AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,112 reviews matching the search
Great place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 6, 2016
Very fast pace and demanding work place. I have learned a great deal about Hazardous materials and computer work. I have great team that is always helpful co-workers that are always ready to work as a team.The hardest part of my job is to pay attention to details and information entered into the correct area in application system. Very important to pay attention to details. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with people.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Need more benefits.
Exceptional leader talented at Security Guard, Selector/ Fork-Lift and Cashier . Technically-savvy with outstanding relationship building, training an
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 28, 2016
Assisted various business groups with document organization and dissemination during acquisitions.

Created boardroom and courtroom multimedia presentations including video and text-sync'd depositions for enhanced understanding.

Developed new process for employee evaluation which resulted in marked performance improvements.
Great coworkers but lousy management.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 24, 2016
I worked for AlliedBarton for almost two years in the office. Employees are overworked while the office is understaffed. Management does not care about work life balance and at times very degrading. There is very little empathy for its hourly employees who are underpaid get no leave. Turn over is high because of low wages and lack of opportunity to grow. This company will fail in the Buffalo market because it refuses to be innovative in the correct areas.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
Healthcare, Work Life Balance
Easiest money you never made
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 7, 2016
Very boring job, most of the sites, you are just required to be there, awake/alive, and wait for 8-16 hours until the next body shows up to relieve you. I would recommend this job to anyone who needs A job to last until they found another. It won't be much, but you will be able to scrape by with your bills with this. Also, there is no advancement available it seems. Also, they will accept you back on the spot as long as you don't leave on bad terms.
Pros
Not very challenging, easy money
Cons
boring, not a living wage
Poorly managed at local and corporate level.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 8, 2016
The training was sub-standard compared to other companies. Just barely enough to meet state requirements. Policies were routinely ignored for reasons of "getting along with the client". Some policies (regarding leaving a post without authorization, developing romantic relationships with co-workers, refusal to perform tasks) were blatantly ignored by post management. Greater emphasis was placed on looking good rather than actually being professional.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Policy violations.
Terribly Unprofessional
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 25, 2016
A night at work would consist of patrolling 43 buildings, unlocking the better part of 100 doors, touching 60+ security tour stations, checking refrigerated truck temperatures, logging employees in/out, etc. Not really a job where one learns much, except how to perform the requirements. Poorly managed altogether, with coworkers either being somewhat incompetent, or trying to play boss. The hardest part of the job was too many expectations and the risk of safety for the pay rate. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out.
Pros
None.
Cons
No official breaks
productive work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
typical surveillance of perimeter for AJC Constitution. Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring, surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry. prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers. Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurences, and surveillance activities; obtaining signatures.
Pros
knowledge of security business
Cons
no advancement
security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Isle of Palms, SCJuly 21, 2016
Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property. Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing. Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests. Answer questions and assist guests and employees. Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations. Patrol the facility on foot or vehicle. Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner. Monitor closed circuit television systems and alarms.
Pros
great benefits/great pay
Cons
shortness of staff
company does not care for there employees
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2016
the management depending on who you get will try to take care of you but the company itself does not care about their employees i have been here for a year and have nothing to show for it. there benefits literally are bare minimum on everything. its really even pointless to have health insurance cause even with it you basically pay for everything at the doctors office anyway. even just for a regular checkup. plus your paying for insurance that doesnt even help you
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2016
Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities. Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
It is not the best security company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33409July 15, 2016
The gatehouse was small but it did include a bathroom. There was only a patrol officer during the 2nd shift of the day and they were only to be out patrolling the community one hour at a time. I worked with the site supervisor there and was very instrumental with his teaching. He was very harsh and militant that some of the residents wanted him gone. I could not take any more of his strict micro-managing so I found the next opportunity to leave.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bossy supervisor, very short breaks
Liked Facebook. Good people and co-workers. The mgr. was great to work for and very helpful.
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2016
Facebook is a wonderful place to work. I took a $450 per week at CPS when A.B. cut my overtime to 40 hours. I had been collecting that amount for 22 months. I went to Facebook for $2.50 per hour more, non commissioned. when my check was shorted by accident, it took 2-2.5 months to get paid. I sat at a desk ,watched cameras, checked employees for badges. and made regular patrols of the building. The free food was great.
Pros
Facebook fed the employees 3 buffet meals per day.
Not very Professional
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 15, 2016
Site Management is very unprofessional, sneaky, and conniving. There are no real opportunities for advancement, especially if you are female and are not a part of "the crew". There is no need to report to upper management b/c they just warn site management about what was said so the employee can get harassed. My experience stems from the Baltimore and Silver spring districts. Pitiful.
Pros
Money was competitive.
Cons
Management are snakes.
Not so good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2016
This line of work is not for those who are nearing 40 and are trying to establish a career or move up. This is for someone whos 21 years old fresh out of college or military and wants to use this as a stepping stone for like the police department. Or someone retired and is looking for something to do. The expectaions were high, but the pay was extremely low. There was health insurance but it was like it didnt exist. My year end review was basically an opportunity for the supervisor to nitpick.
Pros
Paycheck provided your time right
Cons
Lousy uniforms no respect or appreciation and harsh reviews
Security Officer
Supervisor Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
• Major strengths in planning, problem solving and communication.
• Well-organized, efficient, self-star, and goal oriented ter.
• Expert technical knowledge of various security systems
• Major in retail business, clerk, computer systems, and people skill.· security access control, property management, prevent loss inventory, management recorded data, efficient, goal oriented.
COMMUNICATION
· Expert technical knowledge in communication, people skill, problem solving, learn methods of experience in training and skill in different procedures and methods
A great workplace
Security Officer at Long Island University (Current Employee) –  Long Island University Campus Brooklyn NYJuly 7, 2016
I sign into base initially. Then I patrol my assigned building throughout the day every hour. I check fire extinguishers for discrepancy, I check the stairways for debris or any fire hazards. Also I secure spaces in the building or unsecured spaces in the building. I give breaks to my fellow officers on duty. All of my activities I radio to base upon completion. Also I check students and staff members IDs before entering the campus.
Prodtuctive
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work as a security guard is standing at a gate checking and making sure employee's/visitors coming onto property have their badges or proper identification.Sometimes doing random car searches, doing "tours" off-hours. Meaning making sure all of the doors to building are locked and armed properly.

A typical day as a receptionist is greeting all employee's, making sure their badges are visible. Conducting bag checks, checking for illegal substances, weapons, ect.
Great Compensation, Convienient Locations, Good Benefits
Security Offcer (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 7, 2016
Productive work environment
Good environment to learn about work/life balance
Management is very attentive
Co workers offer great support and create a welcoming environment.
The hardest part of the job is adjusting to constant changes
The most enjoyable is the culture of learning and great co-workers
Pros
Compensation, Learning environment
Cons
Adjusting to the constant changes
Not a rewarding experience so far.....
Armed Security Officer-Flex (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2016
I was recently hired as a Flex, Armed and have been on the payroll for 2 weeks. Out of that time I have had 16 hours of classroom instruction (Company Intro/cuff/pepper). Since then, no hours and no calls from either my supervisor or any staff. Very poor management organization. Former Police Officer and professional person, this is starting our in a very poor way for someone who wants to do the best job possible far a large company who says their people are the "conerstone" of their business. Sad. Very sad, and upper Mgt. seems not to be paying attention to what really goes on in the ranks. All about money, I guess.....
Pros
Large company
Cons
Many
Productive Security Environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2016
A typical day at work consists of three main objectives. First, make sure all equipment is accounted for and properly working. Second, monitor BAS alarm systems, Irradiator computer, key scan panels and all cameras. Third, complete tours of all labs, freezers and animal facility holding roioms to make sure areas are clear and secure. The management and co-workers are easy to get along with but not the most professional. The hardest part of the job is being in a seat for eight hours a day and if there is a call out and we cant find a person to cover the shift, the person who receives the the call out over the phone is required to work a double.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location