Allied Universal Employee Reviews

Good job for a college student
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLOctober 13, 2017
If you look working nights or overnights this is a good job for you. Most sites start at $11 and you have a lot of free time if you work at a gate house for homework
Allied universal
Ambassador officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2017
Management Poor officers are poorly training and are to mature to work at some of the site they have. When I first started with Allied Barton security its was good company to work for when upper management people started to leave the company start going down hill.
Benefits
Job security, few hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2017
Allied Universal is a very fine security business. They train their officers well. and this company has a a high standard of service. In spite of their faults, Allied Universal ranks high in private protection.
Pros
Security
Cons
not enough hours
Stressful/ un-organized
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  United States, not guaranteed a siteOctober 13, 2017
From the beginning i got the run around. Poor communication, lack of organization. The way uniforms are handle is beyond me. As a "floater" I was told to go to a site which was 35+ miles away, when I got to my site I was told I wasn't needed. Was not paid for show up time even though I was told I would. During my interview I was told i'd be making a set rate. I get my first check and its 3 dollars less than that and missing hours.Was never told you would make a different rate during your training period than what you was offered. As a "floater" that's everywhere you go because we don't have a set site. I'm losing money going to work please explain that to me? Here I am a month into this company and i'm still having problems with them paying me the hours I worked. Still not making what I was offered during my interview. Not getting any hours but they're, "in dire need of help". This company really needs to get their ducks in a row. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!!!! You will have nothing but problems ahead of you.
Pros
Cons
Lack of organization, communication. Pay is horrible, you have to watch what they pay you and keep track of your hours.
Great atmosphere
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 13, 2017
Pay isn't great but I have gained a great experience. Never worked in a job that is so rewarding. Managment takes good care of you an fights for a decent wage.
Chaotic and managment will screw you!
Private security officer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 13, 2017
Everything from pay raises that never went through, to back pay that was never payed or under payed. Long hours for low money and no benefits to speak of.
Pros
nothing
Cons
getting screwed
Allied Universal
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2017
Its a ok company to work for. I dont really engage in other employee problems i just do my job . I know alot of employee always complaining about something
Pros
its a job
Cons
wish the money was a little better
Great experience
Receptionist & Security Coordinator Support (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 12, 2017
Over all I really enjoyed my job however there is no room to move up at the site I am at and that's OK I think its time for a change. I enjoy a challenge.

Receptionist & Security Coordinator Support
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Always on post
Flexible Hours
Sr. Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2017
This is a good job for a young person, or a retired, single person who would enjoy working various hours with only indirect supervision. Great for college student.
Pros
Multiple shifts to fit schedule.
Cons
Pay and benefits confusion.
Good people NO Benefits
Site Supervisor/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2017
Good people to work with, unfortunately the Orlando Market is depressed for income. People making 20 - 30 K in Orlando would easily make 30 - 50 in other cities of the same size. Cost of homes does not come into play when you can only afford to rent.
Pros
Good management now
Cons
Low Pay NO BENEFITs
Difficult to Promote After a Certain Point
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 12, 2017
The job in itself is not hard, but because of the ineptitude of other co-workers, it is very stressful, and cutthroat. After the merger with Universal, Allied Universal no longer gives PTO.

Typical day for me starts with a debriefing by senior management on site, and then will check my email, email is dependent on the accounts though. Afterwards I will patrol the outside, and patrol the inside of the building to check up on my officers inside. I will follow up with my floor supervisors either right after debriefing, or afterwards about the day's agenda. I will monitor throughout the day, and assist with projects as needed by senior management, and the clients on site.
Pros
Tons of Interaction, Good Starting Point in Security
Cons
Immature Co-Workers, Lack of Quality Benefits, No Real Advancement Opportunities
Fun work environment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2017
The security field is very simple and easy. Once you get your guard card from the proper as authorities you're good to go. It's a good job but the only problem is that they don't give raises.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
No advancement.
A nice place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2017
My review, allied universal is a great place to work and everyday is a challenge working with co-workers,on site and meeting people helping people and doing a good job.
Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2017
It was ok. I wasn't really able to advance in the company so I chosed to leave it because i wasnt valued in this company. Now I want go somewhere I am valuable.
Great Pay and Steady Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2017
Good Pay and Steady Job . A typical day at work would be great . You are dealing with a lot of different people . You must always be respectful and professional . You are the first person everyone See's . Customer service skills are a must .
Good Company, Terrible Clients.
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 12, 2017
As a first-timer in Security, I didn't know what to expect from this job. After a few months here, I have learned that while Allied has it's struggles, it overall has a good structure, and puts good immediate supervisors in place. The problem lies in the companies it contracts security for. The one I work for currently places unrealistic expectations of their security standards for the pay they dictate. It makes most of us employees not want to come to work, hence the 80% turnover rate. Unfourtunately, its just part of the job.
Pros
Good Immedate Managers
Cons
Terrible Clients
loved the opportunity in the security field
Public Safety Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2017
i loved the opportunity in the security field and all i learned as a dispatcher but the company and management was horrible they did not care about their officers.
decent place to work
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHOctober 12, 2017
can have busy days. working with employees, visitors, and patients. Often involved with visitor escorts, interacting constantly with visitor behavior, sometimes violent. Giving directions.
Easy job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 12, 2017
This is one of the easiest jobs I've ever had. As long as you have some writing skills for logs and incident reports and know how to work cctv monitors anyone can do this job.
Good and bad days
Security Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2017
If it's part time you do OK. But no raises, vacations no longer exists. Some posts are very fast paced while others are very slow in nature. Most people a great to work with. Can't really afford the insurance. It has went to high to afford with this company. I love being a guard, but they just don't fight for raises for the hard workers. While it seems friends of people in higher positions seen to be hired on with higher pay than ones who have struck by this company for so long. Part time, for something like this, would be great though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Universal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8