Allina Health System Employee Reviews in United States

good company
eHIM Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2016
I felt stuck in my position

we never had enough staff for the crazy busy phones

hardest part of the job is the demanding and challenging people that would call
Welcoming,friendly and fun
Insurance Specialist/Hospital Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2016
Typical day at work is meetings and getting claim submitted to insurance companies to pay the claims. Calling insurance companies for authorizations and appealing the claims with medical documentation. I learned how to read a claim and the EOB.ICD 9 and ICD 10.CPT codes. The Management has been the best ever that I have had, they take the time to really train you well. All my co-worker were very kind and friendly willing to help you learn and grow. The hardest part of the job is knowing what insurance companies, timely filing limits are and who cover what. the most enjoyable part of my job was working from home.
Pros
Having a choice to work from home or in the office.
Cons
Not being able to work out of state.
Hippa
Mental Health Associate- Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 10, 2016
HIPPA I do not wish to give any further information about my work experience at Allina Health system. thank you very much.
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2016
I was only there as an intern for a short time but it was an awesome experience. I would recommend Allina to anyone who wants to work in the forefront of healthcare.
Great Company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 19, 2016
Everything went over great with everything, loved my time there, I left for better pay, and for something to do with my college degree
I liked to work independently since I am a self-starter
Medical Records Processor (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNFebruary 9, 2016
I gave me a great challenge to keep me interested in my work. It never was a boring job and it was stimulating. I had a great team of people to work with on all shifts. Co-workers were supportive in helping each other with identifying problems & helping solve issues.
Pros
Great benefits, a lot employee perks thru Allina.
Cons
management not flexible
Challenging and productive. Growth opportunities endless
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNFebruary 6, 2016
Best company I have ever had the pleasure to work for. Growth opportunities endless. Excellent management. Education reimbursement. 401k match.
Pros
work from home
Cons
challenging productivities requirements
great place
Enviormental Services (Former Employee) –  New Ulm, MNFebruary 2, 2016
being a house keeper at the get your cart ready to go and you clean your designated area. You're on your own for the most part.
Pros
dinner break is long
Cons
hours are late at night
Good place to work in the city
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2016
If you're looking for a stepping stone to a police job in a booming city, this place is definitely a step in the right direction. Good work atmosphere.
productive and fun
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 11, 2016
Great Company to work for. Always caring for the employees. TEAM MATES are amazing. Great growth opportunities. FLexible shifts, and outstanding, caring, transparent, understanding supervisor.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no overtime
Best job I ever had. My job responsibilities were changing and diverse. I learned so much.
Corporate Communications Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 8, 2016
I worked as a communication assistant, but because the company was going through a reorganization I was able to wear many hats during my three year stay. I took the job as I had just completed a degree in communications and couldn't afford to do an internship. My bosses and the department let me work on many things both internally and externally in communications. My co-workers were all helpful and nice people. Nothing about my job was hard. It was challenging and fun to work on all the things I did. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be a part of so many things. The worst part of my job was being let go as part of the company reorganization.
Continued Job Security
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2015
They work hard, but spirits remain low. If you enjoy a challenge and the hustle of the corporate environment, this is the place for you. If you prefer a more "mom & pop" atmosphere, then I would suggest to seek elsewhere. Allina continues to remain to have the "Big Box" mentality.
Pros
Able to work from home, able to work earlier hours, constant job security
Cons
Pressure of projects and timelines, typical corporate environment, not a lot of loyalty with coworkers.
Co-workers are irreplaceable
LPN (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNDecember 1, 2015
My co-workers at Allina have been wonderful over these years but management is less than desirable. Supervisors encourage advancing employees education but do not support you. I was forced to resign my position because I would be missing one day of work per week. Allina provides great service to the patients, unfortunately employees are all treated as "replaceable." Because Allina is such a large organization they have no loyalty to the employees.
Fun workplace
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 1, 2015
Big workplace with lots of laughter and fun but the downfall would be with the use of only few elevators, it takes alot of time out of work to access other areas.
Pros
PROFFESIONAL
Cons
COMPETIVE COLLEAGUES
Exciting co workers for the most
Temporary Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2015
Management runs good employees away. They do not here employees recommendations or feedback. We have managers there just because of relationship status or number of years within other department managing departments they have no clue about. Management is very untruthful and deceptive...
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Horrible management
Good pay and benifits
SECURITY OFFICER/SECURITY SITE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2015
If you're looking to go into a LE career, healthcare security is great experience. Allina security officers as with most all healthcare security officers are going from one negative call to another that range from theft, fight, issues in the ED and mental health area and so on. Anything you could be dealing with on the street you will be dealing with at a hospital. If you mix well with the team your working with great, but not everyone fits in. You need to have a big ego or at least don't mind others who do.

Good luck if you're a female wanting to move up. If all or even most of your experience comes from a contract security company it wont be counted, even if you were in supervision/management. Don't believe it if you're told politics are not involved, they are.

Training is good and ongoing.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
most locations you're dealing with one negative call after another.
Great place to work and growth .
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2015
Our department was knew, we all had a great chance to grow. grow. I Love my employee connections. He as been great 8 years.
Pros
good community
Management issues
RN, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  MNOctober 31, 2015
Our union is weak, and our management does not care about their employees. Our schedules are changed and we are basically told to take it or leave it. We have had to rebid twice in the last 3 years.
Pros
GREAT COWORKERS
Cons
BAD MANAGEMENT
Allina employer to work for
Point of Service Representative/HUC (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNOctober 29, 2015
Training for my position was done at coroporate with trainers that are skilled in the field, you were not just trained a few days and sent out in the field.
It gave me confidence and understanding of my job and knowing what is expected of you in this position.
Good Company
Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - Bandana Square Clinic (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 22, 2015
Unfortunately I spent time in a newly purchased company and the staff was in transition and did not want to comply to Allina's policies and procedures. Staff made it very difficult to work in an environment that staff did not want to be there and was rebelling at every turn.
Pros
Being purchased by Allina
Cons
Unreceptive staff.