AlliedBarton Security Services
2,325 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Work Place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: i had 30 minutes lunch break and they were paid, free snacks from fruits, drinks, etc...
Cons: this consideration came from the client. allied barton doesn't give free lunch break.
The work place where the company hired me was Citrix System. This place was high classic people from different countries all over the world but, it was fun and enjoyable. I learn more about customer service, be more alert totally different from my other jobs. Co-workers where more about competition I will give them a 3 start rating and management was – more... excellent and had everything under control. In this job security officers must have responsible, active, fast and good monitoring skills. – less
Productive constant proffessional
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: upgraded and complimented my wor ethics on duty.
Cons: unfair work practices by management
GOOD TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION.
ADVANCMENT TO DOD POLICE AND MORE.
HARD TO AVOID THE EGOS OF CO-WORKERS ONCE OUR STATUS CHANGED.
MADE THE BEST OF IT AND STAYED ON PATROL OR STATIONED AWAY FROM GENERAL POPULATION AS NEEDED.
LEARNED AND ADVANCED IN OBSERVATION SKILLS, HAND GUNS,TRAFFIC CONTROL, PROFFESIONAL DEMEANOR ETC.
Client Service Coordinator/Security Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2014
I was responsible for security operations at 35 sites in the Pittsburgh area. In this capacity I met with building owners and reviewed security requirements. I assigned guards, reviewed and monitored work performance, conducted OJT and if need be, terminated for non-compliance. In addition, I met with clients to discuss security needs and requirements, – more... negotiate contract price and prepared contracts for execution. I interviewed prospective employees and conducted reference checks.
I presented offers for employment and discussed pay and benefits as well as taught an orientation class, drug tested and fingerprinted selected applicants and fitted for uniforms.

Busy- fast paced environment, enjoyable location to work in – less
Reveiw of the job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2014
I work 1st shift from 6am-2:00 pm. I have learned a lot working at Allied Barton. I work greet customers, I answer incoming/ outgoing calls and, I type incident reports. Also I respond to emergencies when need. In addition, I train new employees, and work on pay roll.
EXECELLENT COMPANY
Security Officer, Security Guard (Former Employee), SHIRLINGTON VAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no government contracts
I LOVED ALLIED BARTON BECAUSE THEY GAVE YOU GOOD TRAINING. THE PAY WAS GOOD AND THE BENEFITS WERE EVEN BETTER. GOOD COMPANY
Employee friendly company
Area Manager- Regional (Current Employee), West Covina, CAAugust 19, 2014
Employee friendly company, promotional opportunities. This company is continues to seek improvement and increase quality value to its customers.
ok
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 19, 2014
sitting at a desk getting yelled at all day and constantly under pressure. i learned that discrimination does exist in a work place, management can be better, hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on your face providing great customer service at all times while being pressured to loose your cool, the property was a enjoyable site.
low paying job
"Part Time" (Current Employee), Morganton, NCAugust 18, 2014
Cons: low pay
only part time work.
boring job no advancement
work by my self
Hours and work a plenty
Security Guard (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: hours and overtime
Cons: lack of advancement; having to be relieved of duty because some people arrive late
I enjoyed Allied Barton, there were many assignments and sites to work at with all different types of hours and shifts. My immediate manager was very down to earth and relatable. Not much room for higher paying positions but work and overtime was constantly available.
Needs to provide some kind of security for their employees
Industrial Security Officer (Current Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 16, 2014
Allied Barton Security, need to up step their game in fulltime positions and increase in pay rate per hour. They need to appreciate the employees who have worked faithfully for this company, for years, before they lose valuable employees to new security companies who are out bidding, because they are willing to pay skilled qualified security officer, – more... a better pay rate and fulltime hours. " I'm just saying." – less
it is what you make of it
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
You can work with everyone or your not gonna make it. its an easy job as long as you do your job. Good people. look out for them and stay on top of them. Make sure there doing there job.
This company is no longer around
Security Officer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 15, 2014
This was a family owned business and I must say I enjoyed the time with this company a lot.
Boring and oppressive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2014
I worked for company for over 8 years and i felt i was never appreciated and was definitly under paid.
OK
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
AlliedBarton is a good company. They give you an opportunity to advance with their edge training programs which every employee can take. It makes a huge difference in the independent empowerment of the employees.
Great work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 14, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: benefits
Needs benefits for employees. Also a better job security. Loved the management.
Very good with the sites they send an officer to
Security Officer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2014
It was a very good job to have when it came to giving what you ask for. The down side of it was being told that they didn't have to answer any questions that I had asked.
Just a job
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: the union does little for you but takes your money
The job is a ok job but the management base a lot of decisions based on if they like you or not and not your work ethics. plus the lack of hours and hours being cut at random is not a place for me to provide for my family. its good if you are just getting into the workforce. the co-worker are cool because we all are facing the same challenges.
OK for THE TIME BEING, NOT FOR CAREER FOCUSED PERSON
Security Officer (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 14, 2014
Pros: work is easy
Cons: alot of turn overs, lie to you.
The Job itself was easy, They expect so much from you but wont work with you to keep everyone happy. In other words if it doesn't benefit them they cant work with you, but when it does they are willing to go to the ends of the earth.
Allied Barton is a great organization
Security officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 13, 2014
I learned a lot working with this company and they have a very flexible schedule.
Great group of coworkers
Security Officer (Current Employee), Greenlawn, NYAugust 13, 2014
I can't speak for the rest of the company but the other officers at my site were a great group of guys (and girls) who were always willing to help each other out and look after one another.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos