AlliedBarton Security Services
2,300 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Overall a Good Company
Payroll & Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 17, 2014
Overall a good company.

Flexible when it comes to locations.

Good Management.

Opportunity for advancement and growth.
Every site is diffrent
Security Officer (Current Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: if you get a good site you'll be well compensated (medical insurance, paid vacation, anual raises, and possible promotions)
Cons: not all sites are equal, i unfortunately landed in a site with no future.
I work in a warehouse where not a lot goes on. I have asked multiple times to be internally transferred it's been two years and still nothing. They tell you how to do a lot of things I personally did not not receive any hands on training. The site where I work at had two officers but do to cuts now I am the only guard working. I manage myself and interacting – more... with the people here isn't bad. – less
assisting guest as they enter the tower
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2014
Supervises five security officers, responsible for the security of a thirty-two floor multi-tenant high-rise building. I am responsible for scheduling payroll, setting objectives, planning, forecasting, motivating and several other administrative duties. And in the absence of the Security Manager, I supervise a staff of 18 people.
Hardest part of the job
Cashier/Security (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the rude customer but thank to my ability of staying calm and my mind set to respect the customer I always smile no matter the situation.
Productive work environment that will keep you on your toes.
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons: lack of job security, very little advancement.
A typical day at work consists of phone communications, building tours and checking in and out visitors. I learned basic first aid and basic smoke alarm maintenance. Management was great; they were one of the best run security organizations I've been associated with. My co-workers were knowledgeable and diligent. The toughest part of the job was writing – more... incident reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the employees within the building. – less
slow pace work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: easy going work environment
Cons: extremely low wages
observe and report
perform exterior patrols
greet customers coming and leaving
life in a box
Security Officer (Former Employee), Taylor, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good pay, good health care
Cons: mangement wasnt so great
I loved my co-workers, But it wasn't a security job, it was more like answering phones and directing people where to go.
Nice clean environment
security Guard providing security (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: work 12 hour shifts on weekends
Provide security for a defense contracting company. Ensures security of the building after duty hours. Conducts patrols to ensure all doors are secure and monitors alarm systems.
Easy job, great for a student. Low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee), FloridaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: easy, can study or watch netflix and get paid.
Cons: no breaks, low pay, poor benefits.
Job is very easy. Don't do much. Pay and benefits are low. have to work a year just to get a week of vacation which is absurd. Hard to survive off of the low pay. It works for me because I can study for school. If you go into it knowing what is in store, and as a temporary or 2nd job its fine.
Great place to work but hard to advance
Security Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great sites, good benefits, vacation and holidays are easily taken
Cons: management can be unhelpful at times, no room for advancement
I have worked for Allied Barton for over two years at multiple sites, and i love my job. However, I have been working part-time the entire time. Instead of providing me with a full time position, which I have applied for on multiple occasions, Im simply provided with another site to work for more hours. I do have a family, and working so much to get – more... a reasonable amount of hours takes away all of my time. I need a stable income, and they have not provided me with such. – less
The crew
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZSeptember 14, 2014
A hard working crew. Willing to learn and follow. Company offered full benefits.
Great Security Job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Allied Barton was awesome to work for. You could advance almost immediately to supervisor if you wanted. They have great opportunities and the people were great to work with. The job itself was the most enjoyable part.
very first security job
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee), Wellesley, MASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: graveyard shift
learned a lot from working as a security officer, specially when it comes to customer service.
Excellent company to work for
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 11, 2014
The work environment is well structured. The company is very flexible on work hours and the people who you work alongside are a very diversified group.
Awesome place.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 11, 2014
Loved working here. Everyone was willing to work with you and meet your needs as long as you worked towards meeting theirs as well. They really cared about the people they put on job sites and weren't simply hiring people to fill a spot.
Open to learn more
Security Officer (Current Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 11, 2014
Dealing with major and minor's issue that comes with working in a hospital and it will challenge you. You have to be quick on your feet and fast to react in situations that my get out of control.

I dealt with patrolling the interior and exterior of the building, responding to disturbers and serious or mild issues.

Learning different security stations – more... on site – less
great management team
FS/EAP DIRECTOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great envirnoment
Cons: no increase in pay
Jobs is very challenging which is something i look for considering it furnishes my skills in the business, I can honestly say that there's nothing hard about the job itsetlf, the management team and co workers make it easy .
Good experience, but long hours are tedious.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Sellersville, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: mostly working alone, can get a lot of work done.
Cons: not much human interaction.
A typical days consists of monitoring the facility, intrusion alarms, and patroling the site. Learned a lot about FDA, OSHA, and DEA regulations. Management is always encouraging you to do your best and are always there to help and answer any questions. The hardest part about the job is the 12 hour shifts, they become tedious and exhausting, espeically – more... on long nights when the facility is closed for TEVA employees. I enjoy working alone for the most part and self motivation is key. – less
Paid the bills.
EMT-B Security Officer (Former Employee), Malvern, PASeptember 10, 2014
Very easy job. Very boring most of the time. Nice place to work.
Great Training
Assistant Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
This company will train you for advancement more than any company i've been apart of.

1 2 3 4 5

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos