AllMed Healthcare Management, Inc Employee Reviews

"Firing Fridays"
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 12, 2016
This company has "firing Fridays", where they order a pizza and then someone is going to be fired. It affects the professional and administrative staff. This place is one giant red flag. Half of the population in Portland has worked for this company at this time. Completely psychotic owner, who has bizarre expectations. The average length of employment is probably 3-6 months.
Big company perks without the bureaucracy & red tape
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 17, 2014
Allmed Healthcare is young company doing it's best to be a bigger better version of itself. Employment here comes with the growing pains you would expect and opportunities you wouldn't.

The healthcare, 401K, vacation time and paid parking pass are on par with benefits at much larger public companies. The compensation is commensurate with the Portland metro area but not quite up to speed with the national averages for some jobs. Portland remains an employers market.

The environment is open and inviting to new employees. What Allmed lacks in office furnishings it more than makes up for in the quality of it's employees. Management is warm and encourages all employees to approach them whenever they feel the need. Expectations are high for everyone but teamwork and camaraderie make tough challenges much less intimidating.
Pros
Highly competant leaders, opportunity to advance & paid parking
Cons
It's called Happy Hour - Let's get one on the calendar people.
Beware
Clinical review staff (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2014
Physician's reviews are rewritten and changed without them knowing to give the insurance company the answer they want. Clinical staff are expected to do this (change reviews) without question. There is very high turnover of RNs and MDs. Performance expectations are unclear or impossible, and managers don't understand medical decisions but believe they do. Very dysfunctional environment with leaders who don't value medical professionals. Beware if you are a physician who writes reviews for this company because what you write is not what gets sent out with your name on it.
Pros
I worked with some great doctors and nurses
Cons
The best people leave
Just don't
Doing you a favor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2014
Save yourself the hassle and don't bother. If you're a physician, you can do much better working for a health plan as a medical director. If your an operations person, the same is true.
Pros
Free lunches and parking
Cons
This company is a grease fire every day.
Clinical
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonMay 23, 2013
Job duties interesting. High turnover, both staff and management. Clinical Staff work in tight quarters, one room. Frequent activity, noise, inapp. conversations regarding other employees, firing employees, profanity, etc. Misleading interview. Poor benefits, no retirement, etc.
Atmosphere, friendly at times, open conflicts at other times
Communication is poor, no job descriptions, written policy's, etc.
Inconsistent directions and expectations. Unprofessional. Get everything in writing.
Pros
Interesting Medical Reviews
Cons
High Turnover, Poor communication and management
Dedicated employees, High values, Quality work performance, Career opportunities, and Friendly work environment
Credentialing Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2013
I started working at AllMed HealthCare Management as a Medical Review Processer 10 years ago. Since the time I started, the company has grown immensely. AllMed is privately owned and has invested wisely in infrastructure and a staff that is highly educated. I personally have been given multiple opportunities to grow and advance within the company. Since starting at AllMed I’ve been promoted from Medical Review Processor to Operations Manager, then to Compliance and Credentialing Manager. I’m presently the Credentialing Manager that is responsible for all aspects of credentialing peer specialists, which include verification of licenses/certifications, on-boarding, quality monitoring and re-credentialing. This job entails 100% accuracy of peer files that must be up-to-date at all times and to comply with our accreditation with URAC (Utilization Review Accreditation Commission). Working at AllMed has been challenging and rewarding at the same time. The day-to-day work is interesting and very fulfilling. It’s a pleasure working at AllMed and I look forward to each and every day I’m here.
Pros
excellent leadership, highly educated staff, team work, and cheerful environment
Cons
deadlines to meet
Stimulates professional learning and understanding healthcare utilization
Associate Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonFebruary 28, 2013
Started working at AllMed several years ago and really enjoy the continued learning it provides for me. I interact with all manner of subspecialists, am exposed to emerging technologies in medicine, and understand a variety of utilization strategies. It's a great combination for my Emergency Medicine and public health backgrounds.
Great Company to work for...Great Perks, Great Co-Workers!
Sr. Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 28, 2013
This is a fast paced company that is constantly working to improve in all aspects of the business. The goals are to find ways to excel and be the best at what we do. Management is willing to take the necessary steps to ensure the highest quality and standards. Employees are encouraged to engage in the decision making process by coming up with new ideas and ways to better current processes.
There are many great perks! (Lunches, massages, celebrations, etc.) The spirit of the management staff here is to make everyone feel appreciated and valued on an individual and team basis.
Great company to share your ideas!
Clinical Training and Special Projects Lead (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYFebruary 28, 2013
I started working for Allmed Healthcare Management in 2009, at the time it had less than 30 employees, we have now grown to almost 50. I have worked for both large corporations and small companies and Allmed has the best of both work environments. Management knows you by name, is very willing to listen to your ideas and suggestions, yet we have state of the art technology and support to help me do my job efficiently.
Pros
family atmosphere but still professional
Cons
most people do not understand what an independent review organization does