AlliedBarton Security Services
3,235 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 12, 2015
Pros: healthcare union
Cons: not a lot of overtime
Sites are ok. some need to be better built for guards.
The booth they build for us some wall are made of glass and causes us to be freezing in the winter.
My manager is a good boss.
Productive and serious workplace where there is never a dull moment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: Healthcare
Port Everglades is normally busy full and of traffic. On a daily you learn who to let in, and who's access is denied. Shift supervisor rides around for post check. As co- workers we communicate over the radio for pass down information. The hardest part of the job is, it's not a hard job at all. I enjoy the fact that we are a small family.
do not stand up to there code
Security Officer/ Mercy San Juan Hospital (Current Employee), sacramento calf hospitalJuly 10, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: management
bad in all area do not support there officer they don't care all they care of is about $ but anybody in job where they don't have a clue of what they are doing bad management NO REAL TRAINNING
Security work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJuly 10, 2015
Very poor management, expect you to help them whenever need but do not return the favor, poor scheduling, menial work, not a friendly environment.
Just hired officers that were not qualified to but a bottom on the seat.
Fire/Security Operations Officer (Former Employee), Wayne, MIJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers
Cons: Horrible Management
The main thing I had with Allied Barton is they did not listen or nor did they car about you home life. A typical would be stressful and always busy. I head a lot about life safety and security practices in an Automotive setting. Management was to the point if they did not like you, they were out to get you. My co-workers were great. It felt like a team effort. I still talk to some this day. Hardest part was being on your feet for 8 hours with a small 30 minute break. It was a physical job most of the time. Just for the most part everyone got along at the site I was working. I left for a better opportunity but, have learned the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Job with no advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee), Front Royal, VAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Easy work with some learning opportunities
Cons: No advancement, or benefits.
Great job on a federal facility, but none of the benefits that come with that. There is no hope for advancement unless you take a pay cut to work at another location, which is folly because the pay isn't that great to began with.
Can be better
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: some people care
Cons: no respect
No room for growth in this company and pay sucks and you never have time to be with you family, and every person inside the main office are friends and family
Best Boss Ever.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Shawnee, KSJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Free Life Insurance after 6 months.
Cons: Not much room to advance.
If you are looking for a great place to work and not advance then here it is. Lots overtime can happen if you want it. The Boss is awesome.
Allied Barton is a productive security agency that can give good work experience
Security Officer (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NJJuly 9, 2015
Allied Barton is the security agency that gave me my work experience. Allied Barton also sent me to a work site that allowed me to work different positions. Which i am grateful for
Demanding but good entry level security position
Security Flex Officer/ Superviser (Former Employee), Alta Bates Medical centers. Oakland/ BerkeleyJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Work with student schedule. Lots of overtime.
Cons: Have to stay late if relief is late or a no show. Pay could be higher for those who deserve it.
Working for Allied Barton was a good experience for me. If you hold yourself to a higher standard as a professional security guard, Allied Barton is not a bad place to be. I myself advanced very quickly as far as responsibilities and title.
Inconsistent job environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: Unconsistency
From day to day I was not truly sure what was required of me. I learned on this job that it pays for a person to be proficient in all areas of duty. You need to know more than just your post but be able to work wherever they send you, I say this because you never where you may be working due to shortage of employees. My co workers are a mixture of dependable and non dependable workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to please the hospital staff as well as my own supervisors. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the visitors and patients find their way around the hospital.
Great work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Concord NCJuly 9, 2015
Upper management needs a lot of work. There is poor communication between upper management and Officers. Employee recognition will make workers appreciate their jobs more.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2015
Management could improve
Rules need enforcing
Nice sites
Could compensate officers better
More advancement opportunity
Excellent Account Manager
Security Guard (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Honest work with trustworthy co-workers
Cons: Local environment dependent
Consistent physical work, which has taught me the value of fully ingratiating myself in my work and all it's corporate education options to better myself with the company. My account manager is an excellent man whom often puts his employee's needs above his own. Well rounded co-workers. The hardest part of the job is negotiating with agitated individuals whom we are having to interact with. Easily the most enjoyable part of the job is in-office atmosphere.
Great Company to Work For
Program Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great job experience, upward mobility
Cons: Lack of leadership from distrcit level
AlliedBarton as a company in whole, is a terrific place to work. But they fail to meet the mark in this area at district levels.
Productive and safe workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Houston,TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, All access pass
Cons: Weather conditions, Standing for long periods of time
A typical day at work consist of minor things like checking contraction workers in and traffic patrol. I have learned a lot working with Allied Barton, gained responsibility and more aware of the things around me. Management is great and very friendly. Co-workers are typically quiet but happy to assist you if you need help and instructions. The most difficult part of the job is giving directions to others not knowing yourself, of course they ask the security guard assuming we know everything about the city. What I enjoyed the most was getting discounts on food/drinks and having free access to private functions.
I dealt with financial transactions on a daily baisis.
Security Guard (Former Employee), boynton beachJuly 7, 2015
I dealt with financial transactions on a daily baisis. I was also responsible for greeting and aiding customers in their inquiries ensuring exceptional customer service.
Just a laid back peaceful environment
security officer (Current Employee), Overland Park, KansasJuly 7, 2015
Pros: i get full time hours
Cons: time goes by slow and I am use to doing active work.
All my jobs were a learning experience, i have learned different skill sets and how the business operates in there individual companies..
Learning Experience
Security Officer / Gatehouse Officer (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 7, 2015
AlliedBarton was a learning experience,
AlliedBarton was a learning experience, AlliedBarton was a learning experience,
AlliedBarton was a learning experience,
Graveuiet and most of the time uneventful.
Grave Shift- Security Patrol Officer (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: I'm most often alone on post. I enjoy the freedom of not being micromanaged.
Cons: Most of the time it's too quiet. I don't have anyone here to conversate with.
My typical day at work is quiet and most often uneventful. I've learned the importance of sticking to my routine, being proactive which keeps me sharp and alert. Staying vigilant keeps me safe. My only communication with management is through "Pass-Down and email. My co-workers are easy to get along with and helpful..."Team Players". The hardest part of my job is trying to come up with creative ways not to fall asleep on post. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing the Hourly Exterior Patrols because I get exercise and fresh air.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Salaries