AlliedBarton Security Services
2,390 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employer Reviews

It's a good job for those who have a unorthodox schedule
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Redwood Shores, CASeptember 23, 2014
Allied Barton was good for those individuals who do not have a lot of experience in a work force.
Don't try to make a career of it
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: biweekly pay
Cons: management all the way around.
If this is a job for six - eight months, possibly. Any longer, not recommended. Don't know how the other Allied Barton offices are but the one in Jacksonville , Fl leaves much to the imagination. Management is lacking terribly and only seem to care about increasing profit margin. Account Managers aren't qualified and seem to have very little if any – more... management experience. If you happen to find a post with good officers, supervisors, and Account Managers, considered yourself blessed. But I still wouldn't park my tent there regardless. – less
needs to improve
Guard (Current Employee), hebron, kySeptember 22, 2014
job turnover is high, they need to change there policies to minimize this. Plenty of overtime, all in all a good job for college people or retired people, not a career job.
Love it
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Friendly staff...One of the best jobs i ever had so far...If you looking for work this is the place
ikhpjkigj
Security Officer (Current Employee), camden, njSeptember 22, 2014
good company to work for. better if you're the only person at your site larger sites come with petty playground drama
Productive work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), MarylandSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at work. I greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner, Answers questions and assists guests and employees, and i remain flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
horrible people to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Ankeny, IASeptember 22, 2014
Cons: pick something
Promotes the worst people first, doesn't like go getters, and hires the worst people possible
Great place to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Pottstown, PASeptember 19, 2014
I enjoyed making sure that everything was secured and that nothing was breached. Everyone that I worked with there all worked as a team which made everyday a success.
productive job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 19, 2014
productive job to be with teach me how to take care of responsibility's at the a quire time
best place i have ever worked
Security Officer (Former Employee), Reading, PASeptember 17, 2014
i loved working for allied barton they are a no nonsense company who treats their employees well and provides thorough training for all the employees.
Overall a Good Company
Payroll & Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 17, 2014
Overall a good company.

Flexible when it comes to locations.

Good Management.

Opportunity for advancement and growth.
Every site is diffrent
Security Officer (Current Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: if you get a good site you'll be well compensated (medical insurance, paid vacation, anual raises, and possible promotions)
Cons: not all sites are equal, i unfortunately landed in a site with no future.
I work in a warehouse where not a lot goes on. I have asked multiple times to be internally transferred it's been two years and still nothing. They tell you how to do a lot of things I personally did not not receive any hands on training. The site where I work at had two officers but do to cuts now I am the only guard working. I manage myself and interacting – more... with the people here isn't bad. – less
assisting guest as they enter the tower
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2014
Supervises five security officers, responsible for the security of a thirty-two floor multi-tenant high-rise building. I am responsible for scheduling payroll, setting objectives, planning, forecasting, motivating and several other administrative duties. And in the absence of the Security Manager, I supervise a staff of 18 people.
Hardest part of the job
Cashier/Security (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the rude customer but thank to my ability of staying calm and my mind set to respect the customer I always smile no matter the situation.
Productive work environment that will keep you on your toes.
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons: lack of job security, very little advancement.
A typical day at work consists of phone communications, building tours and checking in and out visitors. I learned basic first aid and basic smoke alarm maintenance. Management was great; they were one of the best run security organizations I've been associated with. My co-workers were knowledgeable and diligent. The toughest part of the job was writing – more... incident reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the employees within the building. – less
slow pace work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: easy going work environment
Cons: extremely low wages
observe and report
perform exterior patrols
greet customers coming and leaving
life in a box
Security Officer (Former Employee), Taylor, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good pay, good health care
Cons: mangement wasnt so great
I loved my co-workers, But it wasn't a security job, it was more like answering phones and directing people where to go.
Nice clean environment
security Guard providing security (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: work 12 hour shifts on weekends
Provide security for a defense contracting company. Ensures security of the building after duty hours. Conducts patrols to ensure all doors are secure and monitors alarm systems.
Easy job, great for a student. Low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee), FloridaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: easy, can study or watch netflix and get paid.
Cons: no breaks, low pay, poor benefits.
Job is very easy. Don't do much. Pay and benefits are low. have to work a year just to get a week of vacation which is absurd. Hard to survive off of the low pay. It works for me because I can study for school. If you go into it knowing what is in store, and as a temporary or 2nd job its fine.
Great place to work but hard to advance
Security Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great sites, good benefits, vacation and holidays are easily taken
Cons: management can be unhelpful at times, no room for advancement
I have worked for Allied Barton for over two years at multiple sites, and i love my job. However, I have been working part-time the entire time. Instead of providing me with a full time position, which I have applied for on multiple occasions, Im simply provided with another site to work for more hours. I do have a family, and working so much to get – more... a reasonable amount of hours takes away all of my time. I need a stable income, and they have not provided me with such. – less

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos