AlliedBarton Security Services
2,536 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Great Place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Summit, New JerseyNovember 28, 2014
Great Place nice environment. I learned how to work as a leader with a team and how to delegate responsibilities.
Pretty decent
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee), Merrillville IndianaNovember 27, 2014
Good Company to work for. They do everything they can to work with you and what you need.
Work sufficient
Bank Officer PNC Bank (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 26, 2014
Work was always study as to where when I had to be there. Nevertheless I was always busy and kept in the loop when ask to fill in a site that was need and had choices.
Call center
Security Guard (Former Employee), Mesa AzNovember 25, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no structure in upper managment. needs competent people.
It was a very boring and very tedious job to have nothing ever happened but they wanted "us" the security officers to find stuff wrong with the building inside and out but when we did and told them it never got fixed so it was just giving us something to do with no end results.
Exciting
security officer (Former Employee), Manhatten, New yorkNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free uniforms, long breaks
Cons: unstable schedules
A typical day at work was pretty calm, I didn't really experience any difficulty. I didn't really learn much, but am glad I had the chance to work there. the co-workers were amazing very good people working there. the hardest part was the schedule, the schedule wasn't stable and made it difficult to perform my job. The best part was walking in and out – more... work well dressed. – less
very adventurous and energetic
Security Officer (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDNovember 25, 2014
Pros: helping othere
Cons: cut on hours
My first day on the job was very adventurous for me. I was getting to know the feel of the mall. walking around learning the post. What we accept and what we do not accept. Out of the blue a call comes through my walkie-talkie, about an elderly woman fall down a flight of escalator. as a approached the scene where everyone surrounded the lady, ask for – more... everyone to clear the scene called st Charles EMT, put on my gloves because there was serve bleeding. help the woman up and sat her down until paramedics arrive on the scene. took a report on the incident that took place. I felt like I made a change, like I was a Hero on the first day. – less
security officer
Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: pay scale is low to uphold the law
I have been in the security field for a long while now so i know all the ins and outs, most of the time the job is never fun, have to have a great customer service attitude and a great demeanor
A busy workplace
Security Officer/Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 24, 2014
Pros: decent pay and good work hours.
Cons: cut throat work environment.
A typical day at this work site was never dull. There is always some situation that needs to be dealt with. The ability to multitask and make decisive decisions was a must. The work environment had an unfriendly competitive atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was also the best part of the job, being busy through out the day kept me occupied and – more... satisfied with a hard days work. What I learned and appreciate about this website is how it taught me how to remain composed under pressure. – less
A busy workplace
Pros: decent pay and good work hours.
Cons: cut throat work environment.
Hotel Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: employee lunches
Cons: odd hours
decent employee meals

boat rides

employee holiday parties
Decent ''Job" but not to make a living
Master Security Officer (Former Employee), Antelope, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: people, full time, benefits.
Cons: pay, weather, dangerous at night.
Really boring, dangerous and underpaid is what this job is. Worked at a shopping center full of gangs and local thugs. Pay is decent but not enough to live on (rent, food, bills, gas). Advancement is nearly non-existant. Typical day consisted of being a guard dog without teeth for the local shops. Worst part is the cold and rain, as well as not being – more... armed with any kind of self defense weapons. Best part is getting to know shop workers and employees. It's a lonely job for the strong of mind. Would not recommend working here. – less
A Stepping-Stone Job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), Modesto, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: easily works around your preferred schedule
Cons: terribly mismanaged, distrustful of employees
NOTE: This review is based on experience at a single site, and is only an opinion related to my experience at this particular site. This does not speak for the whole company, as I have not experienced any other sites.

I first came into this position looking to make a difference. However, I quickly learned that trying to be anything but a scapegoat – more... here was next to impossible. Most people here keep their heads down and try to stay out of the way as they do their jobs. It was not what I expected.

A typical day at work for me starts at 10:30pm. I get in and immediately set about cleaning up everything the previous shift hasn't done, such as securing equipment properly, and making sure all doors are locked and cameras are on run patterns. From there, I monitor cameras, making sure nothing that violates the client's policy is happening. I make routine and random patrols, both inside and outside the building I'm assigned to. There are supposed to be two security officers here at night, yet I was solo for three days a week for two months in a row, and I've been solo five days a week for an entire month. Added to this is that neither the company nor the client provide any kind of protective gear.

This job has consisted of constantly identifying things that were breaking down or not working and having them ignored when they are brought up. The supervisors who have been here since the conversion from in-house security to AlliedBarton are obviously fatigued due to the politics and red tape present everywhere. The only people who actually take an interest in trying to improve morale and conditions are those who are new to the site. Management is completely distrustful, and is more interested in watching their security officers than watching the actual site. New security cameras keep appearing in areas that officers use, such as the CCTV room, equipment room, and security office, while other cameras for the site that are broken go neglected. "Yearly" performance reviews happen 8 months late, and many of us are told we are recommended for advancement and raises. Many of us have been told that several times, and have worked 3 and 4 years full time with no raises. Benefits are horrendous, with $2,000 to $3000 deductibles. One co-worker of mine was actually written up because he missed work due to a family emergency that involved his 6 year old son, and he had notified the supervisors when the situation came up. An assistant to the Account Manager was allowed to trash talk us and push her weight around, and later moved to a different site, promoted, and given a raise. This company needs help.

My co-workers are amazing people. They each have their quirks, like any person does, but we make a great team when we all work together. The supervisors for the most part try to take our concerns to heart, but their hands are constantly tied by what the higher-ups deem is important/ not important.

The hardest part of this job is noticing the things that need attention, and watching the place fall apart because no one is listening. I have been here less than 2 years, and I'm already Lincoln-3; I am the 3rd most senior officer on the staff. When your security force has a higher turnover rate than your JANITORIAL STAFF, you need to rethink what you're doing and how you're treating your people. I was offered a Supervisor position and politely declined. I see what the supervisors go through. No, thank you.

The greatest part of this job is easily the guest assistance. People can't start their cars, we can jump start them. People need escorts to their vehicles because it's dark outside, we can walk them or drive them there. People can't find their children, we find them and reunite the family. People get injured on property, we're right there with first aid, doing everything we can to make the person more comfortable or feel better. People get attacked, we're right there defending them. It's this part that has kept me here the longest- the ability to make a difference in the lives of those I come into contact with.

BOTTOM LINE: This position at this particular site is one of unimaginable frustration. I have not experienced any other AlliedBarton sites, so I can't speak for the company as a whole, but this particular site is grossly mismanaged, and employees are harrowed and abused. There is a reason I hide out on the night shift. – less
productive and busy environment
security guard (Former Employee), Warren, MINovember 21, 2014
wonderful staff and management. Very busy work schedules. Enjoyable clients and workplaces. Room for advancement and learning experiences withing the company
good environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tukwila, WANovember 21, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: not flexible
I enjoyed working with all my co workers that worked at the same site as me. Its been a great experience. Job was very professional and the most enjoyable part was working with my coworkers. That' s what i enjoyed the most, working with great people that i made friends out of.
ok
security supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
Very boring...i learned nothing..Management was ok..My co-workers was very social..The hard part was doing the same thing everyday..There was no enjoyable part of the job..
Fun workplace
Public safety ambassador (Former Employee), Camden, NJNovember 21, 2014
typical day at work consist of standing or walking for 8 hours. sometimes even riding a bicycle. I've learned while working there to have patience with others. Dealing with people out in the streets can get annoying sometimes but it was a great experience.
superviser/rover
Security Officer Supervisor/ Rover (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: no cons
a typical day at work was for me to rover around the city and supervise the other officers I learned to supervise and train employees and how to hirer and firer those who not following the rules and guidelines. management was great coworkers was respectful the hardest part of the job was to fire employees and the best was traveling around the city
Allied Barton is a great security company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee), Murray, UTNovember 20, 2014
Pros: they have allot of opportunities
Cons: pay is very low
AlliedBarton Security Services combines the right people, specialized training and the latest technology to provide exceptional security services and responsive support for clients of any size, in any business sector.

Providing you with the right security services answer means asking the right questions, listening to your needs and then tailoring a – more... solution that gives you peace of mind now and in the future. You won’t get just ANY answer— you’ll get the RIGHT answer. The AlliedBarton Answer.

Your program starts with local managers who anchor a team of well-trained security officers that monitors and patrols your facilities using the most effective methods and technologies. Continuous reporting and evaluation of security program effectiveness helps manage and guide your solution to deliver results and provide service enhancements when needed. – less
Allied Barton Security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: very good management
Cons: no increase in pay
I loved working at this company is was a great experience for me I learned a lot about deal with customers.
Good training, support from higher unimpressive
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee), New Philadelphia, OHNovember 19, 2014
ABSS has a very well put together online training program however, they could try a little harder to support there operations on the ground. Their staffing process needs some serious help to provide replacements when officers are lost.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos