AlliedBarton Security Services
3,015 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Company not concerned about employees.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oshkosh wisconsinMay 4, 2015
Pros: Regular raises until officer attained maximum pay. Oppotunities for overtime.
Cons: No performance standards.
ABSS does not care about their Security Officers. We're just "another head in the shed". At the account that I worked at for 8 years, communication was almost nonexistent. Also, there was no maintaining of work standards. Lazy or inept employees were rarely talked to. Although there were quarterly reviews, popular officers were given high scores regardless of their actual performance. In addition, conflicts were allowed to fester. Shift supervisors did little to resolve disagreements unless a larger problem arose.
Good company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: Easy job, advancement oportunities, Set schedule
Cons: down time
AlliedBarton carries various security positions. All with the opportunity to excel. I came on with the company with zero security experience and yet with in a short period of time with the help of my superiors with in six months I developed the skill to move up to a better position. You get a set schedule every week. Co-workers are what they are. You get along with some and some not so much, but that's pretty much expected anywhere you go. Hardest part of this job is the down time and keeping your self awake.
Nice atmosphere to work around, and friendly customers and coworkers to work around.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDMay 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be doing what we do best is observe and report and protect life and property. I've learned how to be responsible, hard working, patience, and getting to know the general public. Management is good. My coworkers are great to work around, they are team players and fun to work around. The hardest part is walking around for a long period of time keeping yourself busy when its a slow day. I love working with the general public and helping others.
Very dry
Security Officer (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMay 3, 2015
A typical day for me is working an 8 hour shift watching tv. Just sitting down not having to do a tour around the building isn't fun or makes me feel like I'm doing anything.
Well Managed and Family Oriented
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: Family oriented
Cons: None
Great management and well organized. Loved my co-workers they were like family. I have no complaints. Easy to adjust to, hardest part of the job would be leaving because you never want to go home. If you were having a bad day, and you enter this place you would forget about the negative in your day.
Not a great place to work, but a okay place to work
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 3, 2015
I was told while i attended orientation with Allied Barton Security that I would be able to transfer to another contract after 6 months of employment, that did not happen i worked 32 hours a week, when a 40 hour a week schedule came available it was given to a new employee that i had to train, i was scheduled to work every holiday when that hoilday fell on my day off. and I worked every weekend. I can't live off a 32 hour a week job at a pay rate of $ 9.50 per hour. My work schedule is 3-11pm two day 7-3pm two day.
A good security company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYMay 3, 2015
A good security company to work for. For what I have already experience, a decent reliable company. Be willing to learn new ways of doing things and be sure you are serious about working in the security enforcement field.
Contract Security a tough business
Contract Security (Current Employee), TNMay 3, 2015
Pros: Overtime available
Cons: Overtime when unprepared
A decent profession to make money if willing to put in time. Must be available all times of day and week. Great for college student or older person.
Not a good place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2015
This particular job was a bridge while I was in transition and attending the chaplaincy intern at Emory University. I don't have much good say about Allied Barton. My experience with this security firm and its management was not favorable...
Allid Barton
shift supervisor (Current Employee), washington dcMay 2, 2015
Allied Barton is a great company to wok for. i recommand and encourage sekers look ing for jobs to apply within the company they allow you strength of growth and enhance your skills to progressive
just my job
Security Officer/ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 2, 2015
productive day at work each day I meet new employees and the most enjoyable part of my day working with great co workers!!!
Like any security postition
Lobby Security / Lab Security (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 1, 2015
Like any security posititons the benefits could be better especially depending where you are posted, and a better schedule but overall a good company
My Job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 1, 2015
Well paying job to the site employed, Employees very professional and very friendly. Recommend this job to anyone looking for a job in the health field
Great Environment
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee), Hapeville, GAMay 1, 2015
Very fast pace and family oriented. The hardest part is signing visitors in all at once and being out on the lane in different types of weather.
Observed and Report
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good about finding jobs for an Officer who was displaced
Cons: Low Pay
As for a Security company, I have worked for a number of Security Companies and they are all the same so far and I have been with the Security Field since 1969. All I can say is that it is a job. Some Security Companies do offer more schooling in Security than others. Allied Barton did offer more classes than most.
oilfield eqipment site
Security Officer (Current Employee), Victoria, TXApril 30, 2015
Well paying job to the site employed, Employees very professional and very friendly. Recommend this job to anyone looking for a job in the oilfield jon
Multitasking and relaxing work of security business.
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: free dinner, long break, alone time
Cons: there are no cons
A day at work for me is quite relaxing. The 4-12 shift is pretty easy because at that time incoming calls lessen up and not much is going on. I have learned the shelter intake process and discharge along with rules and regulations the clients have to follow. My co-workers are pretty cool and are peoples person because of their job description of always interacting with people. Sometimes the roughest part of the day is the morning. Phones are ringing off the hook. If you can not multitask it will be a little difficult to get your other work done. My favorite part is communicating with the different type of people here. Knowing there background race country language etc.
This job was real critical
Sergeant (Former Employee), Ho, TxustonApril 30, 2015
My day start at 7 in the morning sometimes it's hard to get up, but when I arrive to work I am ready. I have learned that you have to play by others rules not what you think is right but what they think. I learned to get there on time to review any things that need to be done. Ask the manager if there's anything special that need to be revised. Management was always help full . Some of my co-workers are a joy and some are just that co-worker. The hardest part of the job is not having the team work that you need and require. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients to walk in their rooms and make them happy is really all that matter to me.
professional
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Very professional work environment. Friendly staff and co- workers. Its a great experience, and you're always leaning on the go.
dieverse community
security officer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
the best job i have ever had so far this job shows me alot of things that i need to know in life great experince. allied barton is a good comapny to work for because you make you dress like a busniess man

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Salaries