AlliedBarton Security Services
2,536 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Good starter job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2014
AlliedBarton Security Services combines the right people, specialized training and the latest technology to provide exceptional security services and responsive support for clients of any size, in any business sector.

Providing you with the right security services answer means asking the right questions, listening to your needs and then tailoring a – more... solution that gives you peace of mind now and in the future. You won’t get just ANY answer— you’ll get the RIGHT answer. The AlliedBarton Answer.

Your program starts with local managers who anchor a team of well-trained security officers that monitors and patrols your facilities using the most effective methods and technologies. Continuous reporting and evaluation of security program effectiveness helps manage and guide your solution to deliver results and provide service enhancements when needed. – less
Okay, if you need a side job.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: on the clock lunch
Cons: no raises
A typical day can consist of watching over major machines. I have learned to adapt to different surroundings. My coworkers are helpful. Some management are not understanding to certain circumstances that you cannot do anything about. They tend to forget you have a life other than the with company. They write you up for uncontrollable reasons and situations. – more... The hardest part of the job is knowing that you will never advance, and there are no raises at all. You don't make much at all. you cannot live off of the pay, unless you get a second job.The best part is they will hire you. – less
Horrible management poor polices and even poorer work ethic
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks
Cons: everything else
A typical day at work consisted of, surveying your post, keeping up to date records of personnel in and out of facility as well as vehicles both Oshkosh inc vehicles and third party vehicles such as vendors and employees. Along with all other duties that correspond with that of a typical security officer.
One of the most important things i learned in – more... my time with Allied Barton is the OSK software used to input all data regarding the make model destination and status of vehicles within my responsibility although this system was quite simple it did entail numerous variables and either of which entered incorrectly would fail the system. i also extended some of my knowledge on the tools used in a industrial setting by spending lots of time not only outside the facility but inside as well learning more upon the various tools used since i was accountable for them.
Management within the ranks however was horrendous instead of leading by examples they frequently broke rules and policies while expecting you to uphold them destroying our bearing with the Oshkosh employees further more none wanted to accept the responsibility of their ill conceived plans or actions when they bore no fruit and the solution become more of point the finger and assert blame or just ignore the problem all together. ex at our quarterly meetings instead of addressing the problems at hand our management would goof off with irrelevant slide shows lax attitudes about the situation or divert entirely.
most of my co workers were complacent due to management we never got to really interact with one another due to the fact that we each worked alone during shifts. other than at the beginning or end of your shift.
Hardest part of job was by far dealing with the poor policies and management in place everything else was a breeze.
the most enjoyable part of my day there was leaving. – less
A decent job for those new to security.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2014
While advancement comes from within, the opportunities are limited.
When you begin as a security officer you are thoroughly trained and given a position that is easily mastered.
Work may seem repetitive and low key, but you are supported by the administration.
Good Job!
Master Security Officer/Trainer/Site Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2014
Good Job! Great People. This was my first security job in my related field of study. I was afforded the opportunity to attend college while working for this company. This job provided the availability and flexibility for me to study and move forward in my possible Criminal Justice career. I gained real experience for my future, learned a lot from myself, – more... co-workers, management and our clients. – less
Great Job
Security Manager (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJDecember 11, 2014
Pros: uniform
Cons: long shifts
This company has a great opportunity for veterans and has a great pay. I enjoyed my time here and would recommend this company to any veteran looking for a job.
I loved my time there and dealing with the public.
Roving Security Guard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2014
Pros: dealing with the public
This was by far one of the best jobs I ever had. I was in a position to help others and protect our clients from theft, fire and danger.
Excellent Branding
District Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 8, 2014
Pros: district team
Cons: corporate structure at the top!
World Class Organization for the Florida Region.
Excellent leadership by the VP/GM of Florida.
Allied Barton
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2014
Allied Barton is a security work place and you can be a rover or a permanent position, full time or part time.
post to post quality differs
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2014
depending on what post you get depends on how good the company treats you
Not allowing others' problems interfere with my work.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJDecember 3, 2014
Pros: receiving 30-minute breaks.
Cons: tired of seeing people causing trouble in the workplace.
I had to do multi-interacting with both people's from the general public and co-workers' problems.
Not a good company to work for.
FOOT PATROL & BUILDING CONCIERGE OFFICER (Current Employee), Overland Park, KansasDecember 2, 2014
Pros: easy work to do.
Cons: horrible managment, employee treatment is very sub-par, low pay
Made promises in the in the interview that were a down right lie about promotions and salary raises. Horrible management with some racist employees as well. 75% attrittion rate.
Good job environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
it was a good chill day at work. Easy going. Same routine everyday made it easy to learn what you had to do. It was good job security as well with a friendly atmoshphere. It was a good work schedule and good shift times as well. The people were good to work with and the day went by pretty well.
security officer (Former Employee), hanover, paDecember 1, 2014
Overall Decent place to work, good co workers and management...............................................................................................
Provide security for assigned property
3rd Shift Supervisor of Security (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: working with people everyday
Cons: compensation
Transport personnel, documents, or other items. Ensure safety of visitors and employees. Report any significant issues or job related objectives. Routine property patrols. Deescalated situations involving patients, visitors or employees. Always conducts responsibilities in an professional manner. Makes sure all security officers documentation is up – more... to date. Helping anyone that needs assistance. – less
great work place
Day patrol, trainer/site supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa AZNovember 30, 2014
they days were brought with much personal, and employment achievements, co workers were great, and management gave me much room to run things and tough when needed
Review Process
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Dulles, VANovember 30, 2014
Pros: built in lunch
Cons: management doesn't follow up
I was in a 30 Evaluation, after my evaluation was up, I was never give an overall review of where my results ended up.

3 weeks later, I was removed from the contract I was on due to my Evaluation was not high enough and where I should have been.

This is not fair, why wasn't I give then review after my evaluation?
Great enviorment and work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Valencia, CANovember 29, 2014
Allied Barton is a great security company to work for, you will learn a lot dealing with different individuals from all over, and different ethnicity every day. You will learn how to compromise and deal with different people actions.
Fun Job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: advancement did not to be anyone's concern but mine
Fun job little of Security knowledge Required. Fire safety and good boots a must for all of the foot patrols.
enjoyed working with associated and fellow workers.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Orange, CANovember 28, 2014
I had to leave because of co workers and managment
not being honest. and not following company code of ethics.
Other than that It was a very nice place to work
I got along very well with all the associates in the building
and previous workers. except for new managment..
I enjoyed my work, and did a honest day of work
and enjoyed making patrols of site.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos