AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

A Modern and Progressive Security Service Company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Delta AirlinesAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Trainig Programs
Cons: Long hours and high employee turnover rate.
AlliedBarton is a very progressive and innovative Security Company. The training programs are better than most law enforcement training curriculums. It is a company that is competitive and always upgrading to meet the demands of the market place.
Lots of overtime
Security Officer- I (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime
Cons: no days off
Unfortunately my time with Allied Barton was not as enjoyable as I wish it had been. Most of my work consisted of having to pick up the slack that many of my fellow employees could not.
Good place to start your security career.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 6, 2015
Good place to start your security career. You will be trained right and be able to learn a lot new skills that you did not know when you first started.
Good Company with Great Training
Corporate Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great work schedule
Cons: scheduling, facility issues
Allied Barton is a good company with great training that places individuals above the rest of the pack. The local response is great and the national support is even greater. The management is very supportive of the company's greatest working employees.
There were no provisions for anyrelaxation or restoration provided at this site.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaAugust 6, 2015
Pros: This site provided a multiplicity of opportunities to perform various security functions.
Cons: low pay and morral
* Monitor all access control pooints or turnstiles for unauthorized entry.

* Monitor all ID badges for picture/facial recognition, special markings and expiration dates on badges.

* Monitor all parking areas for unauthorized vehicles, parking violations or suspicious vehicles.

* Enforce all Post Orders, Special Orders, and Picture Posters (BOLO'S): Be on the Look Out for this person who attempt to gain access by any means to Harsfield Jackson or Delta Airlines properties.

* Perform the duties of Flex Officer and Rover Officer when necessary.
Fast pace Job
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), York, PAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Always have a job
Cons: No lunch, no sick days
I process trailers at a warehouse. I've learned many things about trailers and dispatching. When roving, I have to check frozen trailer temperatures and fuel. Policies change at least once a month. Overall hours get cut back.
great job just to build a resume
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: pay rate, managment
they are ready to fire anyone and everyone if they want to buy the snap of a finger..but do not want to advance you in the work field.
Very unprofessional and rude account managers
Security Officer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2015
Transferred from Richmond area to Alexandria, VA. Remained out out of work for twenty three days after receiving a contingent offer of employment. I remained without wages with no explanation or reason as to why. Offer letter stated one amount once starting working pay was reduced with explanation. Locked out of employee pay system unable to check paystubs or verify employment. Didn't receive any pay for over thirty days.
Will not refer
Security Receptionist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: everything
There are many issues with this company. However, management is not concern for its employees as long as there is a hot body to fill the position, training is definitely not an option. You will get thrown to the wolves and expect you to succeed or do well. This is the worse company I have ever worked for.
Asanine
Security Officer (Former Employee), Renton, WaAugust 4, 2015
Typically, your schedule will fluctuate week to week. The management does not defend its officers, and will hang you out to dry. Kissing up is highly encouraged to get ahead, and not doing so will have you relegated to the worst shifts/posts. OJT is a joke.
Very friendly environment
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2015
Pros: fun environment, teaching job, people friendly.
Cons: takes a year to accumulate 2 weeks vacation, hardly any benefits, and very little pay for above and beyond work.
My typical day at work is very enjoyable, I come in, count equiptment before I relieve the last shift. Then I hand out equpitment to my shift, Send Ofiicers to correct loctaions. Log patrols for my Officers, answer phone calls, monitor cameras, make and recieve phone calls, do work orders becasue something is always broken, joke with my coworkers and supervisor. Make and recieve call to the CSN Police Department, assist with reports they need information on or for me to input into the computer. Count the equiptment for next shift and be relived. Im pretty busy everyday but I enjoy it.

My co-workers are very agreeable people, very friendly and fun loving. We know when to joke around and when to be serious.

I love my job but I feel like all the work I do here I should at least be paid $15. As Head Dispatcher of CSN's largest campus I AM CSN. Which is why im looking elsewhere.

Overall Allied Barton is a good place to work, if the pay, vacations and benefit were better then it wiould be the BEST place to work.
Great company to work for. The team work is excellent
Dock Manager, Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Allied Barton Security Services has been a great company to work for. The management team is very helpful and great to work for also. I enjoy working close to home and the facility that I serve at.
fun place to work
❸ Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2015
Fun place to work. Very productive and great job for meeting new people. Either have a job site that is very active or very inactive. Other employees are enjoyable also.
This is a good company to work for.
Security Officer DC Ranch (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 1, 2015
Pros: pros are that i get to multitask and really enjoy the customer service contact.
Cons: there is no room for advancement, and working outside 80% of the day.
I am a gate access guard so my essential duties are to greet all guests and residences. Complete daily activity hourly, complete incident reports using ABDI and SDS programs. Answer phones, reading incoming emails, send out emails, maintaining opened communication with my account manager, security manager, other gate guards, residence, and lastly and the concierge. After logging in, I must make sure to keep records of lost and found, making sure the appropriate items are giving to the right person. Also keep track of package log and edit information on residence accounts upon residence request.
your average security company
Flex Officer in El Segundo (Current Employee), Carson, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: write up every time you call off/
I have so far enjoyed working for this company. I have worked various posts at my current location but it seems that the account managers at my perticular location so not like to promote from within. It is sad to see so many officers come and go.
A pleasant work environment
Relief Shift Supervisor & Officer (Current Employee), 19 East Chocolate AvenueJuly 31, 2015
The co-workers definitely make the day go quicker. The job is fairly enjoyable aside from the mandatory overtime if your relief doesn't show. You get to meet all kinds of people.
An ok place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2015
It will all depend on who you know. If you know the right person you will get plenty of hours to work but if not you will be lucky to get 12 hrs a week.
Working to be working
Security Admin/Officer (Current Employee), sacramentoJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Communication
I had a good experience with Allied Barton and I believe that they will benefit more if they communicate better,I feel that working with this company you were not able to express your thoughts and you are there just to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Annapolis JuctionJuly 31, 2015
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
• Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badge
• Respond to and assess security alarms or emergency alarms, emergency situations, medical aid, fires, oxygen deficiency alarms, first responder; secure classified information, escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress situations
• Ensure the highest quality security services in the protection of personnel, property and information with professionalism; fulfill duties politely, without fear or favor
• Preserve order and enforce rules, regulations and directives for the viability of the site and the safety of personnel, equipment and sensitive information
• Patrol the facility, internal and external
• Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, both through written and verbal means
s review
security (Current Employee), PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: no room to move up in company, paychecks get mixed up
This job is ok if your going to school and need to earn some money but for those who need a career this is not it because there is no room to move up in the company and its hard to make a living with this job because its not enough money so if you need a career look somewhere else.