AlliedBarton Security Services
2,741 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Productive and friendly environment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: healthcare
you must have a business mindset when working with allied barton, must be able to handling problems and be a great leader.
Security Guard
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: working by my self
Cons: the pay
security
how to write report like the police
management was good
co-worker was good
nothing was hard about the job
got to work by my self
Great work environment and very productive
Security Officer-Patrol Guard (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Responsibilities for access control; which include allowing clearance for specific corporate associates, such as delivery trucks or outside contractors. Maintain a constant visual of people entering the site, as well as observing the premises for any suspicious activity. Conduct foot patrols every 2 hours during shift. Maintain and update daily log reports, along with alarm and incident reports. Monitor the CCTV camera system for any suspicious persons entering site or for hazardous alerts, fires, flooding, etc. Assign badges to on site employees, outside contractors, and visitors. Work closely with supervisor scheduling security staff shift hours. Also one on one meetings regarding sites overall security status. As well as performing Front Lobby desk duties which include: answering phone calls, transferring phone calls to appropriate lines, file paper work daily/monthly, generate access control door reports, gathering mail for office personnel, and putting together packets for contractor’s/employee’s/visitor’s to sign that explain the rules of the facility.
descent company
Licensed Security Officer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: lots of contracts
Cons: low pay on most
It is a good company overall you just need to find the right contract that pay enough for you. management is descent. problem is they have been losing a lot of big accounts
It is an ok company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay, friendly staff, diversity in the workplace
Cons: supervisors should be more involved with the sites and the security officers.
Allied Barton is not a bad company to work for, but there are some things they could change. The pay is decent, but they really need to screen their applicants more before they send them to the sites. They will hire anyone with a heart beat. Some of the people they hire do not even care about the site or the job. They should have someone drive around and check all the sites to see if people are working and have their guard card on them. This has not happened once since I started with the company. I would be more than happy to be the one who drives around and checks on the different site. I have noticed that when new employees are sent to the site, it is not the supervisor that is training, it is those officers who are on the site, who train. Now, this was just what I noticed for my site, it may be different for other sites. However, usually if that is how it is run here at this site, then, it is run the same way at other sites. I feel that the supervisor should be training everyone, that is why they are called a supervisor, to supervise everything. No other complaints yet.
Everday was new
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: decent pay, friendly coworkers
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed my time at Allied Barton, everyday was something new either a new problem that needs to be fixed or something I see driving to different sites.
Productive and large work loads on daily basis
Supervisor (Current Employee), NW, District of ColumbiaFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day at work varies day by day. On a day to day basis I greet guest and sign them in. As a supervisor I work directly with the property manager and building engineer. I supervise 6 people and look over their daily reports everyday. I also check the service and security emails every 15 minutes to see if there are any orders placed or to see if tenants need any access to any part of the building. If they have proper paperwork I would provide access through data watch systems.
Good start company for new security Guards
Security Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2015
It is a good company to begin a career as a security guard. This company mentions to the new contracted securities their benefits, which many of them sometimes are not met, and other benefits such as health insurance cannot be Afford by the guards because of the low wages paid, and they never make a wage salary increase for years.
Great Job, but not convenient for myself
Security Officer (Current Employee), Buckhead, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: laid back, easy once you get the hang of the procedures, decent pay
Cons: too far from home
When I first started working for Allied Barton I loved it. I still love the comfort of my position, being a security officer, there are many different positions you can have. I sit in a box shaped room monitoring cameras, answering alarms, and things of that nature. It's all pretty easy and laid back, my only problem is the inconvenience in the distance for me. I live about 30-45 minutes away from my job. Being a single mother, especially since my position is on graveyard shift I'd prefer something that suits my mommy "JOB" too. It's also difficult to commute in bad weather, unfortunately where I live weather this winter has been unexpected so I've had to drop a few days out of a few weeks of my already part time schedule. Which means money is not being met for bills.
Good guards, poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: plenty of hours
Cons: antiunion, anti aha
Typical anti-union game playing company, a few good managers and a lot of good guards. 8 hours between shifts, and no overtime even if you work back to back shifts.
No Communication.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), SLC, UtFebruary 26, 2015
My Supervisor was horrible at communication. He would change my schedule at random times and then I would get blamed for not showing up for shifts. Made me look bad for my coworkers and future employers.
Allied Barton
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay, no respect, no job security
With Allied Barton it all depends on where you work. You can be working at an exciting site like CBS news station where you are never bored and you are always entertained or you can be in working out in the streets in the cold for $9 an hour for some unruly client who can care less about you. This company has it's ups and it's downs. However it mostly has downs. I would recommend this company for those who are just trying to get there foot in the door of the business of security.
Boring but very easy job.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: a lot of downtime, not hard work
Cons: no lunch breaks, no sick day/ holiday time off, 5 days of vacation after 1 year of employment
Its alright for someone who is fresh out of high school or in college, but career wise it takes to long to move up. The management is hard to get in touch with and they have too many people to work with to focus on one individual.
armed contract security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Monroe, MIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: high stress and low job security
worked at a facility where the in house and private contract security did essentially the same job and worked side by side but the compensation was skewed towards in house. the contract security walked around on egg shells as not to upset management. if management became uninterested in you working at the facility you were blacklisted from any other nuclear facility and could not work at another one for five years. the security company did not have other armed security positions so the pay cut by being forced out of the facility was half. management took very few recommendations and made few improvements to the job and effectiveness. the co workers were excellent people and good to work with. the stress of a single mistake getting you fired or getting moved from the site was enough to inspire me to leave. I greatly enjoyed the folks I worked with and the different personalities but job security was not assured.
There is no care to the employee as long as the job gets done!
Security Concierge/Desk attendant/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: you can do what you want when it come to your breaks!
Cons: the breaks for ot does not change!
Show up and go home honestly you have to make this job and own this job in oder for it to feel like something to make a check with otherwise......
I learned how to deal and handle different clients in the corperate world. Management had thesame attitude of the co workers honestly just waiting to go home. The hardest part of the job is excepting that it's only a temprary thing. The most enjoyable part is getting exposed to all kinds of different people.
Decent company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: able to approve/create a tailored work schedule
Cons: dealing with the hr manager
I have no major gripes concerning this company. Every security company has its pros and cons. Working with the management in this company has been a lot more easier and smoother then with Securitas. This company also pays on average better then most local security companies (including some national ones like Scuritas).
Great
Security Operations Officer (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Great place to work fun and enjoyable place to be very nice people to work a with and to be around. Love showing up for work every mourning I enjoy the people that I work with and also the employer's of the contracted site I can not ask for a better place to be and work.
Productive and Understanding workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the experience
Cons: the pay
I would start with making sure all clip boards have the proper paperwork , sign visitors in and out, answer calls and transfer to the appropriate department and generate badges for new employees. I learned what Customer Service means and what it takes to achieve it. Management is so understanding of your personal life and my co-workers always showed concern and appreciation. I loved working along side of my supervisor; creating and implementing policies and procedures. I did not like to see a lot of officers leave for various reasons.
Review for Maurice Southall jobs
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Making rounds in the building and checking the id of the workers at the door. Management worked very well with the security guards. Met new friends and I got along very well with my coworkers. When Allied lost the contract on the account. First time becoming a security officer and it was very exciting.
n/a
Security Guard (Former Employee), Curtis Bay, MDFebruary 24, 2015
I choose not to disclose any further information about this company .I choose not to disclose any further information about this company .

1 2 3 4 5

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos