AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 4,763 reviews matching the search
Decent place to get a start in the security field.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2017
I work overnights 40 hours per week at the Copley Mall site in the Back Bay area of Boston. I've been here there since February 2016, and really learn alot about the security field. I started as an officer and then quickly made my way up to the overnight shift supervisor. The management could be better but I've remained humble and professional through this whole experience. There isn't really any hard part about my job or my responsibilities, what i do enjoy alot is being a supervisor.
Pros
Decent breaks and my co-workers.
Working as a Flex Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2017
As a flex officer ,I enjoyed going to many sites to cover shifts instead of remaining at just one site,I met interesting people working within the work sites.
The only downside as a flex officer is you work on call for the most part so that means there is that chance of getting a last minute call to work at a site because there is no coverage;therefore,it's important to become adaptive to sudden changes in scheduling.
Overall, I like working with the current management on hand. They have worked well with me and communicated clearly
Pros
Good teamwork in management
Cons
Double shifts as a flex officer
Poor Management, Does not take care of employees
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 24, 2017
The manager I had was a nice guy but when it came to work he was a push over with other employees.

Good employees got shifts no one else would take or bother to show up to.

Employees did not take job title seriously and management did not enforce rules.

Upon hire, one is promised a number of things, such as being full-time. This was not the case despite covering for others and being on call.

The turnover rate was the highest I've ever experienced.

I enjoyed the security aspect, just definitely not the company.
Pros
security experience
Cons
low pay, low hours, low respect
Be careful what you sign up for
Master Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
AlliedBarton is a great company, depending on the position you have. Security guards, from what I experienced, are rarely allowed time off. Even when it's an emergency, they still try to get you to go to work and give you a hard time about it. I was not allowed to go on vacation either. The pay wasn't great at all. Overtime was frowned upon. Sometimes I was forced to work double shifts without any notice, forcing me to cancel any plans I had for the day/night.
Exciting Job opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boise Cascade of La Grande and Elgin, ORJanuary 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Allied Barton. People were great to work with/for. My supervisor was excellent in his training and his expectations of the job. It was a low stress atmosphere, where you were required to complete your duties within a short amount of time. I worked mainly a graveyard shift, and had many interesting experiences during the job. Some, I was unprepared for, but still managed to Complete my assigned duties all within the time alotted of my assigned shift.
Pros
Company paid training, No stress environment
Cons
No Benefits or Advancement (at least from client)
Excellent Mangament
Security Officer/ Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I owe it to AlliedBarton Security Services for their culture of Daring to be Great and setting excellent standards in the Security industry. For a self starter they set the bar high for officers joining their company which proves why their management was excellent. As of today its unfortunate that the management team I worked with before is no longer with the company.
Pros
Management, Team Work, Work Life Balance
Cons
Compensation
Learned new things everyday.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McLeod, NDFebruary 13, 2017
First hours on job required a check of all interior of hospital checking on all office doors that should be secured.Followed by check of outside.Learned to deal with people in a number of different states of mind.Made number of friends with hospital personal.Had to answer to Hospital manager as well as my own captain.This went alone very good.Hardest part of job was dealing with drug overdose coming to E.R.
Pros
Mostly friendly place to work.
Cons
PATIENT WATCH
it started off great
Security Officer- (Console Operator) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2017
it's an ok company to work for it has it's perks and it has it's downfall when it comes to being an officer some of the site supervisors are ok and will do or help you with anything you ask or need from them and the pay is great depending on the site your at, I didn't have any co-workers, i learned how to secure a building and, monitor ccvtv's the hardest part of the job only if you work the night shift is staying woke and getting enough sleep
Pros
the pay is good depending on the site
Cons
the company does not back there employees site
Productive and safe place to i enjiyed workung with everyone.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  W 33rd street new york nyJanuary 18, 2017
A typical night at work catching up on paperwork. I learned how to be responsible individually while working by myself to be very aware of my surroundings.The hardestvpart of my job was keeping the video monitors focused the most enjoyable was just being at work.i put my all into whatever job i do.
Pros
Raise every 3 months, work independently, enjoyed my job.
Cons
Working overnight, stuxk on another shift, not getting enough ctedit.
One of the better security companies.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day would depend on the site you are assigned to. I've learned how to deal with difficult and unreasonable people. The management are usually supportive and knowledgeable leaders. Most co-workers work well together as a team. The hardest part of the job, as with all security, is the general public and a lack of respect for any uniformed personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team atmosphere and being able to help people.
Pros
Great company with great training and certifications.
Cons
Very low pay.
Great Job for College Student
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29210January 12, 2017
Allied Barton Security is a great place to work if you are a college student or have a lot of free time. Most schedules are flexible to work around school schedules and when at work it's like the perfect study place. With working through Allied you will become CPR and SLED certified, due to it being a requirement by the state, The honest hardest part about working for Allied is that you work overnight mostly and you have to stay up and alert at all times. I feel like there's a lot of freedom on the job as well as far as someone on your back goes,
Pros
Weekly Pay, benefits, flex schedule
Cons
Part time, no breaks
Productive, stimulating in a high rise environment and learned a lot.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75234January 11, 2017
Your job is what you make of it!
Allied has online course for advancement upon request.
At this job I learned extensively about emergency and command center situations, you need to be focus at all times and multitask dealing with phones, reports and monitoring the various screens.
Enjoyed the variety of different tasks and that you do emergency simulations to be updated.
Pros
Management courses for advancement and quick transfers and help
Cons
Healthcare, fair 401-K process. Depending on site breaks/lunches vary.
Loved my job
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA and Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2017
I was a Shift Supervisor at BNY Mellon site in Pittsburgh for roughly 5 years and in Philadelphia for 2 years. I really enjoyed my time there. Worked with some great people and learned alot. I would still be there, but we moved back to Washington, PA after our son was born and this company had no sites in my area.
Pros
Fast advancement, decent pay
Cons
With BNY Mellon site, too many bosses not on the same page. Especially at the Philadelphia site.
Inspired college student who is in spired to educate grade school students.
Dispatcher/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2017
As I continue to delve deeper and deeper into the world of education of Kidergartors to K 12, my goals is to prepare our children for the 21st century, I find myself focusing on a single word with increasing frustration: learning. Yet, with the exception of some independent schools and the small character based education movement, the only type of becoming that our conversation about education and school seems to focus on is the one in which young people "become" a member of a particular college clases and society..
Pros
Continue education
Cons
Dont Fail
okay
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
•Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
•Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests
•Answer questions and assist guests and employees
•Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
Great place to learn with an extensive online training program
Hospital Officer/Relief Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The company has the tools and the trainer to continue to be a leading security company. Unknown how the merger with Universal Protection services will affect the overall service to the clients and the team members within. With new merger; company is now called Allied Universal Services of America.
Pros
Unmatched training progam
Cons
Lack of proper management
Daily Activity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 29, 2016
Formulate a maintained establishment for the company to produce business. Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
Filed documentations and folders in chronological order with word documents.
Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
I did not like this place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  South Park Mall, Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2017
The job itself was okay but management could make it harder than what needed at times. I worked at South Park Mall at night. The routes for securing were no problem for the most part but they could get out of hand if mishaps happened at the mall and someone was needed to stand in the parking deck in the dark all night. Management was also not very flexible on schedules unless you were certain people.
A great company to work for to gain experience in management and keep a balance life.
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  UtahDecember 25, 2016
I have worked fro this company for over 5+ years. They were supportive of me when I deployed and have allowed me to continue school. The hardest part of the job is sometimes there are wierd hours that can conflict with schedules. Though with some help from the good team that I have had the pleasure of working with these were minimal at best.
Great professional work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 10, 2017
the job was simple, you do your job and you wouldn't have any problems.

like most security jobs you were at a front desk ,checking badges occaionally worked outside in the guard house/booth. Most employees complied with the rules and regulations.

Depending on where you live distance might of been the only issue for most guards.
Pros
down to earth managment, over time
Cons
working holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location