AlliedBarton Security Services Employee Reviews

no future
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 14, 2017
I worked at the American Tobacco Campus. I will NEVER work for this company again. Officers that are in a higher position abused their authority. Very immature worksite.
Meh
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 14, 2017
The leadership lacks communication and sometimes the scheduling is a pain in the butt and sometimes unfair to others. There would be a schedule change and no one would inform the security guards.
Bad
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2017
Did like working there but after a couple of years I get tied of the job it was time for me to move on to a new job and just a little bit more money good people I worked with ever day nice place to work
Career Advancement Opportunties
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2017
I started with the company as a security officer, and throughout my time with the company I was able to work my way up into management. The company does a very good job with recognizing employees, and as a manager, they offered many good benefits.
Pros
Work-life balance, management trusts you, career advancement
Cons
Sales disconnected from operations, no after-hours support
Great place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2017
Great place met alot of new and important poeple. Get CPR training from them. Easy job to do easy task for you to do.they have alot of site for you to work.
Productive work environment.
Utility Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2017
Job advancement opportunities.Good management of officers.Management works with officers work schedules,if they've another job.Good team work amongst officers on security duties.
Pros
Schedule flexibility.
Cons
No overtime.
Poor Work Place
Security Corporal (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAOctober 12, 2017
-No electronic sign in so lazy incompetent employees continuously show up late and fudge paper work with no consequence.
-Schedule changes are a such a common event. Think they give you a week in advance to plan things out? Nope. Get ready for random text messages/calls saying the 2 days off you have next week have gone out the window. And if you say you cant make it you get written up.
- Management is made up of many types of people from completely competent to you wondering how some of these morons are able to dress themselves without their mothers help everyday. All with different standards and ways of having you do shifts.
-The experiences I've gained here are the main reason I have stayed at this job. Admittedly you learn a lot here from how to redirect patients to helicopter landing procedures.
-Workplace culture can be simply described as poor. Like being at the bottom of the workplace totem poll? Welcome to allied barton security. This is the place for you.
-The hardest part of the job is dealing with the fact that you cap out at 10.75 as a regular officer and they schedule you multiple 8 hour turn arounds. For anyone unfamiliar with an 8 hour turn around. Basically you work from 8am to 4pm, then come back at midnight and work until 8 am, then go back at 4pm until midnight. Multiple times in a row. Week after week. Go home, shower, feed animals, bed, work..and repeat.
-Enjoyable parts of the job would include my coworkers, rounds, training, and thats about it.
Pros
Knowledge and Experience
Cons
Poor scheduling, Poor management, Little to no room to move up in the company
Disciplined
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 12, 2017
Not much to say, except it is a very strict contract company trying to impress clients and does not take into account employee emergencies and law enforcement opportunities that employees need to attend...
Pros
good start for military veterans
Cons
not a long term carrier choice, strict attendance not flexible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 12, 2017
Good place to work you will get the hours that will equate to money you will get a 401K I did not pay into it though and the people are ok some of the managers are strict but is to be expected.
Pros
You will get a full work week typically 40+ Hours = Good Money
Cons
Cuts in to personal life
Allied
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2017
Very stressful job in Boston with the current management structure with little support from local and outer offices. always stressful, always hostile
productive work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
great company to work for. Pay was ok but great opportunities to advance in the company. Managers always answered for me or any problems I had always were settled at timely manner.
Protective job role.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2017
In this job position you are to secure any post that you are assigned to Making sure that everything and everybody is safe. With following all rules everything will run smooth.
Pros
Learn the sites your assigned to or is working for.
Cons
Can not read a book nor write when things slow up.
Access Control - Receptionist - Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
Would never work for this company again. No structure and you never get a raise and requesting to get any vacation time was impossible. Management did not care about there employees
great learning experince
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2017
Working for this company helped me so much with bettering my customer service skills. Being put in tough situations regularly allows you to really know how to deal with all types of people and personalities. It was a great growing experience for me.
steady and relax
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 10, 2017
a typical day at work consist of clocking in logging on to your computer, greeting employees, writing Daily Activity Report (DAR),completing patrols and making name badges
Great for gaining knowledge and experience in the security field
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KY 40165October 10, 2017
Typical day consist of indoor patrols, outside perimeter patrols, making access badges, monitoring gate access, and employee screening, radio activity
Pros
Diverse, Great coworkers, Some overtime
Cons
Pay scale is site specific
such a horrible company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 9, 2017
this company is horrible I was promised a promotion and never received it and also their pay is low for what you do for them and they never give you any time with your family its always work work work
Summary
District Support Manager/Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2017
A good company to work for, however, they are having some difficulty making the merger between Universal and Allied Barton Security Services work. Otherwise, no complaints.
Enjoyable work
CTS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mitchell, KYOctober 9, 2017
The work was enjoyable and interesting. During my time with them I advanced very quickly and was given many challenging roles. It was a great entry level work experience.
Fun and easy job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2017
Meet and greet new people daily. Easy routine and fun place to work.
Nice uniforms very professional atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is the overnight shift is not has active.
Pros
discounts from nearby places
Cons
the wages are not competative