AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,038 reviews matching the search
Okay.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2016
I learn to write incident reports excellent. Command center operator which gave me more confidence to run a shift as a lead officer.
Nice place to work at.
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 11, 2016
Great opportunity to be part of this establishment. Enjoyed my time there. Loved my job and my duties. Some supervisors were hard to get along with, but majority were good people. Would love the opportunity to go back one day.
Pros
Friendly Clients
Cons
Long periods of standing
Great Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 10, 2016
Allied Barton is very organized company I have no complaints in regards to how i'm treated as an employee. I would recommend anyone to apply and work for this company.
alright job for just getting out of high school
security (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2016
a typical day at work is basically sitting checking id cards and keeping the building secure. Didn't really learn things that I already knew. Management was ok. Depending on coworkers it was pretty cool sometimes it was a lot of drama. Hardest part of my job was to keep calm when people where very rude. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
Cons
short breaks, health care
Good sprigboard
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2016
they will give you a good platform to move up in the security world just not with the company. the advancements are far and few in between and dependent on your account manager and how much they like you.
Pros
good place to start
Cons
communication between managers and empleeys
Not so good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2016
This line of work is not for those who are nearing 40 and are trying to establish a career or move up. This is for someone whos 21 years old fresh out of college or military and wants to use this as a stepping stone for like the police department. Or someone retired and is looking for something to do. The expectaions were high, but the pay was extremely low. There was health insurance but it was like it didnt exist. My year end review was basically an opportunity for the supervisor to nitpick.
Pros
Paycheck provided your time right
Cons
Lousy uniforms no respect or appreciation and harsh reviews
Security Officer
Supervisor Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
• Major strengths in planning, problem solving and communication.
• Well-organized, efficient, self-star, and goal oriented ter.
• Expert technical knowledge of various security systems
• Major in retail business, clerk, computer systems, and people skill.· security access control, property management, prevent loss inventory, management recorded data, efficient, goal oriented.
COMMUNICATION
· Expert technical knowledge in communication, people skill, problem solving, learn methods of experience in training and skill in different procedures and methods
Fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 8, 2016
Flexible company to work for with great people. The pay is not so great, i expected more. No raise at all. Co-workers that i have worked with are decent people, hard workers.
Pros
na
Cons
na
A good job to give good experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 8, 2016
Depending on whatever site that you may work at, Allied Barton may have a laundry list of things for you to do, or a very minimal amount of things for you to do. Classified work sites require much more work to be done throughout the day, such as site inspections, equipment inspections, checking in with supervisors throughout the shift as well as with co-workers. Other sites which are more of public property protection are usually a bit more laid back, routine site inspections every half hour to forty five minutes. Ensuring property, customers and employees are all safe as well.

With most security posts you learn how to work with the general public. On more secured sites you learn how to work in a more close-knit team environment. Working side by side with multiple co-workers at a time and learning how to best utilize everyone to work together throughout each shift to accomplish all tasks given.

Management is strict to a point, but usually relatively relaxed. They are able to work with you on time off and sick time, but only if you have already accumulated the sick time necessary, or have days you are able to take off that you have earned, if not, you have to sign papers to trade shifts among other co-workers and ensure that they know they are covering your shift, and you are covering their's.

Co-workers are relatively easy to work with, they all want to ensure that the workplace is safe and flows effectively. They're all willing to work together to ensure workplace safety as well as good workflow. Good at communication and being able to help in completing assigned group
  more... tasks.

Hardest part of the job is the constant hours. Certain sites tend to be short staffed, so you may have to work multiple 12+ hour shifts in order to help fill slots. Taking time off at sites which are short staffed make it impossible to get time off. You also always have to worry about being watched because management and other higher-ups watch you like a hawk to ensure you don't mess up, eager to give you a warning or fire you if you mess up.

The graveyard shifts are usually the best part of the job because it's easier to be a bit more laid back on the job. You're also able to more easily get tasks completed due to not having to deal with too much during the daytime when everyone else other than security is on site.
Pros
All breaks and lunches are paid. Good benefits. Good pay
Cons
Able to easily be overworked very quickly
Prodtuctive
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work as a security guard is standing at a gate checking and making sure employee's/visitors coming onto property have their badges or proper identification.Sometimes doing random car searches, doing "tours" off-hours. Meaning making sure all of the doors to building are locked and armed properly.

A typical day as a receptionist is greeting all employee's, making sure their badges are visible. Conducting bag checks, checking for illegal substances, weapons, ect.
Repetitive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 8, 2016
The people I worked with were great. The management however was less than satisfactory. Once I became pregnant I was treated completely different and with disrespect from my superiors.
Pros
Ok hours
Cons
horrible managment, not the best pay
A great workplace
Security Officer at Long Island University (Current Employee) –  Long Island University Campus Brooklyn NYJuly 7, 2016
I sign into base initially. Then I patrol my assigned building throughout the day every hour. I check fire extinguishers for discrepancy, I check the stairways for debris or any fire hazards. Also I secure spaces in the building or unsecured spaces in the building. I give breaks to my fellow officers on duty. All of my activities I radio to base upon completion. Also I check students and staff members IDs before entering the campus.
most simple job ever worked at
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2016
typical night would be driving around the premises looking out for any specious calls.
walking around securing doors windows and vehicles.
Good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
Good employment benefits, salary wages and flexible hours. This company bring lots of benefit such as union, connection with managers, on site assistance, promotions and lots more.
productive work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2016
for me the pay was very good and the service I was able to provide to the company was even better as for the account managers there were a few who mistreated the co workers but after a year I resigned and branched off to explore better job opportunities
Pros
overtime
Cons
holiday pay, extended breaks
Security company within a local factory.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 7, 2016
Allied Barton Security Services is an enjoyable company within a local factory. Employees work together to solve problems and successfully complete their job tasks.
Not a rewarding experience so far.....
Armed Security Officer-Flex (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2016
I was recently hired as a Flex, Armed and have been on the payroll for 2 weeks. Out of that time I have had 16 hours of classroom instruction (Company Intro/cuff/pepper). Since then, no hours and no calls from either my supervisor or any staff. Very poor management organization. Former Police Officer and professional person, this is starting our in a very poor way for someone who wants to do the best job possible far a large company who says their people are the "conerstone" of their business. Sad. Very sad, and upper Mgt. seems not to be paying attention to what really goes on in the ranks. All about money, I guess.....
Pros
Large company
Cons
Many
not much to say but good at finding place to work at management was terrible.
Security guard for allied barton (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
bad management but the money and work was good. bad account managers they are very greedy and will eat your money if your not paying attention.
Pros
Cons
hour breaks or half an hour breaks was nice
simple and direct
Flex Security Guard/Bike Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2016
communication between campus and local police was simple and easy to understand the codes.
the job was not hard at all.
typical day is patrol the area assign to for eight hours on a bike, write down the activity in the area and reports any suspicious
Great location, with great clients
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 6, 2016
Long hours due to turnover, No room to advance or change shift. Pay is based on the contract so you can work for several years with the company, then the contract ends, they try to relocate you but can be for less pay.
Pros
Trainings Good
Cons
Turnover High

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location