AlliedBarton Security Services
2,899 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services United States Employee Reviews

Horrible
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), USAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Internet
Cons: Stupid people.
Horrible, Incompitent management. They dont care about their employees. They only care about saving money. Cant be sick still have to come into work. Poorly staffed. Just a paycheck job, nothing more. Searching for better job. Co-workers feel the same as I do. Working alone is best here. Leaving is way better.Received a 6 cent raise after 5 months of makeing 10.25.
Always busy and had to be on your feet a lot
1st Shift Supervisor/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great management
I did payroll, scheduling, trainning, security, and accounting. Monitored cameras and employees daily. Data entry and reports daily for corporate
Great Place To Work In
Security Officer/Front Desk Concierge (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 20, 2015
I enjoy working there, I get paid well and it has great benefits.The only down fall is that the rules and procedures are very tedious and you can get fired for any little mistake.
A tipical day at work
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: payed lunch brake, paid sick leave, paid vacation
Cons: Short brakes, expensive healthcare
It was my first day at the job, and i was posted in a high rise building
front desk.The front desk security whom i relieved was the one who should train me about the building,he trained me most of the tasks, but forgot to show me where the building alarm control box located.
He was in harry to leave and left the building.Very unfortunately the
alarm went off and i followed the procedure to report to the concerned officials, but unable to locate where the problem took place.I called all Patrol securities to the front security desk to ask them where the box was located, they don't know it. A few minutes
later the supervisor arrived and solved the problem. Next day the security officer who trained me was removed from the post.
Good company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: Room to grow
Cons: Some sites
I understand not everyone has the same opinion or experiences but my time with this company was very pleasant. Like with any other security company not every site will be enjoyable. There are times where you may work at a site where more then just security work is required.
what I learned/co-workers
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Reston, VAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Loyalty to Employees
Cons: Healthcare could be better
Allied Barton has shown me that after working all of the long, hard, endless days eventually it will all pay off. That is if you want a career and not just a job. I am thankful for my my team of co-workers who made everyday coming to work easy, even on Monday Mornings.
AlliedBarton puts their employees' safety as a first priority
Security officer and shift supervisor (Former Employee), Boston MAApril 18, 2015
Pros: paid break times
Cons: 10 to 16 hours a day
AlliedBarton gives decent pay rate to their employees
also provide safe work environment. great work uniforms.
also provides great benefits.
Policy discrepancies
Security Officer (Former Employee), Omaha, NebraskaApril 17, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: No breaks, contract work
Co-workers were great. Upper management was out of the loop. Work policies in handbook were contradictory to each other. Basically, not a great place to work
AlliedBarton Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2015
The company is a decent security company, but it is hard to get hired on because the hiring process seems to be unorganized. You are well trained though and can meet interesting people directly and indirectly related to your job.
decent
Security Officer (Current Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJApril 16, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: trouble reaching management, can interfere in family life ex. emergencies you cant just leave without someone to hold you post
depending on your site you can either be moving around a lot or sit and monitor the cameras.

i learned to be more observant with my surroundings no mater where im at. utilize my customer service experiences.

normally i have good co workers.

hardest part of my job is not being able to leave if i have an emergency.
Productive and fun place to work
Security Manager (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 16, 2015
Enhance your skills in management, and public relation. plenty of room to advance and a culture of promoting within. good balance of work/family life
Great people willing to work with difficult schedules for those in school.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great management, Willing to work with life schedules of employees
Cons: No advancement oppertunities
Great leadership communication, fun people to be around and make a sometimes stressful job fun. Management listens to their employees.
great company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 16, 2015
very nice environment . a lot of changes but that apart of the work life. to learn how to adapt to the changes.. great people in the work place as well
787 7th ave site (Supervisor) 3pm -11pm
Security Guard / Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Good clients
Cons: healthcare, human resouces
Great place to work, great experiences on meeting different people around the United States and other counties , Communication is key! Hardest part of the job is people not willing to try to work or listening to advice. My co- workers are great because we are a team and we look out for each other except for a few bad apples. Management need to be more in touch with there Supervisors and Co- Workers.
Productive and fun place to work, my co-worker is terrific and we get along very well.
Certified Application Counselor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
My day begin at 12:00 am, I sit and monitor a warehouse filled with pharmaceutical. The management is good, the workers get along well with each other. I would say the hardest part of my job is being able to stay awake all night. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I am here alone, don't get me wrong I am a team player and work well with a team also, I say that to say I can work on my own also.
Rude and do not care about lower level workers BOYS CLUB
Receptionist/Operator/Security (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Pretty ok dental, vision
Cons: Paying for a union that does nothing
If you want top work some where with no challenges then tis is the perfect company for you. I appreciate having a job but this company is a complete boys club. Skills and experience do not get you moved up, kissing up does. I have my degree and it doesn't make a difference
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: no training
I personally think there could of been more training to further the advancement of the officers thank worked for the company.
Allied Barton is and ok place to work depending on what site your at.
Security Officer/Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: depending on the site its easy to request off
Cons: healthcare
Some sites Allied has are good to work and some aren't. They lost a lot of contracts due to poor management. Some of the supervisor are just there for the money they don't do their job right. One supervisor I had at on site I was at always had my back.
Great company
Security Officer/Guest Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Many opportunities for advancement
This was a great company to work for, particularly, if you are looking for an entry-level position in customer service or security.
very stressful
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 14, 2015
Ive learned that working with this company so far is not what was expected. When you expect things they always turn into dissappoinments.

1 2 3 4 5

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Salaries