AlliedBarton Security Services
2,153 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

POOR MANAGEMENT
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2014
Pros: somewhat flixable hours
Cons: heath care, management, short breaks
THE STAFF WERE GOOD TO WORK AROUND BUT THE MANAGEMENT WASN'T ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE EMPLOYEES. SOME OF THE MANAGEMENT DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SPEAK WITH THE EMPLOYEES THEY MANAGE.
Good pay
Security Officer (Former Employee), charleston, TNJune 11, 2014
They pay really good and the employees are generally good people I never had a bad supervisor.
Great Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJune 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for Allied Barton. Felt nice to be respected and to be able to insure safety for all my co-workers and fellow employees.
IT's alright
Security Officer (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJune 11, 2014
It's ok where I work here. I liked working where they put me. It was never really busy.
Allied Review
Lead Generation Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 11, 2014
We were hired to generate leads for a territory. We were cleaning a data base which was in disarray, and more clerical,. A new department, with minimal direction. The benefits were also lacking and the pay structure was not favorable. The management was also brand new, and was focused more on clearing the data base than the job at hand.
it is an ok work place depending on where they put you.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2014
Pros: some good people
Cons: not good health care
i really did not like this job because they had a lot of down time.
FUN JOB
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 10, 2014
Pros: good pay easy quiet
Cons: long hours
EASY JOB
MEET NEW PEOPLE
JOB ADVANCEMENT
QUIET
EASY TRAINING
NICE FELLOW OFFICERS
To pay attention to detail in this establishment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Towson, MDJune 10, 2014
What you have to do is stay focused keep your composure do the job it's customer service to try to help clients and contractors to deter observe assets and access control of property don't let nothing get in your way I show enthusiasm have a positive attitude and go forward .
Productive and effiecient
Security Officer (Current Employee), Montgomeryville, PAJune 10, 2014
Once I clock in to work, I patrol my facility and kindly speak to all the employees. Throughout the day, I monitor the cameras and make sure everything is going well with the site while documenting in a log.
Unchallenging
Security Officer (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 9, 2014
Cons: very little by way of challenges to achieve a sense of fulfilment and accomplishment, little if any recognition for accomplishments which have been made/completed.
Stood watch from 2300 to 0700. Did patrols of the ADP facility once every 45 minutes to an hour. Typically void of activity at nights. The management was relatively good, particularly the team lead, co-workers showed up 15 minutes early as well to facilitate a smooth watch turn-over. There was not much of a challenge to this job, and was not something – more... to be considered enjoyable either. – less
Monitoring CCTV, entrance and exits of employees, visitors, and contarctors
Security Control Command Officer (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDJune 8, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: pay rates
Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors. Monitoring and authorize the entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security on the premises.
lesson learned
security (Former Employee), baltimoreJune 7, 2014
Just do your job its that simple , but once you start getting all buddy buddy with some of the people who have been there for years its down hill . do your job it was a very easy job with a lot careless co workers and it can brush off on you .
Great co-workers, and good learning experience in security.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 6, 2014
Pros: paid lunch break, overtime hours available
Cons: strict management and poor benefits
Working for Allied I got the chance in learning to adapt to different environments. A glimpse of what really goes on in a life of a security officer; securing property, data and keeping the life of others safe by monitoring inside and outside of buildings. Management was a bit rough in the beginning, it made me realize how much I value my job. Always – more... thinking positive I ended up being swapped to a different team within the company and it turned out for the better. The best part of the job was getting to know a variety of people and learning about their crafts. – less
tj maxx
Security Guard (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 6, 2014
cashier
greeting customers
cleaning sales floor
helping close down registers
Productive place to work lots of different people
Full Time Security Dispatcher (Current Employee), Fashion Fair Mall FresnoJune 6, 2014
Shopping Mall coverage of 40 acres with 160 stores and restaurants
Don't get too excited. It's just another job.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2014
Security to me is only a job to get you back on your feet in the world. It's mainly for retired veterans who want to work. It's okay to have for the moment but I strongly encourage people to seek better avenues such as going back to school, learning a trade, or joining the military. This is not the type of career you would want to pursue. Too many strict – more... rules to abide by. Too much responsibility for such little pay. You'll get written up for almost anything. They will believe anything the supervisor, manager, or client tells them instead of trusting in their officers. Even if you have a degree this company could care less about it. In order to advance in this security company you have to be a kiss up, "yes' man, or have low self-esteem. A person with a 5th grade education can do this job. All they need is a warm body, not a friend. – less
Decent work for a college student
Security Guard (Current Employee), Charlestown, MAJune 5, 2014
Management has been very understanding with life situations. A typical work day flows smoothly depending on the site you are working.
Poor Benefits
Armed Transit Security Officer (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 5, 2014
No sick leave or PTO available. No room for advancement. The job is a high stress position and very customer oriented. Daily interactions with intoxicated individuals, individuals who are on narcotics. Very dangerous.
Allied Barton is a good company but benefits are not adequate.
Security Agent/Supervisor/ Security Officer, (Current Employee), Alta Bates medical center BerkeleyJune 5, 2014
Pros: custumer services
Cons: never get a lunch break
A typical day for me as a security officer supervisor is resolveing issues patroling hospital grounds and and doing custume service and also run a crew of seven staff.
fun working
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
learning new things every day and being around joyful co-workers and management team.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos