AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,940 reviews matching the search
Decent Pay, Flexible Schedule.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 3, 2016
I started here a little over a month ago. I really enjoy my job here it is very simple and to the point. There is no management or supervision at this site which can be a good and bad thing. There are not enough security staff assigned to the post I work so if someone calls out basically you are by yourself. Co-workers are great no problem with any of them. Management for the most part will answer you if its important but have a hard time getting a hold of them or they don't write back for days at a time. Overall its a good side job but there is basically no room for extra hours or OT.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Decent Pay.
Cons
No benifits for family. No advancement opportunities or hours to pick up.
Typical contract security company
State Licensed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 20, 2016
Having worked for AlliedBarton Security Services (ABSS) for roughly four (4) years, I've come to the realization that it may not be the "career" choice for me. ABSS is the most poorly managed companies that I've had the chance to work for. The branch office is over an hour away from the site I work at, there are minimum pay raise opportunities, career advancement is almost impossible, and the turnover rate of employees is astoundingly high. With that being said, I enjoy the job, my coworkers, and my work environment.
Pros
Consistent Full-Time Hours, Paid Time Off
Cons
Bad Management at all levels. No pay raise. No career advancement.
Good Job
Armed Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  5000 Overlook AveFebruary 12, 2016
Besides the lack of benefits and job comfort, Allied Barton provided space to grow with training online and paid-for hands on. Unfortunately, once you are contracted to a site, you only would be transferred to another site if you are not favored. NOT if you feel uncomfortable. Once upon a time, an employee(carrying proper certifications) was able to work other contracts. No longer do they allow such, making it very limited for the company. Also, there was not a good source of leave. One would have to work a complete year , just for one week of vacation. If you are training a new employee, the person training should receive some sort of addition pay. Though the company has poor ways, I definitely enjoyed the family of employees on the site I was contracted. I would return if I were able.
Pros
Paid training, great pay
Cons
bad vacation time, limited movement
Decent pay, but could be higher
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day is being vigilant and alert while posted or patrolling and paying attention to detail while checking ID's and acting as a deterrent to potentially any wrongdoers, as well as providing customer service for client patrons and employees. The management needs improvement with communication. The hardest part of the job is traveling from place of residency to job site(s). The further you have to travel, there is no compensation. Majority of the co-workers work well with one another. As any job, there are a few hard to get along with ones. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and the client co-workers that you have built a strong camaraderie with.
Great place to work and interact with the public
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2016
The job is a great place to work and grow. The company makes sure you are updated on all qualifications. I like the fact that I was able to move around freely and able to interact with employees and the public. A great place to work if you really care about the safety and security of public and private businesses and others.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
due to salary the insurance was hard to afford good medical insurance
Solid place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 30, 2016
Management was on top of things, issues were addressed quickly, online was training available. They were very good about making sure that all of your certifications were kept current.
Pros
I worked at a good site, nice people, pleasant atmosphere.
Cons
No raises unless you change positions and move to a higher paying one.
Established company with rewards for productivity
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 20, 2016
Supervise 8 to 10 security personnel. Ensure that weekly hours were met and kept for scheduling. Biweekly scheduled maintained and placed in effect. Ensure that all training for personnel was kept up to date. Discipline employees when required. Employee reviews completed on yearly basis and raises granted on level of achievements and work. Computer reports generated for manager. Insure that employees where customer friendly.
Pros
Flexible hours
A professional atmosphere with good structure.
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 28, 2015
Having been working at this company for a little over 4 years, there is so much to say about this company. They are very professional at what they do. They treat their employees very well and keep them safe as well. I have never worked for a company that cared so much about my well-being.
Pros
Job security, job safety, the safety culture, the employees, the management.
Cons
Health benefits are not the greatest, but that doesn't reflect them to me.
very secured and protected building, friendly worker enviornment
Escort private contractors (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2016
Most days would be more relaxed and laid back when compared to other security officer posts. Here, the guard is able to distribute his work duties amongst other officers in a very non conflicting way. You are able to work something out with the guard whenever an issue presents itself,
Pros
benefits, duty flexibility, no "over your shoulder" supervisor
Cons
gossiping, false assumptions
Great Job
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 29, 2016
Allied Barton is one of the best Security Companies in the USA. I have had very positive experiences with this company. The opportunity to advance, the pay and the benefits are good.
Pros
Competitive pay, Good hours, good benefits, paid vacation, paid sick leave, holiday bonyus
Cons
As a security officers at any company, if your relief does not show up to relieve you you have to stay and complete the next shift
Good place to work in between jobs or while going to school.
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2016
There is a big disconnect between management and employees. There are a lot of hoops to jump through in order to do anything, and the compensation is not very good. I would recommend working here only for students and those who are in between jobs. This should not be considered as a permanent job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management, compensation
Its good if you get a good site. But they don't believe in annual raises.
Gate Officer (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 9, 2016
This company has it's ups and downs. I've learned good security skills with this company through its training. The management is always on call. Benefits are excellent but compensation is ok the first year but getting a raise is tough.
Choose wisely
Master Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2016
Before you choose to work for this company make sure you make it clear that you want a work/life balance if you need it. If not they will work you 7 days a week. you will be lucky for 1 day off.
Benefits
Cons
Work/life schedule
only apply if desperate
Security (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 3, 2016
They lied about getting pay raise, they lied about shifts, management is not held accountable, inappropriate relationships between supervisors and guards. Kemah office did not care at all. JSW/Allied Barton is just not worth it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Dont keep their word, lazy, management is horible
worked for 19 years for this company, laid off
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 29, 2015
Worked for 19 years with this company, was laid off, I am having a hard time finding work again as a security officer, don't know why. I would have liked to be at work the day that I was laid off, did not happen. Co workers were fine. Management not certain what they have said about me.
Pros
had evening shift for the most part
Cons
pay raise did not happened as promised by my supervisor, was laid off instead
Just OK
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 27, 2016
The company is what it is. The benefits are not all that great but at least we have them. I believe the company would be a lot better once you make it to management level.
stern yet advance capable workplace with a lot of benefits
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2015
he job overall was a learning experience, it showed me the importance of documentation and safety.

A Typical day work included making hourly rounds to assure everyones safety, reporting information back to my superior.

The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be meeting different people/co-workers, i'm a very social type of person so that was great for me.

I didn't have any difficulty at my job since Ii mastered everything so quickly.
Pros
health benifits, overtime availability, not a difficult job, great staff
Cons
i look at every situation as a learning curve
Good company to work for
Field/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 25, 2015
AlliedBarton Purchased Rentokil Initial Security in June 2006

I was a site super and field supervisor during my time here. I
Monitoring Access and Phones (transferring calls), Issuing employee Paychecks, Taking Client Attendance calls, Patrol Facility, Wrote Post Orders, Training of Officers, Conducted Officer Disciplinary, Conducted Site and Officer Inspections, Maintained Company Vehicle Maintenance, Conducted Site Safety Audit, conducted Job Safety Analysis and Covered unfilled open posts

Allied has great wages, but advancement is hard.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Cons
Hard to Advance to management
Great job experience raises difficult to procure
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 31, 2015
The sites are well kept most people are very kind. Everything is well balanced and simple if you are alert and just do your job. Has good opportunity for overtime and management is helpful and flexible with hours when available. Co workers are sociable and professional. I learned how to manage long hours with downtime and then handling situations that escalate at a blink of an eye. I learned to keep composure in a crisis and to take well written and detailed reports. The hardest part is keeping the same energy and vigilance for the entire shift. The most enjoyable part is the daily interactions you have with a wide variety of people.
Pros
Overtime available, variety of location options, get benefits
Cons
base pay, not much increase
Protect lives and properties
PRIVATE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  12235 HoustonNovember 23, 2015
As a christian, protecting lives and properties at AlliedBarton is one the best Job I enjoy to do every day. The online training through the Edge program is endless and I love it. Depend on the location, a typical work day might be fun or stressful, and I am bless to be in a good post. The hardest part of the job is there is so much to learn and you can't learn everything. The security job is a team work job, so co-workers are very important to get the job done.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Salary is not enough to make a living.