AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 4,676 reviews matching the search
transitory job
Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
I as a flex officer this job was as expected, no steady hours, pay wasn't great, work/life balance was non existent. and the requirement was that once you get a call, you go to work, as long as that is all one expects its ok. growth opportunity was often not available.....
productive work place
Special Police Officer & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2017
nice place to work, very well known company with lots of major contract all over the DMV area. was able to grow within the company, and gained a lot of experience working with the company for over 10 years.
Pros
plenty of sites to work
Cons
late hours and graveyard shifts and managment.
One of the better security companies.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day would depend on the site you are assigned to. I've learned how to deal with difficult and unreasonable people. The management are usually supportive and knowledgeable leaders. Most co-workers work well together as a team. The hardest part of the job, as with all security, is the general public and a lack of respect for any uniformed personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team atmosphere and being able to help people.
Pros
Great company with great training and certifications.
Cons
Very low pay.
Productive and safe place to i enjiyed workung with everyone.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  W 33rd street new york nyJanuary 18, 2017
A typical night at work catching up on paperwork. I learned how to be responsible individually while working by myself to be very aware of my surroundings.The hardestvpart of my job was keeping the video monitors focused the most enjoyable was just being at work.i put my all into whatever job i do.
Pros
Raise every 3 months, work independently, enjoyed my job.
Cons
Working overnight, stuxk on another shift, not getting enough ctedit.
Great experiences
Utility Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Allied Barton is a good company and has helped me grow in areas of leading and being service to others. Work days vary, each day and site are different. I have had good and bad managers and co-workers as I'm sure this is prevalent in every industry. The hardest part of the job is the balancing act to make everyone happy, the client, Allied Barton and the officers I that I have had the honor to serve.
Horrible workplace with insane leadership and low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Worst employer I have ever had the displeasure of working for. The merger with Universal has not changed the culture at all. Management is incompetent and wages are horrible. Check your check, they consistently short you hours.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Fun coworkers, poor management
Public Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The people I worked with were fun but the managing staff could have been better. They didn't respond to concerns or questions and did not want to engage with their employees.
Great place to learn with an extensive online training program
Hospital Officer/Relief Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The company has the tools and the trainer to continue to be a leading security company. Unknown how the merger with Universal Protection services will affect the overall service to the clients and the team members within. With new merger; company is now called Allied Universal Services of America.
Pros
Unmatched training progam
Cons
Lack of proper management
its ok
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2017
the worklife there is okay depending on the location they place you at. my experience was complete chaos because i had a boss who just didnt like me. So it all depends on where you work and who you work with.
Pros
benefits/ okay pay
Cons
location
It's Security
Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Management is ok. The pay is average for the area. Advancement is non existent unless you want to get paid next to nothing for the rest of your life. Use this job to try to go into law enforcement or something better.
okay
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
•Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
•Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests
•Answer questions and assist guests and employees
•Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
Great flexable and keeps employees active. Advancement is rapid.
Operation Manual, Post Orders, and executive memos (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2017
Great company
Training
Balanced - Time Life and Finance
Atmosphere is professional
Company is versatile in adapting to the clients climate.
Service is individually crafted to fit dynamic of your request.
it started off great
Security Officer- (Console Operator) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2017
it's an ok company to work for it has it's perks and it has it's downfall when it comes to being an officer some of the site supervisors are ok and will do or help you with anything you ask or need from them and the pay is great depending on the site your at, I didn't have any co-workers, i learned how to secure a building and, monitor ccvtv's the hardest part of the job only if you work the night shift is staying woke and getting enough sleep
Pros
the pay is good depending on the site
Cons
the company does not back there employees site
Work In Progess
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCJanuary 14, 2017
Upper management needs a lot of work. There is poor communication between upper management and Officers. Employee recognition will make workers appreciate their jobs more.
Pros
Free Lunches, Etc...
Cons
Short Breaks, Healthcare, ETC..
My site is okay.
Special Projects Officer (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 14, 2017
Management is still somewhat of a problem. They like to promote their buddies. I enjoy working with my co-workers well most of them. The site is good, but management is always messing up pay and giving the better shifts to people they are buddy buddy with then others who deserve it.
Fun workplace
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Stress free job. Very laid back atmosphere. Direct and to the point training is literally that following week of the interview and once you pass your weeks worth of training you start working at the site that next day. No mess.
Pros
No boss directly over me.
Cons
hour drive to work every day.
Great Job for College Student
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29210January 12, 2017
Allied Barton Security is a great place to work if you are a college student or have a lot of free time. Most schedules are flexible to work around school schedules and when at work it's like the perfect study place. With working through Allied you will become CPR and SLED certified, due to it being a requirement by the state, The honest hardest part about working for Allied is that you work overnight mostly and you have to stay up and alert at all times. I feel like there's a lot of freedom on the job as well as far as someone on your back goes,
Pros
Weekly Pay, benefits, flex schedule
Cons
Part time, no breaks
High Turnover
Access Control of employee entrance (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 12, 2017
I was assigned at Cargill world headquarters and a typical day is just sitting at the desk for eight hours Controlling access, Making rounds on all floors. filling out reports.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
you sit all day long
productive workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2017
easy work , great clients and customers are friendly. Some days are slow others are fast paced. Paid lunch breaks are always good.
Good Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2017
really had no problems with the company but didnt like the account manager i had or the site. I wouldnt mind reapplying. they do have alot to offer. not just another hole in the wall security company.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
some accounts they have are horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location