AlliedBarton Security Services
3,008 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Worked as site supervisor/scheduler
Security Officer (Former Employee), Industry, CAMay 7, 2015
I liked the site I was placed. The people were friendly. THe thing I liked best was learning to do the scheduling. My co worker and I got along great.
Allied Barton
Security Officer (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 7, 2015
They have been one of the best companies, I have ever worked for. They have great management and even better assignments. There's no other Security Company like Allied Barton in Greensboro, NC.
Full time work, but lack of advancement
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Ukiah, CAMay 7, 2015
Has full time work, mostly hospital, not much on the west coast, way too much management within the company, compensation is not competitive for cost of living and responsibilities
GREAT PEOPLE
Security Officer (Current Employee), ATLANTA,GA BIRMINGHAM,ALMay 7, 2015
Working with Allied Barton has been a good experience. The managers are 'people' people . The job is very structured so you always know what to expect. The training is good so you always know what to do.
Good compamy to work for.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Crescent Springs, KYMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good working conditions
Cons: N/a
I enjoyed working for this company. I had a good experience with my supervisors and would return to the company. The job was not difficult, yet rewarding.
Good Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Security, COMay 7, 2015
Pros: Being part of the team
Cons: Job Security
Typical day: patrols of inner and outer facilities, securing off limits locations, monitoring cctv, paperwork/logs, employee security checks,

I learned that I like being part of a team. working security we all have to be accountable for ourselves because being reliable is so important to the safety of our co=workers and our employers property. we need to do things fast but efficient.

Management: I worked at a site location so I didn't know the actual management, but I enjoyed working with the on site management. they knew their positions and taught me well. they made the employment there a learning environment.

Co-workers: I enjoyed working with my co-workers. they all knew the importance of being reliable to each other and we all worked well together.

Hardest part: working on a site location you are at risk of being laid off when the employer only needs a certain number of security guards.

Most Enjoyable: working as a team, being part of something important. and knowing secret things before they were released to the public.
Gained experience
Security (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2015
Overall a good place to work, I mainly deal with the client and not directly with the AlliedBarton Office. I have never had any issues.
Help others
Communication Dispatcher (Former Employee), Tysons VaMay 7, 2015
Management need to stop thinking of them self only and work to keep employees. We are hourly employees and most officers are held well after there shift and not paid for it.Why pay three people when two can get the job done even if the client is paying for three. It is done at the expense of there employees.
USMC
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2015
This a strong organization that I enjoyed working for during my eight years in service I would not take it back for anything.
Professional Organization
Account Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Benefits
AlliedBarton stands by it's brand of the professional services that it offers to it's clients.The training is great and the personnel are provided with all of the necessary toolsto do the job.
Observing and Reporting, tending to injured and aid the teachers
Security Officer/ EMT (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: cheap food
Cons: short breaks
EMT Basic / Security Office
• Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
• Responds to medical emergencies to assess the situation and respond accordingly
• Responds/reports to safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
• Builds, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests
• Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations
• Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms
i love my job here
s/o and unarmed spo (Current Employee), 5919,23rd street nwMay 5, 2015
Pros: payed vaction
Cons: short breaks
First my job is very fun and entertaining get to meet and greet new people everyday.Also my work schedule is perfect and my off days fit me perfect.The benefits are also great with payed vacation time and being apart of the union.
great company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Horseheads, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: healthcare
Only thing bad about this company is the insurance.
The company itself is awesome
good pay.
great people.
all over the country.
treat employees with respect.
Company not concerned about employees.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oshkosh wisconsinMay 4, 2015
Pros: Regular raises until officer attained maximum pay. Oppotunities for overtime.
Cons: No performance standards.
ABSS does not care about their Security Officers. We're just "another head in the shed". At the account that I worked at for 8 years, communication was almost nonexistent. Also, there was no maintaining of work standards. Lazy or inept employees were rarely talked to. Although there were quarterly reviews, popular officers were given high scores regardless of their actual performance. In addition, conflicts were allowed to fester. Shift supervisors did little to resolve disagreements unless a larger problem arose.
Good company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: Easy job, advancement oportunities, Set schedule
Cons: down time
AlliedBarton carries various security positions. All with the opportunity to excel. I came on with the company with zero security experience and yet with in a short period of time with the help of my superiors with in six months I developed the skill to move up to a better position. You get a set schedule every week. Co-workers are what they are. You get along with some and some not so much, but that's pretty much expected anywhere you go. Hardest part of this job is the down time and keeping your self awake.
Nice atmosphere to work around, and friendly customers and coworkers to work around.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDMay 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be doing what we do best is observe and report and protect life and property. I've learned how to be responsible, hard working, patience, and getting to know the general public. Management is good. My coworkers are great to work around, they are team players and fun to work around. The hardest part is walking around for a long period of time keeping yourself busy when its a slow day. I love working with the general public and helping others.
Very dry
Security Officer (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMay 3, 2015
A typical day for me is working an 8 hour shift watching tv. Just sitting down not having to do a tour around the building isn't fun or makes me feel like I'm doing anything.
Well Managed and Family Oriented
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: Family oriented
Cons: None
Great management and well organized. Loved my co-workers they were like family. I have no complaints. Easy to adjust to, hardest part of the job would be leaving because you never want to go home. If you were having a bad day, and you enter this place you would forget about the negative in your day.
Not a great place to work, but a okay place to work
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 3, 2015
I was told while i attended orientation with Allied Barton Security that I would be able to transfer to another contract after 6 months of employment, that did not happen i worked 32 hours a week, when a 40 hour a week schedule came available it was given to a new employee that i had to train, i was scheduled to work every holiday when that hoilday fell on my day off. and I worked every weekend. I can't live off a 32 hour a week job at a pay rate of $ 9.50 per hour. My work schedule is 3-11pm two day 7-3pm two day.
A good security company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYMay 3, 2015
A good security company to work for. For what I have already experience, a decent reliable company. Be willing to learn new ways of doing things and be sure you are serious about working in the security enforcement field.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Salaries