AlliedBarton Security Services
2,636 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 13, 2015
allied Barton is a great company they take care of there employees and u will always have a job they have great supervisors and managers it is a great work environment and its a job u can have for a long time
alright to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Winston, NCJanuary 13, 2015
I would patrol the factory make sure no one was there on my shift. I would watch the video to make sure everything was alright in side the factory. I would check each floor of the factory, the die cast machines to make sure that the die was up to the heat it should be if not then I would have to call someone in to help. I would make sure all of the office doors was locked, and that no one was in the office area. Sometimes I would have a crew that cleaned and I would have to keep watch on them to make sure they was alright and was doing their job. I worked by myself and they only coworker was when they replaced for their shift. Sometime I would have to replace them if they did not show up for work I would have to do their job. I was made site supervisor the second year on the job. I went and did supervisor training.
Needs work in upper to mid management
District Resource Officer (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: listed
Site Supervisors often not on premises, with upper management turning a blind eye. This causes a failure in training which cascades to multiple employees. This makes the entire company look poor. Not the worst company but also not the best.
not a good place for carrer advancement
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), indianapolis, InJanuary 12, 2015
moving up or getting promoted is very difficult with this company also this company only cares about what the client wants and will not stand up for its employees
good
Gatehouse Security (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2015
enjoy working for this company, increased my security skills
A very professional work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work is to make sure the building is secure and everyone who enter the building is sign in and out.
Different environment, different people
Security Guard (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: long breaks, respect, healthcare, good pay, etc.
Cons: safety at risk.
A typical day at work was always spontaneous. Each day was nothing like my typical day outside of the work place in both a good and bad way. I was doing security for a retail store called The Children's Place - where on some days you see the same faces and most days, was a new face. The store employees in many of the stores I've worked at were pretty decent people and some in a few stores were pretty difficult to work with. Though, despite the angry costumers, hectic days, difficult employees - I did learn a lot from the job. I've gained lot of knowledge about working with different types of people, about being patient with people, managing time, observing, reading people and so much more. The hardest part of the job staying awake because your are standing on your feet for almost 10 hours and some days are really slow - where you don't see a lot of costumers, so you become very tired and filled with boredom. With those tired feelings, you begin to seek for things to do around the store to keep you busy but the trick was that you cannot work in the store as if you were an employee in the store because you would get in trouble by your manager. Another fault about feeling tired at work was that you have to keep your guards up, always be on point and make sure that you are paying attention to who is trying to steal, if an altercation is going to arise and so on. The most enjoyable part of the job, to me, were the people. I liked seeing different people, reading them, learning small things about them and the suspense of those who were trying to steal.
Okay work place, with expierence to be had for security career enthusists.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work could be patrol, detail, or even being called in to fill for other workers. I learned alot here and will defiantly take everything including escorts and most modern security methods and modules.
I love protecting and serving my personnel in any environment and on any job.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at work is knowing what not to expect.
I learned the differences of personality from personnel that i see everyday.
The management is more like a team effort.
The co-workers are very helpful and i have no problems and work as a team no matter what.
I never feel that there is a hard part of the job when I have been trained to know how to perform my duties.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the students and receiving and giving guidance to them as well.
Cool place to get a start
Special Programs Security supervisor (Current Employee), CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: a job opporunity!
Cons: medical benefits
Friendly Management, work with great officers, Strongly rooted organization
Productive place to work friendy co-workers
Boeing Co. / Security Officer (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: very easy shifts, laidback work, very competible pay
Cons: long hours away from family
Reporting to a shift everyday is something I look forward to.
I've learned many skills that I feel I would carry with me in my future as my career advances.
My management team are down to earth and very sympathetic to everyone person needs equally.
I don't work with a lot of people but the ones I do ,I enjoy growing with them as a team.
It's awesome
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York and Austin TexasJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: snack is avilable
Cons: 45 mins break 2/5 mins and 1/30 mins
Allied Barton Security, has a very good management. Co-workers at most sites are awesome. Good benefits, Holidays and OT paid. Has respect for their workers. Makes their workers represents their company.
filled with interesting nights
Security Officer (Former Employee), braintreeJanuary 10, 2015
patrolled the buildings exits and perimeter to make sure the building stayed secured throughout the night. did nightly tours.
Security job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: it's a security job.
Cons: doesn't trust security officers to have guns
It's a security job. Doesn't pay a whole lot. Pay is less than Target Corp's security, and A.B. doesn't help pay for taking care of your uniform.

Three different supervisors at my post, but all three were terrific.
Drexel Officer worked front desk in the dorms
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2015
I worked 12 hour shifts on Drexel Campus. I sat at a desk and scanned student identification cards and had guest sign in. If anything in the dorms was suspicious I quickly notified Supervisors and documented any and all incidents on an incident report form. We mainly worked alone so I didn't know many of the other officers unless I already had a personal relationship with them outside of work. Managers were only seen at roll call as well as the site supervisor and that was sparingly. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we could get over time.
review
Security Officer (Current Employee), glendale caJanuary 9, 2015
its a fun fast paced job. You can learn a varity of skills within the criminal justice system. Also while working here you become very familiar with the criminal justice terminology.
learnig about security from the inside out
Supervisor (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: work location
Cons: no time advancement
great work location , lots to learn about security form the inside out
This company was not to good but where i was placed at the Temple College was great.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2015
Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates, answer alarms and investigate disturbances. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises, write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences. Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons, circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property. Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed and warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
fair and understanding
Security Guard (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pay and advancement
Cons: online test and traning
set schedule fair managment and good money simple system that was easy to understand
easy
Receptionist/Security Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2015
It's a simple in and out job. Lots of overtime. Not much room for advancement but good enough if you plan on making it a temp job.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos