Allina Health System

Allina Health System Employee Reviews

Different Hospitals are different
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis & Coon RapidsMarch 11, 2017
I loved being an Emergency Department Nurse; I did not like the culture at Mercy Hospital. I liked being a Med Surg Nurse; the culture at Abbott Northwestern Hospital is much more team oriented than at Mercy.

Mercy Hospital management cares about the bottom line a lot more than they care about their employees. MNA - Minnesota Nursing Association has done a lot for Registered Nurses in general, but they are not very helpful to individual RNs.
Pros
helping people
Cons
lack of breaks
Constantly reorganizing their care model
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2017
Job duties are not clear, training is poor, workplace feels unsupported and stressed. Meetings to clear up fears are vague and unorganized. Providers are walking out as they see no improvement. All departments feeling the stress. Corporate gets holidays off but nobody else. Benefits are poor compared to competitors (pay and health coverage). They blame the strike for all the cuts but in reality the PPCT care model had hired double the staff without a real detailed plan. Every day we had to rotate staff to drive to another clinic that was understaffed due to illness or vacation, and get hours there.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
no job security, no paid holidays, poor training and communication from management
Enjoyable workplace with supportive co-workers
Russian Speaking Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2017
Performing interpretation at the hospital for Russian speaking population, who doesn't speak English. Scheduled procedures and lab appointments for the patients.
Only leaving as provider is resigning.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNMarch 9, 2017
ok place to work for. Cambridge is a union contract for LPN's. have no more to say about this location. Would work at a different location if it meet what I am looking for.
Cons
Break room is in basement for LPN's and far to get to.
Amazing opertunities to learn new thing.
Cardiac MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2017
This place was an amazing place to work. The staff were great and they had a wonderful open door policy. The department I worked in was a very high volume place. The learning experience was a constant experience with never a dull day.
Productive and Friendly team members
CMS Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2017
1. I got very good manager who knows to manage and get work from the team.
2. Friendly team members
3. Healthy meetings and team discussions
4. Fun place
5. Very good work place culture
ok place to work
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 11, 2017
The job was ok. I think I was getting tired of the job since I was there for along time. Not too much for advancement unless you have a degree.
Pros
meeting new people
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Friendly staff with patient care focus. Worked there for many years without any issues. I recommend this for anyone looking for a career in nursing.
An okay place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNFebruary 7, 2017
the drive is not fun, long hrs of work plus long commute make it hard for any family time. Other than, that it an okay place to work. nice co-workers, friendly patients.
Pros
the pay
Cons
long shifts with long commute
Great place to work, with great benefits.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNFebruary 3, 2017
Working at Allina is a very positive experience. Most of the people I have worked with have been friendly, knowledgeable, supportive, highly competent professionals. Allina makes a concerted effort to encourage high standards, build strong team cohesiveness, and create healthy, productive, efficient, harmonious, and successful workplaces. I am very impressed by the level of organization, coordination, and communication that I have encountered at work. Everybody pitches in to ensure the highest standards and best possible outcomes. Allina has a strong commitment to employee professional development and makes the patient their top priority.
Good people
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2017
My experience at Allina was some 19 years ago and the main reason why I left there, I went to a job with better hours.

I did learn the Xerox printers, and small systems backups (lan).
Some opportunities are to telecommute at home but under-going lots of changes.
Patient Access Specialist/ Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2017
Allina is an 'okay' place to work with lots of benefits, but I don't like how my supervisor and management is running the show right now. There are lacks of communication and trusts issues in my department. I work for the Corporate office for registration. The ONLY good thing about my job is being able to work from home.
Not recommended
LPN (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Small clinic, LPN are RN want to be, management has no clue to what is going on, very low morale, back biting. They play favorites.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism, low morale.
Security officer
Security Officer (full time/casual) (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 24, 2017
I loved my job I was an 3rd shift security officer. The job it self pays really well starting off, but there is no room for advancement. They need to bring in a union for the security department at that hospital. hospital atmosphere and staff were great I was trained very well. My downfall was my overnight lead didn't like me due to my race. I also wanted a job that would allow me to advance. there are guys that have been working there for 10-15 years and make the same money as me
Pros
great uniforms, great pay, excellent atmosphere
Cons
management needs to have there workers back, definately need to bring in a union, no room for advancement
Nothing but nice things to say
RPSGT (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2017
Love the place I work for, it would be hard to leave it the people at United hospital sleep center are fabulous. Management changes were common but with out drama. Over all a high rating.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Minimal feedback from MD's unless something was wrong and at united it was rare
Dont care much for Family
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 16, 2017
If it isnt related to Allina they dont really care. Inmates have better sleeping facilities then Staff call rooms. Retirement is JUNK... Worst Ive seen.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Terrible Retirement, Work Life Blend
Allina Heath
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2017
Very close knit team in and out of work. That is what made it a great job. They did pot lucks and picnics for us and were thankful for your work.

Hardest part was walking people through My Chart and getting them started as they were very frustrated.

Management helped and listened to you
Pros
Everyone worked as a team
Cons
Changed shifts every 3 months
Benefits
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2017
The benefits are the best part of working for Allina. Plenty of PTO. Insurance benefits have many plans to meet everyones needs
Avoid Allina Health
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2017
RN's are well educated and work as a team. Barely get a 30 minute break. Allina devalues nursing any chance it gets. Badges just say RN, doesn't specifiy any extra credentials or even the facility you work at. all meetings are about hand washing or falls, nothing about improving patient care. Poor management-usually ex nurses who couldn't take it at the bedside and become puppets. Senior leadership just pushes its agenda down the throats of everyone. So, as you guess there is a very high turnover. a lot of traveler staff throughout every department. allina ceo is a baby doctor who couldn't lead a group around a circle. its bad.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
its a very low morale company
very fun place to work
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 4, 2017
I would recommend Empi to work at if the company was still open, i loved working for them. Always room for growth. Unfortunately the company had to close its doors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allina Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

65%