AlliedBarton Security Services
3,017 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Decent but not the greatest
Security officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: Union and flexible schedule
Cons: No room for advancement
This is my first security job. The experience itself has been eye opening. It is extremely political when it comes to advancement. I have completed and excelled in each of the aspects of my job and I am seen as the best officer on site. Even with this being the case, I am not considered for higher positions when they open. Management is extremely lax and does a terrible job when it comes to maintaining a level competency at the site.
fun to be at work with all people from different department.
Security guard (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: y
its always a great feeling to be at work. I learnt how to talk and behave towards people in a good manner. Nevertheless the company is being run by responsible and energetic individual. My co works are the best.
Good work enviroment, depending on clients
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, good staff
Cons: Working Holidays, not very many people to cover shifts.
I work at the Delaware Art Museum, the client is proactive with the security officers. The main office for Allied does their jobs as best as possible. There is support there when needed.
it was cool and there was alout of hours to get. but the money was not the best but overall it was ok.
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: you meet a lot of nice people
Cons: pay isnt to great
the people that I met were cool and easy going. I was good at what I do so they liked me a lot. I noticed that the people at the sites that I worked for were cool especially when you do your job well. they like that and when holidays came they showed your their thanks and I appreciated them for that.
Awesome!!!!!
Dispatcher/Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2015
What more can I say. The job can make yor feel like the work is getting done correctly. Stay on top of yor work though because safety is needed from you to others and you have to be alert.
Security Officer
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Augusta, GaMay 26, 2015
Pros: meeting the people.
Making sure all officers were onsite, assigning badges to visitors, working with the clients to assure that all officers were trained in log writing and assuring all were in the right uniforms.
Horrible Managment SKills
Security Personell (Current Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Always have job security
Cons: NO ADVANCEMENT
Seems like anyone can get hired.... So people who are thriving to better themselves and move up in a company, good luck!! It truly seems as if employees have to not know what they are doing or be removed from a site due to not following rules (such as stealing) in order to get a promotion. Seems backwards to me.
Needs better Management in certain areas
Security Officer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 24, 2015
Needs better Management in certain areas but overall great company to work for. I've had better days with this company Some sites needs more improvement wit the managers and supervisors.
good job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2015
its a good place to work at great site i work at most nights not a lot of problems great co workers working 3rd sift can be hard at times
about security
Security Guard (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
securing the building and walking around checkin penn cards , I have learned to have good manner skills and stay focused at all times
alright job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: 10.35 an hour
Cons: bad health insurance
the healthcare plan in place for allied barton is very very very bad. copay is high. hours get cut during the summer and winter breaks
nice
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 22, 2015
Watch the CCTV monitors and patrolled the building and made sure everything was safe for the employer. I once stopped kids from skateboarding on the stair next to the building. Helped one of the cleaning ladies out the elevator cause she was stuck on one of the floor.
not enough hours to work
Master Sargent (Former Employee), dunbar WVMay 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: uniform
liked the job enjoy being a Security Guard but pay is not enough to support a family and the hours were short so I had to do something else to support my family love the job though
Decent workplace good training
Security Officer (Current Employee), Shelton, CTMay 21, 2015
working for Allied Barton is good because it can be challenging yet it is rewarding at the same time. The hardest part of my job is dealing with tenants that do not want to comply with site specific rules. The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is a variety different jobsites so things are constantly different
Great place to grow and gain experience before you move up in the law enforcement field
Armed Special Police Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
Allied Barton is a great company. Great people in leadership who treat you like family. Gained a great deal of knowledge and had great expediences with fellow officers. Hardest part about this company is leaving them.
awesome company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2015
nice place to work, there is nothing else to tell. The job is great, the pay is okay & the co workers are great . Nice place to work . Nice place to work. Nice place to work
Entry Level Training
Weekend Supervisor (Current Employee), Queens, New YorkMay 20, 2015
Pros: discount shopping
Cons: short breaks
Allied Barton provides free online classes to improve skills and provides free handcuff, pepper spray,CPR and first aid.
horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: horrible
Hours were to long. no support from human resoucres or managment regarding employee concerns. typical day was like leaving in prison.
It's a great start in the field of security officer.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part working with Allied Barton its diversity of company's and people that you work with and surroundings.
Get treated like dirt
Operator (Current Employee), Lexis Nexis Miamisburg OhioMay 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Underpaid, Boss is very vocal about his favorites
A typical day of work consists of doing a badge report, signing out badges, responding to alarms, perimeter checks,and escorts if necessary. I have learned that some companies really do not care about you or your livelihood. The management here rules with a dictatorship like style. The hardest part of this job is having a smile on my face. The most enjoyable part of this job is the interaction with the Lexis Nexis employees and the guests coming in.

1 2 3 4 5

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Salaries