AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,620 reviews matching the search
Take care of the people do good
trying to get a job (Former Employee) –  Clarkesville, GAJanuary 29, 2016
It be nice if your guard that work like me , but you let the best get a way I do not work at this time , I hope I get to I be good for this company I hope they can see this , try me you may like me ,
Pros
be a best company
Cons
Not be the best company
Management make their own rules
Security Officer- Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 28, 2016
mangers yell and berate you, some physical threats, nothing is ever done about it when reported.
no breaks, expected to work overtime without notice
Pros
none at all
Cons
managers are treat employees horrible
security observe and report
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
This company is really cool and chill and laid back to work for all you do is get set up at a post location and observe and report any situation out of the ordinary
Productive Organization
Securitty Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Fortune 5 Contract Security Provider. Provides a positive and productive work atmosphere. Great company to work for. Several advancement opportunities,
Good company to work for.
Security Guard/Patrol Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 28, 2016
My typical days at work were good, had great people to work with.
I learned many new security programs and new access steps for different sites as well as working in GSOC settings.
I enjoyed working there.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Work is very tedious pretty much the same routine every day, I was promoted 3 times in 2 years.
Need to work overtime to make ends meet, once you are salaried it gets better however need to work long hours to complete your responsibilities, if the Company looses a contract you loose your position until a new position is available.
Pros
Good growth potential.
Cons
Poor job security.
Hard but rewarding work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJanuary 27, 2016
It was a hard but rewarding workplace. Was given options of post 1 out 3. Was given training on all post. Thorough training, easily understood
Pros
Easy, friendly gruop to work with
Cons
Distant from residences
Allied Barton
Patrol Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Allied Barton was a good place to work. I enjoyed the positions I had while at Allied Barton. the people I worked with were very accepting and always willing to answer questions and help with problems or issues.
productive work environment
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2016
enjoyed meeting and working with new people everyday enjoyed working around the students and being able to prove the services the client needed
Horrible management and work ethic
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Backwards company that did not understand how to treat its employees starting at the upper levels of management. Poor communication skills throughout company.
productive work place room for advancement
Security Officer/Console Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Allied it was a great experience this allowed me to understand what it is to protect deter report.
Pros
uniforms were given
Cons
N/A
Security
ok (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2016
Secure All areas,check id, bike patrol- rode bike around hospital,learned how to deescalate situations, management is good hate that if ya relief call out and they cannot find someone to cover you, you have to stay
Never again!
security officer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 22, 2016
I used to always want to work for AlliedBarton and when I got hired I was thrilled. BUT, all of that came to a sudden halt. Management only care about their bonuses and paychecks. They do not treat you with the respect you deserve unless you lick boots.

The Broward County office in Florida is a prime example of that. They are nice to you until you put that uniform on, then it's "Suckerrrrr".

They are NOT as high in ranking as they probably bought their way into.
Pros
Nope
Cons
Long hours, sometimes with no end in sight.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 22, 2016
There was no set parameters in place to discipline the excessive tardiness of other co-workers. Nor was there any SOP's that allowed you to cover yourself in case a contract was taken over by a new Program Manager. Poor job retention with change of hands.
Not a good work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJanuary 21, 2016
not a good place to work a very stressful environment and they do not trust you to work alone . And do not get sick or they will fire you even if you call off in proper time
working for Alliedbaron
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 21, 2016
The job was really good. Putting years of work without getting a raise was the down fall. It is a contract company that didnt have to give raises.
Pros
the job was great
Cons
No raises
Good people to work with, very laid-back
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chalfont, PAJanuary 21, 2016
An overall very relaxed environment, depending on where you are stationed at there's not much activity, which is a good thing, there shouldn't be a lot of bad people roaming around, right? I have the fortune of having a very lax supervisor, he allows me to do my homework during times of low activity and talks to you as if you were a friend he's known for years. This job isn't hard, there isn't much challenge in it so I wouldn't make it a life goal or career. It's a good job for a college student thats available for odd hours, or if you just need another part time job they are quite flexible with your schedule.
Pros
A lot of free time
Cons
A lot of free time
Be prepared to find a new job
RTD Transit Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2016
I worked for the RTD account in Denver for one year. During that time, I was placed in the worst assignment dealing with the worst and most dangerous people on Colfax. I was denied a transfer each time I put in for one, no reason ever given. Knowing management does not have your back made me not want to try at all. No matter your background, which its mainly filled with old MP's from the military who think they are still awesome, you wont get ahead working here. There are no positives that came from here except I got a real job and left.
Pros
Getting to ride the bus and light rail for free.
Cons
Working environment, bad pay, bad equipment, no PTO, lack of management
See below
Start- up Acct. KOP Mall. Uniforms (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA / King of Prussia, PA.January 20, 2016
The work that was done for the client at 1818 Market Street was challenging and doing two to three different job types was very good to learn prioritization and time management.
Happy workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2016
- Met the childrens needs
- English, art, writing and learning colors
- Switched off caring for infants / toddlers
- Cleaned and sanitized all toys