AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,626 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2016
ABSS is a great place to work. Great people to work with. They have many accounts throughout the Phoenix Area Unarmed and Armed. The money is decent, hours are what they are for the industry. My experience with management though is where they fail. Integrity and approach ability fall way behind normals. I enjoy working with the community in which gives so much to me.
Pros
Personnel, Advancement, Money
Cons
Hours, Management
A good place to train and hone your skills in customer service.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2016
I work the 3rd shift which is usually quiet. This posting has given me experience with several new programs and a chance to expand my training with company provided security courses.

Management is mostly done through email and pass-down communications.

I have worked with Officers from many different cultures and backgrounds, and have learned how to nurture a positive environment despite any differences in life experiences.

There are some nights that are very quiet and constant patrols are needed to keep busy.

I enjoy the opportunity to demonstrate myself as a self-motivator, managing my duties and responsibilities to meet and exceed the needs of the client and their customers.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Working double shifts when short-staffed.
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 8, 2016
This company is a great company to work for. I am glad I had the opportunity to work for them. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Military
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2016
They are a military based company that would change your appearance, the way you talk and would get rid of you as fast as they would hire you.
Company doesnthere best
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about this company and it was a pleasure for me to work for them at the World Trade Center.

Learned that we work as a team and the job is done better.

Coworkers strive and learn more each day which make a proficient security team.

The hardest part of then job is weathering the climate and changes in the weather but it make for never a dull day.

Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have worked at the most populate site in the worked and did a great job in all the tasks I performed at The World Trade Center and I couldn't have done a great job without the outstanding coworkers by my side working as a team.
Pros
Cons
nne
A good workplace but no room for advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2016
Good place to work where my post is assigned. Great co workers but can be very boring when their equipment is not working, exLvehicle
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Have to use a outside rest room
work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2016
its an ok company but there is no room for advancement or advancement takes to long could do better with site assignments
solitary work was new but fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 6, 2016
typical day was showing up to do truck inventory work by foot. answering to incomeing eighteen-wheel trucks droping and picking up from ware house. foot patrols at random writing down information for daily report at end of the job. My supervisor was very kind and strict i only had one co-worker at a time in the location i was at whome would cover the night shift.

there was no hardest part about the job i enjoyed the new experience as a security guard.
About average security company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2016
Low pay, bad benifits, does not match employees with job well. Late notice of changes and general bad communication. Co -workers are not trained.
Pros
steady
Cons
poor pay
Good company to work for.
Security/Badging/Front office admin (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2016
Managers are okay to work with. The benefits are alright. I would say a good company to work for an entry level job.I have worked with some good people and never had any kind of issues with my co-workers. In short a decent environment to work in.
benefits

Want to know more about AlliedBarton Security Services?

Ask a question
Professional security focus environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXFebruary 5, 2016
My security job assignment relied heavily upon security guards working as a unit. The best part of my job was teamwork. Especially, our professionalism during peak (and down) hours, along with some humorous moments, created an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Salary--wages.
Professional and Inviting place to work.
Site Supervisor (Security) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day of work consist of friendly staff inquisitive employees,i learned how to become a more effective and professional leader. My account managers were very helpful and interested in my professional as well as personal growth.My co-workers were very respectful and pleasant to work with and were eager to be involved in a team. The most challenging part of work was not to become to involved with the clients I enjoyed my job most because i was helping people and making them feel safe in their work place.
Pros
Lots of chances for growth, decent pay rates, excellent sites.
Cons
Difficulties getting in touch with HR dept about certain issues.
Very rude management. Lack of leadership.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2016
Terrible company. Management at the NYC office is the worst. The men there are perverted. Wrong or WRONG, they will always make you feel as if you aren't doing an good enough job. Always hand you empty promises. No room for advancement. Avoid this company for your own good. They like to put you down, & always kick you while you are down there.
Cons
Management is no help. Love to look down on others.
part time
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040February 4, 2016
very basic on site training. not very good supervision. tried to keep a high level of professionalism. worked with a lot of lazy guards.
Pros
some sites were nice
Cons
hard to contact any supervisors or managers
Decent Pay, Flexible Schedule.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 3, 2016
I started here a little over a month ago. I really enjoy my job here it is very simple and to the point. There is no management or supervision at this site which can be a good and bad thing. There are not enough security staff assigned to the post I work so if someone calls out basically you are by yourself. Co-workers are great no problem with any of them. Management for the most part will answer you if its important but have a hard time getting a hold of them or they don't write back for days at a time. Overall its a good side job but there is basically no room for extra hours or OT.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Decent Pay.
Cons
No benifits for family. No advancement opportunities or hours to pick up.
Not a great place o work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hutchins, TXFebruary 2, 2016
hours are terrible pay is even worst. Management is poor. You request things and they do not keep their word on promises they made.
Great Place to work....
Executive Protection (Current Employee) –  Hartford CTFebruary 2, 2016
Great Job and great company. From on-boarding to leaving they are supportive and always looking to train for success. The management is looking for the best people to promote.
Important job as it deals with Homeland Security
Airport Security Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Very stringent rules and operating procedures. But, they are there for a reason, since a slip up could lead to mass loss of life.
Pros
Good comraderie
Cons
Turn over is too much
My Review
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutFebruary 1, 2016
My typical day at work is very busy which on one hand is good because the day flies by however being the only HR person for the state can be very trying in getting my workload done.
Large company with multiple good paying contracts, but dominated by poor management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Being a large company, there are multiple well-paying contracts to work for, particularly in major industries. Job culture however, is very poor, with very little understanding of personal schedules, and in fact have multiple required, disruptive meetings outside of normal scheduling. Many sites are also dominated by poor manager that are dominated by professional paranoia.
Pros
Well paying opportunities
Cons
Poor scheduling & management