AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
Keeping track of the amount of money owed out to other vendors. Accurately up-to-date records of accounts including processing Payroll, Inventory, Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations.
Awesome place to work
Asst. Security Director (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 19, 2017
I really missed this company, they had some of the best regional directors, and security director. The staff would've never been able to disrespect the supervisor without the intervention of the security director. The staff never came in late without advance notice. This company was the best.
Pros
Friednly, Very customer oreinted, Well respected .
Cons
Hated to see them lose the contract
Unproductive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 18, 2017
This is NOT a good company to work for at all. The management does not back the employees at all. They are only about there bonus and who cares about any one else. You don't get any raises or vacation.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Security work attracts different characters. Some adapt to the program and some don't.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2017
Security work depends on the individual. There are many different sites with different post orders. Security companies are always in need of officers. Security sites can be office buildings, industrial, or residential. I was given a residential site where I opened and closed, and was trusted to take the keys home. I went to Allied Barton from ABM Security as a suggested upgrade from the union representative. I stayed at the same site until two months before I resigned/retired. In the 52 months at Allied Barton I had perfect attendance and worked extra shifts when needed.
At Bayporter Express Shuttle as a driver my main concern was the safe delivery of my customers which was expressed through driving skill. Many passengers went to sleep on the way to the airport. After 9/11 Bayporter discontinued hourly pay and all drivers were paid on commission. This was the main reason I left for a guaranteed hourly rate in security work. Bayporter was an excellent company with excellent equipment. Management was three owner/partners who gave a personal touch. Major holidays for those who worked included all day catered food.
Pros
The responsibilty and satisfaction from protecting people and property.
Cons
Variable attitudes.
Decent place to work
Secuirty Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2017
It was a decent place to work. I performed my job function without any problems. I would recommend this job to other people looking for some extra money to make.
Allied is very competitive fast pace work environment
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2017
Overall I really enjoyed my employment at Allied. However my site supervisor was very unprofessional and I believe that was due to the competitiveness of the position.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
poor management
productive work place
Security officer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 18, 2017
Great work placement days of work were always great data entry report writing. One enjoyable part of work the type of people you encounter on a day to day.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
lack of commucations some times.
Decent work environment
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 18, 2017
If you're able to get along with the client showing mutual respect for their culture and mannerisms the job environment is really nice. Management is lacking but the job site is not very busy and can be relaxed most days.
Pros
Being able to supervise yourself
Cons
The management seemed to be missing or hard to reach often
It was okay
Dispatcher / Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
they company didn't pay as much money but the management was alright sometime. I feel at time the company could have been a little better at time . the work was alright
Pros
Not at all
Cons
Bad Place
work is work
Patrol officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2017
It was just as hard as any other job's opticals you may face for 9.25 an hour. Management has anger issues but its similar to any other company. Its ok to start
off if you can deal with people. If not then security is not for you.
Allied Universal
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work is usual very busy I work at John's Hopkins University. There is usual a lot of different types of people I encounter everyday. Everyone is very nice and pleasant. I learned how to be very visual and aware working security and how to deal with different people. The management here is very helpful and gets things done. The best part of my job is all the people I get to encounter and talk to on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch from events
Cons
no healthcare or dental
Got to work on time, started my job.
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Montrose, MOOctober 16, 2017
Got to work on time, started my job. The workplace culture is very nice, helpful. The hardest part was the travel time. The most enjoyable part was helping others.
slow-paced work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wharton, WVOctober 16, 2017
Although I enjoyed my position at this company, it was a slow paced work environment. I was placed at an old mine site. There was no other workers at this site except those of us on security detail. We were required to observe and report.
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 16, 2017
Low pay considering you are providing security for businesses. Some locations as low as 9/hr. Would have to stay on post until relief arrived. Some procedures were lacking in common sense.
Jonie Johnson-McGowan
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2017
Fast paced environment and a learning environment. Fun experience with hard working co workers that excelled the highest expectations of working individually and as a team
unorganized work staff
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2017
ok place to work depending on the site.big coropate compmy easy to get swpet under the rug by poor manigment problemes.work schedule also can change or site
Good company
Security Guard / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 15, 2017
I have not had any major issues with this company..good hours..good accounts..and helpful Account management..i worked for them in NJ..and recently reapplied in NY
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
No go
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2017
Not a good company. Management is very slow and sorry. Theyvalso took my 401k. Site supervisor don't do any work. They just sit and watch the cctv camera why u the one out patrolling and actually doing security
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
no future
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 14, 2017
I worked at the American Tobacco Campus. I will NEVER work for this company again. Officers that are in a higher position abused their authority. Very immature worksite.
Meh
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 14, 2017
The leadership lacks communication and sometimes the scheduling is a pain in the butt and sometimes unfair to others. There would be a schedule change and no one would inform the security guards.