Allies Inc. Employee Reviews

terrible place to work.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 25, 2017
they do not care about their staff and even less about the individuals we serve. The managers and staff teals the money cards and food cards and use them on themselves. NEGLECT STEALING LYING FIGHTING CORRUPTION!!!
Pros
over time friendly
Cons
terrible management and leaders
productive
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJApril 6, 2017
take client out to stores, church, dinner , visit family, park or just for a ride
cook breakfast lunch dinner
wash clothes
doctors appointments
give out medication
Working with Individuals with Disabilities as well as Behaviors
Caring Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Barnegat, NJMarch 31, 2017
Though I am a very empathetic person, this job is very taxing both emotionally and physically. The ratio of employee to client is always first and foremost, however, there are days where we work short and that is a very demanding day.

I recommend this job to anyone who knows how to balance work ethic and emotions, because it is a very difficult job to have longevity.
They dont care
Community Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 30, 2016
Worked there for almost 4 years and they prefer to staff their group homes with people who steal and treat the clients like trash and just throw away the good staff. Anyone that turns in the staff was soon pushed out of the company on false claims! Several investigations happened while I was there and the wrong people were persecuted for them.
Not enough staff and upper management is horrible
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 27, 2016
As a Support Manager I was micromanaged by my manager. I could not do my job properly. Not enough staff hired in compared to staff that quits or gets fired. They also spend their money in the wrong places. Go to their headquarters and see all of the money that goes into the place where as if you go to other companies in the same field you will not come close to what this place has.
Pros
clients
Cons
breaks, salary, upper management, present and ceo
side job
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJDecember 14, 2016
typical day at work consisted of giving meds, dr. appts, cooking and cleaning, and store runs. I learned about different behaviors. Management was absolutely horrible. They go off of personal issues when making decisions. Instead of being fair. My co workers was the best. You don't get raises so theirs no room for growth unless you switch into a management position. I fell in love with my individuals and still keep in contact with them till this day. This job is good for a second job. Not a main job unless your management.
humbling experience
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Morris County, NJDecember 14, 2016
Good agency to work for and to learn from.helping the disabled is humbling.the $ isnt good but you know that before taking the job..I dont like that all the trainings are at main office..staff like myself have to travel an hour to get there during rush hour..the company cars need to be updated more., they get old and not worth repairing anymore..I have been humbled since been helping the disabled..it made me a better person.
Pros
good managers
Cons
better vehicles needed
Mental health agency lacking in ethical financial practices
Mental Health Clerical Support, MaineCare Billing (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 4, 2016
Was asked to submit fraudualnt billing even after pointing out the discrepencies to immediate supervisor, CFO and CEO

Disregard for office staff safety given that most of the client base had mental health and/or legal issues

CEO out of touch with employees and clients
Pros
Closed for business
Cons
unethical
Company sucks
Community Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJ/Ocean CountyDecember 4, 2016
Former employee I've work for this company for some time and the higher ups DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR STAFF they would word you like you're not human then when you need a day off its a problem
Pros
I love working with the individual
Cons
EVERYTHING
Work Review
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 17, 2016
- Care take,medical administration,food preparation and feeding ,personal hygiene,house cleaning and maintenance.
- to be humane and caring,
- excellent management
- Team work with workers good
- Serving is very enjoyable
Pros
good benefits and renumeration
Cons
nothing to say
Great working with individuals, higher up than management is horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean County, NJNovember 13, 2016
I worked with the company for quite some time, the most enjoyable part was working with the individuals. However any program managers, especially in barnegat area have absolutely no respect for others. The new executive director is not professional, like I said the only good part was working with the individuals. Half of the staff are lazy.
Pros
Great individuals
Cons
Higher ups, program managers
Productive, expanded my skils, great company
CSS (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 7, 2016
I loved working with the disable community, I learned how to deal with hardship situations. I was good at multitasking different projects I was assigned.
Co-workers
Customer Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJ 08690August 2, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We all got along very well. Things in the group home ran very smoothly all the time.
Pros
Frienly environment, great pay
Cons
Sometimes overworked
N/a
Group Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 14, 2016
Great place to work at. Great people. Great opportunities. Great benefits. Great schedule. Given opportunity to grow within the company.
Good job for person getting there feet in the medical feild.
Community Integration Support Staff (Former Employee) –  barnegat, njOctober 19, 2015
It's good, and a good learning experience. Its a good job for someone just starting out in the medical field. A typical day work, taking the consumers out into the community and teaching them life skills.
A place where limitations do not define
Vice President of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 12, 2015
A company with the heart of a lion that does wonderful things for the people they serve. Innovation and efficiency are key drivers in this organization, bound for plentiful success.
Pros
24 days of PTO, flexibility in work/balance, family-style leadership
Cons
distance from my home is an hour (or more in poor weather conditions)
Clients are awesome to work for...
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 29, 2015
You have to have an great heart and a lot of common sense , You must be reliable and full of energy. I loved working with People with Disabilities because in my household they were never known as different. My brother was born with Cerebral Palsy so since birth people with any type of Disability were very normal to me. Each Individual as a person has to be treated different which I'm always up for the challenge. The biggest mistake you could ever make is not accepting or be wiling to work with individuals that love you so much for helping them with the simply things we take for granted everyday. Co workers were great to know , I worked with so many so it was always nice meeting someone new. The hardest part of the job was waiting for a release or getting stuck in a snow storm trying to get home or to work. I enjoy every asset of the job.
Pros
Able to find resorces to add strenght to the company
Cons
No breaks and No Mental Concil for Employees, No Union
Draining
Community Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work was comprised of greeting the consumer, reviewing documentation noted by the previous shift, and assisting them with their daily needs. I learned plenty about to care for consumers with special needs on a daily basis as well as protocol for social services. Management was pretty laid back, almost to the point that she didn't seem like a manager. There were times when I felt like I had to fend for myself. There were days when my co-workers didn't show up and I was left by myself. This flustered me. The hardest part of the job was not having a balance between work and social life. There were times when I felt like I lived there. This was draining. The best part of the job was being able to serve and build a relationship with clients.
Pros
Trips with the clients
Cons
No schedule breaks or lunch time
productive area
care provider (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 2, 2015
great place to work nice environment great coworkers, consumer were the best part to be involved in there everyday life
Pros
food provided for meetings
Cons
health care was decent
Management was more concentrated on their egoes than supporting the staff and protecting the consumers.
Community Support Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allies IndSeptember 1, 2015
As an Assistant Manager I discovered that the Manager was stealing from the company and the consumers by using the money assigned to the house expenses like food, cleaning supplies etc. for her own benefit, depriving the consumers of the benefits from that money. After an investigation she was fired but no charges or reports of her actions to the authorities was conducted, so she can do it again in a different company.
The worst part was the NEPOTISM within the company which allows corruption and if you stand up and report the wrong-doing that you witnessed you will get in trouble because they don't like to know or deal with those problems.
The co-workers where exceptional, hard workers and always helping the consumers.
The most enjoyable part was the fact that I made a difference in the lives of the consumers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too much drama between the Staff and lack of support from the higher levels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allies Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9