AlliedBarton Security Services
2,645 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

great job
Security Guard (Former Employee), miamiJanuary 5, 2015
great job great pay and good locations great people to work with as well
fun and exciting work place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: i get to interact with a variety of cultures
Cons: to far from home
secure the facility an assure all clients are in there place an keep premises secure.
very attentive and productive
Private Security Guard (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: coworkers and independence
Cons: lack of benefits
Going on foot patrol, monitoring CCTVs, and interacting with clients and employees
I learned how to monitor cameras and write incident report. I also learned alot about the duties of security
Management was okay, although there are areas that they can work more on.
Co-workers were great
Hardest part of the job was writing the incident reports at first until you got the hang of it
Most enjoyable would be the independence
great job security
Security Console Operator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: job security, plenty of hours
Cons: not always relieved at the end of shift, no flexibility in hours
This is a good place to be if you desire job security. There are no shortages on hours and/or availability of work.

There is a large amount of training involved with this position, however, goals for training are not being met.

management provides the bare minimum to support its staff and is lacking follow up when it comes to employee concerns.
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: pretty cool job
Cons: no hoildays off
I come to work i receive a brief for the out going officer i patrol every hour i check all doors and I Monitor cameras
Professional environment
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: lots of access to vip clients nice work area
Cons: short breaks no lunch area
more customer service work on a daily basis along with instruction and greeting . giving directions. Hardest part is dealing with public who want to talk to executives about being discovered in the music industry without doing the necessary work to get a scheduled appointment.
Securing Downtown Paterson Mall
Security Guard (Former Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 4, 2015
Touring & watching cameras
I learned how to work with fellow officers and customers
We all shared the same job description
Hardest part of the job was restraints
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting discounts from stores in the mall
Strong ethics
Site Security Superviser (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYJanuary 2, 2015
Allied Barton is a well established company and has a good company structure.
Good people to work for and with
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: the continously changing working conditon you work in during the shift
The Allied Barton people are fun to work for and with. The supervision treated all the employees equally. The only concern was working in conditions of outside temperatures of up to 90 degrees and walking through the facilities different storage areas with temperatures of below zero to the 40's and walking through these areas every hour. Walking through the areas during your patrols hourly was very difficult.
Exciting and Challenging Job
Asset Protection Security Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 2, 2015
Cons: no pto, no vacation time, no sick leave
Not every day is the same, which doesnt allow you to get bored with this job. Not a great job to have for job advancement. There is no sick leave, no pto available, and vacation is given based on employment after a year. I wouldnt recommend you to work here if you are not interested in security. Growth within security is not strong and you could possibly be stuck in the same role over a long period of time.
: Dedicated and hardworking individual looking for employment within my field and beyond, and also I am punctual, reliable, inte
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), vaJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: extensive knowledge in security field works, prevention and control
Cons: extensive knowledge in security field works, prevention and control
* Woven through the fabric of professional ethics by being honest, upright, avoiding deception behavior.
* Do not violate the confidentiality your employer or those you service.
* Accomplish each task to the best of my ability.
* Do not violate the rights or privacy of others.
* Continue to learn so that my knowledge keeps pace with the technology.
* Incidents are reported by giving accurate and details account of all situations that occur during the time of duty.
* Company materials and machines are checked before and after used.
nice flexible work schedules
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJanuary 1, 2015
working overnight and graveyard shifts i was able to do a lot of reading. during my foot patrols I got the chance to check out the history and outline of the property. i got to build close relationships with some of the senior citizens i was working with at one of the properties i was contracted at.
Great for Entry Level Security
Security (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Allowed access to Delta Employees at the Delta Headquarters Secured premises and created a safe environment Ticket writing Data Entry
Great
Security Officer (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 30, 2014
•Verifies and safeguards their assigned Bankroll.
•Uses Currency Counter and straps currency.
•Uses Coin Counter to count and verify coin.
•Sorts and stacks chips by denomination.
•Sells and records tournament entries.
•Redeems Free Play coupons for Promotional and Gaming Chips.
•Disburses tournament, Poker Bad Beat and promotional cash and chip payouts.
•Issues and logs disbursement of Slot Ticket paper to Slot Floor Attendants.
•Counts and records accurately all currency, coin, vouchers and chips.
Great work environment
Security Guard (Current Employee), Sandoz wilson north carolinaDecember 30, 2014
Pros: unsupervised
Cons: scheduling, hours available.
A typical day at work is to clock in read the post orders, get the pass down from previous shift, monitor the CCTV, monitors, gates, and doors; perform patrols, and parking lots. My co-workers are pleasant to work with and friendly although I don't get the opportunity to work with management I have no issues with them. The hardest part of the job is accepting that processes have been set and are not subject to change, I have ideas and suggestions that won't be heard or entertained. The most enjoyable part of the job is working UN-supervised, an knowing that I performed well.
Challenging Workplace with a great group of supervisors and employees.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Cumming, GADecember 29, 2014
A typical day working for Allied Barton is challenging, starting with the debriefing from the off-going shift, to the assignments. I learned a great deal more Interpersonal Skills, and Time Management. The management was very knowledgeable and experienced along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with suicidal and demented person(s) in the Emergency Room on a daily basis. I enjoyed working with some of the best people in the world that is what I enjoyed most.
N/A
Security Officer (Current Employee), Newark, NJDecember 29, 2014
I like it but it's just not where i see my self in the future. Working there is fun, i deal with employees and make sure that people are not gaining access to certain areas.
Reliable work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: there is always work
Cons: management could improve if not already
What I've noticed about working with Allied Barton is, compared to other companies, they will always have work for you. I actually enjoyed working for Allied Barton, not too many negatives , management was a bit shakey at the time. But I'm sure it was nothing anyone couldn't handle, what I really liked about this company was the opportunity to participate in other activities outside of security. Like I was able to work on the Obama campaign in 08 , spent a lot of time out , although it was with the union, there were no hard feelings. I came back to my job site with ease.
NIce, smooth, sailing atmosphere in the work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 28, 2014
A typical work day at Allied Barton SO site at Trinity College is to maintain security through out the dorms, make sure that all visitors show proper ID, every guest have to log in with resident, and make sure everyone enter and exit through the main door. With free spirit, fun co-workers the overnight shift was a great shift that I came to like.
Simple job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Columbia, MODecember 27, 2014
Pros: simple not much required
Cons: very boring
A typical day of work consisted of me walking around the ground or monitoring them on CCTV. I did not learn anything that I did not already know. My supervisors were ok but there was really no need for them other that scheduling. My co-workers were good but the job did not allow for much time to get to know them. The hardest part of the job was staying awake. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos