Allies Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Group Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 14, 2016
Great place to work at. Great people. Great opportunities. Great benefits. Great schedule. Given opportunity to grow within the company.
A place where limitations do not define
Vice President of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 12, 2015
A company with the heart of a lion that does wonderful things for the people they serve. Innovation and efficiency are key drivers in this organization, bound for plentiful success.
Pros
24 days of PTO, flexibility in work/balance, family-style leadership
Cons
distance from my home is an hour (or more in poor weather conditions)
Clients are awesome to work for...
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 29, 2015
You have to have an great heart and a lot of common sense , You must be reliable and full of energy. I loved working with People with Disabilities because in my household they were never known as different. My brother was born with Cerebral Palsy so since birth people with any type of Disability were very normal to me. Each Individual as a person has to be treated different which I'm always up for the challenge. The biggest mistake you could ever make is not accepting or be wiling to work with individuals that love you so much for helping them with the simply things we take for granted everyday. Co workers were great to know , I worked with so many so it was always nice meeting someone new. The hardest part of the job was waiting for a release or getting stuck in a snow storm trying to get home or to work. I enjoy every asset of the job.
Pros
Able to find resorces to add strenght to the company
Cons
No breaks and No Mental Concil for Employees, No Union
Draining
Community Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work was comprised of greeting the consumer, reviewing documentation noted by the previous shift, and assisting them with their daily needs. I learned plenty about to care for consumers with special needs on a daily basis as well as protocol for social services. Management was pretty laid back, almost to the point that she didn't seem like a manager. There were times when I felt like I had to fend for myself. There were days when my co-workers didn't show up and I was left by myself. This flustered me. The hardest part of the job was not having a balance between work and social life. There were times when I felt like I lived there. This was draining. The best part of the job was being able to serve and build a relationship with clients.
Pros
Trips with the clients
Cons
No schedule breaks or lunch time
productive area
care provider (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 2, 2015
great place to work nice environment great coworkers, consumer were the best part to be involved in there everyday life
Pros
food provided for meetings
Cons
health care was decent
Management was more concentrated on their egoes than supporting the staff and protecting the consumers.
Community Support Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allies IndSeptember 1, 2015
As an Assistant Manager I discovered that the Manager was stealing from the company and the consumers by using the money assigned to the house expenses like food, cleaning supplies etc. for her own benefit, depriving the consumers of the benefits from that money. After an investigation she was fired but no charges or reports of her actions to the authorities was conducted, so she can do it again in a different company.
The worst part was the NEPOTISM within the company which allows corruption and if you stand up and report the wrong-doing that you witnessed you will get in trouble because they don't like to know or deal with those problems.
The co-workers where exceptional, hard workers and always helping the consumers.
The most enjoyable part was the fact that I made a difference in the lives of the consumers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too much drama between the Staff and lack of support from the higher levels.
great place to work
css (Current Employee) –  delanco njAugust 9, 2015
excellent place to work. i would recommend this company to anyone with a good heart. Work with people that has disabilities.
My typical day
Community Support Staff (CSS) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 12, 2015
a typical day at work for is pretty good. I help assist the individual with their goals, make sure the house is clean, cook dinner, check/count for PNA and medication and whatever else my manager needs.
Productive and comfortable
Community Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Anyone who needs for their family member with a disability to become independent, Allies Inc. is a company that caters to the clients development. Their group homes are beautiful. They make sure they match the right staff for every client. Their goal is to make sure the client gets everything the company offers.
Pros
great company
Helping hands is a rewarding life.
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  TrentonJanuary 9, 2015
Helping others with every day living is rewarding and if you disagree this is not the company for you. Most enjoyable part of the job is watching the people you are trying to help do for themselves, learn and grow.
Pros
helping others is rewarding.
Cons
driving all over the state puts a wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
Easy going place to work for students!!
Community Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJDecember 10, 2014
a typical day was cleaning, preparing meals, and maybe bathing consumers if they were wheelchair bound. the job was fairly easy, but the hygiene part wasn't my favorite but overall it was a great experience.
Pros
paid lunchtime, ability to study
Cons
pay
Rewarding job
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 9, 2014
This company is focused on providing quality to Developmentally Disabled Adults.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJNovember 4, 2014
They TRY to work their staff like slaves and then don't want to give adequate benefits. Always understaffed... If you take a day off, you don't get paid until 3 months later... They expect the managers to work all of the open hours in the home, no matter how many hours it is, without compensation. Biggest scam I've ever seen.
Pros
the individuals served
Cons
lack of support
working with people with developemental disabilities
Communication Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 4, 2014
A topical day is cleaning, heading out medication, cleaning and keeping the company of current consumers.
Working For Allies Inc
Community Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Work was very enjoyable . We would help achieve consumers personal goal , take them places to enjoy themselves , cook for , wash , give them medications on a timely schedule . We'd also complete paper work & money counts of each individual . Perform safety perecautions .
Pros
ocassional unsupervision
Cons
hrs per wk
meaningful career
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJAugust 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Very compromising towards workers personal life. If I didn't move far away I would Still be working for them. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
productive
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJJuly 19, 2014
interaction with youth
understanding the minds of youth
having fun
learning better in communication
Great company
Assistant Project Director / Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 11, 2014
This company was the first to give me a great opportunity in leading a team of great employees. The work atmosphere was extremely positive and educational.
Pros
group meetings
Cons
n/a
Friendly environment
Project Director (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 17, 2013
You will learn from the best there. It is a very family orientated work place.
working with persons with dissabilities
Asisted Living. CSS (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 9, 2013
a rewarding and challenging commitment to persons who are in need to be assisted on carrying on with their daily lives while being integrated with mainstream society so that their voice and contribution can be appreciated and accepted by all.
not a job for every one , requires patience, compassion and understanding and to be strong.
Salary does not meet fair pay for employees.
no job security
management is undertrained
Pros
caring for people in need
Cons
no job security/salary