ALLIED Employee Reviews in United States

People and Product made working there a GREAT EXPERIENCE!
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, New JersetOctober 20, 2015
I really enjoyed the people I worked with to develop some amazing products. The team spirit regardless of titles and education levels was great.

The problem was the decrease in defense spending caused perpetual fear of layoffs which hung like a large black storm cloud over our heads.
Pros
People, benefits, team work atmosphere, open and accessible management
Cons
Layoff dark cloud hanging over everyone's head due to cuts in defense spending.
Allied
Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 22, 2015
Allied Services is a great company to work for. Very professional,great benefits, over time availability, competitive wages, the list goes on. You become family with not just the residents but with co workers as well. I would defiantly recommend working here. I have learned something new working at Allied and I truly loved my job there.
Uncomfortable work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 27, 2015
Poor training and poor management. The benefits were not great, no vacation until after a year and you worked every holiday
Dont do it... if you want to move forward
mortgage (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 12, 2016
I love Allied as a family but the corporate structure lacks integrity and honesty. Lies are common among the fabric weaved in the culture at Allied. It is a company that the experience and the staff are all that I miss. I was mistreated, demeaned, racially profiled, and least of my resignation was processed two early but paid through as a "courtesy" that it wasn't. Im still waiting on payment three weeks later!
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
to many to list
But this is expected of a big company.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2015
It is productive fun work place, The most enjoyable part of the job is working with college students. But there's no growth.
Pros
working in a clean cut environment
Cons
shor breake not raise or growth
Fun place to work
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2016
I loved working there. I was able to get things done in a timely manner as well as be myself and enjoy the people around me. There was always a happy balance. I was a part of the events committee. We organized the Christmas work party, decided on which charity we would work with each year, monthly birthday celebrations for employees, July 4th festivities and Halloween costume contests with cash prizes.
Pros
great people to work with, lunch provided at times, breakfast and coffee brought in at times by salesmen
Cons
can't really think of any.
Good work place.
PLUMBER (Former Employee) –  Copiague, NYDecember 4, 2015
Exellent Company, great place to work where i gained many years of experience, and have excellent distribution of work, it was very rewarding work and learn both at the same time.
Pros
busy all times.
Cons
no benefits.
A very well organized company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2015
A prominent company in the industry focusing on corporate and public security. They employ very competent people and encourage advancement, technology and education.
Pros
Very techno-savvy company with good benefits and advancement potential.
Cons
I never really had a problem with the company. However, I did have an unfortunate experience while employed, due to co-worker disinformation and corporate expediency.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Twin Lakes, WIApril 29, 2016
Allied was a good place to work. The people were very nice. It was a good work environment. Management was good, working with the employees. After the probation period you had to take money out of your paycheck to pay for a uniform. No breaks except for on 30 min lunch break.
Pros
Good work conditions
Cons
Had to buy work uniforms, little to no pay increases
Not the same company I started with
Service Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 17, 2015
Formerly FLS, Alled Solutions experienced monumental growth very quickly. When I started, they truly cared about their employees; however, as they grew it became more and more about the bottom line. Through their last system conversion, I worked 12 hour days for over 5 years and helped to establish the Seattle office as one of the most effective and highly rated offices within the company. After 17 years of total loyalty and dedication and helping them through a 26 million dollar system conversion, my position was eliminated without warning.
The system was full of bugs, which I helped to identify and track. These system delays and errors put enormous pressure on my team and I often put my own work aside to help them keep on top of their ever growing workloads. Rather than recognizing that the issues were with the system than with the employees (who were doing everything they possibly could) I was told to write up individuals who just needed support and training. It became at atmosphere of mistrust of the company and lack of support for their brand. I was told I could apply for another position within the Allied; however, I elected to leave and find an employer whose brand is more inline with mine, which is Integrity.
Great place, wish I would have stayed!!
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
With all the typical office politics, this was still the BEST company I have worked for. I am kicking myself in the back side for leaving!
Pros
Great people
Cons
I left
labor
labor (Former Employee) –  Warwood, WVMarch 20, 2016
I worked as a trash collector . I worked about 50 hours a week till I got laid off. I liked this job. I also have heavy machine operator certificate
Poor management
Shop Helper (Current Employee) –  Lucketts, VADecember 23, 2015
Getting to job site tools not there. Equipment constantly breaking,
I enjoied the job because it required me to do alot of on site problem solving.. It helped me grown and gave me a chance to learn new skills.
Stressful work environment, work place drama, place to build skills
Final Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORAugust 10, 2015
This place has its ups and downs like anywhere else. You can go from being swamped and working 45-60hr work weeks, to just barely getting through the work week with very little work. Seems like the little guy doesn't matter to anybody higher than direct department leads. Great place to pick up skills and gain work experience. Not much room for growth in the company. The hardest part of the job would be working as a team with difficult or clashing personalities. The most enjoyable part would be the sense of accomplishment when a job is done and the product works.
nice working atomosphere freindly workers
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 1, 2015
Go to jobs given on a work order. whether it be preventative maintenance, emergency calls. I have learned to real focused when starting a job. The office doesn't seem to know the sense of urgency when it comes to giving quotes on jobs, or passing out work orders for the day. The hardest part of this job is working in all conditions whether it be in the cold, flooded the rooms, wild animals living where you are working, and tight spots. The day goes by fast when traveling from one site to another.
Physically Demanding
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 5, 2015
Employees receive their assignments for the day. Upon arrival to resident or business, employees meet with the client to discus the agenda. Employees properly pack/unpack items, as well as load/unload. Upon completion of work, a clean up occurs and follow up with client to ensure satisfaction of the days work.
Pros
Fun Work environment
Cons
seasonal
Allied was an amazing company
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTAugust 20, 2015
Allied is a caring company , you get paid very well for the job you do. You can pick and choose your patient and the hours are typically always the same which is a good job for people who have a specific schedule.
WNC District needs help.
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 10, 2015
The Western NC division was originally run from Charlotte, and it suffered from being effectively ignored by our District office there. Rare visits, difficulties getting basic supplies and uniforms, and almost nothing in the way of other support from them. The division has since been spun off of Charlotte, and not much has improved.
Pros
easy pay for easy duty
Cons
lack of support, and no promotion from within
Ventilator Unit - Skilled Nursing Center
Per Diem - RRT RCP (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 27, 2015
You get to hone your long term vent skills at Allied. From routine trach tube changes and ventilator management to non-elective acute interventions as may present themselves. Keeps your clinical skills and bedside patient communication skills sharp.
Pros
great team work by all therapists and the management team.
Great place to work!
Delivery Driver/loader/warehouse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
Delivering interior products to various construction sites in the central Florida area. Its is a great place to work with a great corporate leading the way.