AlliedBarton Security Services
2,153 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

a good adult job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: good pay, benifits and training
Cons: not open to new idea about learning from security incedents
This employer trained me in a thoughtful and rigorous manner. I knew what I was supposed to do as a security officer. I always knew what was expected of me. ninety-nine percent of the job was peaceful routine. The other 1 percent taught me about my courage and my limitations. I carried no weapons or handcuffs but people looked to me for their safety. – more... My three years of putting on the uniform forty hours a week showed my what a great employer ALLIEDBARTON is. – less
Stable work, but not much mobility
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: stable heathly work envoirnment
Cons: bad benifits
The typical day can be repetitive, but you are treaded with dignity and respect. Management is willing and able to treat you fairly but very vague on advancement opportunities and career improvement. The initial training is enough to get you started on the job but not much else when wanting to learn more. Overall you get the experience of working as – more... a team and as long as you do your job and do it well you can have stable job security. – less
boring and long
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2014
day at work long coworkers dont work with you, you dont see management at all.
Lacking Work/Life Balance
District Recruiter, Trainer, Generalist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 27, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: understaffed
Conflict of interest as it related to reporting and understaffed
Not a good place
Security Guard (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJJune 27, 2014
Pros: the money is decent
by far the worst place ive worked, don't work with your schedule it, changes. When you have a complaint and take it to the HR they do nothing but give bunch of excuses, nothing ever gets solved, they get worse.
security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
different of job task and location around Los Angeles. learned a verity of customer service skills.
great place to work at
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2014
i have been in the same company for years i all ready reviewed it
AlliedBarton
Security Officer (Current Employee), East Moline, ILJune 26, 2014
Each day follows the same routine of audits and safety measures, checking in guests and any employees who may have forgotten their badges.

We must be ready for any and all emergencies. This can include medical, trespassing, fire and valve breaks or leaks.
Master Security Officer (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 25, 2014
Location is not good. New to the company. I don't have enough info.
Job stability is there if you follow the rules
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, IlJune 24, 2014
Pros: allied barton security services is a reputable company.
Cons: politics, favoritism, are the two things wrong with this company.
Show up for work, secure the site/client, write daily logs/incident reports by being observant.
I learned to be alert.
Management will find work for you to do.
My co-workers were o.k. to work with.
The hardest part to this job was not getting caught up in the politics.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working third shift.
Got to watch Tv and do the job.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2014
Pros: took lunch whenever
Cons: no supervision
Did two patrols around the facility making sure nothing was wrong. Monitored the front entrance due to the client wanted the front entrance open at all times. Made sure gates were locked when the train came either in or out. Opened an employee entrance at certain times.
securing the premises
Security Officer (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 24, 2014
Pros: helping people and ensuring their safety
Cons: no breaks or lucnch
A typical day involves maintaining the security for the premises. Also providing excellent customer service for family members who arrive on the premieses.
Not to many Humans. Like Robots. My Perception!
Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 23, 2014
Pros: bad benefits, but good pay for security
Cons: not to many humans. like robots who cannot think for themselves.
I learned a lot and received my (MSO) Master Security Officer
flexible
Security (Former Employee), Kemah, TXJune 23, 2014
flexible with schedule, not much work to be done, I didn't want to leave but my vehicle broke down
Exciting and fun atmosphere
Supervisor/Team Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2014
You could count on almost every day being a fun and productive day. The clients were tasteful and the company is managed by a woman with great integrity.
Not a career
security officer (Current Employee), Atl, GAJune 23, 2014
Pros: they will hire anyone
Cons: everything
Upper management is lost in their own world. I have had uniforms ordered for over a year and they can't even manage to send me 1 shirt. So I will work with the old, stained one I have; I'm sure it looks great to the customers.
Fire Officer
Fire and Safety Officer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 22, 2014
Pros: pay, skills learned
Cons: no health insurance, no retirement
Learned a lot in fire safety and medical first responding. The staff is very knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the monthly checks on all the equipment in your area. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that you have free time to get your work done. You get calls a lot but you have down time to get work that needs – more... to be done done. – less
Security at its best
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 21, 2014
Basic security company which out does its competitors. I have to write more because its telling me to do so. Allied Barton is the second biggest American Security company in the country. It thrives on giving outstanding service and taking care of their most important asset the security officer.
productive workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2014
Fat paced environment, always on the go. I have learned management skills from my general manager. There was nothing hard about my job and the most enjoyable is learning how to be a great supervisor.
Schedule for Specials, answer emails, inspect security officers
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2014
Pros: being able to talk with all the security officers employed with allied barton
Cons: micromanaging, managers wrote up officers for petty infractions, but wouldnt do anything about ones that ruined the integrity of the company
Start shift by answering emails and receiving any special pass down word from the operations manager. Complete vehicle inspection report of the company vehicle. Travel to and patrol mandatory sites that need to be visited during each shift. After inspecting mandatory patrol sites, travel to other allied barton sites and make sure that the security officer – more... is alert, in proper uniform, and keeping an activity log for their shift. at the end of the shift, make sure that vehicle is fueled and send out site inspections for the sites that you inspected to the proper account managers. within a shift, any number of things can happen when having to deal with about 64 different sites such as: a call off for a shift that you need to now find someone that is trained for that site to cover it, security officer gets into a car accident, they get sent home for sleeping on post, get sent home for not having their guard card, or a security officer has to go home for family emergencies/health issues. being able to travel around to all the different sites within the valley and being able to communicate with all the security officers was the most enjoyable part of my job. Also filling in or visiting the special sites that we had where we provided security to resorts, google, and other high end clients. – less

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos