AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 5,255 reviews matching the search
It was a big company with great potential.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2017
This place has been a pilar of security standards, especially regarding customer service. I learned so much about how to deal with customer escalations and patience. It was a rewarding company to work for with an amazing crew and support system. The hardest part of working for this company was the rudeness and incompetence of a certain site manager I was forced to work with. I had tried my absolute best to work along side him and become his ideal worker. It was unfortunate that I had to work with him because they had an outstanding crew that had your back and had great integrity.
Great learnig experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2017
Enjoyed working on JHU Campus as a Security Officer. Flexible shift hours. Plenty of overtime. Great management, benefits, and pay. You meet a lot of different people. Opportunity to build a career as a security guard.
slow
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work was slow and not much to do. The hardest part of this job was staying up all night. I learned that working security it takes hard work.
Very relaxed and management is wonderful
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 16, 2017
Never had a problem with management. Always enjoyed this company even if there wasn't anywhere to advance to. Always felt welcomed and felt training was executed greatly.
excellent hours for someone without a family
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 16, 2017
Allied barton provides the best quality service around. being the 3rd largest company they provide the man power and reasonable accommodation for hours and service. they provide the services needed for you to succeed and grow within the company if you choose to. Allied barton offers a wide range of facilites and companies to work through.
Pros
good management
Cons
no haelthcare
Not bad job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2017
I only worked for six month from february 2014-september 2014, so a lot it might have change for the better or worse, but it was ok when I work there.
Pros
40 hr a week and maybe some overtime might be offered
Cons
no pay raise until the contract get renewed
Great company, great people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2017
Working for this company was a lot fo fun. There was plenty of room for advancement and a great team and staff to follow direction from. Plus they were very flexible with my schedule.
Great security company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
A days work consisted of maintaining building security. Can be boring at times depending on where you are stationed, but other than that you get to converse with employees or customers of the company.
Not a great comapny to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 15, 2017
This company approved my medical leave and then when I tried to come back to work they told me that they never told me they would have my job for me when I came back ( but all the while they had ads running for ew officers that they needed) and then tried to tell unemployment that I had never called them about my job.
The everday tasks keep you on your feet.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed the developed networking relationships. The upbeat enviroment and the daily event. Intrducing the Officers to new skills as the site was countionsly upgrading and changing.
fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2017
I had a great experience working at allied barton. opportunity for growth and advancement in position. No regrets working at allied barton. will be Appling again after my break.
Pros
work as much as you are able to
Cons
not enough hours in the day
poorly run
Security/customer service (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 14, 2017
The worst company to work for. poorly managed and very unprofessional. Working overtime was almost forced into you. Management had certain preference for some individuals.
Pros
Cons
Prefernce for some employees and dishonest.
Awesome Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSAugust 14, 2017
Its a lot of sitting but after a long time working you get use to it the money is ok but no rise in pay after a years work when they said they would so Quit my job to find better.
Pros
Health care
Cons
no raises in pay.
Great people and customer service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
Easy work, customer service, not hard at all. Great people to work with but management is horrible. They don't paid great but its ok if you was unemployed and needed a job.
Pros
a job, great people
Cons
no benefits, low pay, management are back stabbers.
room for advancement
OPS Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 13, 2017
Management works hard to keep personal happy.
Good people to work for. I primarily work off site at a client facility.
I train and manage all the security staff. Allied is very supportive to all our needs at the site. The hardest part has been staffing officers at this location because this site requires a DOD Government clearance. The best part is working directly with the client, solving issues and creating new security measures.
Pros
pay is good on some accounts
Cons
staffing process is slow.
Job Security Safe
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2017
This company has it's ups and downs. I was employed about 3-4 years and the opportunity for grown was basically up to my manger and he was not willing to train assist or help move forward. End result i left the company because i wanted to grow with a company not just be a officer.
Pros
job security
Cons
no opportunity for growth unless you have a good op manger
There is no other activities besides working there.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2017
Since I started working with AlliedBarton on September of 2010, I was never given a pay raise for five years. When I finally got it, it was fifty cents.
Pros
Nothing that i know off
Cons
No pay increase
Poor company
District Executive (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 11, 2017
This a well managed company from the corporate level, the local level of management left alot to be concerned about the future of the company. Stay away
My post was a very good place to work at
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 11, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of arriving to the site early, going to the cafeteria to get breakfast and then to my post early enough to get briefed by the outgoing officer. The workplace culture had a lot of friendly and cooperative client employees.

Nothing hard about working at this site.

Most enjoyable part of the job was touring the facility on foot and being paid to exercise and interact with the client's customers and employees.
Enjoyed working at the site I was assigned
Assistant Site Supervisor/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
A typical workday was good and rarely busy. I learned how to do security work. My supervisor was great as well as the people I worked with. There were nothing hard about the job. I enjoyed greeting visitors and assisting them
Pros
laid back place to work
Cons
low pay benefits not so great