AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 4,207 reviews matching the search
Decent Pay, Flexible Schedule.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 3, 2016
I started here a little over a month ago. I really enjoy my job here it is very simple and to the point. There is no management or supervision at this site which can be a good and bad thing. There are not enough security staff assigned to the post I work so if someone calls out basically you are by yourself. Co-workers are great no problem with any of them. Management for the most part will answer you if its important but have a hard time getting a hold of them or they don't write back for days at a time. Overall its a good side job but there is basically no room for extra hours or OT.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Decent Pay.
Cons
No benifits for family. No advancement opportunities or hours to pick up.
Typical contract security company
State Licensed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 20, 2016
Having worked for AlliedBarton Security Services (ABSS) for roughly four (4) years, I've come to the realization that it may not be the "career" choice for me. ABSS is the most poorly managed companies that I've had the chance to work for. The branch office is over an hour away from the site I work at, there are minimum pay raise opportunities, career advancement is almost impossible, and the turnover rate of employees is astoundingly high. With that being said, I enjoy the job, my coworkers, and my work environment.
Pros
Consistent Full-Time Hours, Paid Time Off
Cons
Bad Management at all levels. No pay raise. No career advancement.
Solid place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 30, 2016
Management was on top of things, issues were addressed quickly, online was training available. They were very good about making sure that all of your certifications were kept current.
Pros
I worked at a good site, nice people, pleasant atmosphere.
Cons
No raises unless you change positions and move to a higher paying one.
A professional atmosphere with good structure.
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 28, 2015
Having been working at this company for a little over 4 years, there is so much to say about this company. They are very professional at what they do. They treat their employees very well and keep them safe as well. I have never worked for a company that cared so much about my well-being.
Pros
Job security, job safety, the safety culture, the employees, the management.
Cons
Health benefits are not the greatest, but that doesn't reflect them to me.
A good place to train and hone your skills in customer service.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2016
I work the 3rd shift which is usually quiet. This posting has given me experience with several new programs and a chance to expand my training with company provided security courses.

Management is mostly done through email and pass-down communications.

I have worked with Officers from many different cultures and backgrounds, and have learned how to nurture a positive environment despite any differences in life experiences.

There are some nights that are very quiet and constant patrols are needed to keep busy.

I enjoy the opportunity to demonstrate myself as a self-motivator, managing my duties and responsibilities to meet and exceed the needs of the client and their customers.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Working double shifts when short-staffed.
Its good if you get a good site. But they don't believe in annual raises.
Gate Officer (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 9, 2016
This company has it's ups and downs. I've learned good security skills with this company through its training. The management is always on call. Benefits are excellent but compensation is ok the first year but getting a raise is tough.
Great place to work and interact with the public
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2016
The job is a great place to work and grow. The company makes sure you are updated on all qualifications. I like the fact that I was able to move around freely and able to interact with employees and the public. A great place to work if you really care about the safety and security of public and private businesses and others.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
due to salary the insurance was hard to afford good medical insurance
a great start for leadership experience
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 5, 2016
AlliedBarton is a good company to start off any career path you choose to gain leadership and management experience. There isn't a typical day at work and there's always something to do to get through your shift. I perfected my time management skills while being employed with AlliedBarton and upper management is always a phone call away for any type of assistance. My co-workers are decent co-workers that could definitely use a lot of improvement in their work ethics. The hardest part of my job in management is dealing with employees who constantly need training and reminders on how to operate and do things. My most enjoyable part of the job is the customer service we provide for our clients. Our clients are what keeps the company going and maintaining a great long term business relationship.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Lazy Workers
only apply if desperate
Security (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 3, 2016
They lied about getting pay raise, they lied about shifts, management is not held accountable, inappropriate relationships between supervisors and guards. Kemah office did not care at all. JSW/Allied Barton is just not worth it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Dont keep their word, lazy, management is horible
Decent pay, but could be higher
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day is being vigilant and alert while posted or patrolling and paying attention to detail while checking ID's and acting as a deterrent to potentially any wrongdoers, as well as providing customer service for client patrons and employees. The management needs improvement with communication. The hardest part of the job is traveling from place of residency to job site(s). The further you have to travel, there is no compensation. Majority of the co-workers work well with one another. As any job, there are a few hard to get along with ones. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and the client co-workers that you have built a strong camaraderie with.
I love working with a diverse culture.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Lay back but a high demanding environment. You have your ups and downs with your work schedule at times but management will work with you. Working the events were fun as well as escorting the President and His Assistants around having the opportunity of getting to know them and speaks with them. Some times the different attitudes and mind set of the Officers and students can be challenging. But over all meeting people from different walks of life and learning there culture was fun and exciting.
Pros
100 percent health insurance
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Large company with multiple good paying contracts, but dominated by poor management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Being a large company, there are multiple well-paying contracts to work for, particularly in major industries. Job culture however, is very poor, with very little understanding of personal schedules, and in fact have multiple required, disruptive meetings outside of normal scheduling. Many sites are also dominated by poor manager that are dominated by professional paranoia.
Pros
Well paying opportunities
Cons
Poor scheduling & management
Site Supervisor
SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2016
Clerical and management. Never enough staff. Babysitting grown adults. Too much religion throughout the company. The culture of the people seem too rooted in religious beliefs and seemed to get in the way of work at times. Work ethic seems very lacking with most of the employees. Those that did work ended up on the worst shifts because they could work alone. Too many call outs for various reasons. Not a good work environment for me. I like management they were all very nice and good people. The level of employees was not what it could have been.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Employees did not have good work ethics
Great Job
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 29, 2016
Allied Barton is one of the best Security Companies in the USA. I have had very positive experiences with this company. The opportunity to advance, the pay and the benefits are good.
Pros
Competitive pay, Good hours, good benefits, paid vacation, paid sick leave, holiday bonyus
Cons
As a security officers at any company, if your relief does not show up to relieve you you have to stay and complete the next shift
Waterloo Location, Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 22, 2016
No room for advancement, confidentiality not honored, no accountability for harassing and hostile employees. Often times favoritism and religious views are the key to advancement within the company. Unrealistic job demands that change over time, poor communication, hostile environment at times.
Cons
Unethical management, lack of advancement, hostile environment, breach of confidentiality constantly.
depends how your co-workers are
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 6, 2016
District manager and site supervisor were discriminate towards several serving national guard members. Funny thing is that their client is very military friendly and in fact a defense contractor. It inconvenienced their schedule because some folks have a drill period or training. On the flip side, they need people with ready or could pass clearance because of the client requirements. My boss could let me do my job and not micromanage. Site sup could use less drama and know what line not to cross.

I'm sure other districts or sites have good people. The Indianapolis district is a black hole.
Pros
depends on your co-workers/management/supervisor
Cons
watch your back
Good place to work in between jobs or while going to school.
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2016
There is a big disconnect between management and employees. There are a lot of hoops to jump through in order to do anything, and the compensation is not very good. I would recommend working here only for students and those who are in between jobs. This should not be considered as a permanent job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management, compensation
Top Rated Learning and Development Organization
Learning and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2016
AlliedBarton Security Services has been ranked among the top training companies in the world for over a decade. The use of learning management systems, classroom training and work site development programs are all high quality and professional programs.
Pros
Great educational opportunities for employees.
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement.
Established company with rewards for productivity
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 20, 2016
Supervise 8 to 10 security personnel. Ensure that weekly hours were met and kept for scheduling. Biweekly scheduled maintained and placed in effect. Ensure that all training for personnel was kept up to date. Discipline employees when required. Employee reviews completed on yearly basis and raises granted on level of achievements and work. Computer reports generated for manager. Insure that employees where customer friendly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Very rude management. Lack of leadership.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2016
Terrible company. Management at the NYC office is the worst. The men there are perverted. Wrong or WRONG, they will always make you feel as if you aren't doing an good enough job. Always hand you empty promises. No room for advancement. Avoid this company for your own good. They like to put you down, & always kick you while you are down there.
Cons
Management is no help. Love to look down on others.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location