AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 4,566 reviews matching the search
Steady Work Place
Security Guard, Boca Pointe (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton FloridaOctober 10, 2016
Working with Allied Barton Boca Pointe Security has been a great experience in learning how gate house security works. The Staff as well as Management have been nothing but good people towards me....As well as the others that have worked there. They treat you with respect, assist you with what ever you need within the work place as well as work around your schedule to see how it can fit you within your daily life. Each of the Supervisors I've worked with there, have never given me a problem, in fact they would praise you for how well you do you job, sometimes even bring you food or dub you employee of the month for your work. Aside from having a low pay which is unfortunate, the place is great. Great people, Great service and a Great work style... Of course this is my personal opinion though I do hope it works out for anyone else trying to get into a security position with Boca Pointe.
Pros
Great Management Staff
Cons
No Breaks unless you get relieved by supervisor or co-worker
A good second job
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 28, 2016
The company offers training for advancement but not advancement opportunities. There is no PTO and absences are only excused with a doctors note but they don't pay enough to afford their own health insurance. There's no set schedule for when a raise may be issued. The management sometimes lie to secure the cooperation of their employees. Example: I will seek a raise on your behalf in three months if these guidelines are met. The reality is that the funds for that account have already been allocated and not be available within the given time frame to secure a raise.

The management is willing to work with an employee to secure time off without pay when possible.
Pros
Set work shcedule, Appreciative management, Available online training
Cons
No breaks, No PTO, Limited path to advancement, No scheduled raises, Low pay, High stress
Run
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2016
Straight forward company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Allied Barton is a straight forward company. Apply, get called for an interview, and if you are qualified for the job, get hired. They provide great pay, uniform that is required for whatever site you work in, and respond fairly quick whenever any questions you have come up. When you're given set days and hours for work, they never change unless it's a holiday. You get a raise when you work for a year with them, and they make sure you have everything you need.

The only downside I had with them is that their transferring didn't come through for me. I was told specific steps on what to do when I was to transfer from the Bay Area to San Diego. But when the day for me to begin the process came, it was changed. I quickly ran out f time and could not continue my employment with them once I moved to San Diego.

But over all, they're a great company to work for.
Pros
Professional, punctual and helpful with great pay
Cons
Need to keep up to date with their transferring process to ensure you can still maintain employment
Warm Bodies
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 11, 2016
While I appreciate my job, overall this company, at lest at my location, is unconcerned with a job well done. They have multiple supervisors who all work the day shift, leaving less knowledgeable officers on their own on all other shifts. They have no pay raise system for good performance or cost of living. The same wage that I was hires with is the same that officers hired now are hired with and the wage itself is not completive one for this field. There is a dichotomy between several aspects of this job including the idea of upholding the rules and also having the management disregard the same rules for the sake of ease.
Security Daily Activity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 20, 2016
Organizing and keeping up with daily occurrences at the site.
Providing excellent customer service as needed to assist customers with first aid issue or simply providing directions. Perform foot patrol for the interior and exterior of the facilities and to maintain orderly sales environment while conducting proper observation to assist maintenance as need with any environmental or hazardous conditions that may raise precaution or increase risk while in the mall for customers, tenants and Universal client's alike. Helping increase interpersonal relations between mall tenants and its clients to assure all policies and procedures are carried out according to the client's performances. Ensure safety of the client and its tenant's as well as property and safety of customers while on property.
Pros
Customer Service, Holiday Sale
Cons
FIrst-Aid Response, Shoplifters
ABSS summary
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
Job requirements are site specific depending on client needs. Heavily reliant on customer service and customer relations.
Some sites are 24/7 positions so the hours vary and someone must be on post during the 24 hour day. In the management there have been various communication issues that have led to situations causing hardship on employees. Overall these issues tend to be resolved in an average amount of time. Many employees are ex-military so there is a similar background and therefore better cohesion among employees which creates a more efficient workplace.
Pros
Easy job, structured requirements
Cons
Benefits: healthcare, vacation, PTO, sick time etc.
Structured environment with serious attention to maintaining safe and secured premises.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2016
This is a security guard detail and the primary focus is to maintain watch over the post at all times. You are standing and always making sure that drivers entering the premises are following protocol and being cooperative. Management is always making sure the guard meets the expectation of the company reguarding a secured post. Sometimes the company's employee may be slow in showing cooperation with the security guard. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are following policies and procedures and seeing how smoothly things can flow.
Pros
Highly professional and responsible workforce
Cons
Would prefer a higher hourly salary. Some details impact the pay rate.
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 25, 2016
The person who offered me a job went back on every word he had given me in the interview. I was given the one shift I requested not to work. No chance for advancement, raises, etc. Management favorited employees based on gender and made false promises to keep employees from leaving the company. Schedules were changed almost daily. No respect between employees and management. No lunches, no breaks. Straight 8 hour shifts. No bathroom breaks unless someone who was signed off at the "post" relieved you.
Cons
management, scheduling, no room to grow
It's a weekly paycheck and nothing more
Armed Guard (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCOctober 14, 2016
You can work for this company for years and your salary can go up or down depending on where you are placed for a contract. In 6 years I have seen nobody move up internally except one of the managers sons. Everybody else is hired from outside the company for managers even though some people here have much more experience and education in the correct field of study.

Hours are random. OT is completely given out by choice not a fair rotation system. No training opportunities exist. Imagine giving guns to the idiots at a fast food place, thats what we have here.
Pros
people have zero respect for you
Cons
all day every day

Want to know more about AlliedBarton Security Services?

Ask a question
A good place to learn and then move on
Security officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2016
I have been with Allied Barton Security Services now known as Allied Universal since 2011. It's a good place to start get started or finish school but I wouldn't be focused on settling. I have a great attitude and I'm liked by my co-workers and the client at my site and I have the most knowledge of the work and tasks here then anybody else on my team. But still, the advancement has yet to come and I have been praised by my boss, co workers, VP of the client etc etc
Pros
works with your schedule
Cons
Not really advancement.
Good place to work, but not the best.
Security Officer Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2016
the company need a lot of help on how to treat their personnel. Even they offer tools to learn and succeed, that really don't count when a position open. Also some manager have 0 management skill or security skills. In some cases you don't see a single penny add to your salary, no matter how good employee you are.
Pros
they offer a lot of ways to improve the security skill need it.
Cons
no rise, you are constantly over look for a position. experience don't count to move up.
Not the best place to work Renton
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 25, 2016
Great place to work if you like overtime and getting treated like a machine. I believe that the company don't want to spend money on hiring new people to cover the shifts they need. The company is money hungry they open up new accounts when they don't have enough people to cover the accounts they have already. Forget about raises people work here for two plus years and nothing not even a quarter benefits not all that good. You have to work here a year to even get vacation if you get then. They call you on your days off to get you to come into work. Things are always changing from shift to shift then they expect you to know what's going on when they don't even tell you what's going on if I was looking for security work I would go somewhere else bottom line. You get paid lunches but it's a working lunch and forget about breaks.
Pros
None really lot of work
Cons
Lots of ot no home life no breaks and eat on the go
I love to work with everybody at the airport community
Airport Security Agent (Current Employee) –  La Guardia Airport, NYJune 18, 2016
I have been lucky till this point to work for the best companies of the world and AlliedBarton Security Service is not an exception. I see myself working for AlliedBarton till death because this company treats everyone with dignity and respect. Everyone has the opportunity to grow up in the company such as becoming a construction lead, operation assistant, or tour supervisor with a bigger salary. I love to work with management and with my coworkers because I see them as part of my family.Therefore, the hardest part of my job is living my job to go home. All in all, to serve people makes me very happy and sometimes it surprise that AlliedBarton is paying me for doing something that I really love doing.
Pros
I was allowed to open a retirement account and an American Airlines Federal Credit Union
Cons
I am only allowed to work 8 hours per day for a total of 40 hours in a week pay.
No growth for for potential next level positions
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 13, 2016
AlliedBarton does not necessarily offer a Job Work/Life Balance to assist individuals in maintaining a positive healthy appearance. While there are some Compensation/Benefits offered, they are not used to boost morale among the employees. Job security is steady but there are no positions for Advancement offered from within. Management is below average while not offering any leadership regarding coaching or mentoring. Job Culture has a negative aspect due to poor management.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Poor leadership, wages
Great Compensation, Convienient Locations, Good Benefits
Security Offcer (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 7, 2016
Productive work environment
Good environment to learn about work/life balance
Management is very attentive
Co workers offer great support and create a welcoming environment.
The hardest part of the job is adjusting to constant changes
The most enjoyable is the culture of learning and great co-workers
Pros
Compensation, Learning environment
Cons
Adjusting to the constant changes
What can be said?
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 25, 2016
It's great to gain experience if later wanting to jump into law enforcement or something but, I would have to say just the individuals who are in a supervisor position don't make professional and rational decision making. They make things personal which later effect a co-worker or those in a lower position.

Your typical day will consist of office door unlocks, vehicle unlocks or jump starts with occasional break-ins or thefts while left on property in the exterior parking lots.

Boeing employees range from nice to irritable depending on the individuals character which can make a task difficult than pleasing.

Hardest part of the job is gaining the respect and courtesy of being treated with seniority. Those that have been with the company longer than others should have first say or demands than those that haven't earned that right. Too much favoritism with the wrong people for the job.
Pros
Can get the overtime if you need it.
Cons
Benefits aren't spectacular by any means.
This company is a Joke
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work is opening the building and chekced the exteriors doors in the morning. About 0730 am the employees starting to come and you stand by the back door.

I have learned cause i'll already had the training at my last job that i'll work at and place the don't believe i advance you. The post you are expected to be there forever

Management is a joke, dones't care about their employees and always messing up on my check. It have been messed up about 16 time. Don't response you your texts or calls. Never keep there promised, but if you promised them something they hold you to it.

Hard part of the job is getting ahold of managent and the benefits are not good. Don't work with coworker at my shift. So i have no one that i'll don't relieve and no one relieve me.

Enjoyable part is the site im at and had the client treat me nice and the worker at the site are nice too. Place i'll don't have to worry about working on the weekened either. Plus i'll get the holidays off too
Pros
Clients and workers are nice
Cons
Benefits are not good managment is a joke no adavancement with this company and
Not a career, barely a professional job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 23, 2016
Some co workers are okay. Account manager definitely pics favorites. Benefits are a joke. Depending on site and account, can be very dangerous. The uniforms are pitiful. Do not ever bother trying to get a promotion. Once you start seeking that, management starts seeking a replacement for you.
Pros
None to think of
Cons
The Companies Management.
It pays the bills.
Security officer/shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 4, 2016
Very high turnover, but that comes with the job. Dont expect a pay raise, in the 2 and a half years I worked there as a supervisor and one of the most senior Security Guards there I never saw a dime in a raise. But we got all the overtime we wanted plus they really work with your schedule if you have kids which was a bonus. There were multiple incidents in which we started to feel unsafe at our site and our boss refused to arm us despite multiple requests (we just kept our guns in our work bags anyways). The majority of the time we didnt have functioning radios or CCTVs so communication was difficult. You get 5 days paid vacation after a year and 10 days after 3 years. You wont get rich doing this kind of work but it pays the bills and there is some room for advancement.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, Paid vacation days, Flexible hours, Lots of overtime if requested.
Cons
High turnover, under equipped

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location