AlliedBarton Security Services
2,889 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services United States Employee Reviews

Working with my clients and security officers
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: staffing
A typical day would involve training, improving client relations. Problem solving and safety program implementation and maintenance. Also update payroll daily for the system to download on Fridays.
Poorly managed company
Security Guard/Supervisor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Over-time
Cons: Wages, Management, Work Environment, Uniforms, Customers and Clients
An oppressive management that demeans and belittles it's employees on a daily basis.

Berating valued long term employees and threatening them with the loss of their jobs at every turn makes this work environment extremely stressful and uncomfortable.

Non-competitive wages for the amount of work and dedication you are forced to put in every day.
Security Services
Security Officer & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2015
The job requires offering great Customer Service and Focus. Always smile. Under promise but over deliver.
GROWTH
RESPONSIBILITY
EMPOWERMENT
ACHIEVEMENT
TRUST
Ok place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Pay for some of college
Cons: Bad management
Manage could have been a lot better. There was a lot of unfairness that went on. Benefits were good and I they allowed you the opportunity to go to college and they would pay for your tuition if the degree pertained to law enforcement.
A great place to work and staff was great to work with
Minute Maid Coca Cola Guard-shack (Former Employee), Tampa flMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free soda and free OJ
Cons: not having any weekends off
Working 2nd shift was a good shift to work 2p-10p i learned alot working for allied.The managment was good and coworkers was team players
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: Stand up Post for 8-12 hours.
Provided a decent place to work, enjoyed working with the public,team work was critical and essential,co-workers were very helpful,hardest part of the job was dealing with violent patients,the most enjoyable part of the day was helping people.
On the job.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAMarch 27, 2015
There was some down time with this job. That is some routine training both on the computer and group and individual training. Don't get me wrong, the computer and one on one or group training alike would be valuable for basic training and awareness in terrorism or what to do in nature disasters; but it was nice to get away from the daily routine.

The shift manager, the employees, and the property manager were all for the most part pleasant to work for. A typical day at work would involve some patrolling of the common areas as well as checking some restricted areas such as electrical rooms and dealing with guests or the traditional customers and the merchants with their inquiries.
Job
Security Officer (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 27, 2015
This job is good for anyone that wants to learn something new or that would like to improve. you can grow in this job if you do what is asked of you.
excellent communication with employees
Security Officer (Shift Supervisor) (Current Employee), Orrville, J M SmuckersMarch 26, 2015
This company i have noticed is an excellent one to work for. They are very forth coming with information, make every attempt to work with there employees with any situations that may come up within their personal life.
love they way they handle things
Security Officer (Current Employee), Sandy SpringsMarch 26, 2015
Great Security company, everyone makes sure you need what you need to work and be comfortable, anything i asked for i got it with no problems, my account manger made sure that we was treating fair.
never badmouth an employer
Security Gurard (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2015
Cons: had to punch out for lunch every night or day we worked
I worked as a security Guard and it was my job to patrol a parking lot overnight for 7.5 hours and make sure there is no problems within lot for owners of property.. any vehicle left there I would write plate number down and enter it in a program called RISK 360 and it would be transmitted to management of lot and they would decide what and if anything was to be done
Work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
I stayed at the company as long as i did because of my account manger. Once she told me she no longer was working quit. Depending on what site you're working at it can be a good or bad experience.
Cool Starter Security Job
Cascades Security Gate Officer (Current Employee), West palm beach, flMarch 25, 2015
It's a okay place to work if you are just received your Security D or G license. Management is okay and I learn a lot while working as a gate officer. Typical day is me resting or trying to rest during the day to work at night. The location I was assigned to is really fun. The hardest part about what i do is trying to stay up and functional.
Productive evironment
Officer, 2012 (Former Employee), cincinnati, ohioMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: Too strict about everything small thing
The day in's and out's are very busy in the heart of the city constant responders and constant learning day to day. Management is strictly there for the site only and the co workers are all hard working and talented employees. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the clients needs and demands and the most enjoyable part is the city atmosphere.
Strict but great work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free food
Great site but to many eyes on the wrong people. A day can either go by really fast or really slow. The management was okay i feel they can do a better job due to the site I am at
they are good
Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2015
I believe that alliedbarton is an amazing company to work for. Everyone is nice, and they love to help if you have any questions
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fast paced workplace which i like
Cons: some days your so busy you may not get to break on time.
I like it at Allied barton, because you have to be fast paced and able to multitask. You have to have great customer service skills and able to provide the information the customer needs.
Good
Supervisor (Current Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 25, 2015
Allied Barton Security Services is a good company to work for to get your "foot in the door" in relation to joining a security team.
Good Organization
Senior Special Police Officer / The World Bank (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good overtime.
Cons: Cant keep officers due to military style management.
Not likely to advance. Too strict on employees. This is not the Military. Supervision act like their baby sitters. You cant move without first raising your hand to ask permission.
A typical day at work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Doing lunches walking around giving other security officer there lunch not being assigned to a post.
Cons: short lunch breaks
The hardest part about my job is working over night. I have to stay up all night an in to the morning. My co workers was assigned to different locations I mainly work alone after relieving the security officer at my assigned post. The most enjoyable part is being able to walk around checking things. making sure my post area is secure, and the people around my location are secure. Doing my job right was the fun part for me.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Salaries