AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,633 reviews matching the search
good variety of work stations
Roving Security officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
I'm either a concierge at a condominium or guarding corporate buildings. The co workers were easy to get along with. management got me allot of hours and trained at many sites. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet the whole shift at some sites. the most enjoyable part was working in the condominiums as a concierge
a great start for leadership experience
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 5, 2016
AlliedBarton is a good company to start off any career path you choose to gain leadership and management experience. There isn't a typical day at work and there's always something to do to get through your shift. I perfected my time management skills while being employed with AlliedBarton and upper management is always a phone call away for any type of assistance. My co-workers are decent co-workers that could definitely use a lot of improvement in their work ethics. The hardest part of my job in management is dealing with employees who constantly need training and reminders on how to operate and do things. My most enjoyable part of the job is the customer service we provide for our clients. Our clients are what keeps the company going and maintaining a great long term business relationship.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Lazy Workers
Decent pay, but could be higher
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day is being vigilant and alert while posted or patrolling and paying attention to detail while checking ID's and acting as a deterrent to potentially any wrongdoers, as well as providing customer service for client patrons and employees. The management needs improvement with communication. The hardest part of the job is traveling from place of residency to job site(s). The further you have to travel, there is no compensation. Majority of the co-workers work well with one another. As any job, there are a few hard to get along with ones. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and the client co-workers that you have built a strong camaraderie with.
A good security firm to start with
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 4, 2016
A typical work day is patrolling and monitoring the clients property as well any unusual situations. I very rarely had any issues with management or my fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job is simply the long hours and the most enjoyable is that its not to physically demanding.
Pros
Great work environment!
Cons
Constant mistakes concerning pay and hours.
Care about employees
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2016
AlliedBarton Security Services is big on training employees and promoting from within instead of hiring from outside. You get better experience from within.
meh
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 3, 2016
It's a fine just job and steady work but, dreadfully boring and unfulfilling. The pay could be a lot better. A typical day is just doing rounds of a parking lot or parking garage or watching a camera at a desk or working at a metal detector in a hospital. Nothing exciting truly happens.
boring
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 1, 2016
really don't have much to say about this job I feel like they had no reason to remove me from wells fargos bank as a security officer
First security position
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 31, 2015
Very great place to work, met a lot of interesting people and gained experience with cctv, and vehicle inspection, also gained friendships with different truck drivers.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Job was temporary
Nice company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 31, 2015
Working for Allied Barton at Wild Dunes has been a great experience for me. I've learned how to be more proficient with my multi-tasking skills. One thing about this company is there isn't any room for growth. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is the favoritism between management and certain employees but that can happen anywhere. Over all my job isn't hard.
It was an experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 31, 2015
It was fun and always something to do, however it was just a stepping stone type of job. You learn how DOT officers run a scale house while trying to keep things secure. It's fast paced and takes a great deal of patients. Management was alright however never present when you really need them, which in turn created a somewhat negative place to be. The most enjoyable thing was my co-workers and some supervisors. Hard days were most days especially working with the types of clients we had.
Pros
Good people
unrewarding security position
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2015
screening employees entering and exiting job site and sign in and out client trucks as well as common carriers onto client property

learned TSA screening requirements

overall management is poor, lacking staffing management capabilities

co-workers are pleasant and easy to get along with

hardest part of job is lacking overall respect by employees

most enjoyable part of the job is greeting some of the employees
Good Shifts.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2015
This job is very cool because I only work Monday through Friday with weekends off. Ive learned to be more aware of my surroundings. The hardest part of this job is standing outside on post during the winter time. The most enjoyable time is the summer.
Pros
Paid breaks.
Cons
not so good health plans
A professional atmosphere with good structure.
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 28, 2015
Having been working at this company for a little over 4 years, there is so much to say about this company. They are very professional at what they do. They treat their employees very well and keep them safe as well. I have never worked for a company that cared so much about my well-being.
Pros
Job security, job safety, the safety culture, the employees, the management.
Cons
Health benefits are not the greatest, but that doesn't reflect them to me.
Great Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2015
Great company. Better than other security companies out there. As long as you follow the rules and do your job they treat you well.
They are always short on uniforms and they dont give out women's uniforms.
Pros
you have a choice on what kind of guard you want to be
Cons
uniforms
Great People to work with
EMS Office Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 27, 2015
This job was very mentally challenging and I loved the fact I was challenged like this in a work environment. Great company to work for only con is it is extremely difficult to get vacation time with a center that needs to be manned 24/7
Fun place to work, good people
Contract Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2015
I didn't really work here long enough to form a concrete opinion of the company as a whole, but in my short time there WatchGuard was a blast. More training in our roles would have likely led to more success for the Business Development team. The team lasted a total of 7 months before they laid off the majority of us and fired our manager.
Pros
Fun place to work, Beer Friday, coworkers were amazing, very welcoming
Cons
Lack of training
Decent
Chemical Gate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 25, 2015
The upper management would make ridiculous decision. For instance like most jobs employees with tattoos on arms that could be seen had to wear long sleeve. Those employees with tattoos and long sleeves worked inside mostly. The upper management wanted us to look "uniform" so they required every employee to wear long sleeve including the ones who worked outside with no protection from the elements. They finally got rid of that rule after multiple people passed out.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
The people of Samsung were not pleasent to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 23, 2015
Work/Life Balance: It's pretty easy to get overtime if you want it. We seem to be understaffed at most times for the contract that I worked for. If you don't want to work OT it's also easy not to. However it is basically impossible to call out sick, the supervisor on duty will ride you about coming in at a later time or trading shifts with someone else until you basically get sick of them and just agree.

Compensation/Benefits:The pay for the security industry in general a joke so I can't rate them as low as I would like on the compensation scale. I don't use the companies health benefits. I mentions sick days above and it takes a year before you get vacation days.

Job Security/Advancement: It's pretty hard to get fired as long as you are a decent employee and not a complete and total screw up. I'm honestly amazed at some of the employees they keep. Advancement? Not likely with this company. Maybe with an act of God or a Presidential Order. Also don't expect a pay raise.

Management: With the account I worked for the management was terrible. Constant lying (promise of pay raises or advancement multiple times to multiple different employees without the promises being fulfilled), scheduling mistakes (forgetting to schedule an employee and basically sticking the guard onsite with a surprise double shift, plus other mistakes) and when politely questioned on these points upper management often responds with hostility.

Job Culture: Non-existent. Most of your coworkers are really good people and if you are lucky you will be assigned to a job-site where they treat you
  more... very well. I was lucky in that regard.

The best part about working at Allied Barton for me was that I was assigned to a job-site where there was only one guard on at a time and I never had to deal with anyone from my company but the other guards from my site. And they were all good guys.
Pros
Free Lunch at Times, Good Coworkers
Cons
Pay, Management, Lack of Useable Sick Days
A Unique experience
Gallery Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 22, 2015
Its a different experience working for the company. The hardest part is the ability to get through a day when the visitors are ignoring you.Most enjoyable is being able to assist people and deliver the exact information needed. I learned that when a job looks easy, it's a lot of work behind the scenes.
Pros
stays on top of important details like guard card renewals
Cons
short breaks.
Hours long, future was uncertain
Pt/Supervisor, Floater (Former Employee) –  Oakland, PADecember 22, 2015
The hours worked, were at most, hectic. Sometimes asked to do what's called ," quick turn around", in other words just completed a shift, then 4-8 hrs later told to come back, or as I'm leaving to report back to either split, or work a double. One week I can account I was up for 54hrs, maybe had 2 1/2 naps, if I was lucky, before having to come back to work. Fell asleep at the wheel of my car coming home, and hit a guard rail. I agreed at that time not busting my butt anymore.
Pros
Money, was able to sell back my vacation time
Cons
Hours, reliability of security officers to show up for their shift