Allied Universal Employee Reviews

life in Allied Universal
Security Guard Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 18, 2018
It will pretty much depends on your account manager on how easy or harsh your day can be. There are some that don't have a clue on how to manage people and got hire because of their credentials, there are other that are great leaders and care for the wellness of their fellow officers and those don't last long.
Its a Stressful job
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Arizona State University, AZFebruary 18, 2018
it has been the most stressful job as a manager ive ever had. the officers are not appreciated enough. there inst enough or any recognition for the staff.
Good Company I guess
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2018
Working for the company has been a good experience however there is not room for advacement. Supervisor positions are offer to who ever management wants not who is qualified.
Pros
Cons
No advancement
Good as a College Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 18, 2018
Walking around a campus in freezing cold twice a shift, very much over kill. Weak management. Great job for a college kid that is looking to study or a retiree.
Pros
Alone often
Cons
redundant work
Instructive work
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 18, 2018
It's depends about the site where you work at ,some hard work ,some stressful .Anyway the work has to be done in safety and secure following the procedures .
Pros
Experience in the field at orlando, It's good company to start with .
Great people but little to no advancement
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 18, 2018
Great coworkers, great management
Loved being able to help the patrons when in need and keeping the mall a safe and enjoyable place to visit
Never a dull day
Very laid back
Receptionist at Building A (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2018
I have very little responsibility and get bored every day. I just sit at the front desk and greet people. It doesn't challenge me but it isn't the worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Very laid back
Cons
Doesn't challenge me and I want more responsibility.
Each site is different and the management is okay
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 18, 2018
While there have been some issues with getting everything together to work for Allied, especially uniforms and badges, the employment process was easy and the people were nice. The individual sites are their own workplace, and each is nice and filled with opportunities.
Terrible Management. Deceptive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2018
I went to a career fair that this company was hosting. I meet with an Operational Manager for a position as a security supervisor for a school. He stated that I had the position and wait for the letter via email that I was hired. 24 hours I received the letter ok’d the background check which came back fine and nothing!!
I attempted several times to reach out regarding when should I come in for orientation and drug test and each time I would get him saying “someone should be calling” . I would wait a couple of days and still no word or call. This went on for about 2 weeks after they stated I had the position. This company is so unprofessional I would not recommend it. They do nothing but waste the candidates time.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional Operational Managers do not follow up.
stepping stone to better company
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Job was nice. Company management at all levels was non existent. Promotions from within were also lacking. Untrained management was the main issue. I did get paid every week though.
Pros
Cons
everything except weekly pay
provided break rooms
unarmed Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR troutdale OR , Clackamas ORFebruary 18, 2018
I've worked in the customer service and client end for security with the company and the co workers have always been great to work with. at the time off my employment with allied the management was good and made sure that their employees were making it to work on time and would give them rides if it was out of the employees reach to get to the job site and that shows a great strategy to avoid employee turn over rates.

the company also helped me re-new my DPSST cert.

the only hardest part was when I worked at the Clackamas town center for mall security and was only getting paid under decent, the officers go threw a lot of frustrated customers witch is normal but created a big turn over rate for employment. Maybe at some point the pay is increased and I could go back and work there, I enjoyed the mall with all the fun and crazy calls I had responded to.

Thanks again Allied Universal
Pros
discount on the food court at the mall while on duty
Cons
turn over rate and pay at the mall wasnt good
Advancment
Director of Security and Safety (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Your pay and advancement depends on the client and then the branch manager or national account manager. The company has great potential, however, it is growing so fast that sometimes one department or branch does not know what the other is doing. If they dont get things worked out they will lose a lot of good talent.
Summary
Post Commander (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90034February 17, 2018
Allied is a great place to make money. The opportunity for making money is there. The pay rates weren’t that great but depending on the account, you could make up for that with hours. OT on the account I worked was always available.
Pros
Good benefits program
Cons
Low pay
Slow paced, Leadership slow and NO advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 17, 2018
Hardest part of my job, paying my bills. Typical day for me was getting to work and then just sitting down watching cameras and answering phone calls.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay and poor management and lack of advancement
High stress Low pay
Assistant Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 17, 2018
Require too much for the little compensation. You will not be paid enough to afford any kind of insurance. The corporate employees could care less about the workers in the trenches. They have a "You can be replaced" attitude. Run from this company.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Company doesnt care at all about hourly employees
Good management but challenging work-life balance
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 17, 2018
Every day was chaotic and stressful. Operations Managers are expected to manage 370 employees and 68 client sites with minimal support. This causes the Operations Manager to work 12-16 hour days to keep up with the 250 emails, 30 calls, and countless text messages they receive each day. Even though this is stressful, helping employees out is rewarding. I would recommend working at Allied Universal, but I would not recommend being an Operations Manager.
relaxed
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2018
a slowed pace work place and must be able to work well with other co worker and clients . they can be reasonable if you are late amd work with your schedule at time . client most of the time dont bother you until you not doing your job . if you do your job most of your time working will be smooth sailing .
Pros
relaxed
Cons
high healthcare
Really negative place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAFebruary 17, 2018
Poor management, Employees full of drama, company doesn't care about their good employees, and no room to get a raise or to advance to the next level.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
A challenging place to work with safty percautions
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2018
I;ve learned how to read the sales & delivery tickets .My co-workers trained me on this job.The magement was good we was like a family. The work place was a challenged we have to work on safty issues in the working envirement. The hardest part of the job is to stay alert when you are working at night. The most enjoyable part of the job when we get out annual raise.
Pros
Our co-worker would go & pick up our order.
Cons
We can't leave the premises until we get relieved.
Worset company ever to work for
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Management Doesn't care about the guards who work the site unless you personally know a manager or anyone higher up. You don't have the ability to grow with the company. the company hire new employees, with no experience, for a Field training supervisor, when there are employees who have been with the company longer who want that position but are not given the ability to get it.

The company cares more about the clients more than their employees, But the employees who with the clients directly, not the management
Pros
NO PROS for this company
Cons
healthcare, management, no advancement, little pay for the amount of work you do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Universal. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K