AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Working with Allied Barton
Security Guard (Current Employee), Vanadium, NMAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience
Cons: Shift work
Great work environment, and people to work with. Management is very sufficient with rules. Get to meet some great people working there. Learning to transition from days to graveyard.
Productive and fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 21, 2015
People was nice not busy enough. Read a lot of books greet employers they was very sweet. Co worker we all work as a team. hardest part was sitting there for hours not doing anything.
A decent job, but...
Unarmed Security (Former Employee), Pontiac, ILAugust 21, 2015
Honestly my time with Allied Barton was riddled with problems. Inconsistent pay, disgruntled workforce, unpayed overtime and dismissed workman's comp claims. The job itself was fine. The company was not trust worthy.
I enjoyed interacting with all of the staff
Security Guard (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know people
Productive, Understanding, Horrible Leadership, Great room for growth
Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Quite, Work at own pace
Cons: Short breaks, slow days, long hours
Can have weird hours, lack of health benefits. Low pay, also no way to get lunch during shift half to being your own or get delivery.
SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAAugust 20, 2015
I WORKED IN A CONCESSION STAND AT THE DIFFERENT SPORTING EVENTS AT THE OAKLAND COLISEUM. I WORKED SOCCER GAMES, FOOTBALL GAMES, CONCERTS AND BASEBALL GAMES.
Decent work
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: They had free coffee in the lunch room.
Cons: I was making $7.30 an hour, so I decide to apply at the job starting at 9.25 an hour.
I arrived at the site. Called in to the supervisor to report in for duty. Patrolled around the site once an hour. I sat at the desk and turned on the monitor and watched the screen as the cameras scan the site. I call the police when I see an illegal act occur.
Lack of Communication and False Promises
Accounting Shared Services Specialist (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAAugust 19, 2015
AlliedBarton stresses in the interviews that they encourage promoting from within, but you soon see that the promoting doesn't always have to do with how hard the person works or how well they are at their position, but who is the favorite for reasons other than their knowledge and work ethics. Also, there is always something fishy going on behind the scenes with upper management and you always have to feel like you need to watch your back no matter how good of a job you do because they are never 100% open with any news or future changes.
ITS OKAY
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), MANHATTANAugust 19, 2015
IT WAS OKAY TO WORK FOR THEM BUT A LITTLE UNPROFESSIONAL. THEY GAVE U THE HOURS THEY JUST DONT LIKE TO PAY U ON TIME. I WORKED THE MIDNIGHT SHIFT.
I LEARNED THAT U HAVE TO COVER UR OWN BACK AT ALL TIMES
MANAGEMENT HAS A LACK OF COMMUNITCATION WITH THERE WORKERS
MY CO-WORKERS MADE LIFE ON THE JOB VERY EASY FOR ME, I GOT ALONG WITH ALL OF THEM
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOBS WAS THAT MY SUPWRVISOR WAULD TAKE THE WORK OF THE CLIENT OF HIS GUARDS
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS THAT IT WAS IMPROVEMENT N THAT I COULD MOVE UP TWITH IN THE COMPANY
Productive and safe workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 18, 2015
Allied Barton is a good company to work for with good people, management and workplaces. The experience you have with them is superb.
Its Ok.
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Meet new people
Cons: Dont have good benefits, and some sites have lazy workers.
You get to meet a lot of new people they are very friendly and supportive at some places you work. Have a lot of nice sites to work at.
Its a Job
Security Officer /Site Supervisor (Current Employee), FT Worth TexasAugust 18, 2015
It is a Job. thats about all i can say. Depends on who your client is and who your account manager is on how good of a job this is
Great people to work around
Health Care Security (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work and learn new things. The people are amazing to work with and around. A typical day at work would consist of me cleaning my area, making sure everything is working and gretting customers.
Not too bad of a comapny
Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2015
Corporate was fine, it was the local management that was lacking. No loyalty shown to long term employees who put in an honest days work.
STAFF GOOD TO WORK WITH
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), TEMPE,AZAugust 17, 2015
THE DAY IS VERY PLEASANT & SATISFYING TO BE AROUND SUCH GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH & THE COOPERATION OF THE CLIENT & THEIR STAFF. MAKES YOU APPRECIATE YOUR SURROUNDINGS.
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches through the hospital, great benefits
Cons: nothing
working with people of all different avenues, as well as working in challenging situations when it comes to combative and uncooperative patients
it is a wonderful place to work diversity great enviorment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: great people atmosphere and enviorment
Cons: n\a
my day consist of access control badging and patrolling the floor checking the doors for flaws and unlocks management is awesome very attentive to employee needs hardest part of my job is none existent I enjoy the experience it gives me people I get to meet
Job is okay, but time to move on!
Sercurity Personnel (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2015
I do various duties at my job site on a daily basis. I can greet visitors and staff, take phone calls, patrol the building, accept mail coming in, and other stuff throughout the day. In the beginning the atmosphere was good, but 8 years later not so much. Working with my coworkers is what keeps me going day to day. Im ready for challenge, so I am ready to leave.
the site where i'm placed have wonderful people to work for.
LEAD OFFICER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2015
strong employment but no room for advancement. Benefits not great need something with strong benefits for the family.
Steady pace security based setting
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calvert, ALAugust 14, 2015
Always have to be on alert. Coworkers are willing to work with you. I has able to adjust to my shift very easily. I loved being a security guard.