AlliedBarton Security Services
2,251 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: site availability
Cons: benefits
Allied Barton was a great place to work, granted you got a good site.
A great place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2014
Logging in guest, Assisting employees with badges. Over all a fun workplace.
Good company to work for.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: very good training.
Cons: reluctant to question clients when necessary.
The ongoing or continuous training at this company was great. You are kept up to date and prepared for any and all security situations. The company did not support me when the Bank of New York arbitrarily wanted to transfer me to the ground zero site against my wishes.
Great for my schedule
Security Officer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Worked with my schedule of working only part-time. I was able to work the weekends where my wife worked during the week so our daughter never had to have daycare.
Help when needed, comfortable seats
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 7, 2014
Typical day consisted of arrival and clock in, set up of work station and preparation of monitors. The job consisted of helping employees on site with clocking in if they missed the allotted time to do so and answering and dispatching security officers to certain sites upon request of the client.
the management and co-workers were very help full when – more... it came to assisting me with answers to the questions that I may have had about the job.
the hardest thing about the job was the set up, it was pretty much you and a few other individuals sitting in front of two computer monitors with minimal interaction til your shift was over(with the exception of breaks).
Being able to sit was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. – less
Enjoyable atmosphere and great co workers.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: you get to be at the facility of a large corporation
Cons: mangement.
A normal day would be access control (checking people in for visits), patroling the facilities, other duties as assigned.

I have learned a lot. I have grown with this company.

Management is interesting. I feel as though they say one thing and do another thing at times. I feel as though they don't listen at times. I don't mean to say they aren't trying – more... I feel as though they "skip" to conclusions before I even get a chance to explain.

The hardest part of my job would have been the frustration and everything encountered with mangement and getting things going.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the diversity of people who came in. I also enjoyed the different tasks assigned. – less
Responsible for minimizing business risks and reducing inventory shortages
LOSS PREVENTION AGENT (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2014
• Responsible for minimizing business risks and reducing inventory shortages.
• Provide outstanding customer service for patrons and merchants
• Excellent written and verbal communication with all internal and external clients.
• Ability to respond efficiently to crisis situations while remaining professional and solution focus
needs improvement
Security officer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: overtime is available and its a smooth schedule
Cons: management seems confuse at times
Its a good job the pay is low but can be better overall. benefits need to be better and the union does nothing to help. hopefully it changes. the pay is not something someone can live of off if you have a family. but if you going to school its good.
NIce Co workers and very easy job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 4, 2014
Pros: very easy i had a choice to take a break when i want
Cons: i didn't like the shift time and it was too far from where i live
I call the Call In number to clock in then I scan my ID to get through the Gate that leads the inside of the warehouse. I walk over to the a scale which weighs the product that the employees bring over and place the freight onto the scale and I scan the barcode that is on the package then I place a sticker on it to let the employees know that it has – more... already been scan by me. After that I step back as the scale scans and takes a picture of the freight. – less
Productive and fun place where students interact.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2014
A typical day working at the Georgia Tech library with security is very fun. I communicate with my coworkers and the students a lot. I learned that I always have to have patience no matter what situation occurs.
To gain long term employment with a company that is on or looking to be on the cutting edge, a company that puts value on people and the products they
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2014
receive and count stock items and record data manually or using computer prepare document such as work order and bills of lading. i like my co-workers with get alone great
Typical Day
Security Officer (Current Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 3, 2014
Arrives to work fifteen minutes early puts lunch away. Greets fellow co workers and logs into work station.Ready and alert to take on task for the day. I learned to remain positive through the busiest times of the day. Ask for direction when needed and confide in a manager for uplifting encouragement. Co- workers are friendly and understands how to – more... work as a team.In fact , the most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers because they will always lend a hand. The hardest part of the job is getting through a difficult work load within a small time frame. Second, most enjoyable part of the job is when work is accurate and completed. Also,management is there for everyone and ensures support. – less
this company sucks
Security Officer (Former Employee), philadelphia, paAugust 2, 2014
this company sucks. i was jobless for 9 months because the recruiters were too lazy to find me another site
Competitive work environment
Security (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 2, 2014
Provide security for various buildings in the NY metro area. Nice staff and management.
High Tech Security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 31, 2014
Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures
Review
Security Officer (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJJuly 31, 2014
Pros: always working
Cons: never any better oppurtunities
No Comment. They could be a better company and offer better job opportunities and growth for employees.
allied barton
Gallery Attendant (Current Employee), wilshireJuly 31, 2014
company is very profesional and treats there employees with respect.
Allied Barton as a whole!
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 31, 2014
I have a problem with Allied Barton being of their word. Our original company transitioned to Allied Barton and it was not an easy transition. We lost a lot of good officers because Allied Barton made it that hard for them to come abroad. Not good!
Good place to work at and all teram players.
Assistant Director of Security (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2014
Loved the environment setting and great values within all the coworkers.
Great working with client but some of the fellow workers were biased , disrespectful and created a hostile work environment.
Security officer (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great client, good pay
Cons: the caliber of people the security industry unfortunately attracts.
Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, I worked as a security officer from 2009 to 2011 at the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington, D.C., just blocks from the White House. This bank, 12 stories tall and occupying almost an entire city block, was responsible for the transmittal of development aid and employed people from a wide range of countries – more... around the world. This site required top security procedures due to its location, visibility, and international nature.

I currently hold an Illinois PERC card and 20-hour training certificate. – less

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos