Allina Health System

Allina Health System Employer Reviews

Largest Healthcare Organization in Minnesota
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2014
It is an okay place to work. My coworkers wer wonderful but the size of the organization really detracts from the experience.
Professional and enjoyable work environment.
Hmong Interpreter (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 29, 2014
Had an awesome team with different ethnicity background. Everyone was very professional and respectful to each other. Management was the best because there was so much support and guidance when needed in special cases. The most enjoyable part is when i can help to make the communication easier for both patients and healthcare team.
Very busy work enviroment
Clinical Lab Technician (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 1, 2014
This clinic has a high volume of patients and the pace is very fast. There is a lot to learn and if you can keep up you can do anything. My immediate management is 100% tops!! Upper management not so good, lots of promises but that's all they are and never fulfill on their word.
Review of medical transcription duties
Senior Medical Transcriptionist, Certified (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2014
Pros: working from home, avoiding travel to and from work and its cost.
Cons: lack of face to face interaction with co-workers.
I have been working from home for the last 12 years. This requires initiative to resolve problems, if possible, on my own, also use of support staff when necessary. Skills developed included use of the internet for various information searches such as physician look up for correct name spelling, credentials, locations of clinics and hospitals, searches – more... for drug names and uses, surgical instrument names and uses. Knowledge of computer programs used for our work. Every 3 years I became recertified through AHDI earning 30 CEUs reported with documentation. This job also included working as a team with co-workers, though unseen, to accomplish completing the reports to the quality of legal documents, helping others with questions, answering phone calls from physicians and other medical personnel for report information and status. It has become increasingly challenging deciphering foreign physician accents. This job has required a tight control of my work hours to accomplish the maximum amount of work and still achieving a quality level at 98% or above. – less
Exceptional care
MRI Technologist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 19, 2014
Pros: technology, patient care
Cons: call
The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the extraordinary tasks with the MR scanner and in surgery. The challenge of tayloring the protocol to the patient and their needs. Days go quickly because the job is so gratifying.

It wasn't just a job but a passion. What I learned was to let go -take the challenge of finding that new passion.

I would – more... like to recognize the United HR crew as being dependable honest and forthright. – less
Nice co-workers, with a large volume of specimens.
Histology Technician 2 (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 12, 2014
Pros: the lab is busy, most of the time, so the days went fast.
Cons: m
A typical day at Allina. I would arrive and embedding and cutting, then after 3 hours have a 30 minute break. Then I would continue to embed and cut. However some days I had a bench that I would start about halfway through my shift. The benches were; accessioning, at the hospital (where I would have up to 20 frozen in an 5 or 6 hour time frame), or – more... in the main lab, special stains, checkout (where slides and blocks are matched up and then brought to the Pathology Assistants). One last bench is, changing stainers, assisting with renal biopsies, and embedding and cutting STAT biopsies. Foe example: heart biopsies, some prostate biopsies, and GI biopsies
I learned a great deal about how a big hopital runs from being a Supervisor of the Abbott Northwestern Histology lab, before it merged to Allina Health. I also have mastered the skills needed in a routine histology lab.

Management was not present during my shift.

I really enjoyed working with the Allina Health Histotechs. They are a great group of people.

The hardest part for me at Allina was the Management not being available and willing to work with on any employee issues.

I very much enjoyed my co-workers. For the most part we all got along very well and made a good team to get the work done. – less
Allina Health is a leader in our community, providing health care to our local community and beyond.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 11, 2014
Our healthcare providers work hard each day to provide the best care and patient experience possible for each and every patient.
love it
Clinical account specialist (Current Employee), minnesotaMarch 6, 2014
I love wokring for Allina it makes me feel like they care about me and the patients.
LPN @ JA WEDUM HOSPICE HOUSE IN BROOKLYN PARK MINNESOTA
LPN (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park MinnesotaFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: caring for the terminally ill
Cons: racism, prejudice, discrimination etc.
Bedsides caring for the terminally ill who are at the end of their life,this place is terrible to work especially when you are black. I wouldn't recommend my enemies to work here.Management is a leader of the clan.They are the most racist beings since the 1800's.
Ccity Center Excellent rating
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Mercy Hospital in Coon RapidsFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: experience and learning values of what my role was as a protector and guardian.
Cons: over adrenalized colleagues
It was basically a mall which connected to several other areas of business via skyways. My security experience there was extremely valuable in creating an extreme sense of visualization and sixth sense ability to see trouble prior to it occurring. I was well taught by my managers, leads, and peers as to close team work and the ability to use verbal – more... judo and follow the ladder of force up/down without emotions overcoming the situation. I learned to embrace chaos and perform at my best through it with ability to remain human. – less
Place Where I Learned, Grew and Loved
Certified Medical Assistant - Pediatrics (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 5, 2014
Allina Health Coon Rapids was honestly the first job where I truly enjoyed going to work every day.I was given the opportunity to grow into the hard working individual that I am today.
Poor management
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee), Twin Cities, MNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: communication is not there.
Management does not communicate well with people of color. They do not promote them and regardless of qualification they do not do a good job of hiring managers as well.
Good pay and benefits.
Devel. Officer/Gift Shop & Vol. Svcs Sup. (Current Employee), Buffalo HospitalJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good benefits
I have learned many new things, but the stress is very high and the expectations for my position are too extreme. Many co-workers are not the most professional including many leaders. Favoritism has been a big factor and many issues with other staff are not addressed because of this.

I really enjoy working with others and the benefits and pay are very – more... good. – less
Great people to work for
Payroll Transactionist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 28, 2014
Allina was a great place to work for and had its perks. We got our work done our production done and the supervisers and managers also had an open door if you needed to talk to them about anything that was bothering you or just needed help with something.
Allina appears to be very stable financially, cares for their employees, and respects employees in all roles in the hospital.
RN (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit options, and pay
Typically I care for a labor patient, usually 1:1 nursing care if patient is in labor. I will also occasionally care for patients on the post partum unit, usually 4 mother/ baby couplets. Also is able to care for patients in the triage unit and circulate for cesarean sections if needed.
Horrible place to work
UR Reviewer (Former Employee), MinneapolisDecember 6, 2013
Very negative and hostile. Management targeted certain employees. Gossip. Lies. Horrible. DO NOT WORK HERE.

January 1, 2014

Employees treated very poorly. Talked down to. Disrespected. Threatened. Management horrible. Allina is a big plac, but my manager was the worst. Most employees live in fear of being fired. Sick.

Nice place to work
Patient Access Liaison (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 20, 2013
Pros: lots of pot luck
Cons: short breaks
Scheduling appointment, activating the team for level ones and stemi and answering calls.

Professional skills to do a good job.

Always willing to help

A good support team.

Scared that the team will not get there in time to safe a patients life because of a mistake you might make.

I loved it when the report that the patient survive and now in recovery.
Committed
Lab Lead (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNNovember 19, 2013
Very Committed to the future of Health Care. Exceptional customer service.
Loved the company but management did not live nor act out the Allina vision
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Edina, MNNovember 15, 2013
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: management
Was lucky enough to have worked with patients, providers and other staff to coordinate care for people of all ages. I have learned a lot about the resources that are out there for people .I loved working with our doctors and nurses. We were truly a team and worked very well together. Management changed and unfortunately ruined our clinic environment – more... and we lost many good people. The hardest part of the job was new management leading by instilling criticism, fear, shame, 100% perfection, dishonesty and getting away with it. The best part of my job was helping saves lives of patients and working with a good team of co workers – less
Brand new OR's, great Doctors, needs management stability
employed Full time (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 7, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: lots of change, construction, turn over of staff
As a CST with varied experience it is a great place for variety. Not all of the CSTs are required to know each service; often those who scrub a variety work the hardest and are often asked for more.
Variety is a plus. The recent change in management will work itself out. The department needs time to stabilize after losing many Neuro Doctors and Ortho – more... teams. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Allina Health System

Overview: Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 – Read more