AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 5,026 reviews matching the search
helps time pass quickly
Doorman-Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
Working here was fun I worked in lots of high rises and senior homes, I love helping guess that where in search of tenets in the building it always would keep me occupied lots of times I was able to read a lot because I was working over night.
Pros
great way to study and enjoyed the sun rise
Cons
hated how hard it was to stay awake
Fast pace yet not very challenging
Public Safety Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 25, 2017
Extremely high turnover rate, ideal for young adults getting into the work force or college students who need a flexible schedule to fit around classes.
Can be stressful
Lead Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
Company overall I am sure is great. Just that the particular location I worked at was cut throat, and stressful, offered no job security, contract issues.
Procuctive and busy enviornment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2017
A typical day for myself, enter the console, receive all pass down information, being that I was the console operator. Busy taking all calls and granting access to authorized individuals. I learned to remain calm in emergency situations. Management was extremely unprofessional. The hardest part of this job, was being stuck on a 16 hour shift with no break or coverage. I enjoyed being able to lean proper care and use of fire arms.
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
Would stand or sit in a location and verify government people who are allowed to enter into the building and keep those unwanted individuals off the properties we were responsible to secure.
Good company on the way up
Fare Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2017
Allied Universal is a good company who employs people with experienced backgrounds, and provides top notch security. Most have law enforcement or military experience.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Lunch is difficult due to location placements
Job requirements were minimum
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 23, 2017
I do not believe Allied Barton provided decent pay, nor did they comply with their duties as supervisors. The hours were unfair. My qualifications exceeded the amount of work.
productive workplace
security officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2017
Management is outstanding in help and services. I have became a more professional person in this field of work. The work staff is outstanding everyone gets the job done
nice place and nice people
Security officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2017
I worked at Allied Barton or allied universal for more than a year, and I had experience with nice management over there workplace
was so good, and they pay better
also always they are flixable and work with you fairly
i recommend to every one desire to work in a security company.
a good place to work yes
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 23, 2017
However they should all be armed security and they are not . plane and simple its not right . I hate to say it , but its all political . Transit security is like regular police they should all be armed and in Wisconsin and two other states they are just not allowed to have weapons .
Pros
good people, very productive.
Cons
they are not armed which makes them ineffective against some cituations.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2017
I don't know how it is since the merger, but prior to that, the interim director left a lot to be desired. It was due to his inability, in my opinion to manage staff, that eventually led to my parting ways with this company where I had worked my way up through the ranks.
Fast pace, very firm and strict
Sharpe Army Depot Security Guard (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAMay 22, 2017
Standing and securing site and making sure authorized vehicles are verified to enter the secured site. making reports of incidents. Keeping track and logging in information of patrol checks.
Pros
Health care/ Vision benefits
Cons
Holding over, Forced into 16 hour shifts
Rough place to work at
U-Penn Bike Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2017
No Structure at company. They will punish innocent employees to keep a contract. Do not defend employees. As a supervisor I was told to falsely write a report on a guard... I refused and management acted unprofessional..
Pros
Cons
Short breaks... No benefits if your not fulltime... And never put anyone on fulltime.
company who doesn't stand up for their employees
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 22, 2017
i worked there for a year and had an altercation with a rude visitor who happen to work for the client. Even with the situation caught on camera and multiple witnesses this company didn't stand up for me and suspended me. they told me they would find me a new post and i haven't heard from them in 3 months
Unlaboristic
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 22, 2017
Job was very relaxed and the people were fun to work with. Got to be around airplanes. The job didn't require much work and the work we had to do was tough in the rainy and snowy conditions, but that was the worst part of the job.
Pros
Laid back, fun envioronment, good co-workers
Cons
Weather conditions
Decent place to work and advance.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
I had 6 good years with AlliedBarton and advanced to Site Supervisor within 4 months of starting with the company. I joined the company during the height of the recession as a floater. Two months later, I was an assistant supervisor, and within 4 months I had become a site supervisor.
Pros
Job Advancement
Cons
Client at job site can choose new site supervisor at will.
great workplace except for managment
Security Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2017
Management is extremely biased and if you are related to anyone higher up you're automatically chosen for raises and promotions, even if you work your butt off.
Pros
simple job
Fun company with plenty of interesing people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time with the company. I met plenty of interesting coworkers, and some even in corporate who I am still in touch with today. I'm happy I was able to work for AlliedBarton as I got to experience many things and was given opportunities I don't think I'd otherwise be able to experience working with a well-trusted security company like them.
Pros
Paid Hour Lunch Breaks, Plenty of Overtime Work if Needed
Cons
Sometimes Forced Overtime
Good, steady work with excellent training
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2017
A good job that taught me a lot about being a security guard at a secure facility. Received training in First Aid, CPR, and AEDs. Coworkers were friendly and easy to get along with.
Allied barton
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2017
I left this job because my mom died. But this job was great I was at work more then home evI did so much overtime. I was always getting called in on my days off and I didn't mind. I don't regret my experience.
Pros
Rover patrol, encouragement, acknowledgement, and etc.
Cons
It was a great opportunity this job taught me different skills and grew me up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location