AlliedBarton Security Services
2,723 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

ok place to work
Security officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: no breaks over worked
If your looking for a place to get experience allied barton can help you out. work consist of checking personal entering property. Management doesn't help you when you have a problem or need to change shifts. working with the right people can make your day go by fast. hardest part of job is working with people who dont like to work and make your shift hard for you. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people and having fun talking with them.
A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT
Security officer (Former Employee), ATLANTA GA.February 17, 2015
great work environment, a place you had great equipment and management team. the company also invited in training programs and provided the officer study equipment to help become better officers
Just a paycheck
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Coworkers can be nice, but the company does not take care of you. They do more for the clients at the leisure of the employees.
Not the Typical Job
(Security Officer) (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 17, 2015
Your liable to get stuck at work to hold over for another 4-8 hours if your relief calls out. After you have already worked 8 or 10 of your own hours.
Busy/Emotional Healthcare Enviroment
OUT DOOR PATROL OFFICER UNIT (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: freedom, bike riding, meeting people
Cons: short breaks, boring overnights, dealing with vagrants
Most days at work would be very slow due to the fact I work overnight. I deal with strangers, visitors, and patients of all types that eventually made me adapt to it. A rough day at work for most people would be something like, dealing with a supervisor they don't get along with. For me, it would be more like, seeing trauma patients being rushed into the ER. So, that was pretty tough and took a while of getting used to. I don't really enjoy the supervision in my department too much because I feel that they're too strict over the smallest of situations. Our breaks aren't long enough and most choices to eat lunch at night are closed. What I do like about it is that my position gives me more freedom away from all the drama.
Great job if you have no desire to advance within this company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: monday - friday schedule
Cons: lots of overtime weekends, not allowed days off if needed, and company tried to cut hours to avoid overtime pay.
I would arrive at the facility at 1:30 in the afternoon Monday - Friday. Once inside the facility I would relieve the morning security officer. Then I would make my first round inside and outside the facility and fill out a log sheet. Every hour on the hour I would make a security check like the first. I would control access inside the facility and also safe guard the aircraft and it's crew. At 10:00pm I would lock up the facility and call the security operations center to let them know I was leaving.
a good place to start for security
Security Guard (Current Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 17, 2015
checking i.d badges in and out facility.
watch for theft, check boxes from all employees.
you learn to pay attention to detail.
co-workers are friendly.
hardest part of the job is you have to adjust to people and there situations.
i worked different places and met a lot of good people
Training tools
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: learning to secure a property of such a huge size...
Cons: trying to keep the problems from the area off the campus and away from the students...
On the job training and other tools are always on hand to further all your work experience and make you a better Security Officer...
Great Company
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Awesome company to work for loved the ease of getting to and from the job sites and the pay is very reasonable lots of advancement if you want it,benefits available for those who want it,sites are very easy and not stressful.
A work in progress last I worked there but definitely in progress, this is the best Security company I've worked for so far,
Drop Shift Lieutenant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MD Johns Hopkins Homewood CampusFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: oft-times plenty of work if you're dedicated.
Cons: sometimes a lack of consideration for the workers.
As I've stated above this is the best Security company I've worked for so far. As far as what it is willing to do for the client. I appreciated the experience that I had with this company it taught an awful lot about the business world in general. I would definitely recommend it for a person who is hard-working, dedicated and willing to work. You definitely have to be willing to work for the client.
fun workplace
FLOATING SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Management was great
learned a lot working here
The assignment ended and they had no more work for me
I wanted to be permanent no site was available at that time
Enjoyed providing total quality customer service
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Kenilworth, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks
Great supervisors, fun place to work for, alot of opportunities to work extra hours and make money. I learned how to be a very good security officer.
I did not like working for this company
Security officer (Former Employee), Murrels Inlet scFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: was paid every two weeks
Cons: no real breaks no where to take a break at. was not allowed in office to do paper work
I was mistreated and had no one to tell this to no contacts to keep in touch with. Was treated like a second rate citizen. I would never work for this company again, They lie to you they make you pay a depoist for your uniforms then when you leave they dont want to give you your depoist back, The officer were not allowed in the office to complete paper work. Had no where to take a break. Unless you sat in your car.
seasonal
security (Former Employee), Jeffersonville inFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: lunch was catered alot
Cons: rude amazon employees
Screened employees entering and exiting Amazon facility
•Ensured product that arrives on company trucks matches paperwork supplied by company
•Maintained and supplied paperwork in a timely manner to owner.
Dispatched/ Patrolled
Security Guard and Dispatcher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2015
When I was patrolling it was to see if everyone on the busses that ran on the strip had a pass. If I was not doing that then I was at the assigned station in the hit sun for 8 hours helping people. Then I went to dispatching where I worked on the computer and watched the CCTV system.
I worked as Security Offiver
assigned officer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: i able to help people.
Cons: their are no cons
I worked as a Security Officer. I checked IDs and wrote out visitor passes. I protected property and quality of life issues. I worked at a desk as well as foot patrols.
very unorganized
Security Officer (Former Employee), Billerica, MAFebruary 13, 2015
they pay fairly well but are extremely unorganized. everything they do barely gets by and they are extremely understaffed.
good training
Security officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FL Gainesville,FloridaFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: no benefits
Allied Barton had a very good computer based training program.While I was there we had trouble keeping managers.It was very difficult to get a day off due to the home office being so far away.
Contract Security for various lines of business
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: ample opportunty for overtime
Cons: very low pay for profession
I was initially hired as a part time Security officer but in the two years Iworked for them, I was promoted three times, worked at four different positions and only had to leave due to a contract change with the client.
Great company to work for
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great management, free classes online to improve work experience
Cons: nothing much really, just needs to find more armed posts.
I have been with Allied Barton for about 2 years, and I must say that I truly have enjoyed working for this company as an armed officer. The management is great, and are very respectable.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos