AlliedBarton Security Services
2,833 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

AlliedBarton Security is an excellent company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
I learned many things from AlliedBarton. Started with the company as a guard and moved up 5-6 positions to middle mgmt. Great training program, always willing to help those that are in need.
was fun but didnt like over nights
Guard (Former Employee), Colorado springs coloradoMarch 18, 2015
Pros: was a great job weekends.
Cons: none really
I liked the people I worked with. I worked from 7pm to 7am. the job worked well for the time it lasted. I was attending collage while working security at Sinton dairy. Was quite fun.
Respectable Career
Security Officer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2015
Maintained and issued security badges. I enjoyed interacting with clients. Worked as part of a team and got along well with coworkers, although I mostly worked alone
Professional environment, strong security reinforcement
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Strong Security Reinforcement Training
Cons: Weak Training for supervisor's with dealing with regular security officer's
Allied Barton is a company that provide's strong security reinforcement training. It is the first company I have ever worked for that did this.
Productive Workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: alone time
Cons: no set breaks so you have to make sure you call to be relieved to go to the restroom
On a day to day basis your main priority is access control and making sure your customer gets the best you there is. Everyday you have to give 100% to ensure that the company looks good. The only way to do that was to ensure that you looked good and maned your post. Management is seen but not often as long as your following your orders to a tee. Which I believe is the way things should be done they should be managing not babysitting. The hard part of the job maybe the job itself if your not disciplined to pay attention and are not comfortable being for the most part alone. The most enjoyable part in my opinion is the feeling that your doing something important that helps other feel safe.
Good company, Great workplace!
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: moving up the ladder is a very slow process!
I worked at this location for eight years, but Allied Barton for only three. The Account Manager was amazing. I loved working for him. The people I worked with made the job. I don't know if I would have the same outlook on this job if it weren't for my co-workers. This company was the best out of the three I worked for at this location.
love this job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
the job is easy , the people are great, the entire job is good Protect & secure the students, staff and property of Drexel University.
Provide mobile Transport to students and staff around campus.
learned how to interact with people.
ups and downs
Security Guard (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: bad coworkers
It was a job, not to be enjoyed, but not too stressful either. Coworkers were friendly, while others were not so much. Spervisor would fill schedule without notifying you and you would get a write up for it.
An alright company
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2015
Allied Barton is an alright company to work for.

But there must a better way to screen out the lazy people. As a site supervisor, I worked waaaaay to much and dealt with waaaaaaaay to much BS for only $12.00 an hour. They could not keep my site staffed properly and my guys and myself were the ones that had to pay for it.
not a fun place to work
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Lancaster, SCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: can be hurt physically
best thing about the job was the people who had your back and that was your fellow co- workers.I learned alot that I could use in my every day life,
Consistent Movement and Change
District Area Manager (Current Employee), San Jose CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: work life balance
Reactive 80% Proactive 20%
Client Visits and Account Manager Mentoring
Assist in coordinating the day-to-day team effort of Account Managers and other assigned personnel to ensure that services are delivered in a quality and cost effective manner.
Manage the delivery of services through subordinate managers and fill in for them and the District Manager in their absence or as requested or required.
Work with assigned personnel to ensure that all contractually scheduled hours are met with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
Coach, counsel, develop, etc. assigned personnel to assist with their opportunity for advancement/promotability.
Capably utilize Win Team for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, Invoice Aging by Tiers, Training Summary and Training Detail reports) that require interpretation and action for effective business management..
Securing the Power Plant and Customer Service
Security Guard (Former Employee), Waterflow, NMMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch on thursday
Cons: no breaks til we have time to eat
Mostly Dealing With Contractors Coming in and Out Watching Out for Materials that does not belong to them. Monitor the screen and all over the plant. Observes employees in and out of the Building.
BEST JOB I EVER HAD THE CHANCE TO WORK
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no breaks
STAYING ALERT ON THE JOB WAS AN EASY TASK THE COMPANY PROVIDED US WITH MUCH NEEDED ESSESNTIALS
WE WORKED AROUND THE CLOCK COVERING A 24 HOUR SHIFT BETWEEN 4 EMPLOYEES AND WE WERE ABLE TO PICK UP THE OPTION OF OVERTIME AND HOLIDAY PAT
Customer Service with an eye for watching out for shop lifters.
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: pays more than unemployment and lots of people to talk to on a daily basis.
Cons: lots of walking and lots of shop lifters to keep track of.
Mostly required to be a Customer Service Officer with an secondary purpose of watching for shop lifters and trying to prevent this occurrence.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
One of the easiest jobs you will ever have. If you follow directions and do what your told you will be fine. Some sites you may be sitting majority of the time and some sites you may be on your feet. Good way to make some quick easy money
gave me a sence of pride
Security Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: sence of pride
Cons: none that i can think of
i enjoyed working with Allied Barton. I was able to have a sense of pride, I felt like a valued employee. I enjoyed my jobs at both locations, one in Grand Rapids Mi and the other in Siler City NC.
Not much room to grow
Security Officer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: moral ethics of some of the management
I have experienced a better work environment within Allied Barton, but there is not much room at all to advance in a career and the benefits are very limited.
Great for starters
Security Guard (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 13, 2015
Great way to get in the door as a security guard, all depends on the place that you are placed. The management seems good, if on a good note with them.
Pays well, mostly friendly people to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee), Moline, ILMarch 12, 2015
My experience working for Allied Barton was good. Most of my co-workers were very nice and very helpful when ever I had questions.
Absolutely loved working for this company.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 11, 2015
I regret leaving for a job I thought was going to be a better opportunity and later found out certainly was not.

My entire experience with Allied Barton was more or less great almost in it's entirety.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos