AlliedBarton Security Services
1,932 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

Proactive workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: pick up overtime
Cons: no sick or off days
A typical day involves greeting customers and providing great customer service in order to secure the premises of the client.
N/A
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2014
Typical day at Work:
-observe and report

What I learned:
-how to deal with difficult people
its okay
Site Manager (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NJMarch 24, 2014
the job is okay. I have nothing negative to say about my current employeer
Administration only concerned for profits, not employees
Security Guard (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 24, 2014
Cons: everything about the job. insurance is very low quality.
I worked here for over a year while in school.

The management was poor, he only cared about what was going on with him, he did not know how to use computers and was expected to use them daily. The upper management (off site) did not respond to complaints that were coming in from the guys and the pay was poor, considering that you are the face of policy – more... enforcement and you dealt with bad attitudes all shift long. The other employees were unprofessional due to feelings of injustice from the job itself. Would not work for them again even if I was starving or unless I was a supervisor with the ABILITY to make the needed changes. – less
Worked part-time for them...decent organization to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJMarch 24, 2014
Pros: clean work site with good people around me.
Cons: pay was lower than it should be to keep qualified individuals.
They have a very pro-active training culture that is available to all employees. They also have a current job culture that is inline with today's needs. Worked by myself, but had interesting interaction with those under my care.
Hard work.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Aiken, SCMarch 23, 2014
Job was very hard work to do. Hardest part of the job was to get production on a daily bases. A lot of pushing, pulling, lifting, carts that weighted over 1200 bounds.
Front Desk Security / Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2014
Pros: able to transfer to different sites, paid vacations
Cons: short breaks, bad benefit package, not enough sick days per year.
Depending on the site you work, the pay can be decent. open line of communication with managers for work assignments.
not enough advancement opportunities. I learned most of my interpersonal skills with this job. hardest part of this job was receiving instructions from company superiors vs Site client superiors.
Routine
Console Dispatcher (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 23, 2014
Every day was pretty much the same. There were not too many emergencies and most days were full of the same routine.
work with very little supervision
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2014
Part time work, (30 hours). Work at job sight with little or no supervision. Supervisors are always willing to help out when needed.

Only hard part of job is dealing with the homeless people coming in and out of building and keeping them from loitering around the premises.
Bad Company
MOBILE PATROL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2014
The union made its way in this company and they do like the fact the union is there. If you an involved member within the union ABSS will find a way to get rid of you. Hence I was a union steward as an security officer then I became a supervisor which are not part of the union the company falsely accused me of harassment and fired me.
Enjoyed working for Allied
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2014
If the pay was more I would probably still be there today. The job was fun and gave me a lot of customer service experience.
a good company to work for
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 21, 2014
Allied cares for their employee's by providing online education and good health benefits.
Very Productive and fun
Shift Supervisor, Security Officer (Current Employee), Phila PAMarch 20, 2014
Allied Barton is an awesome company to work for, What I like most about the company is probably the fact that there is so much room for you to grow.
Great Management
Security Receptionist (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 20, 2014
Working for Allied Barton has been wonderful. The Management is great. Understanding, helpful, and they push you to succeed.
n/a
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The company is very Strict, and is recommended for certain people.
okay
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2014
steady work, doesnt seem like you work for a company though. it just seems like you go to work and get a check. you dont get to meet any supervisors, you recieve no post orders, no employee handbook, no employee hotline number, no company info, NOTHING. I know nothing about the company other than the name of it. different people whom youve never met
great fulfilling place to work
Security Officer/ Incident Responder (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 19, 2014
Great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home knowing i accomplished something important and got to help others.
Solid Company. Well Managed.
Uniformed Class D Security Officer (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 19, 2014
Pros: well paid. lots of hours.
Cons: not enough accounts
A good Company, well Managed. They lost the Account where I was Assigned.They have not found another Post for me.
Easy enough job but with terrible managment and shift leads
Security Officer (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 19, 2014
Sexual Harrassment should be put into the job description of this company. During my employment here, my shift lead has made incredibly awful jokes that should not be told in the work place. He tells these jokes at the other employees' expense. He has been written up and many people have called HR to complain about him, yet he continues to keep his – more... job. They keep telling us "He just needs more training." when what he really needs is to be fired.

The job is easy enough - basic secretary and security work. It consists of a few patrols a day, however, each shift is different. I worked second shift and had to do far less patrols than first shift did. – less
Security Officer
Security Officer at Alliance Bernstein (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: set schedule with completely workable hours every week
The job consisted of watching monitors and patrolling the floors that we were assigned to. Basically take every stereotype that applies to being a security guard, with the exception of falling asleep.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos