AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

No future and a dead end.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
No future no money no happy ending. don't even think of doing what I did. moment you turn around they shove a rusty blade in your back and take your money. and blame you for the problems.. a bunch of fat African American ladys that control every thing. cant even eat lunch the fat cows eat your food when your not looking. Lied about my pay and pay rase.
Pros
Wast of time
Cons
Depressed. low self asteam. broke. no Job. and embarrased i work there
review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 30, 2017
Allied Barton now Allied Universal is a great place to wrk, The only drawbacke is a lack f ability to rehire when they lose a contract They were a very god company to work for,
Horrible Work Experience
Per. Security Spec. Operations Center Sup. (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 29, 2017
Work ethic and security support is non-existent. Management does not support and help out their officers and they don't keep their word. They are very unorganized.
Summer time you can make alot of money
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  various sites in Las Vegastypical dayNovember 28, 2017
Typical day could be really boring, i usually work nights. Management, what can i say theres good and bad i dealt with them both. Definitely the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry, and drunk guests couldnt tell you how many times i was threatened by 1 or more people. Best time of the day...taking off the work shoes.
Company was very good except the site manager of the contract company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2017
The site manager that AlliedBarton contracted was very hard to work with. It seemed he was constantly searching for what we would do wrong without any reason. He would tell all our supervisors to write on us what we did wrong even there was nothing needed to be written about.
Well structured company
Allied Barton Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 28, 2017
Its a good company to work for but you have to stick around! Most people who have had a bad experience worked for a short time and expected massive promotions and changes. Security is a high turn over industry, no one in their right mind is offering bennies to new hires. Put in the time, the opportunities are there
Pros
decent pay, lots of hours
Cons
calling off
productive and fun place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
busy day
learn to grow further with the company
workplace culture was diverse fun place to interact
the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and the coworkers
I like driving around the lake .
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2017
I like working and meeting new people all the time. And working at the plant I meant new and old friends. The hardest part was trying not to get run over when the worker left to go home.
Pros
We eat in our working truck when we have to check the lake.
Cons
Didn't a special time for brakes.
Not a great place to work
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 27, 2017
Your training consists of reading for 8 hours. The trainer at that time, would show you how to do the job 1 time and expects you not to make a mistake there after. Management never addressed the issues in regards to harassment, and other issues.
Pros
Cons
no management to work with
locations
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 27, 2017
I was first hired to work a strip mall keeping school children from in front of stores with bicycles and skate boards. The parents dropped them off and picked them up in the parking lot of this mall. I then transferred to a gated community and found that the conditions were not to my liking
Pros
pay was good
Cons
had to put up with middle school children and the super at the gated community would not help out
Was on-site manager for a client and was commended for my services by many employees of the client.
On-site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 25, 2017
Management support was very accommodating when office supplies or additional equipment was required. Supervisors and managers were given run of the contracts as long as they did not step outside the guidelines setup by Allied-Barton.
Pros
Good breaks, and excellent staffing when needed, even when extra personnel were required.
Cons
Lack of understanding of uniform discipline.
Securtiy Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2017
I left Allied Barton because they did not have any opportunities for career advancement. I left because I also began wanting work in transportation and more pay.
Pros
The environment was more slow-paced than not.
Cons
The schedule was too inconsistent, the pay was too low, and there was always a cut on breaks.
Good to work for if U get treated Right by a respected Supervisor
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  151 Sutter st. San Francisco , CaNovember 23, 2017
The manager at this Company didn't have RESPECT for IT'S hard working workers , they didn't PAY me the SAME RATE of PAY that Everyone ELSE WAS MAKING DOING THE SAME JOB AND I WAS THE OLDEST WORKER THERE IN AGE and doing the Most WORK .I was there before some of the other WORKER came also.
Pros
Get good job sites
Cons
Nice Rates of Pay
Don't work here.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 23, 2017
If you work security, there are a lot more places that are better and pay more than Allied. I have no positives except they did pay me. not well. but it was money.
Stable
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Spring Ridge, PANovember 23, 2017
This job was very stable and convenient. My cite was very low key and it lack job advancement opportunity. The company had flexible work hours and allowed you to study during work.
Pros
health insurnace, over time
Great Networking
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2017
Met a lot of people who introduced me to wonderful people. These people help mold me and prepare me for the business world, I wanted to be in. They mentored and guided me.
Pros
Mentorships
Cons
Short time working there
Very produactive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 22, 2017
I have learned how to provide security and safety for company. The management was excellent. The workplace culture was wary encouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job ware the people, who worked there.
Cons
exellent health care
Great job , Laid Back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 22, 2017
This is a great job for people who like doing security work but not really being in the direct front. this job pays well give decent benefits and even also overtime
Security Officer
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2017
Wages Salary to low in pay, Learned all areas in security good relation with mangers nothing hard about the job good team work with co-worker and mangerment.
Security Gueard
Security Guard Rover (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 20, 2017
Walk the building and sign in and out guests daily
Escort guests to location in building
Communicate with tenants in the building
Perform scheduled and random checks of designated areas throughout the facility to check for any security breaches
Utilize the company’s guest policies to issue guest passes and make sure that each guest is accompanied by an employee before entering the facility
Assist the maintenance staff in securing an area during a maintenance emergency
Collaborate with other members of the corporate security team to ensure that the facility is safe at all times
Maintain a professional and effective relationship with the local police and fire departments