AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 20, 2017
Working at Allied as a manager you are always on call. Something that I don't mind but you do not really get that much support from your fellow managers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low salary
Productive workplace with change for career advancement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 18, 2017
A typical day at Alliedbarton Security service was filled with fun and a supportive management with an open door policy and provided a chance for career advancement.
Pros
Bonuses
Work Day
Operation Assistant to the Tour Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10018November 18, 2017
Get plenty of sleep have a good breakfast and bring a good lunch and a clear mind to handle everything. It's not hard job but you just have to be ready.
Pros
You get to meet people in all profession
Cons
Make sure you don't get into any accidents
security
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  alabamaNovember 17, 2017
general security as any other place . . . very laid back and generally not very much to do when it comes to activities . just making sure the location and employees are asafe
Allied is actually a good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2017
Allied is actually a good company i may try in go back..they went through a rough period but overall its a good company to work for .Good management..
To be to fail ... and now bigger
Armed Staff Security Supervisor, Facilities (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32207November 16, 2017
What I saw over the administration was how was going to do the most money from all the accounts, squeezing the employees to the max. They were no incentive, nor promotion, and if any, they were giving to the "good all boys team - club." They treated the ladies employees as an "S" object with no respect. It was a heart breaking feeling I had all time at work. And the ladies really squired to be fired of their job. Very sad environment.
Interesting workday
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 15, 2017
As a security guard posted everywhere between parks and recreation centers, hospitals, and museums, there was never a dull moment. There were interesting events and company.
Pros
pretty laid back
Cons
couldn't leave post until next guard arrived
excellent Job
First Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 15, 2017
I enjoy working at the company,just recently my job,hours cut back,I am going from one site to another,just to get hours,I have been with this company for almost 5 years.i can't take care of my family on the hours I am getting.
Very fun place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Union, ORNovember 15, 2017
This company is a very fun place to work at. Met a lot of new people and learned a lot.

Was given a choice of where I wanted to work, I could go back and forth if I wanted to. My work schedule was very Flexible as well.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
There was no cons that I could tell
Great EXP
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 15, 2017
Working with Alliedbarton was fun at time but very difficult due to the location your at. Most of the job sights i was had i had to deal with homeless asking for hand outs and they tried to intimidate you with their actions and raising there voice but foe the most part if you could keep your cool it was a fun job as long as you treat them with respect even when they don't deserve it, they will remember that later on and not give you such a hard time when you ask them to leave.
Allied Universal
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2017
The pay is low here. For security to actually work and get paid the amount of money we do, there is no living off of it. It is so minuscule that you won't get to enjoy a paycheck before it's gone. You also have no vacation time, no paid time off, no sick days. They took away the benefits since the merge. The company seems to be going downhill. There is also very little room for career advancement. It is a stagnant job.
Not a place for a career
Security Officer/Reception (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
I would only suggest this Agency only for students that just graduated from High School or currently a College Student. If you need quick cash or just use as a stepping stone to a further your career elsewhere this place is for you.
Pros
Cons
Dont pay for vacation or sick day.
Great Company!
Regional Recruiter/ Account Relations (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJNovember 14, 2017
Allied is a very fast paced environment. They provide great opportunities for entry level employees, and help them build careers. I recommend this company!
Pros
Great Training
Cons
nine
Not Great
Executive Protection (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 14, 2017
It was as slow paced job with limited routes for advancement. The pay was fairly low with some ability to work over time to help raise that. Over all I would not recommend the company.
Management does not lookout for the employees. The contracting 'client' gets all the say-so and rules and procedures can be changed at any time.
Security Officer Level ll (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2017
I was banned from working with the 'mighty' Allied Universal because I couldn't get to the new site I was transferred to. Very selfish supervisors; Do not care about employees after we slaved for them.
Pros
Alot of overtime.
Cons
Without notice. REQUIRED to work overtime.
good forst place to work
security guard (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA 01821November 13, 2017
they help me get my security licence and were always willing to work with me over all good place to work if you want to gain experience as a security officer
Security Officer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2017
Really fun. Kept security at bay. Busy place that kept you on your toes. Making sure the building, surroundings and people were protected at all time. Customer service oriented.
Great Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 10, 2017
My day at work checking doors walking on property interior and exterior. Getting train for new post. Help out reception with guess or vendors to be escorted if needed.
Pros
nothing
Cons
a few breaks when available
If you are retired and want a sit down job this is for you,but a person who wants a more stable job...it is not.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 10, 2017
False hopes given. Intend to be overwhelmed,but only to find it is not what you think. Not treated like an employee just a body covering a position. Would not recommend.
Pros
6 hour days
Cons
When your 6 hour day turns to a 12 hour day because of so many call outs. And not good management.
Poor choice for a job
Master Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 9, 2017
After having worked for this company for close to a year and a half, I was still not pleased with it. The management staff ran their site so poorly that I felt that I was better off making my own decisions rather than listening to them.