AlliedBarton Security Services
3,125 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Slight growth potential with high overtime opportunities
Security Guard (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch breaks
Cons: Strict rules that change often
A great company that is known around the nation. The sites I've been to were laid back and employees have been pretty helpful to new officers. Management could use some help as far as the thought behind new memos. The hardest part is being able to multi task while keeping up the highest customer service. At the same time its the most enjoyable because the people we provide customer service for treat us with the most respect.
N/A
Console Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2015
Assisted and greeted tenants and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
Monitored the console, lobby areas, CCTV cameras, and Fire Panel for any discrepancies.
Performed Intercom checks once per shift with assistance from roving officer.
Answered incoming telephone calls.
Observed and reported any suspicious activity.
Activated, deleted, and transferred building access cards for tenants/contractors using IDentiPass PLUS system.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Pay, Schedules, People
Cons: Union not that great
Working for Allied Barton was one of the best jobs I have had. It was very tough to move from there. The benefits financially & the people were amazing. I enjoyed going to work everyday & the schedules made life more fun & relaxing.
Very good benefits and hours
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Francisco, CaJune 11, 2015
Pros: Concrete hours and respectful clients
Cons: No breaks, only guard on site
A typical day working for Allied Barton I was required to interact with business owners and make them feel safe in any situation. I also had to patrol a very large property every 30 minutes ensuring no windows or doors were broken or ajar. Overall it was a great work experience for someone looking for full-time demanding work. I enjoyed feeling needed on my job sites.
Growth and Productivity
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Working as a Security officer for Allied Barton Security Services I've learned to be very observant and proactive. The daily tasks has to be conducted in an orderly fashion. I worked as unit with my coworkers by communicating about current events and giving daily updates throughout the tour. The hardest part of the job was when messages weren’t transpired efficiently from officer from the previous shift and a lot of times you are to use your own judgment provide efficient customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking annual MSO (Master Security Officer) exams to reach a higher ranking. Throughout my experience as a security officer I was granted the opportunity to become a Security Supervisor.
Allied Barton work experience
Security Officer/ Doorman (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: stable finacialy
Cons: unstable work cites.
Allied Barton was an experience I used to get through college. It was stable and gave me the ability to go to college and have classroom time because I was able to work overnight.
Work Enviroment
Concierge (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Nice place to work,I learn a lot about security.Management is very open to listen about security issues.The hardest part is not make a bi g mistake and keep the employees safe.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2015
A typical day at Allied Barton for me consisted a 40 hour work week. I would start off my day by getting to work 20min before my shift started. Do a full patrol round of the building checking each floor, security equipment, and fire alarms along with the normal building alarms.
While working at Allied Barton I learned how to work different kinds of security cameras, and alarm systems. I was under good management while working their and was able to develop a good working relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part about working their was dealing with the different attitude of people that would come in and out of the building to visit their love ones.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for Allied Barton it was a great experience. Working for this company I really learned a lot about customer service and being able to help others. Having leaders that really love what they do and they are willing to help you get to their level was a great feeling. I can't wail until they call me back for the season.
good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
good place to work, rewarding knowing your helping people feel safe. Main office management is very helpful. Many locations to choose from that best fits your area and schedule. Competitive pay.
Nice company to work with
Security Guard (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 9, 2015
Great job. Answer phone allowing people in and out the company. Management didn't bother you if you did your job. Coworkers were very nice and we all pulled together to get the job done
Great transitioning employment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great flexibility with the schedule
Cons: Management is not very supportive
Responsible for the safety and security of students and faculty of Drexel University. Duties included patrolling several facilities owned by Drexel University which consists of the main campus as well as the medical buildings throughout the Philadelphia area. Instructed to check the maintenance of fire safety devices, automobile damage, monitoring the behavior of visitors to the different facilities, as well as a number of other responsibilities.
Low pay but gauranteed hours
Security Officer (Former Employee), 1235 North loop W Fwy #400, Houston, TX 77008June 8, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: Low pay
I learned most of my security experience from this job. The pay wasn't all that great, but I did manage to make a decent income for myself via working overtime. I never really had any serious issues with this company. But the only thing that I didn't like besides the hourly pay was the fact that I never got a raise over 50 cents.
different sites, different work experiences
Security Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 8, 2015
The work experience varies depending on the job site and what the client wants out of the officer. Management wasnt very helpful due to finding hours and new work sites that will fit with personal life.
Allied Barton was a great company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 8, 2015
this was a great company to work for ,I've been with them almost six years ,but now I'm not getting any hours ,and I have not receive a raise in 3 years so its time to move on
Awesome company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), Kemah, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: Education and advancement
Cons: No cons
Very professional with opportunity for growth. I earned several certifications in a short period of time. This is available to all employees at work on at your on pace.
Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 8, 2015
Great company to work for. Everyone is very friendly and out going. When ever there is a problem, a manager was there to help aleviate the situation quickly.
Good Company
Security Guard (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 7, 2015
Allied Barton is a very good company to work for, I've worked with a lot of good people, and i've gotten a lot of experience so i can move further into the law enforcement field
Its a JOB
Armed Guard (Current Employee), Richmond,VAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: low pay/ no advancement
Job could be better if Management and supervision had more concern for employee work life balance. High turnover and average salary. low efficiency. subjective to management experience other sites may be different. Strongly doubt it though. Hard to get day off and threatened with termination is not a good way to manage.
n/a
Security Officer at Voorhees Town Center (Current Employee), voorhees njJune 5, 2015
typical day at work you do three jobs cctv/dispatch, foot patrol, vehicle patrol. all consist of observing and reporting. i have learned the functions of each position and responsibilities, also to better my customer service. management needs some improvement because they don't really communicate effectively when it come to need to know matters, on the other hand management is great and making a schedule. my co-workers seem to not want to work together, almost like they are just there to get paid and not care about the rest. the hardest part of the job i would say is having to be involved in an incident and making a decision that would get you fired due to lack of effective training and communication. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and making them feel secure.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Salaries