Allina Health System

Allina Health System Employer Reviews

Full Steam Ahead
Clinic Dietitian (Former Employee), New Ulm, MNFebruary 24, 2015
This company has a great sense of direction, vision and serves its customers. The co-workers make it an enjoyable place to work and grow personally and professionally.
great job
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNFebruary 18, 2015
I love using my knowledge and skills to help people every day. Unfortunately Allina's re structuring etc. has taken alot away from the work/life balance needed to love my job there.
Great Place to Work
Plant Maintenance (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Check boilers, Check chillers when running, this Hospital is a Great place to work, Im looking for a day job, Work with great people I love my job but looking for a Day Job
Medical Assistant
medical Assistant (Former Employee), WestFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: nursing supervisor
After 20+ years of employment was "let go" due to new management. Not a healthy environment to work as quantity of patients seen was more important then the quality of care. Micromanaging by management. Co-workers: nursing supervisor has definite favorites. Hardest part of the job: trying to keep supervisor happy
Most enjoyable part of job: provider and patients
Great!
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Edina, MNFebruary 8, 2015
Great company, great benefits, wonderful hours! I only stopped working for Allina when my son was born and I decided to stay at home with him.
Team Work Environment.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: team care
Allina is an amazing company to work for. The team environment helps to ensure a smooth flow for patient and less stress for employees. Managers have an open door policy and the training is A+.
The company as a whole is good...
Employee (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: poor evironment
However, the department I worked in has become less and less a place anyone would want to work. Less and less consideration for employees, bad raises, more cut-throat and less supportive.

Unfortunately I think this is the direction the department has been going in fore a few years. There have been layoffs, those being let go being decided largely by if you are "in" with the manager in a buddy buddy manor or not.
Advancement and knowledge of the medical record system.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: getting great personal reviews and departmental reviews.
Cons: if adjustments had to be made because of financial concerns for the company we had to downsize.
I absolutely enjoyed working in the Allina Health system. Everyday there was something to learn. The environment at Allina Health lead me to want to further my education. Management was very supportive even in critical situations. My co-workers were the best, we looked out for each other. The hardest part of the job was feeling inadequate if every procedure was not to it's best standard but with a vision of completeness we made it work. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing that the medical record was accurate and complete.
Productive fast paced organized fun work environment
Patient Access Specialist Level II (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: being giving recogintion for a job well done
Cons: exposure to illnesses, high turnover
Work with team to gather data regarding patient billing and demographic information, collect copays, help patients with forms for medical assistance applications, admit patients for inpatient stays and medical imaging appointments. Hardest part of the job is seeing the stress that patients are under and what their families go through.
Great Enviroment
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2015
Allina is a great place to work. They have majority of business office jobs that work from home.
Okay in some areas
Inventory Control Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: pto, lazy managers
Depending on the department it is a good place to work. Good work life balance. Could offer more PTO and decent raises. Frequent lay offs and lazy managers.
Consultant
Senior Revenue Cycle and Clinical Consultant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2015
Overall, Allina has a good handle on their business model. As with any business in a fast changing world, their focus and future business model needs to keep pace with overall consumer needs and wants.
Extremely stressful and not family friendly
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee), MinneapolisJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: horrible managers, bad pay, rude nurses, everyone is out for themselves.
Allina by far is the worst hospital system I have ever worked for! The managers micro manage you to death because they don't have enough work to do. The managers will also treat you like a toddler. Training is a joke. Co-workers are not very helpful. Everyone is out for themselves. The nurses are very rude and treat lab staff like they are above us. Allina talks about cutting staff all the time!
Everything is STAT. Hard to know which stat is more important. The work hours are so up and down it's not family friendly at all! Asking for days off is pure ridiculous. Always told too many people are off so "NO," you can't take a day off. Even when I worked full-time! But yet the manager, and supervisor always take their DAYS OFF! ALWAYS!!!!!
Sometimes they even take weeks off.
I would never ever ever recommend working at Allina to others!
Work at home
RN (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 29, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: mgmt by a non nurse
Medicare Reviews, physician referrals, communicate with Physicians and case Mgmt and Physician advisors, work at home relaxed and enjoyable.. IM chit chat can be annoying, but good when necessary for communicating
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: no room for advancement
Allina Health is a good company to work for. The most enjoyable aspect of working for Allina is all the caring employees.
Restructuring
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great people, benefits, comensation
Cons: allina is going through major restructuring making career advancement very hard.
Due to current restructuring, it is basically impossible to advance your career.
Great Place to Work
Patient Access Liaison IV (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2014
People are genuine and friendly. Support staff is awesome.
Advance care planning pioneer
Advance Care Planning Facilitator/Social Worker (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 13, 2014
Large health care organization with many clinics, hospitals, home care and hospice and affiliated clinics
Not my favorite position
Guest Account Payable (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2014
This is Marriott Hotel. I enjoyed my work, but the people were another story.
good working environment knew most of the patients by first name
Receptionist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: a lot of overtime
Allina bought Aspen Medical group about 6 years ago, I enjoyed working for Allina, some of the changes took awhile to get accustom too. compensation was good, management was so so, job culture was good. The hardest part of the job was finding enough time to get everything completed. I really enjoyed my coworkers, we were like a small family. Overall rating would be an 4 out of 5.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allina Health System

Overview: Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 – Read more