amount of days, regardless of the overtime that you work.
Be on your toes at all times.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2017
The management at Allied Universal Security is good - But the client dictates the workplace culture at each location. Typical of all or most security jobs, one must be able to stand and pay attention to ones surroundings.
Pros
Good pay for those who are armed
Cons
Not always easy to get a day off as posts must be manned.
Allied Secuirty (Mall)
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 19, 2017
Generally Boring Job with low pay, everyone always had some rumor to say about the other person no matter if the where new to the work site or not. a lot of equipment was broken.
Pros
Easy to get along with people
Cons
Quick two faced turn of events
A great place to learn and network
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2017
A great opportunity to be independent, while also working well with management. A place to meet new people and interact with them at all different levels.
review summery
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJNovember 18, 2017
they were overall a good place to work. they balanced work and life very well. but I think we are under paid and there is no room for advancement here.
Very Productive and Illuminating
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 18, 2017
Working at Allied Universal was an experience. A typical day at work would consist of either levels going out, or just another quite day on the job. I learned team player skills and communication skills between employees and the clients. In my opinion I believe the job wasn't hard as long as you got the proper training. All around working there gave me the confidence to move forward and stride for something better in life.
Pros
Experience in MARSEC and MariTime Security
Cons
Health care was not very good.
Balanced work place with little room for advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2017
Balanced work place with little room for advancement. Co workers are professional and friendly. Supervisors try to work with employees to resolve scheduling conflicts. Pay scale matches other companies in the business.
Great work place, bad Guards, unskilled management
Trainer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2017
Management is horrible here! Managers speak to guards as if they are children and minimize their concerns. Managers yell at guards that voice concerns about managements lack of involvement in work disputes. Severe favoritism goes on with some of the worst guards I have ever seen.
Pros
Decent pay, 12 days PTO
Cons
Expensive healthcare, unskilled management, no criteria for guard hiring, severe favoritism
Relaxed atmosphere
Safety officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2017
It was a nice opportunity to work for universal because It was quiet and could read and accomplish a lot. I was taking some online class at the time and helped me to study and do my homework.
Pros
Free snack
Cons
break only at sight
day at work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  syosset nyNovember 17, 2017
A day at work is very stressful I have to deal with an racist S4 who talks to his employees like a dog with no training. If you’re doing your job and a customer doesn’t agree to it, your wrong at all times.
very large working environments not enough pay
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at certain sites for allied . However i felt as if i wasn't compensated enough for my work ethic and for how much effort i put in as a worker especially because each site that i worked at was massive and required a lots of training such as Monticello, Abbott hematology and Crescent village.
Lack of backing from management and training
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNNovember 17, 2017
This is a recently merged company that expects lack of trained employees train new employees. Communication is also very poor with supervisors to staff.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Lack of livable pay, communication
Unprofessional, disorganized
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2017
No paid time off, management and company is disorganized. Seniority doesn't mean anything, work holidays if scheduled, checks usually wrong, favoritism
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No breaks, disorganized, no advancement
great work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2017
its a great workplace to keep me going. The management team is awesome go above and beyond for the officers. Overall the site conducts a lot of walking around.
Pros
N/a
Cons
we get breaks
great co-workers but poor upper managment
GSOC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 17, 2017
While the day to day work is okay, there are moment of fast pace work. The management that runs my department is very poor and need improvement as it impact negatively to the department.
Cons
overtime, long hours
Productive easy and relaxed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosamond, CANovember 17, 2017
I enjoyed my swing shift. I liked the fact that I worked majority of my shift by myself. I wish that there were more jobs located in the antelope valley area.
Cons
unorganized supervisor
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32803November 16, 2017
good place to work its a good place worked its a good place to work in the security world to help you understand the security world outside the military
great company
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 16, 2017
you get what you put into the company. If you are a hard worker then you will advance within the company, those that do not advance are not looking for an advancement or re-location.
Large company, fun working conditions
Field Training Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2017
The company was open to new ideas and opportunities. It promoted employees from within if you were willing to relocate. It had flexible working hours.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Relocations requested frequently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Universal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8