AlliedBarton Security Services
2,892 reviews

AlliedBarton Security Services United States Employee Reviews

Good
Supervisor (Current Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 25, 2015
Allied Barton Security Services is a good company to work for to get your "foot in the door" in relation to joining a security team.
Good Organization
Senior Special Police Officer / The World Bank (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good overtime.
Cons: Cant keep officers due to military style management.
Not likely to advance. Too strict on employees. This is not the Military. Supervision act like their baby sitters. You cant move without first raising your hand to ask permission.
A typical day at work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Doing lunches walking around giving other security officer there lunch not being assigned to a post.
Cons: short lunch breaks
The hardest part about my job is working over night. I have to stay up all night an in to the morning. My co workers was assigned to different locations I mainly work alone after relieving the security officer at my assigned post. The most enjoyable part is being able to walk around checking things. making sure my post area is secure, and the people around my location are secure. Doing my job right was the fun part for me.
great for someone coming out of high school
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2015
this is good for someone coming out of high school, to high a turn over and doesn't utilize the training and certification as well work experience of good officers they just try to fill post so they can get paid!!!!!
Boring and poor management.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 24, 2015
I know that being a Security Officer is incredibly boring but this job took that to a whole new level. I was lied to by the recruiter saying even though the job was overnight I would still interact with employees. That turned out to be false and untrue, I would spend 12 hour shifts doing nothing but playing on my phone. Worst of all, if someone called in sick and you have nobody to replace you management is TERRIBLE with letting you know someone isn't coming and you have to work their shift. There is little room for growth and the job is boring as crazy.
Great Company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAMarch 23, 2015
This is a good company to work for if you are an student or a veteran.
I wouldn't expect to advance in the company quickly. It'll take time.
Recommend
Security Guard (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: different jobs and locations. great hourly rate. everyone is supper friendly. loved working there.
Cons: i went back to school and they werent ale to find something that would fit my school scedule, i had to leave, but other then that? great company♥
I loved working here, and I was only there for like 5 months. I decided to go back to school, and unfortunately they couldn't find anything to my school schedule. But if I had found anything that was suitable for my school? I would still be working there today.
They give you the options to see where you can work, how many hours you can work, what you're willing to travel? I truly truly recommend applying here♥

Loved loved loved it!
Great people
Security Guard (Current Employee), Gaffney, SCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: meet great people
Cons: hours
It's great to meet and help new customers and guest. The management is very flexible. The compensation isn't great though.
BAD, BAD, BAD
Lead Security Officer- Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: generally anyone can work for allied barton secuity. great starter job.
Cons: anyone can join allied barton. pay. training.
It all varies site to site but in my experience, its very political. While its not impossible to move up in the ranks, it is almost impossible to move to a different higher paying site without knowing someone. Co workers are constantly distracted with phones, watching movies, or sleeping. when someone makes a mistake everyone gets in trouble. While the job itself is simple, the hardest part is seeing bad employees transferred to other sites possibly making a litlle more, while my attempts to transfer (with a great disiplinary record) is met with stalling and little interest.
Hard Worker
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 23, 2015
•Supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services to an assigned customer. Act as a liaison between customer, Operation Manager and security officers. Supervise site staff, providing coaching, recognition and discipline.
•Communicate staffing needs to Operations Manager or to recruiters via Requisition Form, assisting in identifying and interviewing quality candidates.
•Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also includes performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition.)
•Provide the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
•Help Operations Manager identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
•Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
I would never work there again.
SECURITY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaMarch 22, 2015
It was a very easy job but the company doesn't care about their employees at all. They make the job harder then it is. There is no room for advancement. There is a lot of favoritism.
Not supportive
Command Center Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2015
Do not standby their rules and regulations. Do not help with employees concerns. The worst company I have ever work for. Very unconcern with employees well-being
fun
Security Officer (Current Employee), ALEXANDRIA VAMarch 19, 2015
LOTS OF FUN BUT CAN BE BETTER WITH SCHEDULE.
LEARNED A LOT FROM OTHER EMPLYOYEES
CO WORKERS ARE FRIENDLY AND NICE
CAN BE BORED AT TIMES
Very reliable company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 19, 2015
Care for employees and their families. Provide good benefit such as health, dental, vision, and retirement plan. Provide more training for their employees to qualify for the job. Create more opportunities for employees to grow in the company such as supervisor, manager, and area account manager or operations manager.
Great office personnel, terrible site managers
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2015
My five years employed with Allied Barton was pretty cool except I had 7 different account managers in one year. None of them had a clue or didnt care even after extensive training.
Great workplace, not a hard job by any means, always active.
Security Officer (Current Employee), West Point, PAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great job
Pretty simple security job, just have to stay attentive here, but it pays some sites more than others. Co-Workers are great and there is room for advancement in the field.
I enjoy working for Allied Barton. There a standup company.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: hour breaks and plenty of overtime, and flexible scheduling.
Cons: none.
I work a regular 8hr shift that may turn into a 12 or 16hr shift depending on the site.

The company taught me customer service and the client comes first, and dress to impress.

My management team is strategic always one step ahead the game plan. Which is the reason I applied to them in the first place.

When the client don't agree with my account manger. It puts me in the middle and have to conform with the client without speaking with my account manger.

The best part of my job is completing my duties that are given to me by the client.
Not great when I was there
S/O (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 18, 2015
Cons: wont help you if situation requires there intervention
Nothing but negative things to say not one positive might have changed but not when I was there. Well supervisor will treat you like dirt and snap at you when you werent even trained for a position. One sight I worked at I relayed a message that was told to me and the person I told it to punched me in the chest and I quickly detained the person until police arrived who told me I was in the right well the sight I worked at told me I should have let the guy keep beating on me so they kicked me from the sight when all I did was stop the guy from hitting me for the fifth time. The company didnt have my back and sent me to a sight totally to far out and gave me no training and when I ask to get somthing closer they sent me to a factory for one night and sent me back to the sight that was to far cause they needed me more there but told them they didnt pay enough for me to afford gas to keep going so far especially in the winter season had to call off due to not being able to afford bills car repairs and gas The sight wasnt worth it and they decreased my pay.
AlliedBarton Security is an excellent company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
I learned many things from AlliedBarton. Started with the company as a guard and moved up 5-6 positions to middle mgmt. Great training program, always willing to help those that are in need.
was fun but didnt like over nights
Guard (Former Employee), Colorado springs coloradoMarch 18, 2015
Pros: was a great job weekends.
Cons: none really
I liked the people I worked with. I worked from 7pm to 7am. the job worked well for the time it lasted. I was attending collage while working security at Sinton dairy. Was quite fun.

About AlliedBarton Security Services

Better than a blanket, Allied Security Holdings gives customers a sense of security. One of the largest private contract security – Read more

AlliedBarton Security Services Photos