AlliedBarton Security Services
1,912 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Professional, on task
Security Officer (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 14, 2014
Pros: able to bring your own work with you
Cons: long hours
Long days, always something to do, management is good it changes, co-workers are good, very few people last more than two months. The hardest part was the long hours.
overall neat place to work as a tech
Security Guard (Former Employee), columbia scApril 12, 2014
only complaint is looooong hours and nothing to do, barely any cars one minute your slammed then its dead the rest of the day
productive work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2014
Pros: interaction with customers
Cons: officers callign out frequent
working for Allied Barton, not only was it a wonderful company. But on a day to day working schedule we provided excellent customer service. we also communicated very well with passing on important information for the next officers on duty.
Productive, fun and friendly
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 11, 2014
Pros: good personality
Cons: bad personality
A typical day at work is quiet and easy. I learned how to value what i do. Management always engaging and informing. Co-workers are productive and friendly. The hardest part of the job is not been productive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with positive people.
Leadership
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fulton, MOApril 11, 2014
Worked numerous sites and the site supervisors are not the problem. The problem comes to leadership above them.
SECURITY OFFICER
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee), VIRGINIAApril 11, 2014
WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY WAS NOT BAD. I LEARNT HOW TO INTERRACT AND QUESTION PEOPLE TO GET MUCH INFORMATION
Easy work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility and consistent work
Cons: communication between management not ideal
The work is relatively easy depending on the site they place you at. It's very detail oriented, which isn't too bad once you get used to it. I was listed as part-time for a while but got 32+ hours a week pretty easy. The only problem I had was with the two sets of bosses, the site supervisor and your main supervisor. They are not always on the same – more... page and give you schedules/answers that usually conflict with one another, putting you in a bind. – less
Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILApril 10, 2014
Cons: no social life whether personal or professional
It was ok, if your lucky enough to get an account manager that understands that your life doesn't evolve around the job. That one actually has a life, and a family at home.
only for those with extremely strong constitutions,who don't require bathroom breaksGuards who take themselves too seriously become cartoon characters
Security Guard (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: besides a paycheck
Cons: primarily cons
Allied Barton is primarily interested in thier own agenda, with little to no regard fro human concern of thier employees
Steady employment if you are dedicated.
Security Guard at various locations (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2014
They treat you with respect. Somewhat a military environment with high standards of attendance and ethics. You are expected to be professional as well as friendly to the clients involved. Good position for those with high standards and willingness to be somewhat flexible on your work schedule.
Armed Special Police Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 10, 2014
Protecting staff and property, monitoring property using cctv cameras, and other devices
Good workplace
Security/Fire Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Brook Park, OHApril 10, 2014
I enjoyed my time with allied barton. It was a good place to work. I would work for them again if I could.
The site was awesome
Security Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
Stressful and nothing was organized. I saw the weaknesses of the company's structure. Management was basically non-existent. My coworkers were excellent at their job. Dealing with the short comings of the management. The site they placed me on.
Work at a hospital
Security (Current Employee), Whittier CaApril 10, 2014
Pros: a lot of ovrtime is available
Cons: they try to get you to do too much overrtime every week
I do security at a hospital in Whittier Ca, called PIH... securing buildings , escorting people and employees, responding to different codes
Chaotic workplace with a lack of good leadership.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
Secured premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. Completed reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtained signatures. Ensured operation of equipment by completing preventive – more... maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques. – less
Stressful and slow
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2014
The work place there was very stressful and it was very hard to do you job due to the lack of correct Supervision on the work floor.
productive and challenging
security job (Former Employee), omaha neApril 10, 2014
Pros: fun enjoyable
Cons: no second changes
oversee building greet guest write reports

how to stay observant quick on toes

friendly and willing to train

nice and willing to help

working alone some days

stayed smiling moving around and helping clients and costumer
Safe work place
Security Guard (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: employee support
Cons: n/a
Working as a security guard for Allied Barton has made me a stronger person and more confident. I have learned that is extremely important to always be on the look out of my surroundings.
A step in the right direction
Field Operations Manager Naperville (Current Employee), Naperville, ILApril 9, 2014
I learned a lot about management with this company. I learned the value of training and holding people to standards. My only concern is that I am a salaried manager that never seems to get off work. As an account manager I have 47 clients and a little over 300 officers. There is never enough time in the day to complete
Security Officer
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 9, 2014
The atmosphere the Manager set for the officers (standing in extreme heat for long periods of time) was dangerous

1 2 3 4 5

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos