AlliedBarton Security Services
3,024 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Like any security postition
Lobby Security / Lab Security (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 1, 2015
Like any security posititons the benefits could be better especially depending where you are posted, and a better schedule but overall a good company
My Job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 1, 2015
Well paying job to the site employed, Employees very professional and very friendly. Recommend this job to anyone looking for a job in the health field
Great Environment
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee), Hapeville, GAMay 1, 2015
Very fast pace and family oriented. The hardest part is signing visitors in all at once and being out on the lane in different types of weather.
Observed and Report
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good about finding jobs for an Officer who was displaced
Cons: Low Pay
As for a Security company, I have worked for a number of Security Companies and they are all the same so far and I have been with the Security Field since 1969. All I can say is that it is a job. Some Security Companies do offer more schooling in Security than others. Allied Barton did offer more classes than most.
oilfield eqipment site
Security Officer (Current Employee), Victoria, TXApril 30, 2015
Well paying job to the site employed, Employees very professional and very friendly. Recommend this job to anyone looking for a job in the oilfield jon
Multitasking and relaxing work of security business.
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: free dinner, long break, alone time
Cons: there are no cons
A day at work for me is quite relaxing. The 4-12 shift is pretty easy because at that time incoming calls lessen up and not much is going on. I have learned the shelter intake process and discharge along with rules and regulations the clients have to follow. My co-workers are pretty cool and are peoples person because of their job description of always interacting with people. Sometimes the roughest part of the day is the morning. Phones are ringing off the hook. If you can not multitask it will be a little difficult to get your other work done. My favorite part is communicating with the different type of people here. Knowing there background race country language etc.
This job was real critical
Sergeant (Former Employee), Ho, TxustonApril 30, 2015
My day start at 7 in the morning sometimes it's hard to get up, but when I arrive to work I am ready. I have learned that you have to play by others rules not what you think is right but what they think. I learned to get there on time to review any things that need to be done. Ask the manager if there's anything special that need to be revised. Management was always help full . Some of my co-workers are a joy and some are just that co-worker. The hardest part of the job is not having the team work that you need and require. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients to walk in their rooms and make them happy is really all that matter to me.
professional
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Very professional work environment. Friendly staff and co- workers. Its a great experience, and you're always leaning on the go.
dieverse community
security officer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
the best job i have ever had so far this job shows me alot of things that i need to know in life great experince. allied barton is a good comapny to work for because you make you dress like a busniess man
security officer
Security Officer (Current Employee), Sandy Springs, GAApril 29, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: short or no breaks due to building activity.
A typical day at work is arriving on time. Making and receiving calls from different departments. Ensuring all visitors are properly attended, different request. Monitoring elevator activity, CCTV screens. Relaying information to other security officers as needed. The hardest part of the job is writing reports accurately per day for department heads to review. The most enjoyable part of the job is the communication with the tenants and co-workers.
very informative
security (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 29, 2015
I was a booking and intake officer. As a new intake would arrive, I would search, fingerprint, and photograph the new intake. After they were processed, I would escort them to medical and then to their proper housing unit. While the inmates were detained in booking, I would enforce the rules and regulations by following the policy and procedures. I was also a member of the Honor Guard.
Productive and Learning Expierence.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami Gardens, FLApril 29, 2015
In my time at Allied Barton, I was fortunate enough to handle my own posts and gain knowledge in the field by my supervisor.
postive people
Security Officer (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJApril 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care
it was ok to work at allied barton I wish the job would have paid me more and didn't lay me off but I loved beging a security guard
The job is great, the work environment, managers and supervisors are not.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Houston TxApril 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule, good pay.
Cons: Most of the employees, the gossip, and the supervisors on staff.
Clock into work. Get briefed on status of building. Observe the security monitors and the CCuretv system,report all activities by myself and my co workers in daily officer report, issue in work doers for any equipment malfunction,answer telephone,have dealings with property management and contractors to provide work inside building.Make requests for overtime air and lights for building tenants. I learned to operate a full monitor console,answer gates give access into building and garages, was well versed in emergency procedures for my building. Management and Supervisors are unsatisfactory in their job performance and confidentiality among their peers and the security staff. There is a total lack of equality at said post, there is also favoritism there and some employees have freedoms and leisure's that most do not. The hardest part of my job was dealing with messiness, liars, and the underhandedness of my supervisors and co working staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was my schedule and the people that I got on well with,and the pay.
Was decent until I deployed.
Refinery Security Officer (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: Pay starts at $15, easy job. Did homework during.
Cons: Management, nepotism, favoritism.
The company as a whole is decent, the particular contract I was on however, was a joke. The benefits are terrible, pay is decent. You can make a modest paycheck if you have no life and work 13 days straight. Otherwise there is no point working here beyond 6 months when you cap out the pay scale.

I had been demoted in pay and status upon arrival from a deployment with my reserve unit. After filing a law suit and regaining my pay (but not position), the management followed up with by not moving me from current assignment and ignoring all concerns or wishes to move to another.

They chose the ones who were most likely to never leave the company for promotions. Not the ones with the best "military-bearing", professionalism or otherwise just more qualified. They are military friendly until you have reserve duty.
Good company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 28, 2015
They have great benefits and great staff. I worked at the Smithsonian Museums in Washington, DC so I got a chance to meet a lot of people from different cultures and background. I love the people that I worked with they were friendly and caring. I would recommend a lot people to Allied Barton Security.
A good company if you have a good operations manager.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJApril 28, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, Good job sites.
Cons: Don't listen to requests for a different job site.
My only real complaint with this company was with the operations manager i had. I was promised another job site along with my weekend one, to make full time hours. My manager did not respond to any calls or texts and never fulfilled the promise he made. Otherwise a good company to work for.
ready to leave
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: not paying enough
i want something new tired of working here good benefits easy working and a customer service based company, patrolling, bike riding, scanned id's etc.
It's ok, can't complain about the ease of the job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: The weekend shift SUCKS!!! SO BAD!!!
I see why NO one applies for this shift, No 3rd shift diff pay. 2nd shift isn't to easy either with more often then none you may not have no one to relieve you @ 10pm when it's time to go home and may get stuck doing a extra 8, 16 hr shift that you didn't plan or prepare for. Can't really make plans w/ this job cause there's always surprises that you don't count on. And MANAGEMENT won't pick up their phones on these days and @ these times because they already KNOW! what the deal is and don't want to come in to cover shifts that no one wants to do.......Sooooo.......they stick you wit it. And this isn't every once in awhile this is almost "Fo Sho" every time you work on the weekend shift that you will get stuck.
Love my job!!
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
I love my job and enjoy working here, I am seeking a 2nd job.
This is a very great company especially if you are just getting your guard card, they will train you and place you according to accomodate their employee's to assist them in any need especially when it comes to family emergencies.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Salaries