AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,633 reviews matching the search
Secured Deptford Mall
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 17, 2016
My job was to walk around the Deptford Mall and make shore that no unwanted actions was occuring. I would help woth medical calls as need and shoplifting, I would help customers find stores or there cars in the parking lot. I would write a report about any active that I had to help with during this sift.
Pros
Nice work envoirment
Cons
No health insurce
Typical operation for the new security environment
Field Inspector/ Salt River Project (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2016
Slow advancement opportunities. I have worked here for over four years. It has been a horrible place to work. The management constantly bully their guards. Management is clickish. They do not like promoting from within even if the person is qualified.
Pros
On lower levels pleasant work.
Cons
On higher levels to much is expected from employees.
good
TSI Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2016
This is a good school to work for. Everyone is nice and the customers are respectful as well as the supervisors. I enjoyed my time here and would work here again if the pay was to increase.
not much room for advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 14, 2016
• Supervised employees and assisted in the hiring and training process
• Managed retail operations and handled bank deposits
• Answered telephone and set schedules
• Reviewed store order documents for accuracy
Okay
service and assist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2016
I patrol the Hennepin Libraries on foot. Then hardest part of this job is pleasing people I talk too. Co-workers are fun to work with.
positive workplace
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Very challenging at first to learn every job duty required. My manager and co-worker made it very clear what they expected out of me and took the time to train me until I perfected the job I was able to learn a lot of computer functions along with proper telephone etiquette. Overall loved having this opportunity to work with this company and meeting so many great people.
Pros
manager was very family orriented and understanding of outside responsibilties
Cons
not a lot of room for growth with this company
very active and always ready to detect and deter all my surroundings
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 13, 2016
Protect property and lives by patrolling the area.
Monitor entrance of property through surveillance.
Identify visitors and ask for appropriate documents.
Guard against theft and maintain security.
Respond to alarms and calls of distress.
Stop suspicious people and ask for identification.
Investigate thefts and file police reports.
Call for aid if necessary.
Use walkie-talkies, pagers, and cell phones to stay in contact with security personnel.
Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
Report rule infractions and violations.
Pros
always on my feet
Cons
quiet areas
lot of interesting jobs
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2016
Good job experience get to work in just all of the silicon valley companies and learn many job descriptions.The culture is diverse and fun to work with.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Pay and benefits are poor
The perfect environment to get started in the criminal justice field.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 12, 2016
This is a physically/mentally demanding job but it is only as difficult as one makes it. Maintaining a level of physical fitness is the most important aspect of this job and staying sharp with a weapon is paramount
Pros
weapon, uniforms
Cons
no bullet-proof vests
Very poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 11, 2016
Was with ABSS for 2 months, check was wrong 2 different times. Took a month to get pay straight the 1st time. Management show absolutely no respect and treats you like work is the only thing you have going on in your life. Was originally hired under one job number and never got the training for it, instead was used as a fill in under another number. I read these other reviews and am very disappointed in my experience cause was really looking forward to working for ABSS. I hope noone has the misfortune of this certain account "manager".
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Management, cheap uniforms
At work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I love to work with different types of people,help and always enjoy the company. As a Security Officer we have the responsibility to help and support.
Site Supervisor
SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2016
Clerical and management. Never enough staff. Babysitting grown adults. Too much religion throughout the company. The culture of the people seem too rooted in religious beliefs and seemed to get in the way of work at times. Work ethic seems very lacking with most of the employees. Those that did work ended up on the worst shifts because they could work alone. Too many call outs for various reasons. Not a good work environment for me. I like management they were all very nice and good people. The level of employees was not what it could have been.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Employees did not have good work ethics
all places I worked at were fun
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2016
work needs to be fun and I had a lot of fun times the boss the team the hours the building management employees in the building my co workers my uniform to the T
security. work
Site supervisor/ HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 8, 2016
this job does not have room for advancement they don't pay good and management shows favoritism they are very unprofessional
Very nice company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day would have been me coming in for my shift and talking to the officer I was relieving. He would do pass down information with me that I needed to know for my shift. I would then fill out the paperwork that was required of a Lead Officer. A visit to the Account Manager's office was next. I would discuss with him the activities of the day and anything that he required of my shift to do. The rest of the shift would be driving around the facility and answering phone calls from the Safety Department and various employees asking for things. Special hazard areas would need to be checked for anything unlocked. Also visited with other posts to make sure everything was ok.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
bad weather
Gained lots of experience
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoyed this job for the most part. I worked at a hospital to begin with where I made some life long friends. I then began working as a armed security guard where the pay was much better.
Pros
Experience
Cons
pay
Protect and ensure facilities are maintained with high quality security services to protect people and their property. Build and maintain effective re
Security & Investigations Officer (Current Employee) –  Coventry RIJanuary 6, 2016
Great Job and company, with helpful employees and their services. Patrol facilities, monitor CCTV, and provide access control.
A very easy place to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 6, 2016
I walk the warehouse checking for unlocked doors and any other problems that might arise. I enjoy my co-workers they are nice people. There really isn't a hard part of my job, The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I'm keeping the people safe.
Pros
Get to meet lots of nice people
Cons
Dont always have time for a break
Supervised and maintained organization
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 5, 2016
Help make sure that the college of Western Idaho was a safe environment. Locked and unlocked a lot of doors. Escort people to assigned destinations often.
good place to work at
Shift Supervisor/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJanuary 5, 2016
Day to day changes due to environment and location of site when assigned to it. Make job was know and where i needed to apply myself. Coworker had faith in skills but never backup employees when needed too. Making person leave into the cold even though they didn't belong or holding hostel patients down.Making people smile and helping whenever possiable
Pros
launch time breaks
Cons
no breaks when it came to busy days, no one backs you