AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 4,767 reviews matching the search
Horrible all around
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 3, 2016
If you like having a job with no advancement, no raises, no breaks , no lunches, no sick leave, no paid vacation time and being forced by management to do things your are not qualified for.
Cons
Good company to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2016
Haven't had too many problems with the company.
The managers are good and the benefits are ok. The pay could be better but they offer great training.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Pay could be better
If you are looking in Milwaukee, STAY AWAY from WE ENERGIES! !
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2016
The place is downright awful! The people look at you like you're beneath them! Once in a while, you might find a friendly face. The Corporate Security dept. walk around like they're superior, nice to your face, but behind closed doors, a totally different story! They don't have the backbone to speak to you face to face, they do ALL their dirty work through the account/assistant account managers, who, will put on a great performance and act like they are in your side, and pretend like they agree with you, but once they're back in the clutches of corporate security, it's a wrap!

The turnover is outrageous, and there is a reason, although they wud tell you it's just because they hire college students,or some other line of rubbish. The benefits are a joke, you wud be better off getting Obama care!
The longterm employees are miserable, they are there because nobody else wud hire them, moral is awful.
My advice wud be to stay far away from this dump! !!
Good Experience
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 29, 2016
I am currently at a Research Facility in Cambridge and like the site,which has several buildings. Management is not strong as they have gone through multiple Account Managers and the staff is constantly changing as there is a high turn around rate. The pay should be higher because of the demand and the high risk dealing with alarms and chemicals and very stressful situations.On a typical day we handle many calls in our Command Center and deal with many incident reports ranging from medical emergencies to lab equipment alarms.The coworkers in most part are very good but many are young and many get fired for poor work ethic.Hardest part of job is the pay because many sites with less stress make higher wages as do the building cleaners.The most enjoyable part is the customer service part of the job and helping visitors and the client on a daily basis.
Consistent
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 14, 2016
Constant monitoring of Mall premises external and internal required. Employees would be more motivated if compensation for work performed was higher. All associates should be fully qualified to perform all duties which would relieve the burden of other employees covering areas where they are not.
It's a decent place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 18, 2016
Typical security work - regular unit checks, monitoring access and cameras.

Management was not bad on Supervisor-level, but regional oversight was intrusive and caused more problems than it solved.

Job security was fairly good. I left of my own volition, due to low compensation. They were assigning me 35 hours a week but had not designated me a full-time employee, so there were no benefits. At $8.50/hr, I had to look for better employment.

Co-workers were pleasant enough to work with. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a pleasant, welcoming demeanor throughout shifts when you had to enforce rules that employees didn't like.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Employer requested more than two week's notice, I gave two and a half, They had already stopped giving hours one week later.
Good place to work,
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 17, 2016
Scheduling, interviews, inspections. I drove in 2015 almost 49000 miles on my car. Compensation OK but I almost have to buy a new car every 2-3 years do to mileage.
Good pay rate
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2016
-Typical work day I would have roll call. Set up equipment for the officers. Check to make sure my officers are in proper uniform. Read crime reports. Respond to priorities. Drive SS vehicle around campus. Provide jumpstarts and lock outs. Have to respond to priorities. Provide walking escorts. Respond to door alarms and fire alarms.
- Learned how to use a radio to talk to officers and police dispatch. How to provide lockouts and jump starts. How to write an incident report.
-some of my coworkers are responsible. But some are immature and have no respect for others.
- Hardest thing about the job is the hours you have to work. Don't have many day shift positions. The weather because you work outside.
- Most enjoyable part is the pay. The people you meet. During the school year it's always busy.
Pros
Pay, pay, pay
Cons
Hours you have to work, weather, and benefits
Not a career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 26, 2016
This is not and should not be a career choice for anyone. There is little to no opportunity for advancement, once you're in a slot you're stuck there for life unless you leave or someone else leaves and they need you to fill that other slot. That's all we really are to management here, positions that need to be filled. There is no allowed time off unless you're using vacation hours that are complicated to accumulate. So you better hope that all your concerts, shows, class meetings, etc., land on your days off.
Pros
Paid 30 min lunch, paid/OT holidays, uniforms/uniform cleaning provided, annual raise
Cons
Poor time off policy, we're just filling a slot, managment doesn't care about us
don't work here
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Newport, NHAugust 16, 2016
Poor management, can't make a decision without contacting corporate. holiday pay if you work it. no shift differential for night shift, one pay raise in last seven years. back stabbers, lairs, poor equipment. don't work here.
Pros
A job
Cons
many
Good environment
Security Office/Mailroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 16, 2016
It was a good experience. The environment was stable. Nice co-workers. Good management. I would work for them again. The pay was good for the state. Education benefits and advancements.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Insurance
Wonderful company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2016
Really enjoyed working with this company. I was able to relocate from Texas to Washington DC with no problem. Offer great benefits
company is too big
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 17, 2016
the company hires at a low pay rate and gives $0.10 raises. this company is not a good company to work for. this company again being international is far too large and has lost site of there lower employees and show no care for them at all.
Pros
Cons
forces you to work union.
Excellent Employer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2016
AlliedBarton Security Services is an excellent employer to work for, there are plenty of opportunities to show your true potential as well as to advance, great place to start if you're a recently separated veteran.
Pros
Advancement, team coordination
Cons
Lack of communication, benefits fall short.
Productive Work Ploace
Security Officer/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2016
You work at different site and a opportunity to meet new people. If you enjoy as a security officer then this a good choice.
Pros
Some site provide free lunch
Cons
No pay raise
workers are lazy
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 29, 2016
It is a good large company overall and the big problem is the number of lazy workers and the attitude of most of them of "you are new I am old here" so I do almost nothing when the new at the site does all. Management is not on top and people form clicks to protect their jobs from new hires,
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
lazy workers
Great company, poor communication
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 6, 2016
It's a great company to work for just for the benefits alone, but there was little to none communication between field manager and security officers. Extremely hard to get any days off unless you had a request it 3-4 months in advance.
Review
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2016
The job is not hard. It is good for someone going to school or retired looking for a second income. Raises are almost non existent. I have not received one in years, and there is no room for advancement. This is not a meant to make a career.
Pros
You can sell back vacation, meeting new people and making friends.
Cons
Odd hours, no holiday pay unless you work, no vacation first year and you only begin to accrue your vacation the next year, December vacation not allowed.
Excellent Company to work for!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 19, 2016
AlliedBarton is a wonderful and supportive company to work for! I enjoyed my time here so very much! The co-workers and management along with our clients made for a great job with benefits!
good experience
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2016
I like the pay and the the point allied Barton makes a diffrents with the work they do keeping companies and secured overall its very tiring and there's no room for career growth i want go further up in promotions
Pros
salary
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

AlliedBarton Security Services Reviews by Location