Allied Universal Employee Reviews

Found 2,690 reviews matching the search
Decent Job
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  York, PAJune 20, 2017
a typical day is mostly foot patrolling, securing building. Management is helpful. Hardest part would have to be dealing with the public, making sure everything is running smooth
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay
productive workplace
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  philadlephia PAJune 20, 2017
i dont like the company they are inconsiderate and dont care about their employees i would not recommend the company to any body unless they are in desperate need of a job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Overall it was a cool first step.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 20, 2017
This was my first security job. I've mainly worked in retail. So coming in the pay was great, especially being that at my site the work was fairly easy. But as I got further into the job it became a headache. We were very understaffed so on some weeks I'd end up pulled 2 or more doubles a week. Sitting in one building for 16hrs will drain anyone. Overall it's a cool company but find a site where the people actually care about you. I called out maybe once within a year because my dad was hospitalized. And during that day they kept calling me like " can you come in now?" Really people.
Like I said, not a half bad company but not much room for growth.
Pros
only one here for my shift
Cons
low pay, understaff
Communication, Pay , Benefits
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 20, 2017
I like Allied Universal but they talk a lot with no action. I have been here for 2 years and I have not had a review for a raise yet and I was told that I was a Site Supervisor which was new to me but I took the positon and rolled with it. My Manager is not the type to communicate with his staff about anything. He is bad with returning phone calls and emails, text as well. So it can get hard when you have certain challenges to be met and it can't get done because of lack of communication.
Pros
We get paid every week
Cons
Short lunch Breaks, No Sick Leave
Not a good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Daniels Island, SCJune 20, 2017
*No benefits
*Terrible Management
*Unprofessional and unproductive
*Uncomfortable workplace
*When issues arise HR is not the people that will help you.
*Bullying in workplace
Its Ok
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 20, 2017
It's a place to start if you need the experience doesn't provide alot of benefits.. Start pay depends on where you're located. Over all it's depends on where you work
It an OK place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2017
The main issue I have is there is a lack of responsiveness with the District Leadership. As an Account Manager you seem to be on your own to resolve any issues you may have.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contract Labor
Fun work place pretty chill
TSA (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 20, 2017
The company has a really good non turn over rate i have been here for a little over one month and I will say I am enjoying this company the management tends to get loss at times and forget about you at times depending on the site. But over all if you want a lot of hours and have a lot of free time on your hands this company can assist you with that and turn those free hours in to pay hours.
Only good for a paycheck.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 19, 2017
Company isn't bad if you need a job or want a ton of hours, downside is there is a ton of forced overtime. You can never request a day off as in the 2 years I've been here they are never staffed fully. This job has bad benefits and if you do have to call off you are written up regardless of your reason. But the pay is decent with endless overtime, along with it is the easiest job I've ever worked. Unfortunately you trade your lifestyle for this job, you will not have good days off for a long time and you will be forced to work so often your family should just forget you exist.
Pros
Plenty of OT
Cons
Everything else.
Officer In Charge (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Henry County, GAJune 19, 2017
Never a lunch break nor a 10 minutes break. No kinds of breaks allowed. No raises given. No sick time nor paid vacation time. Basically, you just work only receiving a pay check.
cool job but unorgaized company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2017
The job with Allied was fun and cool but the whole company was unorganized with scheduling and other problems within the company. Nobody with this company was on the same page and it was a everyday process
Pros
fun and laid back nice lunch breaks
Cons
unprofessional supervivours and kept changing schdule every day
I get to travel to new places
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 19, 2017
This is a great job for hours you get full time hour and overtime at some places but when you have a issue you can not get In contact with your manager great benefits and some site are not good hourly rates
Pros
Hours/benefits
Cons
Hourly rate/management
Quality learning experience
Shops at Riverside mall Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 19, 2017
I have learned how to gather information about an incident and conduct an investigation about what has occurred. Further, I have learned how to write thorough reports about criminal activity or infractions on the premises.
Pros
Friendly staff
Laid back job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Frenwood,MSJune 19, 2017
It's a good job for a 50+ plus person. The work is easy just securing who come in and out the gate. They don't pay enough I been working here going on 5 years I still make the same thing.
Just don't work here
Professional Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2017
Don't work here unless you really have to. is terrible and guards are treated pretty poorly. You probably won't get fired for anything because I've seen so many guards come intoxicated to work or threaten people while on the job. This company is terrible and they really don't care about their employees.
Pros
Quiet most of time.
Cons
If someone doesn't show up you have to stay. (A lot of people don't show up)
Poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2017
When I was working at the MG on the Halifax I couldn't of asked for a better place to work at up until Allied lost the contract. The management had open hours but would never call those whom needed them.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Communication between management and employee
This job sucks
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 18, 2017
One thing about it no benifits too high insurance. If u take it out it takes all ur check mangers unstable very wishy washy one day to the next tell u one thing and do another. Promise money and posts you never get just very crazy if u ask me
Pros
They will promote
Cons
Promise alot dont keep good on it
job
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 18, 2017
Overall i enjoy what i do for the company at time it can come to be a hassle and it seems like you dont have enough time to do your work but what job is not a hassle at times
Productive professional company to work for
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2017
Great job great hours and great positions.Work can be very interesting strange fun at times very pleasant awarding demanding and most important exciting
productive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hilltop Mall, CAJune 17, 2017
allied universal was a very well put together/organized security company. the pay was good and also guaranteed. also I was offered a lot of overtime all the time. also my supervisors were also very understanding.
Pros
good pay/hours
Cons
only 30 min lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Universal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8