AlliedBarton Security Services
2,302 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

productive and professional
Armed Security Supervisor, (Former Employee), Irmo, SCSeptember 1, 2014
Allied barton was a good job. The only thing that I didn't like was that the turn over rate is so high that it is hard to get a raise and the managers that I had didn't stand for you. All in all I did enjoy working for them.
An evolving career opportunity
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 1, 2014
There is no typical day. The position was always evolving. I learned time management and organization throughout my time with the company. I managed direct reports for over 9 years and became a very good leader. My co workers always looked to me for advice.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 30, 2014
Pros: pretty easy job
Cons: working overnight, and the pay
The hardest part of the job was working overnight. The management was not that bad.
Worked overnight didn't see much of anyone.
Overnight Security Guard (Former Employee), South Shore PlazaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: not many people to deal with at the mall.
Cons: when plans for block offs aren't explained got to improvise.
Worked overnight with one other guard one in one out. Was cool depending on who I worked with.
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It's a good company to work for, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a security position in NYC.
JOB
Security officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2014
a non stressed job. ok environment. very easy. pay ranges. easy job patrolling building, keeping DAR
Do not even bother
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLAugust 26, 2014
Cons: your just a body, which can be replaced as they like to tell you
Don't bother applying, their pay is low and you are nothing more then a body to them
Allied Barton not good.
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
There was a lot of organization which is good, however the company does not treat employees well. Lots of turnover.
I parked cars and worked security.
Valet (Former Employee), Dunbar, WVAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed my job very much but the pay was low and it was located an hour away from my home.
Outstanding employee development
Global Security Operations Center Operator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: forward movement in accounts and into management.
Cons: .
I am provided every opportunity to move forward in my career with a stunning management team that really concerns itself with making their teams performance #1 for the customer.
Productive.
Security Guard. (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: no cons.
Excellent benefits, Good Management, Great hours, Excellent Co-Workers, Leadership Skills.
An outstanding company to work for.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunities
Cons: lots of walking throughout the facility.
Responsible for maintaining inbound and outbound traffic of the Bacardi Bottling Corporation. Responsible for the safety of personnel and property within the facility. Responsible for writing reports and maintaining log in entries of happenings within the facility.
overtime was alotted.
Security Officer (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 24, 2014
Pros: schedual
Cons: pay
It was a good work environment, and my boss was flexible when it came personal issues.
Great company to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 24, 2014
Nice working with all the staff and management as well as co-workers. Learnt a great deal of things including stellar customer service and other important skills in security and safety.
The Reading Terminal Market was a good atmosphere to work in it was lot of fun.
Security Officer (Reading Terminal Market) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and good people to work with
Cons: wages and benefits could have been better
Working in the reading terminal market was a lot of fun. I got to enjoy working with various of people and I can truly say I loved what I was doing.
Security Officer/Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint George, UTAugust 24, 2014
Pros: freindly workplace environment
Cons: healthcare benefits were not very good.
The company places a big emphasis on on-going training, which is good. Most security companies that I have had experience with didn't care if the officers were properly trained or not. Customer service was also a big component with this company. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing great customer service to good people. The hardest part – more... of the job was staying awake on the overnight shifts. – less
Company was well organized and well known. Excellent production.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: i was offer free lunch, offered overtime, hours of work was great and enjoyed meeting new people.
Cons: sometimes, the relieving security officer was not on time.
On a typical work day, I immediately logged in a computerized DAR. I secured three high tech buildings that consisted of expensive computer chips. I had to checked monitors of three buildings. I had to make sure authorized personnel walked through the company doors. I made sure each individual employee had electronic badges with a gold seal. I was also – more... responsible for checking the outside parameters of this magnificent company. I also secured all three buildings every two hours. Overall, I really enjoyed working at this company, in California. I felt needed, worked alone, but, yet, got the job done efficiently. I was an excellent asset to this company. I truly missed the rewarding experience of being an employee at this company. – less
Work Place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: i had 30 minutes lunch break and they were paid, free snacks from fruits, drinks, etc...
Cons: this consideration came from the client. allied barton doesn't give free lunch break.
The work place where the company hired me was Citrix System. This place was high classic people from different countries all over the world but, it was fun and enjoyable. I learn more about customer service, be more alert totally different from my other jobs. Co-workers where more about competition I will give them a 3 start rating and management was – more... excellent and had everything under control. In this job security officers must have responsible, active, fast and good monitoring skills. – less
Productive constant proffessional
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: upgraded and complimented my wor ethics on duty.
Cons: unfair work practices by management
GOOD TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION.
ADVANCMENT TO DOD POLICE AND MORE.
HARD TO AVOID THE EGOS OF CO-WORKERS ONCE OUR STATUS CHANGED.
MADE THE BEST OF IT AND STAYED ON PATROL OR STATIONED AWAY FROM GENERAL POPULATION AS NEEDED.
LEARNED AND ADVANCED IN OBSERVATION SKILLS, HAND GUNS,TRAFFIC CONTROL, PROFFESIONAL DEMEANOR ETC.
Client Service Coordinator/Security Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2014
I was responsible for security operations at 35 sites in the Pittsburgh area. In this capacity I met with building owners and reviewed security requirements. I assigned guards, reviewed and monitored work performance, conducted OJT and if need be, terminated for non-compliance. In addition, I met with clients to discuss security needs and requirements, – more... negotiate contract price and prepared contracts for execution. I interviewed prospective employees and conducted reference checks.
I presented offers for employment and discussed pay and benefits as well as taught an orientation class, drug tested and fingerprinted selected applicants and fitted for uniforms.

Busy- fast paced environment, enjoyable location to work in – less

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos