AlliedBarton Security Services

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,032 reviews matching the search
Great Benefits but it's hard to advance at my location.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806April 21, 2016
I have been working for Allied Barton Security Services for awhile. I love the benefits that Allied Barton Offers. I'm having trouble with job advancement within the company. The locations that I currently and have worked at in the past, made it really hard to advance with the company. I been with the company for almost 8 yrs, I feel like I should have advanced or at least a small pay raise. Again, I can't speak for other Allied Barton contracts, just the ones where I was or currently work.
Ridicious
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2016
There is no room for advancement, there are issues with payroll if you work overtime. You have to fight with them to pay you for the time you've worked overtime and it still may take a month or two before you are paid and the Account Manager will come and pay you in cash. That's bad business. Not only are you stealing from me but the government as well.
Pros
Its easy work
Cons
No pay increase
Depending on placement, there can be an incredible high turnover rate
Digital Reality Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
I enjoyed the position as well as the customers but when it came to management and staffing, there's a lot of room for improvement. There's a need for seeking better qualified employees rather than focusing on quantity.
Pros
More possibilities of moving up in the company
Cons
You are expected to work every holiday
Poor work ethic
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 19, 2016
I need to leave here do to the drive is to long the pay is to low and the level of effort put in to anything from anyone is just about none. I came here thinking/knowing this is not a life time job but I could learn something here. I was wrong, I am more or less punished because I am early always sharp from head to toe and I can put up with anyone at any site. What this turned into was I went to all the harder or less desirable locations and worked with the laziest people.
Its a fun, productive place to work for.
Swing Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 19, 2016
Overall, it's has it's up's and down's. In the begining, when I applied for Allied Barton Security, it was a fun, laid back place to work in. We all knew our jobs, and we all enjoyed ours jobs. We recieved praises, rewards on our work, but towards the end it all changed. Allied has a lot of unfair rules.
Pros
I was blessed to work the that length of time.
Cons
Wrongful Terimnation
just a job
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2016
Very easy at most sites, do not forget to do something that is on your check list or you may be removed or fired. Always keep your eyes on the cameras, building, and patrons. You must work and pretend like your being paid well (average site is $8.50-9.00) or you will be terminated or removed from the site only to end up at another site not of your choosing which could be upwards of 30 miles away from the last post.
Pros
Pay check was always on time and didnt have to clock out for lunch
Cons
pay and benefits.
Patrol 1 Officer, Dock operator, console officer
Master Dock Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2016
Supervise security officers in daily routines
Patrol inside and outside of corporations
Monitor CCTV cameras
Track daily activities
Microsoft Office Suites
Input vehicles & clients into database daily
Customer Service
CPR, AED & First Aid Certified
Answer phones & greet guest
45 WPM
Patrolled floors - being proactive.
Security Officer (Duke University) (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 2, 2016
Allied Barton Security Services gave me the opportunity to put my degree to use which was a Bachelors in Criminal Justice. A typical day at work for me is using my senses on the campus of Duke University, observing and patrolling all assigned areas. Maintaining a safe environment for the faculty, staff and students on the campus itself.
Benefits
Cons
Great workplace that promotes internal visibility
ATS System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 20, 2016
I love working at AlliedBarton Security Systems. The collaborative environment promotes employee growth, learning, and there is tons of visibility with top level management. It is unfortunate that the company is undergoing a merger however I hope they keep the same culture!
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Cost of benefits
Great starter job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2016
A typical day as a security guard for Allied Barton included: site patrols, posting at the security desk to assist site management, tenants & visitors. Filling out & filing daily activity reports as well as reporting to site management. I learned to be flexible with working as a security guard for Allied Barton. Co-workers were interesting individuals. The hardest part of the job was receiving late notice or no-call no-show notice by relieving security guards. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the faces of the tenants brighten every day when I said good morning &/or have a good evening.
Pros
Fun customer service driven job.
Cons
Pay & benefits.
Love this job when I am on my own
Transit Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2016
I found this job to be amazing at first and if you want to get what a taste of being a police officer is like this is the go to job! that being said the people in charge of hiring drop their standards all the time and when it comes to get a promotion you could be turned down every time for a dozen different reason. I would place very little faith in any rank up Lieutenant.
Pros
Great breaks, tons of customer service and interesting calls
Cons
No promotion standards, no benefits, no set policies.
Great place to start a career in security.
Security Guard at T. Rowe Price (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 9, 2016
As a Security Officer I act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions. I’m responsible for detecting suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post, which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests, or employees at the site. Additionally I’m responsible for the safety and security of the facilities I protect.
Pros
Work was relatively easy.
Good Starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJApril 8, 2016
Working for Allied Barton has given me the best experience possible. You really learn a lot about how to deal with the public and many stressful situations that come with the job. A typical day at work is usually making patrols around the mall making sure everything stays peaceful. Security here normally deals with fights, lost vehicles, medical emergencies, lost persons, parking enforcement, police assistance, small fires, large scale crowds etc. I work with many highly experienced co-workers who know how to handle the public.
Pros
Close to home, great employees, large work area
Cons
Low pay, benefits
It's a decent place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 18, 2016
Typical security work - regular unit checks, monitoring access and cameras.

Management was not bad on Supervisor-level, but regional oversight was intrusive and caused more problems than it solved.

Job security was fairly good. I left of my own volition, due to low compensation. They were assigning me 35 hours a week but had not designated me a full-time employee, so there were no benefits. At $8.50/hr, I had to look for better employment.

Co-workers were pleasant enough to work with. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a pleasant, welcoming demeanor throughout shifts when you had to enforce rules that employees didn't like.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Employer requested more than two week's notice, I gave two and a half, They had already stopped giving hours one week later.
depends how your co-workers are
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 6, 2016
District manager and site supervisor were discriminate towards several serving national guard members. Funny thing is that their client is very military friendly and in fact a defense contractor. It inconvenienced their schedule because some folks have a drill period or training. On the flip side, they need people with ready or could pass clearance because of the client requirements. My boss could let me do my job and not micromanage. Site sup could use less drama and know what line not to cross.

I'm sure other districts or sites have good people. The Indianapolis district is a black hole.
Pros
depends on your co-workers/management/supervisor
Cons
watch your back
security is a good work force to be in
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 30, 2016
I start off my shift by signing in, completeing my daily log sheet, make sure that all equipment are accounted for. making sure everything is functioning properly. and the most important of all everyone is safe and the station around is neat and tidy.
Pros
associates were very friendly.
Cons
to much favoritims going on. not perfessional
Horrible terrible place to work my experience and uuuuh
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 11, 2016
Very bad to work for racist and very butt kissy toward people especially if your black. And I fyou have a problem the company wants you to word the incident the way they want they want them to.
Pros
FOR START THE PAY IS OK AND YOU MAY GET GOOD CONNECTIONS
Cons
NOT GOOD TO WORK FOR THEY DEFINTELY DONT LIKE BLACKS ON A CERTAIN LEVEL.
Has it's moments
Site Security Supervisor - WorldBank (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2016
Been a good company to work for, there are many positive and negatives as with most companies now a days thou. Working in Gov't services section the pay is decent, hours are good. If assigned to a contract that is part of a union you will not get health coverage for your family
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No family healthcare if part of union contract, paid every 2 weeks
Google site was a very good experiance to have.
Securitas in Redmond as Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Google in SeattleJune 28, 2016
Working at the Google Account contracted by Allied Barton
is very fun place to work at, The Google employees were very friendly and overtime I was able to build a relationship with them.
Pros
Everyday we were able to get free lunch, that was a nice perk to have.
Cons
Pay rate was not enough for living expenses.
good productive place to study and focus on school work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 20, 2016
Typical day at work is always an aspect of productive and progress
always have a motive to carry out instructions and to emphasize on a positive day.i enjoy working with my company and it gives me free time to prove to my self and and my company that i can one-day be a person of interest for future positions .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location