AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,037 reviews matching the search
What can be said?
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 25, 2016
It's great to gain experience if later wanting to jump into law enforcement or something but, I would have to say just the individuals who are in a supervisor position don't make professional and rational decision making. They make things personal which later effect a co-worker or those in a lower position.

Your typical day will consist of office door unlocks, vehicle unlocks or jump starts with occasional break-ins or thefts while left on property in the exterior parking lots.

Boeing employees range from nice to irritable depending on the individuals character which can make a task difficult than pleasing.

Hardest part of the job is gaining the respect and courtesy of being treated with seniority. Those that have been with the company longer than others should have first say or demands than those that haven't earned that right. Too much favoritism with the wrong people for the job.
Pros
Can get the overtime if you need it.
Cons
Benefits aren't spectacular by any means.
Suck the life out of you!!!!!!
Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2016
Between corporate security,the allied barton pathetic account manager, the bi polar security support nicole, you don't stand a chance! If you want to be lied to, taken advantage of, broken promises, favoritism, misrable long term guards, 3rd world fabric for the uniforms, this is the place for you! !
Pros
Absolutely NONE
The job was rewarding
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJJuly 25, 2016
The typical day was checking hallways and stairwells.I also learned a lot about management from my Super and my co-worker about shuld. and moving co-worker around diffrend shifts and site.
Stable working environment extremely professional.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2016
Overall a very good and prestigious company. I enjoy working third shift a great work environment. Only problem is that the pay isn't the best especially for a supervisor.
Great coworkers but lousy management.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 24, 2016
I worked for AlliedBarton for almost two years in the office. Employees are overworked while the office is understaffed. Management does not care about work life balance and at times very degrading. There is very little empathy for its hourly employees who are underpaid get no leave. Turn over is high because of low wages and lack of opportunity to grow. This company will fail in the Buffalo market because it refuses to be innovative in the correct areas.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
Healthcare, Work Life Balance
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2016
Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities. Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
Can't get promoted
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJuly 23, 2016
It was a fun place to work, although the managers do not like to promote within, they would rather hire from outside the company. I don't understand why they cannot promote within more. That is why I left.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
terrible benefits
Great work environment
Security Supervisor in Buffalo NY (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 23, 2016
Great experience working for Allied Barton Security Services, The location I am posted has been a wonderful experience working for our client and their clients as well.
Good security company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2016
Management tends to be attentive to the needs of its employees. As far as security guard companies this is one of the better ones.
Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 21, 2016
My days are usually very busy. I was a site supervisor with the security company before AlliedBarton took over the contract. I still do the same things and then some with the same pay less the supervisor position.
Pros
It is a better company than the previous security company i was with.
Cons
Low pay.
allied barton
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2016
security officer who patroled a office building in the downtown area working with the motorola phone company threw allied barton security
security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Isle of Palms, SCJuly 21, 2016
Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property. Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing. Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests. Answer questions and assist guests and employees. Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations. Patrol the facility on foot or vehicle. Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner. Monitor closed circuit television systems and alarms.
Pros
great benefits/great pay
Cons
shortness of staff
serious work environment, must stay alert at all times
My duties as an Supervisor Security officer is (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of dealing with disputes before they escalate any further. my team (other officers) always look out for one another, great management staff,
N/a
VP of Operations (Current Employee) –  Midwest RegionJuly 21, 2016
Overall good company prior to the merger they went through. Seem to not have a full grasp on how to merge two companies together. Inexperienced people at the top of the organization who do not fully understand the day to day operations
good work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJuly 21, 2016
really decent place to start working for but not a career field a lot of opportunities for overtime. I patrol the company daily and inspect vehicles for access control. My co-workers are good people to work with daily.
productive work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
typical surveillance of perimeter for AJC Constitution. Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring, surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers. Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurences, and surveillance activities; obtaining signatures.
Pros
knowledge of security business
Cons
no advancement
good productive place to study and focus on school work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 20, 2016
Typical day at work is always an aspect of productive and progress
always have a motive to carry out instructions and to emphasize on a positive day.i enjoy working with my company and it gives me free time to prove to my self and and my company that i can one-day be a person of interest for future positions .
Great workplace that promotes internal visibility
ATS System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 20, 2016
I love working at AlliedBarton Security Systems. The collaborative environment promotes employee growth, learning, and there is tons of visibility with top level management. It is unfortunate that the company is undergoing a merger however I hope they keep the same culture!
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Cost of benefits
Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 19, 2016
This company is very unorganized and will drive you nuts. I am a former employee for this company and had very bad experiences with them. Short hours and terrible distances for locations. They will make you drive far when you first start working.
No Vacation Time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
I work like a dog and have yet to receive vacation time. I am currently looking to get out. I fill in for others and cannot manage to go on my own vacation .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location