AlliedBarton Security Services
2,157 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Great Employer
Security Specialist/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2014
Great place to work and grow,staff and Management are always willing to work with you.
Excellent place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COJuly 12, 2014
Very structured in what needs to be done and by what time of the day. The feel is layed back at the site I work at and all of the people I work with for the most part are on the same page.
Bad mangement
Security Assistant (Current Employee), washington dcJuly 11, 2014
To much to explain. Nor receiving enough hours, being hounded by Lt's
A Day at Allied Barton
Security Officer (Current Employee), West Chester, PAJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at Allied Barton includes being on time of course, coming in getting your area ready for work. Check all the cameras and the VCRs and talk to the person you are relieving so you can get the information on what happened throughout the day. Being at Allied Barton has taught me a lot. I have learned how to properly handle procedures dealing – more... with medical, fire, and burglary. My co-workers are great, easy going, and get along great. You can always count on them to be there or deliver when you really need them. The hardest part of my job is remembering everyones name and walking around the building to do your walkthroughs. Exactly not hard at all, but the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the different people. – less
Goof troops on patrol
Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: pros would be it being a job
Cons: cons would be contracts that were cancelled
*A typical day at work was interacting with public, clients and co-workers.
*I learned that anyone can get a job in security however few can uphold the standards of what the clients are seeking.
*Management wasn't all that involved, so there's not much I can say about them.
*Co-workers were just people looking for a job as I, however few took pride – more... in appearance and how to uphold standards.
*Hardest part of the job was boredom
*Enjoyable part was helping people feel a sense of security. – less
good place to be hired
Security Officer/Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2014
wasnt happy about how they do vacation time
leaned new skills
best part of the job was pay
its ok
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
doesn't pay you good money

gives you horrible work hours from the beginning
Decent place to work not somewhere you would want to make it your career.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits and 401k
Cons: no raises or advancements
It's an okay place to work but there is absolutely no room for advancement. Since you are assigned to contracts you get no raises and your pay remains the same. Great benefits though.
Security Officer Various Locations
Security Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 7, 2014
Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies; respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings. Detected suspicious activities and watched for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, – more... client or employees at the site. – less
Ok company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 6, 2014
Great company, needs more work hours. Would recommend for students.
Okay place to work
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: never sure when or where you will work
Good company, the management team could use some work. Starts off with good experience and how the officers are treated and after a few months it all changes.
pay not good
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: pay is not good at all
I learned at lot with working with this company like how to Apprehended violators. Record data, such as property damage, usually occurrences the malfunctioning of machinery and equipment. Watch for and reported irregularities, Such as fires, water leaks and security Doors left unlocked. Permit authorized persons to enter property. Respond for Sounding – more... alarms and call police and fire department in case of fire and presence of unauthorized persons. – less
fun
Security Guard (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 4, 2014
It's a great place to obtain experience in a Criminal Justice setting. Its fast paced.
Great Opportunity
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2014
I was hired on quickly. The work week is pretty typical and routine. The people at my site are friendly and are eager to know you. The hours I work are great for me as a full time student.
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: less than adequate pay
I am a shift supervisor for a security service at MSP in Bloomington as I work extensively for the safety and security of property and personel of Delta Airlines. I am in charge of a dozen officers, making sure they are trained well and know their duties.
I am a veteran of the US Marine Corps and have over 20 years of experience working with high risk – more... aggressive teenage males in corrections.
I am certified in CPR, first aid, Crisis Intervention and med distribution as well as a security clearance for areas such as airport tarmac and hangars. – less
Management staff making strides in change.
Dispatcher/Security Officer (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 3, 2014
Pros: friendly working environment
Cons: bennifits leave something to be desired
Alot of the current employees were grandfathered into this crew when Allied Barton took over Security. I have never worked for "Contract Security" before and im not much of a fan. While all the corporate employees sit in a nice officer enjoying the true bennifits of this company, we the working force that actually generates the money to pay their salaries – more... deal with costly medical and a handful of paid holidays, with no sick time to speak of and little room for advancement.
Management at the site are making strides for change but its a slow road. Co-workers for the most park are pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of the job is performing the most meaningless tasks that the client can come up with that truly have nothing to do with this job and because our contract is coming up we put up with it.
The most enjoyable part of this job believe it or not is dealing with the public and though it can be a pain at times for the most part people are in a good mood.

Hope this helps in some way. – less
long days / no respect
Security Officer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2014
A typical day of Security depends on the site that your assigned to and it's policies and procedures that the client has implemented.
at first this job was good then it went down hill.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: got to drive the company truck doing rounds
Cons: the company stole over $1000.00 from my pay
sat at a guard shack checking employees for ID's as they came in to work and looked at lunch boxes as they left the plant. Then I got the job as rover, very part of the job. Never sign anything other then your daily report. Co-workers were very good, never a dull moment.The hardest part of the job was putting up with the meaningless out put from the – more... head office in Oshkosh and working the Black Fridays and not getting the right pay for working for another company. The best part of the job was working as a rover. – less
Good workplace with alot of interaction with people
Securtiy Officer (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 2, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: bad benifits
Review security cameras, and document guests with escorting to the proper client area.
Great work environment
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Carson, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: employee recognition, higher pay than most companies and excellent training program
Allied-Barton is one of those rare security companies that work to show its employees that they are appreciated for their dedication and service.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos