AlliedBarton Security Services
2,892 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services United States Employee Reviews

Certain sites are bad at this company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Variety of different shifts to choose from
Cons: Gossip, unprofessionalism
A typical day at this job is draining. You will deal with unprofessional people daily. The management is unprofessional and staff. The company is full of gossiping. If you're a professional person, people in the company will take it as a threat. I would not advice anybody to work at this job.
Good place to begin a career in Law Enforcement
Lead Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Free workout room for healthy lifestyles for officers
Cons: Working through lunch break.
A typical day for me starts with reviewing all shifts daily logs. Reviewing all paperwork turned in from all shifts and filed. Sending morning report to manager and property management on events happening for the day. Assigning details for officers per shift. Greeting clients as they start their day. Answering and transferring calls to appropriate person. Ending the day with signing off on officers paperwork. Giving on-coming shift review of the day and an outlook on their shifts.
High energy work environment with a superior staff
Dispatch / Patient Watch Officer (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 4, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: benefits
While I worked at Allied Barton I had 2 jobs titles which were dispatcher and patient watch officer. I was usually in dispatch, however; I assisted in patient watch when necessary. While dispatching I would answer 911 related phone calls, input service orders for all areas of the hospital, deal with all security issues, and keep in close communication with Denver and Aurora police/fire department. I learned that patience and keeping calm is key to any stressful environment. Management was a key aspect for dispatch to run smoothly, the management did an excellent job at communicating issues and also praising employees. My coworkers at Allied Barton were my favorite part of the job. I trusted them completely and could rely on them to not only come to work but also help out if needed. The hardest part of my job was the stress level that accompanied it, dealing with life threatening situations on a daily basis can be hard. Also, to be a dispatcher multi-tasking is a huge factor to obtain success.
experienced FSD/EAP director
FS/EAP DIRECTOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
A typical day at work I'm Supervising a team of 7 and ensuring fire safety procedures are followed, very active with building engineers, I'm very experienced and comfortable with my line of work and able to face many challenges therefore I honestly don't find my job to be hard .
Thankless job
Account manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: There are none as far as I'm concerned
Cons: you risk your life on a daily basis for someone who is un-gratefull
Security people are disrespected and threatened on a daily basis. The client and people you are trying to protect look upon you as a necessary evil that is a hindrance and an offince for you even talking to them.
fun and productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 4, 2015
every day is a good day at work, i learned punctuality and uniform is very important. i also learned that customer service is very important to the customer. Management is well aware of employees and keeps everything intact. The coworkers were all very sweet and The most enjoyable part about the job was getting the task completed.
Poor management and poor compensation/benfits
SECURITY SUPERVISOR/FIRE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Job security.
Cons: Poor compensation and benefits.
The management is not very professional. There are almost no raises to speak of and the benefits are horrible. Co-workers are great but very disgruntled.
Company Great workers need core vaules
Communications Security Dispatcher (Former Employee), St Louis, MOApril 3, 2015
Pros: pay scale
Cons: the work site
Allied Barton was overall a good company, Boeing was a great site to work, Leadership did not value personal life and work life balance
Worst Security Company in business
Security Officer (Former Employee), Reno,NVApril 3, 2015
Pros: Somewhat competitive pay
Cons: Terrible, inexperienced supervisors, Garbage uniforms, Deceitful business practices, Does not back their employees.
Account Supervisors are terrible and very inexperienced.
Cheap, garbage Uniforms
Company cares more about their money than their officers
Reputation of AlliedBarton negative to most of their clients.
Supervisors DO NOT back their employees.
Company does not support employees concerns or safety
Great place for up and coming security officers
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Managment
Good place for new security officers making a transition change or wanting something different. I enjoyed my time but there is better opportunity elsewhere.
Productive Work Enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: Short breaks and Management
A typical Workday included working with all different Cultures of people. I would sign in guests who attempted entry into the library. I would check id's of students to make sure they were accurate. I would give Directions to other buildings within the campus.
the company is mediocre the benifits are poor
Security/customer service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: you get atleast 40 hrs a week
Cons: there are not any good benefits within the company for the security officers
the work is not very hard. most of the day im really just screening people that come throught for fedex. my manager is good she works with your schedule and she tries to give over time when it is available.there is not really anything to hard you just have to make sure you don't get a breach by TSA
Good
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 1, 2015
I love the work environment. you learn a lot in how does it feel to work in a Hospital. the management truly helps Security Guard to improve.
A good place to get more experince.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Extra learning as CPR training and travel to other city sites.
Cons: No retirement.
I loved the work that i did for this company. It was a very rewarding time for me. I learned a lot from this company that will see me in the future as a security officer.
Work
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 31, 2015
I go to work, and i deal with the drama. If your lucky you wont get in trouble. The actual job is very good though I love the job but the management sucks.
Fun and friendly place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, customers, management
Cons: Account was discontinued by the client
I always met with friendly customers everyday. My co-workers were fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting customers and helping them.
I was so excited to start a professional career & learn something new everyday.
Security Officer/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: hourly wage $10.50
Cons: No advancement for the interanl hard- workers.
I have worked for Allied Barton Security Services for about 4 months now. Everything that they have promised, from the interview until now, has not yet been honored. The way that they run their company is unprofessional and unfair.
Mostly typical job with some ups and downs, but overall a great work environment with great people.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, simple tasks, opportunity for advancement
Cons: some management difficult to deal with, hospital staff uncooperative at times, advancement opportunities rearely presented
Each day was different: one day would be calm, the next would be busy. I learned how to remain diligent and maintain a constant positive attitude around patrons and staff alike. Management was alright, but some were less bearable than others. Most fellow employees were amazing to work with and made the day easier to handle and more fun to be around. The job itself wasn't that hard-it was mostly some key hospital staff that were difficult to deal with. The best part about the job was definitely the atmosphere my coworkers and I created.
Working with children
Security Officer (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 30, 2015
I love children and have six of my own so when I started working for a pediatrician, it was the perfect job for me. My co-workers were great to work with and made for a much better day.
Normal Day
Mall Security Officer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: benefits
all in all working for allied bartyon is great. Working with different people and also seeing people you have to interact with helps me be a round person.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos