AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,040 reviews matching the search
Great workplace that promotes internal visibility
ATS System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 20, 2016
I love working at AlliedBarton Security Systems. The collaborative environment promotes employee growth, learning, and there is tons of visibility with top level management. It is unfortunate that the company is undergoing a merger however I hope they keep the same culture!
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Cost of benefits
Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 19, 2016
This company is very unorganized and will drive you nuts. I am a former employee for this company and had very bad experiences with them. Short hours and terrible distances for locations. They will make you drive far when you first start working.
No Vacation Time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
I work like a dog and have yet to receive vacation time. I am currently looking to get out. I fill in for others and cannot manage to go on my own vacation .
The atmosphere is friendly.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 19, 2016
My typical day at work is okay. The people are friendly. The best part of my job is the building I work in and the people that I see and help everyday.
Cons
The pay is not enough
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 19, 2016
Great place to work, great customers, I would work for them again, howevever the pay is very little and they do not believe in raises
Pros
Customers
Cons
Payrate
Ridicious
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2016
There is no room for advancement, there are issues with payroll if you work overtime. You have to fight with them to pay you for the time you've worked overtime and it still may take a month or two before you are paid and the Account Manager will come and pay you in cash. That's bad business. Not only are you stealing from me but the government as well.
Pros
Its easy work
Cons
No pay increase
Great Company To Work For
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 18, 2016
I love working for AlliedBarton. They are a strong company with room for advancement.There is definitely a sufficient amount of hours to work and the job is stable. Management is great too
company does not care for there employees
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2016
the management depending on who you get will try to take care of you but the company itself does not care about their employees i have been here for a year and have nothing to show for it. there benefits literally are bare minimum on everything. its really even pointless to have health insurance cause even with it you basically pay for everything at the doctors office anyway. even just for a regular checkup. plus your paying for insurance that doesnt even help you
Great Place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCJuly 17, 2016
The work environment is good and the team is genuine no one person is greater than the team. One of the best jobs I ever held.
Okay to work for and the benefits are good.The job required a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2016
The job required a lot of standing which is hard on your feet and back. My co-workers were all great guys and fun to work with and be around. My immediate supervisor was great whereas the account manager was the exact opposite. the thing I liked the most about the job was the people I met and worked with.
Learning experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work for AlliedBarton Security Services basically involves mobile/foot patrols, systems to check people in and out as well as issuing badges of all types to the correct personnel. You must be people-oriented and have good communication skills. Also, you must be able to stand, sit, walk and multitask constantly. If there was anything I would say I have learned here, I would have to say that even after working in customer service for two years, people are hard to deal with on a daily basis.
My managers and co-workers are as everyone's are. Sometimes they can be hard to deal with and other times, they can be the easiest to deal with.
As for the hardest and easiest part of this position, I would have to say that the lack of communication, management and scheduling are needing improvement drastically.
As for the easiest part of this position, it would have to be getting to protect something that is near and dear to my heart for my brothers and sisters in the Military.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Communication, lack of Management, scheduling
It is not the best security company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33409July 15, 2016
The gatehouse was small but it did include a bathroom. There was only a patrol officer during the 2nd shift of the day and they were only to be out patrolling the community one hour at a time. I worked with the site supervisor there and was very instrumental with his teaching. He was very harsh and militant that some of the residents wanted him gone. I could not take any more of his strict micro-managing so I found the next opportunity to leave.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bossy supervisor, very short breaks
Good Start
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2016
great introduction to security field.
learn a lot about security industry.
coworkers were always good.
manager was terrible and never held accountable for anything.
Pros
experience, potential for advancement
Cons
managers, corporate, HR
Secure, observe and protect
SECURITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 14, 2016
It's a good company to work for they make sure that you get 40 hour's per a week. There are a lot of reliable worker's and loyal officers that work for allied Barton
very productive work environment.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2016
Good work environment, great co-workers, one of the best companies to work for overall. if u intend on going far, you will.
Very laid back approach to security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2016
The average day consists of driving around parking lots and walking around inside a mall, at least that's my location. The uniform is extremely uncomfortable, especially in the heat. Management is alright but could use some help. Co-workers are very friendly. Hardest part is walking around in the heat with the uniform because after a while it does become monotonous. The most enjoyable part is driving around in the parking lots because you have access to constant AC. Although this company treats its employees fairly well this is a very laid back approach to security. If you have a go-getter attitude then this job is not for you.
Pros
Get discounts at mall
Cons
Only time you aren't patrolling is if it's one million degrees or a tornado touched down
This company is a Joke
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work is opening the building and chekced the exteriors doors in the morning. About 0730 am the employees starting to come and you stand by the back door.

I have learned cause i'll already had the training at my last job that i'll work at and place the don't believe i advance you. The post you are expected to be there forever

Management is a joke, dones't care about their employees and always messing up on my check. It have been messed up about 16 time. Don't response you your texts or calls. Never keep there promised, but if you promised them something they hold you to it.

Hard part of the job is getting ahold of managent and the benefits are not good. Don't work with coworker at my shift. So i have no one that i'll don't relieve and no one relieve me.

Enjoyable part is the site im at and had the client treat me nice and the worker at the site are nice too. Place i'll don't have to worry about working on the weekened either. Plus i'll get the holidays off too
Pros
Clients and workers are nice
Cons
Benefits are not good managment is a joke no adavancement with this company and
Good strting place
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 13, 2016
I wasn't employed with them for long, the company eventually went to "In house" security. There was no PTO, limited benefits, and no sick leave. I never met with management.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Limited Benefits, no PTO, waiting a year for 1 week of vacation.
Exciting
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Cabin Creek, WVJuly 12, 2016
You spend a lot of time either with others and without others, must stay awake! My position was on a strip mine near local wildlife with no personal protection.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Not much selfe defence
My experience with this company was an unpleasant one!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJuly 12, 2016
My experience with this company wasn't what i expected at all... It was a very unpleasant experience for me....I was mostly processing trucks at the post i was assigned...The booth i worked in allowed bugs to find their way in, and i was constantly fighting with them, and being bitten. Disgusting!!!!! The on site supervisor was unbelievably immature and unprofessional... She would throw temper tantrums like a child, and i have reason to believe she is a racist. She is a very unhappy and miserable woman. She constantly tried me with her rudeness....I said enough is enough, stood up for myself, and have cut ties with Allied Barton. The account manager for this particular post is unprofessional as well...I spoke to him about the site supervisors behavior and her unprofessional attitude... He just justified her actions, didn't take my complaints seriously, and made me feel like i was telling lies about this woman. Crazy!!!!! The three weeks i worked for this company was a disaster, and i'am happy i cut ties with them. I don't tolerate disrespect and rudeness from anyone and i will stand up for myself always when being mistreated till the day i die. Allied Barton sees you as a trouble maker, and don't like it when you take a stand for yourself for being mistreated. This was my experience with this company, unfortunately... People do your research on where you're being assigned to work before you sign up with this company...Allied Barton will not tell you the truth and will just throw you in a live nightmare! do your homework!!!!
Pros
A paycheck that's all!
Cons
No breaks, bugs getting into the booth and constantly biting you, very rude supervisor, and high turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location